PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

Staff members were polite and customer service oriented. Bar was frequented by locals and hostel members alike. The rooms were packed with beds, but that's to be expected for this price. Great location & value!

I thought the local bar clientele downstairs didn't care very much for the hostel guests but aside from that I thought it was a good place to crash and a good location. The triple bunks however are pretty tough to get into at night if you find yourself in the middle bed.

A good hostel. Located in a local area with less tourist. Near a metro and train like. The local bar is a plus, you get a change to see the culture and interact with the locals. The hostel pizzas are good. The bathroom areas are small for the amount of people per floor an aprx. Shower wait could take 10-15 minutes. I would return.

The staff was so friendly and extremely helpful. They helped me book a bed at the Fresh Victoria location last minute and saved me. If I travel to London I will certainly stay here again!

• 1st May 2013

My stay was really great especially considering I needed a place right away and found this spot with the days I needed on HW. It, like most hostels in London, is also a relaxed local pub where you can meet people traveling from all over the world. Nice and quiet neighborhood on a pretty tree lined street. There was also a lovely beer garden out back with murals on the walls. The prices during the week were very reasonable. Very clean. The beds are NOT squeaky! And a very nice welcoming staff.

• 1st May 2013

Great place with loads of character. If you prefer to be in London and not some tourist infested kind of international embassy this is your place. The staff is real cool and kind without any unreal airport hostess vibes. The bar welcomes everybody and is a real bar so open to mostly locals from south London as well as the hostel guests. The bridge to the centre is real close by if you do not have a (free) Oyster Card to pay 1.40 for the doubledeck army of buses who appear to drive on the wrong

Had a really great stay here :) everyone was very friendly and rooms were clean and tidy. bathroom was a little gross but that is my only complaint. great location too not far from tube

Great value for money in this area of London. Old pub style hostel.

I loved staying here! We had a really great time and met people from all over. London eye and Parliament buildings are easily walkable -great location!

• 24th Apr 2013

Cool place. Actually met people we could hang out with during the day here. Breakfast is bread. But probably the best hostel I've stayed in. Pretty close to London eye

• 24th Apr 2013

Great place centrally located to everywhere you would want to go with a team station right up the road. Place was clean in the rooms/bathrooms and had lockers for valuables. Great mixture of people coming and going through out my stay there. Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful.

All excelent! If I go to London again I will stay in this Hostel!

Very good place to stay. The staff were super helpful and friendly, and the hostel was close to everything. :-))

• 20th Apr 2013
  • Norway

Great place to stay at. Really close to the main sights. The bar downstairs is great if you just want to hang out. The pizza they have is amazing!

The staff was great - incredibly helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and it was very close to the heart of the city. Quick access to underground. Great pizza and the bar is open late.

It was a very good location, and i enjoyed the bar downstairs. However felt a bit uncomfortable as there was only an archway into the rooms with the shower and toilet cubicles, didn't make it very private.

they dont have a kitchen, u dont have enough plugs to charge phones and stuff in your room, a piece of wood from the bed felt in one of the girls sleeping under my bed. I had to get out of there early because of my plane and i couldnt even get a lil snack for the road because the breakfast was not at that time.

• 14th Apr 2013
  • Mexico

Very good staff helping you out at this hostel, below hostel is an old pub that you can have couple of beers or have your breakfast there. the only bad point about it that you can hear the noise of the pub at your room. But good budget place.

It's quite small, there were a total of 12 people in my room and at one point every bed was full. It is impossible to move around with everyone's suitcases. There are only 2 toilets, few plug-ins, and the bar downstairs is open 24 hours so you can hear the music all night long. Other than that it was nice, I was only there for a few days and it's a nice atmosphere to meet new people. There are security codes on all doors and visitors aren't allowed in rooms which is fantastic!

I thought it was a good mix of locals and travelers in the place. The staff was nonjudgmental and glad to meet as many requests as possible. Everyone was helpful and answered many questions I had about the area and what kind of stuff there was to do. I thought it was convenient to be very close to Waterloo station that was it was so easy to get around the city.