PubLove @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

it's cheap and nice, a little noisy during the night because it's right next to the street. Shower is really small, but clean anyway. I enjoyed my stay there.

had a great time while we stayed at the hostel. i would have like to been allowed to bring or own drinks at least

I booked for three nights via hostelworld and after my second night I was told I had to check out by a cleaner while still in bed. I went down and questioned why I was being told to check out.. They didnt give me much a of a reason besides I was being moved room? They made me completely check out and wait till 2pm to check back In. I found that to be utterly ridiculous!!! I booked and paid for a room for three nights. Besides that showers were decent, bathrooms clean and rooms ok.

This was a place to sleep with a bar. There never was much to encourage socialization between other travelers. The staff were decent but at times it felt like they were disinterested in traverse and more of local patrons of the bar. The beds were terrible. At best stay because you need a place to sleep.

We had a great stay at the Green Man. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The pub proposes excellent live music sessions and has a very pleasant international atmosphere. its location is ideal for whatever you want to do in london, plentuy of restaurants close by, a bike station almost right in front of the pub if you're interested in visiting london this way. I highly recommend it. next time I'm in london, I won't lose my time searching for another place.

• 6th Jun 2013

I stayed 5 nights in a 9-bed room here. The staffs were really helpful and the people I met were all nice. The location was really nice, very close to the Edgware road station (1min Bakerloo line, 3mins District/Circle). I especially like the luggage storage, the security was excellent. Also, they use sensors everywhere so you don't need to look for the light switch. The pizza in the pub was pretty good too

• 5th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

good atmosphere, good location and nice people even if one of our towels were stolen

• 4th Jun 2013

Nice place. Downside being you are not allowed to drink alcohol that wasn't purchased at the bar and the lockers are just small ones to put valuables in.

Nice and quiet. Beds are comfy and clean. Bathrooms are clean but all the showers except for one on the second floor are tiny . Would stay again.

For England you think the only front desk person would speak the native tongue.

This is basically just a few very crowded dorms above a pub. There is no common room, no kitchen or anything other than the dorms. Staff very nice and friendly. Showers and toilets were clean. Security was average. While door security worked well, lockers were tiny and not enough in the dorm (6 small lockers for 9 people - bad). Unfortunately London is probably the worst destination in terms of hostel standards - expensive; limited facilities with little alternative.

There is a great pub downstairs that is open to the public. Also the bathroom facilities are one toilet and shower for the whole mixed floor.

First off I'll start by saying the manager was extremely rude in every single manner and this went on the whole time I was staying there, he also forever tried to convince me to buy drinks.when I had already declinde numerous times, he makes you feel like you cant sit in the bar and not drink (There is no common area) The Hostel itself was very clean and safe but very stupid rules as in NO OTSIDE FOOD AT ALL. fair enough no alcohol but you couldnt even bring a sandwhich in. RIDICULOUS.

The good: the hostel has an awesome location. It's 3-4 tube stops away from the major stuff, and there's a tube station literally next door (closed for construction during my stay, but there's another tube stop a 3 minute walk away). The price, too, was decent. However: this hostel does not allow external food at all. Not upstairs, not in the bar downstairs. And the bar only serves pizza at a whopping £8. If you're planning any extended stay and get tired of pizza, look elsewhere.

The rooms are very tiny, there is hardly enough room to put your bad anywhere on the floor. The entire hostel just felt dirty and disorganized. Good price, but you get what you pay for.

The staff were very friendly and it was excellent that I could leave my bags in the storage room on both the day of my stay and the next day. The hostel is in a great location and the prices are great Negatives 1. It is awkward to get into the bathrooms due to the way the doors were hinged. It would be better if the door were hinged on the other side to allow easier access. 2. I asked to buy a lock but there were none available. The storage room was left open all morning and is not so safe.

• 30th May 2013
  • Scotland

The hostel loction is really good, one underground station is next door, another just around the corner. The hostel is connected to a great pub, lots of good times to expect there. The staff is really helpful but needed to be as my key card stopped working 3 times during my 2 night stay. Rooms are really clean but small. Security lockers are only big enough for small items. It's a recomendation from tme though!

I was ignored for a long time while waiting to check in. The service was terrible. I felt that the place was dirty and I left the next night.

need a self-serve kitchen!

Great place to stay. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• 18th May 2013