7.5
Very Good 2,075 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 2,075 Total Reviews
PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Located at 41-42 Cosser St, , London.
England
London SE1 7BU 41-42 Cosser St
75% 2075
51.4969616 -0.1126527
    Rooms available

19th Nov 2016

The Hostel is located in perfect location. One can walk to all the sight seeing places from there. They provide free maps. The beds in the hostel are 3 levels. So if someone is moving, you can feel that in upper and lower. The shower and toilets are ok, clean and not always occupied. They provide breakfast as well. So for the budget travellers, I find this Hostel quite ok.

Cheers for your nice comments! :) Hope you enjoyed your stay in London and come visit us again soon! The Steam Engine

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Nov 2016
7.7

Good staff

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! :) Thank you for you review and hope to see you again in the future! The Steam Engine

• Canada, Male, 18-24
16th Nov 2016

I very much enjoyed my stay here. The staff were all incredibly friendly, and very helpful. For the price, the location was perfect. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to backpack in London.

• Brazil, Female, 31-40
12th Nov 2016
6.0

At 9 o'clock in the morning, the bathrooms were dirty and paperless. The internet was very bad. I was unable to access Google Maps.

Hi, thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed our staff and would like to apologize if you found the washrooms not up to standard! We have notified our housekeepers to perform more regular cleaning checks! Still, we hope your stay was a most pleasant one! Safe travels!

• frankdia
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
11th Nov 2016
2.0

It was the worst experience that I have been. It's a dirty, insecure and unfriendly place to stay. I reserved it for 3 nights. In my first night, after nightclub, I went back to the hostel to take a rest and I found that my bed was taken by other person. I went to talk with the receptionist (bartender) and the answer was "sorry, we needed a bed and we thought that u will no come back soon" OMG WTH Is that. I had to wait for 2 hours for the manager give me back my money. PLEASE DONT GO THERe😡😡

Hi, thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the issues with your bed, we had an overbooking due to a system error that night. I have talked to the staff involved and your bed was definitely not "given away because we thought you will not come back soon". Due to the overbooking on our system the same bed had been allocated to 2 people and we became aware of the issue after 6am when you came back to the hostel. We are extremely sorry about this, these kind of situations happen extremely rarely and in this particular case the situation was resolved in a best way possible in these circumstances for both guests and a full refund was given to you. Still we hope you enjoyed your stay in London. Kind Regards, The Steam Engine Team

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
31st Oct 2016

Great location and staff! I really enjoyed my stay there and would definitively come back! Highly recommend.

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review and looking forward to having you back! :)

14th Oct 2016
6.0

This hostel is not worth it. Yes, there is a pub attached which is cool. But the drinks and food are insanely overpriced. The rooms hold 12 people and are unbelievably small. The hostel in total holds 48 people and there are only 2 showers and 2 toilets. And one of the toilets was broken during my stay. Getting ready in the morning was a nightmare due to lack of space and the dirty conditions.

Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We are a backpackers hostel with dorm rooms of 9 and 12 people and anyone booking their stay with us should be aware of that (since you are booking a bed in a 12 bed dorm room). We have had problems with one of the bathrooms, but this has now been fixed. Glad you enjoyed the pub. Considering our central London location, the prices are very reasonable and all our guests receive a 10% discount on all food and drinks and a 25% discount on the brunch menu. Thank you for leaving us a review!

• vivian95288326
  • Taiwan, Female, 18-24
10th Oct 2016
7.7

Nice staff but it's a bit noisy in the room.

We are sorry to hear that inconsiderate roommates or noise from the pub made your stay a bit less enjoyable. We always try to monitor the noise levels and our guests sleep is number one priority. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and looking forward to having you back!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Oct 2016

Good location and rooms. The pub downstairs was an amazing feature of this hostel. It really enhanced my experience in London. Super friendly staff. If Daniel is working the bar, you'll be well taken care of. He's holding the whole place together!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have to agree, our staff is amazing and Daniel definitely a gem! :) Safe travels and see you soon!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
5th Oct 2016
8.0

All in all, I had a good time at this hostel. The bathrooms in the dorms leave a lot to be desired, in terms of amount of people using them and general tidiness, but if you're young and just there to crash at night while you're backpacking in London, I'd recommend this hostel. The location is outstanding and everyone was friendly.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are constantly working towards improvements and just this week we are getting brand new floors for our bathroom facilities. Thank you for your review and hopefully see you again soon!