PubLove @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

No kitchen! Most members of staff are OK but a couple of them are not very kind, to say the least. Not allowed to eat/drink in anything apart from the unhealthy pub food & beverages. Personally I consider all other flaws acceptable given the low price.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Greece

A typical hostel with real nice staff and visitors from all nations. We stayed in a 9-bed mixed dorm which was quite small but okay. Sadly there was not even one mirror in the room which would have been more convenient. There's no common room but you can go downstairs to the atmospheric pub where you don't have to consume anything or you can drink super tasty cocktails! I really enjoyed my stay there and the location is good, not far from Oxford St. and the sights in Westminster.

Thishostel is a very good bargain, though the rooms are rather cramped. The place is clean and right next to the tube station. Good breakfast, no kitchen.

We stayed here last year and really enjoyed it so we decided to book it again this year, but we were really disappointed this time. They changed it so you cant bring food into the bar anymore because they sell burgers now, but theyre expensive and they dont tell you that you can get them at anytime not just 12-3 like its advertised. It also wasn't near as clean as before. Super disappointing compared to last time.

Was very good

• 7th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

20 persons in the dorm. No common room, so everyone ends up sitting on the floor. Ridiculously tiny lockers. Right on a very noisy crossroads. If you get back in the middle of the night, the staff of the pub does not understand you are part of the hostel and trys to explain you through the windows that the pub is closed. The internet requires that you go through a complicated login procedure every time you restart your computer. The neighborhood sucks. The location is not too bad.

Great place!! I totally recommend!!!

Very very noisy due to massive main roads right outside the dorms. Dirty showers and inadequate and very cramped toilets. Stupid charge levied for leaving your bags for more than a few hours after check out. Hardly any plugs in bedrooms to charge phones and computers.

could have slightly bigger size of bath room, cause I can't even turn my body in the bath room

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Malaysia

Don't expect anything great,but this is a good,clean hostel. What else would you need for a night or two in London? :) The staff were very helpful and friendly,also I was surprised how clean the hostel was. I'd definitely recomment this hostel! :)

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Hungary

no elevator the room is so small

When I stayed the hostel, someone stolen my slippers. but I like this hostel.

• 28th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

An average hostel , not bed , but the room is a bit too small

Is the worst hostel ever. I don't recomended at all. =

Pros: - Friendly staff - Cleaning all the time - Half price drink - Free wifi Cons - Public common area (the pub) - Beds could be better

Not bad. For price pretty much what I had expected. Toilets could be cleaner. Girl in our room had her wallet stolen but she did leave it in room a risk. Breakfast basic but nice extra. Very hot inside and not enough power points in room so charge phones or cameras.

When I looked it up in the website to book, it seemed very nice and there were great reviews. But I was a little disappointed when I got there. One girl from the reception desk seemed to not care enough to explain me everything, and she had a very strong irish accent, which made it hard to understand. Also... Only few bathrooms, very small. The place wasnt as clean as Id like... but thats what you get for that money in London. The pub downstairs is nice, and breakfast was good.

It's ok to stay but there's no common rooms where you can stay and relax. You can only go down in the pub which is ok but not the same thing. There's also no kitchen at all, so no place qhere to do even a cup of tea or coffee. The cards to open the doors get demagnetized very often. The good things are that is a clean hostel and breakfast is nice, which are good things; there's a also a good space where to store the luggage if you need a place where to leave it for some hours.

Very nice hostel ! Forget bad reviews seen previously ! I wasn't sure about this hostel before going there, because of those bad reviews, but I had a great time ! Nice pub downstairs . This is a 3 bed-bunk level, so if you're afraid of high, you should say it when check-in ! Breakfast included which is nice. They got problem with key card , but they fixed it very quickly ! Staff is great, very friendly ! Location awesome, zone 1 with the tube !

Remember your passport/ drivers lisence or they dont let you check end!!!! end3ed up bunking in- cheers for the free stay green man!