PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

The staff was really nice, and the location was good. Even thought they didn't had a kitchen, the pub downstairs offer a good menu of food. Nice breakfast, simple rooms but nothing bad.

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Feel free to come and visit anytime you are around. Take care!

Room and location were great but the toliets and showers could be cleaner. The rooms security wasnt good the locks were difficlut to operate. However would still recomend great location and good value for money.

• 9th May 2015

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback! We are improving our cleanliness standards, we are sorry that you did not find the toilets clean enough. About the lockers - you just need a padlock to operate it, if you struggle you can always into the reception and we would be happy to help you out :) happy travels!

The Steam Engine was a lovely place to stay. I thought the room was a bit small. twelve beds means twelve suitcases, and they all need a place. It was a bit crowded at times, but we worked it out. The beds were fine and though there were only 2 showers and toilets for 4 rooms, it worked. there was never a line for the bathrooms, which I did expect.

Hi there, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay despite of the outlined drawbacks. It is true that when the room is fully booked it can seem a bit crowded at peak times, and we are glad you did not have problems with that. Plus, that just means more travel friends :) ! Take care and hopefully see you soon!

They basically shoved 12 people in a room big enough for maybe 4, there was absolutely no space for all our belongings, not enough lockers. And it was the only place I ever saw bunk beds three high. It was outrageously expensive for the fact that there was no spac at all.

The bathrooms were gross and there was water everywhere. The rooms only had plugs in one area which was inconvenient. The breakfast was good and pub was great! Beds were nice and clean but were three tiered and wobbly. The lockers were very small. Great location near the London Eye and near the tube station. The wifi was excellent! I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a review with us. We have improved our cleaning standards since your departure, and I am sure you would see the difference if you ever come back! We do have triple bunk beds and some people can find that a bit uncomfortable. We are sorry that some of our features did not meet your standards. We appreciate all positive and negative feedback as it helps us to improve. Take care!

I came with a friend, and bought of us thinking that spending two night in this pub was an excellent idea! We were greatfully host from all the staff, especially from Fabio one of the staff member, who really did care about our need, and was kind. The breakfast was delicious, and the room was good. But the best point of this pub was is location: so close of every best places of london. We didn't payed any public transports, everything was accessible .

• 15th Apr 2015

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It means a lot to us that you had such a great time. We like to ensure that all the guests have a good time, and we are glad you enjoyed your overall stay :) come to visit if you come back to London! Take care.

Expecting a nice hostel but this is not what we found. We saw the staff yell at guest for a mistake that the staff made. The rooms were incredibly cramped with no breathing space. Also the toilets were clogged 70% of the time and there was always a long line for the bathroom. Breakfast was good and the hostel was in a nice location.

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a review with us. We are really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The problem we had with the toilets during your stay was reported and fixed as required. We are sorry the rooms did not meet your standard and we are always welcoming feedback as it helps us progress so thank you for the review. Take care!

I stayed there 2 nights. The hostel itself is good (I liked the pub/hostel mix) however The bathrooms were really small, and not very clean, and I had to spend about an hour outside of my room to charge my phone as It seemed I was the only bed without a plug in the room. It's very close to the underground, and some attractions such as Big Ben or the London Eye. Nice staff

It was great! Staff, especially Jaan, Daniel and Julieta are amazing :))) I am going to miss them.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Lithuania

Hi! We really appreciate your nice words, please come to visit us sometime :)

Your staff was wonderful! Especially Fabio! Would definitely come back.

• 18th Mar 2015

Hi there, We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us :) We forward to seeing you soon!

My highlights to this hostel goes to the staff and the pizza, which were both really great :) The hostel is also well located, so the value for money is pretty much reasonable. My only observations would be for the number of toilets, which I think that wasn't sufficient for the number of guests and their privacy. The room didn't have much circulation area, being a bit cramped sometimes for all the people inside. But in general I think it's a good option for a short stay in London.

Good place good location, nice free breakfast only stopped one night but was able to store luggage and go out.

• 11th Mar 2015

Me and my boyfriend went to London for four days and three nights. He has never been to London, so I chose the Hostel because it was on top of a pub,which turned out to be the best choice. Every night we were greeted by a huge selection of good beer, yummy bar food and very friendly people that made our stay as awesome as possible. The rooms are clean and have good beds. There are two showers and two toilets up in the hostel. Breakfast is good,too. We had a real great time and would come again.

Hi there, Thanks for your review, it means a lot to us that you had such a great time with us! Take care and happy travels!

Terrible mattress ! Really uncomfortable for sleeping!

Hi, Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear that you stay was not great. We are currently in process to change all the mattresses and I can ensure you that if you decide to come back you will notice the difference :) Take care and hopefully see you soon!

Great place to stay in London!! Sunny and Dani were really nice and helpful :)

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Hi there, Thanks for your nice words! We are really happy that you enjoyed staying with us. Come to visit us next time you are in London :) Take care and happy travels

perfect location near the tourist attractions and having the pub downstairs that will serve you drinks and pizza 24-7 is awesome! the staff was nice and friendly as well which made it a nice place to hang out.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback, we are happy to have made your stay in London enjoyable. It was a pleasure to have you around. Take care and happy travels!

Good stay, good recommendation from staff on beer, the chicken gougan was a good bite. Sturdy security and locks and lockers for items.

Hi, Thanks for your nice words, we appreciate them! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Take care and hopefully see you soon.

This hostel gets the job done. The triple bunk beds were an issue - I could feel the mattress springs, and it was precarious climbing into and out of my top bunk 7 feet above the floor. With three triple bunks in a small bedroom, we were crammed in like sardines. However, I still had an overall positive experience. There were enough small lockers for valuables, and the pub downstairs was nice for a late night snack or drink. I wasn't blown away by Steam Engine, but it worked well enough.

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with use despite of the triple bunk beds - if coming again please feel free to request a lower bed and we will sort it out for you. Take care and happy travels!

Great atmosphere, Sunny, Daniel, Agne and Julieta were great !!

Hi there, Thanks for staying with us, it was a pleasure for to have you around :) Hope you are doing well and come back soon!

Dan and Juliette were exceptionally helpful, and make great cocktails!

• 18th Jan 2015

Hi there, Thanks for your kind words! We were really happy that you had a good time (and enjoyed our cocktails!), hopefully see you soon :) The Steam Engine Team