PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

A nice experience. Great staff, who has the spirit of a young traveler. Most of them are from outside UK. A "must be there" with a great location.

• 20th Feb 2013
  • Portugal

The staff is very helpful, the pub downstairs has a great atmosphere. It is a great place! Tomaz, a guy from the staff was specially friendly and pleasant! Thank you for everything Steam Engine!

The Best!

• 19th Feb 2013

The hostel is located above a very cool little pub, very close to Lambeth North tube station which means great public transport access! We enjoyed our stay, the only dampeners were that the room was a little cramped, especially with 3 level bunks meaning we were crammed in!

The average experience was good, although -The pub at the hostel is good, is a good place to have the first drink of the night. -The 12 people bedroom are too tight, four 3-level bunks, and there is almost no space to leave anything, at least our room has a shower indoors, but the lockers were in the corridor. -The lockers are small, just to put in some valuables inside. -Showers and WC are quite short ( they were clean). -There were not lockers for everyone upstairs.

This hostel have an amazing location.

Friendly staff and cheap hostel to spend the night if comfort is not what so important for you.

No kitchen to prepair food ;(

That was not a hostel, just a regular bar (with people outside the hostel accepted) and in the first floor there were 4 rooms. I felt like not having space for the guests. There is not kitchen and they keep the food literally in the bar, every time you need soemthing you need to wait the bar attendent to bring it to you.

I was travelling around Europe for a month and this was definitely my favourite hostel! Extremely cheap, great location and really friendly staff. I'd never stayed in a hostel before this trip and The Steam Engine was exactly what I imagined the perfect hostel to be like-the staff were so friendly, excited to see us when we came in, making suggestions and helping us to have the best time possible. The facilities were great and the location perfect. Thank you to Dan for everything, you are great!

• 2nd Feb 2013

Very helpful and comunicative staff! A good localization, just 3 minutes from the underground station at zone 1. The pub atmosphere is really great and it's a wonderful place to meet new people. I would definitely come back. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

Great location, walking distance to Big Ben, South bank... Value for money! Basic, but clean. Great bar downstairs(live music!) and you even get a voucher for a half priced drink! It can get noisy if you want to go to bed early.

All right, so the dormitory was pretty full of travelers like myself, but that was I was supposed to expect. For anyone on a tight budget it is a very useful venue.

Before going to London I talked with some friends and everyone told me that is very hard found a "medium" hostel in london, all the hostels had a poor level. But I really liked The Steam Engine, have problems like a small space in the rooms (Have much beds) and only 2 toilets for all guests (it is very bad, In the morning sometimes you need to waiting a lot of time to take a bath). But have a lot of good thinks, the security (all doors with security code keys), the pub and good localization.

The hostel is very nice its is old build in the middle of the new build. The place is a Pub, upstairs are the rooms is quirky but very good, the staff was kind. I recommend this place 100%.

The location is certainly centrally located, but getting there from Heathrow is a task. The pub creates a fun evening atmosphere and doesn't cause too much disruption in the evening. But, the rooms and bathrooms are VERY small and I wasn't entirely pleased with the cleanliness. Although I never felt unsafe, the security of the place was slightly sketchy. I only stayed for one night. And, this was perfect. Any longer and I would have wished for something bigger.

we enjoyed our stay in the steam engine, but you had to know the rooms are just above the pub so there is noise ! that 's pity there is no room for cooking , so if you want to stay more it would be an inconvenient, the hostel is pleasant for atmosphere and not far of the center of the city isabelle k

Great location, great staff, great value for money. The bathroom floor was very very wet so it was annoying to take a shower, but everything else was GREAT.

Need a better thermostat in the shower as water was either cold, boiling or a tiny bit warm but the rest was just Perfect. Thanks!

The staff where really friendly and helpful.

• 15th Jan 2013