PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

It was great! Staff, especially Jaan, Daniel and Julieta are amazing :))) I am going to miss them.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Lithuania

Your staff was wonderful! Especially Fabio! Would definitely come back.

• 18th Mar 2015

My highlights to this hostel goes to the staff and the pizza, which were both really great :) The hostel is also well located, so the value for money is pretty much reasonable. My only observations would be for the number of toilets, which I think that wasn't sufficient for the number of guests and their privacy. The room didn't have much circulation area, being a bit cramped sometimes for all the people inside. But in general I think it's a good option for a short stay in London.

Good place good location, nice free breakfast only stopped one night but was able to store luggage and go out.

• 11th Mar 2015

Me and my boyfriend went to London for four days and three nights. He has never been to London, so I chose the Hostel because it was on top of a pub,which turned out to be the best choice. Every night we were greeted by a huge selection of good beer, yummy bar food and very friendly people that made our stay as awesome as possible. The rooms are clean and have good beds. There are two showers and two toilets up in the hostel. Breakfast is good,too. We had a real great time and would come again.

Terrible mattress ! Really uncomfortable for sleeping!

Great place to stay in London!! Sunny and Dani were really nice and helpful :)

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Spain

perfect location near the tourist attractions and having the pub downstairs that will serve you drinks and pizza 24-7 is awesome! the staff was nice and friendly as well which made it a nice place to hang out.

Good stay, good recommendation from staff on beer, the chicken gougan was a good bite. Sturdy security and locks and lockers for items.

This hostel gets the job done. The triple bunk beds were an issue - I could feel the mattress springs, and it was precarious climbing into and out of my top bunk 7 feet above the floor. With three triple bunks in a small bedroom, we were crammed in like sardines. However, I still had an overall positive experience. There were enough small lockers for valuables, and the pub downstairs was nice for a late night snack or drink. I wasn't blown away by Steam Engine, but it worked well enough.

Great atmosphere, Sunny, Daniel, Agne and Julieta were great !!

Dan and Juliette were exceptionally helpful, and make great cocktails!

• 18th Jan 2015

The bottom bed is directly on the floor and a lot less space in room 2

• 17th Jan 2015

Is a totally dirty place. It do not have a kitchen for the travelers use. The rooms are totally awful. Do not have lockers for free and you have to buy a towel because they do not rent it. The lockers are too small. You are to buy even the adaptors. The staff is good specially Agne that always have a smile on her face.

Steam Engine was awesome. Everything was excellent. Nice people welcoming customers, nice room, confortable bed, warm room, excellent security. There was Suni, the girl from Spain who was very helpful at all time. I had a gret time at Steam Engine.

Excellent hostel, great friendly staff, close to tube, 24hours opening, free breakfast,would go back

This place was very dirty, to many people in one room, smelled in the rooms, bathrooms were gross, shower light kept turning off in middle of shower, hot water was on for like 1 minute then turned cold. Lockers are small, cannot fit a suitcase. Breakfast was average. Location was alright, 5 minute walk from tube. I think it's a bit overpriced for what you get, I wouldn't stay here again.

Wonderfull staff! Especially David and Julietta! The pub is nice. The rooms and the lockers are too small though, but the atmosphere compensates.

• 28th Dec 2014

Two things that made me love the hostel was the wonderfun staff and the atmosphere of the pub. The staff were always very nice and receptive, helpful and in a great mood! They were always smiling and giving you attention. I loved the atmosphere of the pub, and they have an amazing pizza and appetizers. Though, the rooms and bathrooms are small. As there are just two toilets, sometimes I had to wait "in the line" to use it.

The staff were really nice, I even won a free pizza on check-in. Nice, cozy bar area, clean rooms with lockers, wifi, good game selection, everything you'd need in a hostel really. I felt very secure and it is such a good location being so close to the station. Breakfast is included, and considering it's pretty cheap anyway I thought this was good.