PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo Reviews

41-42 Cosser St, London, England

Good stay, good recommendation from staff on beer, the chicken gougan was a good bite. Sturdy security and locks and lockers for items.

Great atmosphere, Sunny, Daniel, Agne and Julieta were great !!

Dan and Juliette were exceptionally helpful, and make great cocktails!

• 18th Jan 2015

The bottom bed is directly on the floor and a lot less space in room 2

• 17th Jan 2015

Is a totally dirty place. It do not have a kitchen for the travelers use. The rooms are totally awful. Do not have lockers for free and you have to buy a towel because they do not rent it. The lockers are too small. You are to buy even the adaptors. The staff is good specially Agne that always have a smile on her face.

Steam Engine was awesome. Everything was excellent. Nice people welcoming customers, nice room, confortable bed, warm room, excellent security. There was Suni, the girl from Spain who was very helpful at all time. I had a gret time at Steam Engine.

Excellent hostel, great friendly staff, close to tube, 24hours opening, free breakfast,would go back

This place was very dirty, to many people in one room, smelled in the rooms, bathrooms were gross, shower light kept turning off in middle of shower, hot water was on for like 1 minute then turned cold. Lockers are small, cannot fit a suitcase. Breakfast was average. Location was alright, 5 minute walk from tube. I think it's a bit overpriced for what you get, I wouldn't stay here again.

Wonderfull staff! Especially David and Julietta! The pub is nice. The rooms and the lockers are too small though, but the atmosphere compensates.

• 28th Dec 2014

Two things that made me love the hostel was the wonderfun staff and the atmosphere of the pub. The staff were always very nice and receptive, helpful and in a great mood! They were always smiling and giving you attention. I loved the atmosphere of the pub, and they have an amazing pizza and appetizers. Though, the rooms and bathrooms are small. As there are just two toilets, sometimes I had to wait "in the line" to use it.

The staff were really nice, I even won a free pizza on check-in. Nice, cozy bar area, clean rooms with lockers, wifi, good game selection, everything you'd need in a hostel really. I felt very secure and it is such a good location being so close to the station. Breakfast is included, and considering it's pretty cheap anyway I thought this was good.

I don't mind sleeping in a bunk bed with heaps of other people. But stuffing 12 people into a room which should only have held 8 at the absolute MOST was dangerous, claustrophobic, and inconvenient. We were constantly tripping over luggage etc. You could not sit upright in the 3-tier beds. If there was a fire, evacuating that room would not have been possible in a safe amount of time. Also, the bathrooms flooded every night, the mattresses were disgusting, and music from the pub below was loud.

The hostel was amazing and the position as well. The staff was helpful and kind: I'd like to say thank you to Julieta who helped me and my friend getting settled and giving us all the advice we needed. I've travelling quite often in hostels and rarely I found such an amazing staff. Thank you for everything. Antonio

The lockers in the rooms and hallway were not big enough for our bags, so we had to leave our stuff unattended in our room, the room was tiny and not clean. The bathroom was so disgusting, the floor was always wet and the sinks and toilets just looked grimy. The staff were nice enough but didn't really seem to know what they were doing. You are not allowed to drink in the rooms but they do not have a common room where this is possible. I would not stay here again.

• 12th Dec 2014

Had a great time staying here at the Steam Engine. The staff are all super friendly particularly Julietta who has got to be the nicest person in all of London.

• 10th Dec 2014

Staff are fantastic,

We arrived tired and 4 numbers of beds and passwords were offered. Unfortunately we err on the number of bed. Then at 2 o'clock in the morning came an official, turned on the light and woke everyone requesting him to change the bed. He said he had but three free beds. tomorrow would solve. when I tried to explain the buzz from reception, asking simply swapped the number of bed on the computer, she said to go up then and we changed the wrong bed at the right number. Portuguese receptionist is ver

Staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, the rooms were a good size, clean, with no noise from the busy roads outside. The only issue I have is that my bed was directly next to the radiator (which was turned on due to it being a cold night!) so I was a little uncomfortable in bed at first, but eventually it went off and I slept fine. The bar downstairs is very reasonably priced, breakfast was nice, and the location is very convinient.

• 10th Nov 2014

That was a great place to visit! Walking distance from the most common sightseeings, I rarely used transport.. What I loved most of all is the Staff!) all of them were sooo friendly and U feel like home from the 1st minute. Sometimes I even didn't want to go out.People are so helpful, they answered each question with a smile,pay attention to every guest, amasing. Most of all I'd like to say many thanx to Daniel!!! Ask him for any help and U'll be happy)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Great hostel! Staff are all super friendly and helpful. The pub on the main floor serves pizza and pub grub as well as reasonably priced beers. Rooms are clean. One of the bathrooms was always flooded, but the other one was fine.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7