PubLove @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

Had a pleasant stay, staff we're friendly, great location happy days

It's nice to have a cheap pub within the hostel! The showers and loos are not as cleaned as they should. And workers are either really nice or they are really bad, Portuguese guy working there and the ladies were amazing!

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

The staff was great. My only complaint were that the showers never "felt clean", though I am sure they were cleaned regularly. I think a remodel and a fresh coat of paint would go a long way. Also I think there was mold around a lot of the vents.

• 8th Jan 2016

Great location. No thrill, but a good value for the money.

Rooms were so cramped and tiny I felt like I was in a prison cell. luggage room stank like mound. No food/kitchen options besides buying the pub food downstairs. The bathrooms were constantly wet and messy with hardly any facilities. Toilet paper all over the floor and the door didn't even close properly. Hair dryers were outrageously expensive. The internet constantly cut out which made booking tours problematic. Only thing good about it was it was close to town.

Not actually a hostel, this is just a bar with upstairs converted to include triple decker bunks. Zero staff other than bartender place reeks of mold.

Guests only had the option of relaxation and eating in the pub. They need on site cleaning staff.

Really uncomfortable bedrooms, withouth any space for the luggage at all. Horrible smell and sensation that they don't clean anything. Very few toilets and showers, and in disgusting conditions. The staff wasn't very friendly, unless for une girl. NO ambient to meet people at all. I didn't liked the stay at all as this was my first time in London and on my own. Maybe it fits for someone just looking for a bed.

there was nice for me compared with prices. but the bed i used was inconvenient because i cannot stand my back sitting on the bed

• 19th Oct 2015

It was very nice and cosy...

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Greece

really really really bad smell. showers had no cold water so it was too hot. staff were nice. you get what you pay for.

They let us keep our luggage for free, which is nice. But it doesn't have security at all, everyone from the street can go there. There is no living room for guests, only the pub which is not very confortable. The wi-fi doesn´t work. At all. The room smells really bad. It's too crowded. Not enought plugs in the room. No space to leave our things secure in the room. The water from the shower is too hot and the cold doesn't work. No kitchen. Breakfast is ok.

Cheap and good location. The beds in the 9-bed dormitory were steady enough to not squeak. Although a good location also means noise from the traffic outside, which in a city like London can't really be avoid. What can be improved on the other hand is the wifi, which did not work, it went on and off like more frequent than a traffic light and you could barely log into it. The toilet doors had these rod locks without handles. The check-out is quite early, at 10:30.

It was OK. With a good ranking (near metro), clean and quiet hostel.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Romania

Nice helpful pleasant staff, good location lovely pub to pass some time. However it felt that the rooms were too confined for the persons they accommodated, I might have not been able to stay much longer. The facilities were clean though not proportionate in number to the persons staying. Still I would recommend the hostel for a very short visit in London but taking into consideration the above.

nice place to stay.

Nice place. Not many bathrooms, but the showers were fine and the staff was great. No kitchen always sucks and the wifi doesn't work which is a problem. It's the 21st century, get some working wifi. Nice to stay on a budget as London is so expensive. Would stay here again.

The staff was awesome! But there were chewing gums around my first bed (3 in total) and blood on the sheets of my second bed. Not nice :/

stayed here for a few nights due to moving house- so not a tourist. really laid back environment and friendly staff . the Hostel facilities arent anything special, but it's good value for money considering the area. particularly valued to open bar all night and the friendly staff. only complaint was the lack of plug sockets in the 24 bed dorm- only a few for 24 people.

• 8th Sep 2015

They really have problems to organise available beds. When I get there the staff send me to a bed that was already taken. After that they send me to another bed but later a guy came and told me that I should leave because this was his bed since that morning. Finally I decided to leave. Facilities were dirty, room was a mess and wifi doesnt work. I had to look for another place and did not receive the booking fee back. I do not know how hostelworld has place like this in its website.