7.6
Very Good 2,113 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 2,113 Total Reviews
PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Located at 41-42 Cosser St, , London.
England
London SE1 7BU 41-42 Cosser St
76% 2113
51.4969616 -0.1126527
    Rooms available

12th Jan 2017

Very nice place, great staff. The wifi was not good, unstable signal.

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th Dec 2016
8.0

The staff are cool but the overall place as a hostel isn't the greatest. Rooms are small. Bathroom was dirty and shower was filled with hair making it so nasty. It's great for a pub but as a hostel I wasn't to happy.

19th Dec 2016
5.1

The rooms are quite small and the lockers are only big enough to put the essentials in. We stayed in a 12bed mixed room and it was quite humid and hot. There are only two showers and two toilets for the entire place. Often the paper towel would run out or get stuck and it would be a long time before it was replaced/fixed. The showers didn't seem as though they were cleaned that often so every time I did shower I poured soap over the bottom. If it was cheaper I wouldn't have minded these problems

10th Dec 2016
5.1

Wi fi hard to conect and slow! Staff very cold, I had been stuck outside 4 am knock on the door about 40 minutes. I arrive for breakfast one minute later they finish and there was nothing there I just wanted a glass of juice and I think they could offer me. Just the guy who check me in was nice and friendly! In the morning some girls start to pack they things about 5 am and I couldn't sleep anymore, the room was very small.

6th Dec 2016
6.9

The bunk beds were stacked 3 on top of each other so if you were in the middle or on the bottom you couldn't sit up in bed without hitting your head. Also during my stay there was construction going on and the power was out for awhile so I had to get ready in the dark. The food at the pub was good though and you get a discount. It's an alright place but you can stay somewhere better in London for less

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Dec 2016
5.7

The place was ok, that's about it. Nothing special. It's a 3 bunk bed, so it feels kinda like a pack them high sell it cheap operation. Being on the bottom bunk meant you were a few centimetres away from the ground. This didn't feel particularly amazing. Honestly, go elsewhere this is disappointing.

Hi, sorry you were left disappointed with our hostel. We are a backpackers hostel with bunk beds and dorm rooms, of which information and pictures are available when making a booking, so this shouldn't have come as a surprise. Still we hope you had a great time in London and wish you all the best in your future travels. The Steam Engine

• Lithuania, Male, 31-40
3rd Dec 2016

Location Location Location, breakfast is very early, though perfect for those who want to hit the road early. No lounge area or rest place, as the facility is shared with the bar downstairs, there is a nice beer garden, but not a solution during the winter cold days. The hostel applies discounts for residents on meals with exclusive 24/7 service. With right mind, it can be the right place.

28th Nov 2016

This was my very first hostel experience and although I did not use the hostel very conventionally, it sure suited my needs. I traveled to London midweek and stayed for 4 nights the room only had a couple others in it when I checked in. The bag drop was a nice convenience before I checked in and after I checked out as a safe place to keep my things while out and about. I loved the atmosphere with the fireplace area by the bar and outdoor patio.

19th Nov 2016

The Hostel is located in perfect location. One can walk to all the sight seeing places from there. They provide free maps. The beds in the hostel are 3 levels. So if someone is moving, you can feel that in upper and lower. The shower and toilets are ok, clean and not always occupied. They provide breakfast as well. So for the budget travellers, I find this Hostel quite ok.

Cheers for your nice comments! :) Hope you enjoyed your stay in London and come visit us again soon! The Steam Engine

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Nov 2016
7.7

Good staff

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! :) Thank you for you review and hope to see you again in the future! The Steam Engine