PubLove @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

Liked it here - seems to be quite popular, and booking in advance is the way to make sure you get a spot, on popular nights of the week anyway. Like the no age limit of this hostel as well.

I just think that sandwuich & pizza is not enough for food to be selled. More option for food.

Beds don't have individual sockets. Come on, how I'm supposed to charge my phone? And the sockets that I've found are: far way of the beds and some times inaccessible... The showers are just ridiculous. 4 shower to 40 people? But the worse part is that almost every one of then is broken.

For the price we paid I think everything was great. The only flaw would be that there was no place to securily store our big suitcases, apart from one storege downstairs where everybody seemed to have access to. All in all, a great stay and very nice location.

This was definitely one of the better hostels that I have used in London and it is very conveniently placed for the City Centre. The breakfast is exceptionally handy and the staff are always helpful.

You get what you pay. Including very friendly stuff :)

Great price for what you get compared to many other London hostels I've stayed at. Breakfast was pretty ave but free so can't complain. Some of the showers were a bit mank.

Overals pretty average hostel and what you'd expect - good value for money. Although very surprised that there was no kitchen - that for me is a standard hostel requirement which is the difference between a hostel and a hotel so glad we weren't staying longer.

• 11th Dec 2013

I don't know if all hostels in London are like this, but this was the lousiest one I've ever seen. The 9 people mixed dorms had 3-storey beds and the bed above my one was so low, that I wasnt able to sit on bed. There were also no chairs for sitting down. There was only one power socket for charging. In 3rd floor shower, the water was boiling hot. There were no towels for rent, they just sell them. The breakfast was really simple. No place for luggage in the room, they had to be kept in cellar.

Noisy bar downstairs but you should know that if you read the location description. The staff at 7:30 am was friendly. It's peaceful first thing! Nice coffee tea etc. LOTS of stairs and they are very narrow. The bathrooms very small. One at the mirror at a time. I had a room with a group of young Aussies and there didn't seem like a lot of room for bags. Only one electrical outlet in the sleeping room. The staff didn't know if there was a drug store nearby: it was 2 minute walk away!

Good location in terms of easy access to public transport, very noisy at night so dont expect to get any sleep as located on a busy main road with lots of sirens. No common area so you find yourself just sitting in the pub downstairs. Breakfast average as are most hostels. Bathrooms very small but are clean. Rooms cramped and nowhere to out your bags in your rooms. I have stayed in many hostels in London and there are better ones than this for the price .

I've found the hostel i want to stay every time I'm in London. The staff is great, super friendly. The hostel is right next to a tube station and a Barclays Bicycle station. The lobby is the bar or the bar is the lobby, I haven't figured that one out yet.

This is a nice little hostel in a great location. It's above a bar, but you can't hear any noise from the rooms. The staff are very friendly. The only tiny complaint I have is that the plug sockets are not accessible from most beds, but apart from that I really liked this place and would go back again, definitely.

Above-par hostel, rather clean, secure and in a convenient location. The excellent pub on the ground floor has great food and a nice vibe. Dorms are a bit cramped, but that's the rule in hostels.

• 23rd Nov 2013

I just love your hostel.

Very nice hostel, the ubication is perfect and the staff is really nice, also they have breakfast for free from 7 to 9 am, although i think they should keep it until 10 am. The bar is really great and they have live music on Thursdays. The bathrooms are kind of small when you're trying to dress up, but there's a really big bathroom in the second floor. I really enjoyed my stay there

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

staff were nice, room and bed was good but couldnt bring food and no hot water was weird for a hostel. others were fine.

Good stay there, where I found what I was looking for. Well situated, well organised, good staff. No particular disappointment. I just imagined more people staying in the bar on the ground floor, but maybe it was due to the period (mid-November). Thank you for this short but appreciated stay!

• 16th Nov 2013

No hostel atmosphere nor commom area. There're just rooms over a pub/burguer place. The pub it self looks nice and the burguer are delicious, but... Bottom bed is on floor level, lockers boxes available in the rooms only work with their own lockers, showers are bad, breakfast is served at the pub, there are awful narrowed stairs to climb to the rooms. You have to memorize two big door codes to get to the hostel "area" and to you dorm. One member of the staff is kind of rude. The others are nice.

Always great to stay at Green Man, I always recommend it to friends, Do not expect hotel services though, as it is a hostel on the top of a pub, so it's perfect if your aim is to have a comfortable night of sleep and breakfast, but spend the day out.