PubLove @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

For last minute in London on a Friday it was really cheap; you get what you pay for: eight 3-bed bunks in the room. Security is not ideal: the lockers in the room didn't work - the few I tried just popped open with a little effort, even when a lock was in them. The system for luggage was an unlocked basement with some shelves that anyone could access on their own at any time without having to ask or show ID. Would have been so easy to walk out with someone else's backpack, bike, shoes, etc.

The room was really dirty. There is no box to lock our staffs. There isn't enough plug for everybody to charge our phones. We have to pay for the dryer! The shower is too hot! Fortunately the staff was really friendly really nice which saved our stay at this hostel!

• 19th Aug 2015

J'étais dans un dortoir de 6 personnes dans une mini-chambre où les 6 lits étaient littéralement empilés et collés (3 et 3). La propreté de la chambre laissait fortement à désirer mais la literie n'était pas trop mauvaise. Une seule douche et un WC à notre étage qui comme la chambre laissait à désirer. Une connexion wifi quasi inexistante (déconnexion au bout de 5 à 10 secondes), le personnel n'a d'ailleurs rien fait pour améliorer. Petit dèj compris ok (pain de mie/confiture/beurre)

I decent location next to Edgware road station and not a bad bar for drinking in before a night out. Door to the actual hostel was often unlocked however and very easy for people off the street to enter.

Convenient stay in a prime part of London. The staff are really accommodating, facilities are all there and there is a really chilled environment. The burgers and beers are also amazing! And breakfast was a lifesaver!

• 6th Aug 2015

We had an amazing stay. The staff were exceptionally good, particularly Melissa, who was extremely friendly and helpful.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Free lockers!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Greece

I didnt stay at the hostel long enough to give an accurate review. I had a pretty bad nights sleep in a very cramped and noisy room. The location however was excellent - close to the tube and centre of the city and easy to find.

C'est une auberge avec une bonne ambiance, les membres du personnel sont charmants et n'hésite pas a nous aider, expliquer ou même accompagner en cas de besoin (ex: un serveur est sorti avec nous pour nous montrer le bureau de change le plus proche).

• 21st Jul 2015

wifi△しょっちゅう途切れます。3段ベッド×7台の24ベッド ドミトリー利用です。部屋が非常に窮屈で薄暗く電源さえ人数分無くて、皆廊下やバスルームに電源を求めて取り合いでした。フリースペースも階段下のデッドスペースに椅子が2つあるだけなので、食事を節約したい人は廊下の床や近所の公園でスーパーで買ったものを食べているのを見かけました。朝食はトーストとジャム バター シリアル ジュース コーヒー 紅茶で、早めに行かないと無くなってしまいます。他のホステルと比べてこの内容でこの値段は高すぎると思いました。×Narrow room ×there is not a relaxing place ×Breakfast is sweet only

El personal es muy amable y están siempre dispuestos a ayudarte cuando uno tiene dudas. La limpieza del lugar está OK, o sea podría estar mejor. Lo único malo era el wifi... era realmente malísimo, para no decir que realmente no hay cobertura de internet del hostel, ya que tuve que comprar una bolsa de una compañía. Para ser Londres la relación precio calidad está OK. Sin duda el desayuno que ofrecen esta buenísimo. La ubicación está perfecta.

This hostel provided no common area or kitchen and only the bar below it as a hang out place. The lockers were also really small, only big enough for a purse. The wifi barely worked anywhere in the hostel or the bar. The beds were horribly uncomfortable, but the people working there were nice.

La internet no era buena

Thumping music downstairs at all hours of the night, staff was loud and disruptive in the middle of the night, check in desk is impossible to find (it's at the end of the bar in the pub downstairs), tons of old men stay here and get drunk and obnoxious. Spend the extra $5 and get a smaller room.

Worst hostel Ive had in europe.The beds are uncomfortable and some of the 3rd level bunks don't have guard rails on both sides. There are signs saying that the hostel sells towels and adaptors, yet none of the staff knew anything about this (and weren't much help with anything else either). The wifi was atrocious - this may seem like a stupid thing to complain about, but when you're travelling and need to plan things, wifi is really important. The bar is also really expensive (with discount).

I really enjoyed my stay at the green man and I thought the location and value for money was excellent. Cheers to you guys. It would be nice though to have a bed with slightly fewer springs wrecking my back.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

We were staying in the big room with 24 beds. It was alright but we knew what we were getting in to. All in all the place was clean, staff was friendly, and the location is literally steps away from a tube station.

Should be renamed "Bed Lottery @ The Incompetence Inn". We stayed 4 nights; on the first they assigned guests who checked in late to our beds, luckily we were in them. On the third night we came back late after a few drinks to find that one of our beds had been taken, reception told us to use the bed of another guest who had not returned. In the morning they lied to us, saying the person in our bed had just got in the wrong bed (we talked to him, he hadn't).

The burgers are fantastic in the pub. The only places to hang out are in the pub itself or in your room. I stayed in room 1 and it was very hot as there was no breeze coming through the window. It was also really hard to fall asleep as there is some kind of industrial fan outside the window. The breakfast choices are cereal or toast which is enough to get you going in the morning. It's right next to 2 underground stations. The staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly.

Hostel was really disorganized. I got sent upstairs three times to the wrong room and wrong bed until they finally figured out where I was going to sleep and took me to a free bed. Then I was given the wrong card so I got locked out of my room during the night when I went to use the toilet. Rather than just give me the code to the room so I could return to sleep I was asked heaps of questions including if I was actually staying at the hostel. Disappointing. I found a new place for the next day

« first « Prev 1 2 3