PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

Staff were great and room was clean. There was not enough room in the dorm for everyone's luggage, therefore it was difficult to get to the door without tripping over peoples bags. Also, 3 tiered bunks are not a great idea. Not enough room to get in and out of bunk without bashing head. Altogether good stay, I recommend this hostel.

I had a lovely stay as I just needed an bed for the night. I stayed in a room of 12 beds and the bed was good and confortable which I had a good night sleep mins the snoring from the guy above me but hey that's a hostel. The shower was OK, it was clean and had hot water but the shower head was abit broken has the water came out from the top. Other than that everything was awesome, very happy with the price and the location.

Had a great experience here! Staff are really helpful, food is AMAZING (10% off for hostel guests) and facilities were clean! Close to public transport and sights! I'd definitely stay again

the mattress springs bad to sleep, 2 toilet, for 48 people? 3 showers for 48 people, hard to get in to toilet door not enough room to get in toilet, if there is a fire how many will die?? no where to make a cup of tea or coffee, no hot water, or a microwave, nothing, lock on bed room door does not work, open all the time

• 30th Sep 2015

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. It came to our attention that the door just closed if it was pushed properly, we have dealt with this problem already. We appreciate all comments that help us to improve. Take care!

Great hostel!

Thanks! :) Take care and come visit when you are around

Only two toilettes for all rooms, one not working in a disgusting state. Bathrooms open, no privacy at all. Showers durty; water everywhere. Never again.

• 29th Sep 2015

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as you'd have expected. We do apologies about the toilet issue since we had a draining problem. We solved the problem as soon as we could but I understand that it caused inconvenience. Thanks for your review, take care!

Very good. Great location. Best value for money.

• 29th Sep 2015

Hi there, Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the stay with us! Happy travels

If you looking for a cheap place to stay in central London and you don't care about much else this is your place. I will say though that the beds were extremely uncomfortable (and I've slept in many hostels in my life so even on a hostel scale), the intent connection kept going out, and the bathrooms were dirty. On the other hand, the staff was pleasant and very helpful and if you just stayed in the pub below the atmosphere was fine.

• 27th Sep 2015

Excellent staff very hospitable they make you feel welcome.

Hi, Thanks for your review, it means a lot to us that you liked the atmosphere. Take care :)

This is a great location especially for the price

Bathrooms are digusting, breakfast isnt worthy of the name, just wobbly toast with marmalade. Good location for a city trip, but not for longer than two nights. Stuff is really friendly.

• 19th Sep 2015

I had a great stay, the staff were always lovely, greeting you into the bar and wishing you a goodbye every time. Felt personally known which made me feel secure. Couple of issues over breakfast and the bathrooms were sometimes a bit 'too used' and needed a check, but nothing more than you'd expect in a busy hostel. But for the price a top location!

• 18th Sep 2015

This hostel is in a great location near after loo, easily walkable to Westminster and other main attractions. However there are no kitchen facilities and I feel as though the floor must never have been mopped/swept as it was disgusting in the dorms. There is no common area for the hostel guests to hang out, only the pub so it was difficult to meet people. Overall good as a place to stay but not much more than that

It was cramped with way too many people, not enough facilities for the amount of people staying there. No room to keep your things anywhere. Loved the people at the hostel, so friendly and helpful! Hostel had a good vibe.

Had a great time at the steam engine ! Was quite disapointed not to have somewhere to hangout outside the rooms that was not in the pub but the pub had a great ambiance ! Would have liked a kitchen or to be able to bring my own food ( to save on some money) but the bar has affordable pizza and some snacks. Overall good experience !

Dear Guest, Thanks for your review, it was very nice to have you and your friends around, we are glad you overall enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to hear about your disappointment, hopefully the bar and atmosphere could make up for that. Take care and enjoy your travels

Good hostel. Didn't spend much time there as I only had 24 hrs in London on a long layover. Provided a free breakfast and coffee. Beds were weird in that the bunks were 3 levels. If you're visiting and staying here do the bike share for 2 pound a day. Cheap and an easy way to see the city.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write down a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Take care and happy travels

Great building and location. The living quarters were a bit cramped. Lockers were advertised, but the beds far outnumbered the lockers.

Hello! Thanks for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, for the future I would like to comment that there is plenty of spare lockers in the luggage room that you can use any time if the ones in the room are busy. Thanks for your review again and take care.

Nice hostel in a quiet area but still very central! The beds are very comfy and staff is friendly!

This was a nice hostel and in a relatively good location. There wasn't much going on at the hostel so this isn't the place to be if you're looking for people to talk to or go out with. We didn't have any problems during our stay so that was nice but it did seem a bit overpriced for how small the rooms are and the facilities it offered.

Hi there, Thanks for your review. I am sorry if we did not meet your expectations but thank you again as we appreciate both positive and negative feedback. Take care!

Bathrooms were almost unusable, no space to look bags, communication with staff was average.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Hi there, Thanks for your review. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your words since we take them into account to improve little by little. Take care!