PubLove @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

This hostel provided no common area or kitchen and only the bar below it as a hang out place. The lockers were also really small, only big enough for a purse. The wifi barely worked anywhere in the hostel or the bar. The beds were horribly uncomfortable, but the people working there were nice.

Worst hostel Ive had in europe.The beds are uncomfortable and some of the 3rd level bunks don't have guard rails on both sides. There are signs saying that the hostel sells towels and adaptors, yet none of the staff knew anything about this (and weren't much help with anything else either). The wifi was atrocious - this may seem like a stupid thing to complain about, but when you're travelling and need to plan things, wifi is really important. The bar is also really expensive (with discount).

I really enjoyed my stay at the green man and I thought the location and value for money was excellent. Cheers to you guys. It would be nice though to have a bed with slightly fewer springs wrecking my back.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Should be renamed "Bed Lottery @ The Incompetence Inn". We stayed 4 nights; on the first they assigned guests who checked in late to our beds, luckily we were in them. On the third night we came back late after a few drinks to find that one of our beds had been taken, reception told us to use the bed of another guest who had not returned. In the morning they lied to us, saying the person in our bed had just got in the wrong bed (we talked to him, he hadn't).

The burgers are fantastic in the pub. The only places to hang out are in the pub itself or in your room. I stayed in room 1 and it was very hot as there was no breeze coming through the window. It was also really hard to fall asleep as there is some kind of industrial fan outside the window. The breakfast choices are cereal or toast which is enough to get you going in the morning. It's right next to 2 underground stations. The staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly.

Hostel was really disorganized. I got sent upstairs three times to the wrong room and wrong bed until they finally figured out where I was going to sleep and took me to a free bed. Then I was given the wrong card so I got locked out of my room during the night when I went to use the toilet. Rather than just give me the code to the room so I could return to sleep I was asked heaps of questions including if I was actually staying at the hostel. Disappointing. I found a new place for the next day

Way too many people in one room. Beds were comfortable. Showers were unclean.

• 6th Jun 2015

The lockers only fit small locks. There's not really a central area to hang out accept for the bar and when you're on a tight budget its a bit pricy to drink since there's nowhere else your allowed to on premises. There's no microwave to make food and the only fridge is behind the bar. The staff was friendly, everything was clean and beds were comfy. My stay was great and I still was able to meet others, it just was a different environment with the reception being a bar. Also WiFi is terrible.

Hey there. I'm sorry to read our hostel didn't reach your expectations and I would like to apologise. Our bar is open for our hostel guests 24 hours and this is what we use as our common area. Also with the guests discounts you can enjoy a good affordable English beer while sharing your experiences with other guests! I apologise for technical difficulties with the wifi. We always offer guests to use our computers/devices if needed. Thank you for leaving the review and we hope to see you again!

Pub food is great! Don't count on a reliable wifi connection. Printer not working while we were there and no-one seemed to be doing anything to try to fix it. Good location for the money but I wouldn't stay more than two nights.

Great location, many cheap fastfoods in close proximity and the city center in walk distance. Takes about 40min on foot to Victoria coach station and 12min to Hydepark. Undergrand and bus station are right next to pub. Hostel itself feels like built for hobbits but it seems to be standard in England.

• Czech Republic

The hostel is not noted anywere on the outside of the building. The six women's dorm is 3 bunks each stacked up with out even room to open your suit case and have another person in the room. Bathrooms are dirty and even the shower curtain smells of bio (don't think it been cleaned or replaced forever) there is no kitchen to use which is one of the points of hosteling. Lastly the "breakfast" you get one toaster with 6 slots to over 30 people who are staying there and horrible plastic dish wear

• 22nd May 2015

Hi there. We are sorry you didn't have a good time in our hostel. We haven't got a kitchen for guests in our hostel but we do allow guests to eat food at the bar and we also sell food at a discount for guests 24 hours a day but we are very sorry you found this inconvenient. We always welcome reviews wether they are positive or negative as they help us progress so thank you for the feedback. Take care, The Green Man

Would love to see bigger lockers. Charging station with multiple connectors would be cool.

• 22nd May 2015

Hey there, Glad to see you had a good time in our hostel! We do have a luggage room which is secure if you want to store big items as the lockers upstairs are mainly for smaller valuables. Always appreciate the feedback so thank you for the review! Take care and hopefully we see you again! The Green Man

Awesome place. Great location for the cricket!

• 21st May 2015
  • New Zealand

Oh we do love a bit of Cricket! Cheers for the review mate and we're glad to see you had a good time. Hopefully for the next match you get a bit more luck, hehe. Take care! The Green Man.

Was a bit of an odd crowd there- some people infact living there. There were rats in the rooms and the bunks were kind of unstable. I had a massive gap between my bunk and the wall making it very easy to fall through. You get what you pay for thoufh

• 20th May 2015

The pub downstairs is a good space to hang out, but the actual hostel rooms aren't very nice. Be prepared for triple decker bunks, and a very small room for the number of people they pack in. There was nothing really awful about it, but also nothing particularly nice. However, the price was really good for London.

Hello, Glad to see you enjoyed our pub! We are sorry the rooms weren't up to your standard and we are always welcoming feedback as it helps us progress so thank you for the review. Take care and safe travles, The Green Man

Very good location in central London. All the staff are really friendly and helpful and jack the manager is great.

Value for money is okay.

It was good, very helpful staff

Hey there, Thanks for leaving a review. Our staff are always trying to keep things exciting for our guest and we are glad you had a swell time at our hostel. Look forward to seeing you again! The Green Man

Everything was perfect. I'd recommend sound proof window of room 3 b/c it's too noisy due to traffic n ambulances sirens.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Pakistan

Hello, Thanks for leaving us a review. We always welcome any feedback so we can help improve our hostel and sound proofing is definitely something we can look in to. Take care and we look forward to seeing you soon! The Green Man

Great central location with immediate access to the tube, which I didn't actually use since it's also walking distance from Hyde Park, Oxford Street and much more. Friendly staff in the pub below the hostel, which has a good range of drinks and (it seems like) good food. I stayed one night in the 9-bed mixed dorm which was compact but not cramped. Toilets quite small but clean. Perfect for what I was after; a cheap, decent and well-located hostel. Would return.