PubLove @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

I just love your hostel.

Very nice hostel, the ubication is perfect and the staff is really nice, also they have breakfast for free from 7 to 9 am, although i think they should keep it until 10 am. The bar is really great and they have live music on Thursdays. The bathrooms are kind of small when you're trying to dress up, but there's a really big bathroom in the second floor. I really enjoyed my stay there

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

staff were nice, room and bed was good but couldnt bring food and no hot water was weird for a hostel. others were fine.

Good stay there, where I found what I was looking for. Well situated, well organised, good staff. No particular disappointment. I just imagined more people staying in the bar on the ground floor, but maybe it was due to the period (mid-November). Thank you for this short but appreciated stay!

• 16th Nov 2013

No hostel atmosphere nor commom area. There're just rooms over a pub/burguer place. The pub it self looks nice and the burguer are delicious, but... Bottom bed is on floor level, lockers boxes available in the rooms only work with their own lockers, showers are bad, breakfast is served at the pub, there are awful narrowed stairs to climb to the rooms. You have to memorize two big door codes to get to the hostel "area" and to you dorm. One member of the staff is kind of rude. The others are nice.

Always great to stay at Green Man, I always recommend it to friends, Do not expect hotel services though, as it is a hostel on the top of a pub, so it's perfect if your aim is to have a comfortable night of sleep and breakfast, but spend the day out.

I really hate my stay in this hostel and it was the worse I've ever been. The wi-fi didn't work well; there is a pub/bar on the ground floor playing loud music until late; there isn't a kitchen or any place to eat or drink something (they hope you eat or drink just at their bar); the 9 people room is terrible: small, smelly and the beds aren't secure; the toilets and shower was dirty all the times I used them. I would never stay in there again and I won't recommend it to anyone.

Comfiest beds I slept in my entire trip. Cheapest hostel for London and although it is cramped and the bathrooms are below average it is good value for money.

The bathrooms are super small and very very very dirty. No one cleaned them for 3 days while i was there. I suggest the hostel sets some rules like 'clean the sink after you use it' because there was a lot of hair in the sinks.

Very good hostel to stay in London! Zone 1, well organized and receptive. The pub downstairs is a plus!

Shame there was no kitchen or common room because all in all it is a very good hostel! Stayed in a 9 bed room for three nights. Room was small (3 x triple bunk beds) so this is a negative point. You cannot choose the bed you're allocated so if it's a top one, it's quite high. Free luggage storage. Good Wifi. Good showers (pressure could be a bit higher to make them even better) and toilets.

This place is a fantastic bargain. The bar/hostel staff are all very friendly and exude individuality. The dorms are quite clean, and very spacious...I'm talking room for 5 friends to do yoga side-by-side! The toilets are few, a bit overused, and at awkward angles for entering and closing the door. The bunks are triples and very squeaky, as are the lovely wooden floorboards. Not a good place if you have trouble sleeping with noise and light. Cheap and cheerful seal of approval!

It is very close to a subway station. The breakfast is very good and the bathrooms are allways clean.

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Dorm room was comfy and spacious enough. Very close to the metro. Overall, i enjoyed my stay!

It's quiet good hostel,specially for London,where every corner is expensive!Good point at hostel is 24hr reception,I arrived at 2am and I be able to check in easy,staff was very kind and helpful at the night and day time when serving espresso at bar,that's was nice!Hostel is very secure,providing personal code for entrance door and room door.Location is great,specially if you arrive from Luton or Stansted airport by EasyBus shuttle,which stops at Baker Street,10 min walk from hostel.

Everything is perfect.

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • China

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hostel and the friendliness of the bartenders. It's definitely not spacious or luxurious, but a clean and safe bed, which is all you need from a hostel. My only complaints are that the breakfast was a bit weak, and the Wifi didn't reach upstairs. Overall though, a decent stay.

I stayed in the 6 bedroom female dorm which was so cramped that we did not have space to open our luggage. We also had problems bringing our luggages up and down the many stairs. The combination lock in the door was also a hassle as the toilets, sinks and bathrooms were outside the room. However, the dorms gave us an excellent chance to get to know new people :)

Great place. I would.hire new cleaning people due to a theft during a bed cleaning.

Good location and value, but cleanliness can be better. The 9 person room I stayed in is very cramped, barely enough space for luggage on floor.

• 16th Sep 2013