PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

We arrived tired and 4 numbers of beds and passwords were offered. Unfortunately we err on the number of bed. Then at 2 o'clock in the morning came an official, turned on the light and woke everyone requesting him to change the bed. He said he had but three free beds. tomorrow would solve. when I tried to explain the buzz from reception, asking simply swapped the number of bed on the computer, she said to go up then and we changed the wrong bed at the right number. Portuguese receptionist is ver

• 16th Nov 2014

Staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, the rooms were a good size, clean, with no noise from the busy roads outside. The only issue I have is that my bed was directly next to the radiator (which was turned on due to it being a cold night!) so I was a little uncomfortable in bed at first, but eventually it went off and I slept fine. The bar downstairs is very reasonably priced, breakfast was nice, and the location is very convinient.

• 10th Nov 2014

That was a great place to visit! Walking distance from the most common sightseeings, I rarely used transport.. What I loved most of all is the Staff!) all of them were sooo friendly and U feel like home from the 1st minute. Sometimes I even didn't want to go out.People are so helpful, they answered each question with a smile,pay attention to every guest, amasing. Most of all I'd like to say many thanx to Daniel!!! Ask him for any help and U'll be happy)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Great hostel! Staff are all super friendly and helpful. The pub on the main floor serves pizza and pub grub as well as reasonably priced beers. Rooms are clean. One of the bathrooms was always flooded, but the other one was fine.

Aside from the fact that the coffee was instant, they came through well with the provided breakfast. The staff were awesome, and the pub has an old and very authentic atmosphere. The bathroom situation could use some work and the rooms could use more plugs, but overall it was a good experience.

• 30th Oct 2014

It was great but the room smelt absolutely terrible. Like unwashed reproductive organs. It was hard to sleep because of the smell. It wasn't because of the hostel itself, rather the other occupants of the room.

• 30th Oct 2014

Pizza is great!

Nice and easy, but the bathrooms where not that clean

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Our stay has been pretty comfortable, thanks to the staffs, we could enjoyed all the time a nice atmosphere at the property. The only thing that didn't pleased us was the bathroom cleanness because it was dirty and wet all the time. Even so, we've been enjoying there with staffs and others customers. They were nice. Thanks a lot. We will go back there at the next travel for an excellent stay.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Spain

A good backpacker hostel. Room of 12 very little to fit all the backpackers' luggage but it's fine. Not a lot of toilets and showers but at the end it's ok. It's just about organisation. Warm athmosphere in the little pub situated on the ground floor.

No kitchen means depending on eating out or premade food, but they have a very decent breakfast and offer a 10% discount on the pub's food. The price is not too low, but not too high either, and the pub's location and atmosphere are just great. Spent just one night there on my way to bath, definitely would come back!

• 2nd Oct 2014

Area around the hostel wasn't bad. A few shops right around the corner of the hostel. Tube was within walking distance which contacted to the rest of the city. Staff were friendly and helpful. The hostel was located above a pub. Everything inside felt a little dated but overall still felt clean. Showers could have been a little better as it was leaking water all over the floors and the shower curtains were a little moldy. Overall still had a great nights sleep.

Toilets were terrible

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

very nice staff, nice bar on the gorund floor, just the room a bit crowded

I had a great time on my visit. There was always someone on staff as it was a 24 hour hostel, which was very helpful. All doors had a key pad lock and the codes change to keep it safe. The beds were comfy and there was enough room to move around in the aisle. The place was clean and the location was absolutely excellent.

Good location next to Lambeth North, helpful staff. Felt safe traveling alone to the hostel

• 18th Jul 2014

Way too hot in the rooms, woke up sweating like I came out of a basketball game. Very good other than that.

• 18th Jul 2014

Great location, couple of minutes to walk to the station and everything is within a ten minute underground ride.Most staff were nice, helpful, one even lent me his personal mobile to make a couple of phone calls for a doctor's appointment. Don't go for the breakfast, bar downstairs or the social area is also available to the public. Rooms were super tiny, very squashed. I'm short and I couldn't even get into my bed, I literally had to roll on and off! So avoid staying in the room!