PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

Had a really great stay here :) everyone was very friendly and rooms were clean and tidy. bathroom was a little gross but that is my only complaint. great location too not far from tube

Great value for money in this area of London. Old pub style hostel.

I loved staying here! We had a really great time and met people from all over. London eye and Parliament buildings are easily walkable -great location!

• 24th Apr 2013

Cool place. Actually met people we could hang out with during the day here. Breakfast is bread. But probably the best hostel I've stayed in. Pretty close to London eye

• 24th Apr 2013

Great place centrally located to everywhere you would want to go with a team station right up the road. Place was clean in the rooms/bathrooms and had lockers for valuables. Great mixture of people coming and going through out my stay there. Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful.

All excelent! If I go to London again I will stay in this Hostel!

Very good place to stay. The staff were super helpful and friendly, and the hostel was close to everything. :-))

• 20th Apr 2013
  • Norway

Great place to stay at. Really close to the main sights. The bar downstairs is great if you just want to hang out. The pizza they have is amazing!

The staff was great - incredibly helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and it was very close to the heart of the city. Quick access to underground. Great pizza and the bar is open late.

It was a very good location, and i enjoyed the bar downstairs. However felt a bit uncomfortable as there was only an archway into the rooms with the shower and toilet cubicles, didn't make it very private.

they dont have a kitchen, u dont have enough plugs to charge phones and stuff in your room, a piece of wood from the bed felt in one of the girls sleeping under my bed. I had to get out of there early because of my plane and i couldnt even get a lil snack for the road because the breakfast was not at that time.

• 14th Apr 2013
  • Mexico

Very good staff helping you out at this hostel, below hostel is an old pub that you can have couple of beers or have your breakfast there. the only bad point about it that you can hear the noise of the pub at your room. But good budget place.

It's quite small, there were a total of 12 people in my room and at one point every bed was full. It is impossible to move around with everyone's suitcases. There are only 2 toilets, few plug-ins, and the bar downstairs is open 24 hours so you can hear the music all night long. Other than that it was nice, I was only there for a few days and it's a nice atmosphere to meet new people. There are security codes on all doors and visitors aren't allowed in rooms which is fantastic!

I thought it was a good mix of locals and travelers in the place. The staff was nonjudgmental and glad to meet as many requests as possible. Everyone was helpful and answered many questions I had about the area and what kind of stuff there was to do. I thought it was convenient to be very close to Waterloo station that was it was so easy to get around the city.

Good things: staff was helpful, the beds were not too old, free breakfast, the pub was really nice (and it wasn't too noisy if you were in the room!). I'd say it's in a good location, close to Westminster and the London eye. The Lambeth North and Waterloo stations are quite close too. Bad things: Small rooms (not stuffy but a bit confining), only two bathrooms for four rooms (if I'm not mistaken) Overall, it's cheap and good enough if you are staying only for a few days.

• 9th Apr 2013
  • Spain

It was wonderful stay. Especially the staff was amazing!

Hostel was okay, but the staff and bar were great. Cleaning staff obviously work hard but the building is run down and there are just too many beds per room. I was not horrible, but definitely not amazing. However, the staff definitely made the say enjoyable and memorable, They are all super fantastic and helpful and very interpersonal. I would be nice if there was more of a food selection or at least a fridge/kitchen.

Probably the best hostel ever. The staff were superb, the guests talkative and fun. The rooms were interestingly compact and really need a nice Japanese lady to help push you inside. But saving the best for last ... Its a pub! You receive a half price pint upon arrival and excellent espresso when leaving. The staff made sure I was set for the day when I set off at 5:30! I will be coming back :)

• 24th Mar 2013

Wow. I absolutely loved this hostel. It is in the perfect location as it is a 2 min walk to the metro. It's very cute and the bar gets pretty hoppin at night giving you the opportunity to play pool with locals! The staff is incredible. They help carry your bags and Daniel was such a great guy he carried my heavy bag all the way to the bus stop when we had to leave. For the price it is a steal. Everyone was nice and welcoming and we really couldn't have had a better experience.

I booked this based on location and value, I dont normally book hostel rooms with 6 or more beds, the room I was in had 12 all tho the room was small it felt cozy! the room had good bedding and nice heating, individual safes in the room and down stairs in the storage room. staff were friendly and helpful. GREAT location walking distance to most attractions. Very clean and the bar atmosphere was nice and happy hour made it nice on the change purse too. Over all I would book this place again.

• 22nd Mar 2013