PubLove @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

I like the hostel, the staff, the pub, and it's in a really good location. I would go again. But I actually needed a lift, or some help for the luggage to let them into the room. The stair are high, no very wide, and it's really difficult go upstairs with everything. The same problem is with the stairs to down to the luggage security room. The breakfast is ok, milk, coffe or tea with toast with butter and jam. Maybe one thing to change about the breakfast is that there are not hot milk.

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Spain

The location was great, very central and near the tube station. The pub was a nice place to spend down time over a beer. Admittedly, it is a little awkward that there is no other common area, but at quieter times, it is more than acceptable. Beds and bathrooms met my basic requirements, but the rooms are a bit cramped with triple bunks and a minimum of open floor space. The key cards quit working a few times, and the in-room lockers are purse size, but it was a cheap place to sleep.

Fairly basic hostel, but the value for money due to the low cost Vs. the location is off the charts. Pros: Location, location, location! 1/2 price drinks voucher on arrival was a very nice touch as is the free wi-fi. Cons: Rooms were clean, but a bit dingy. Showers were tiny with fixed shower heads and low water pressure. Overall, I'd have no hesitation in recommending this hostel- as long as you know what you're in for ;o)

It was too cramped and the rooms were too small for 9 people and their luggage! They should mention that you need to bring your own padlock for the lockers! There are no facilities to eat or prepare food or simply just relax! They need more plugs in the rooms!

This place is awful. -tiny, dirty, smelled terrible -No kitchen and no common room, -Key card stopped working all the time -Not enough lockers or space in the room This was the worst hostel I've stayed in. You get what you pay for but this place felt like they didn't really care about guests/quality of stay. The slogan (sleep it off) says it all. If you're desperate for a place to crash for a few hours after the bar this could work. If you want to enjoy your stay, go elsewhere.

While the staff and location for the hostel are great, it's location over a pub makes for some strange rules: there is no kitchen facility or refrigerator, which is not that unusual in itself, but the staff do not allow outside food to be eaten in the dormitories which is not made clear in the description of the hostel. Also, they do not accommodate for certain medical necessities, not allowing my friend to keep her blood insulin for her diabetes in the hostel fridge. decent experience

Breakfast poor... Bar on ground floor... Excellent.

The staff and the pub downstairs are really nice, giving the place a nice atmosphere. However, the facilities have some minors flaws, like the size of the bathrooms - too small.

Booked myself in and didn't stay for the night! Not very nice place to stay!

Very bad hostel and staff

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Spain

Stayed here for three nights with a friend during July. Great location, about 10 minute from marble arch. Place was great, always kept clean, and most of the staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. Even though it's on a pretty busy street and we had the window open for air it was plenty quiet enough to get a good nights rest. There was never much of a line for the shower in the morning. The pub downstairs had a burger deal on as well which was excellent for nights with no planned dinners.

Staff was not well prepared to inform us on basic stuff such as best transportation methods to get to the free tour, how to get to the airport or even places to eat around the hostel. Basically the common area is a pub downstairs with very limited space. As far as I know, we didn't get any discount on said pub. Lockers were small and they had no padlocks for rental, only for sale and for a huge price. They also had no wall plug adpaters for rental, just for sale and super overpriced.

The wifi in my bedroom was not good, sometimes works sometimes not....there was only one plug in my bedroom. The bedroom is really hot....the staff is good.

The Green Man is a great value considering the price and location. The only issue us that at night with the windows open it can be near impossible to sleep. Directly across the street is a police station and hospital so sirens blare non stop. I recommend some zzzQuil, a couple pints, and ear plugs if you want to sleep.

I thought that the hostel was quite nice for the price I paid. I appreciated the availability of a female only dorm room. One thing I wish I had been aware of ahead of time was the small size of the room. I was very grateful to the staff for allowing me to keep my luggage in the storage room for a few hours after checking out. Overall, I had a good experience here and believe this was the best place in London I could have asked to stay. I wasn't crazy about the price, but it was good for London.

Easy enough to get to and jump on the tube. Lively and cozy.

Somebody stole stuff from us. We cannot be sure it's the cleaning guy but that's what the girls in the room told us. Who lied ?

• 20th Jul 2013

Just an average hostel. Wasn't ridiculously horrible but nothing amazing either. There is no common room which is kinda awkward because the only place to hangout besides your room is the bar which is open to the public. I thought it was a cool idea at first but then got kinda awkward when you have no where to go to just hangout and relax where you're staying. The beds are triple bunks. Not as bad as I was expecting though. Overall average hostel.

My biggest complaint is that this place is HOT. Everywhere. The bar downstairs is steaming. The rooms upstairs are even hotter. Please invest is some fans or something because it was unbearable. The beds, bathrooms, etc were all pretty decent, but the heat ruined a lot of it. In terms of location, it's a very short walk to the metro. It's also about a mile's walk from Abbey Road, which is cool!

Nice place, clean showers (a bit small unfortunately), nice pub downstairs. Metro station is really close and it's well connected to the city centre. The only negative point was that for me the wifi did unfortunately not work - this was an account problem rather than the hostels fault because other guests I talked to had no troubles.