PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

friendly staff will be going back

• 17th Dec 2014

Good place, great staff specially Nicolao from Italy, nice atmosphere, will sure come back!!

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

The place is near to Victoria Coach Station and Rail Network. Has a good pub right below. Not the closest to the sightseeing attractions and all but you get the benefit of transport.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Close to Victoria bus station. Bus got in late and pub was still doing tapas which was great however the night guy knew where none of the food or drink was.. Which was really poor. So couldn't have the food or drink that we wanted. The guy who works during the day however was more than amazing. It's a pitty all the staff sent like him. No chargers or lights by beds.

The hostel is great. Great breakfast, clean rooms and it is very close to the train station. The problem was the Internet. It is almost impossible to connect to it, and it keeps falling out.

Didn`t have kitchen and lounge for guests.

My mattress was old and had hard and soft spots. This was eased by a late pub where it was not difficult to stay chatting. With a few days' notice I was told that my existing booking for the next week would not be accepted which meant that I had to pay high prices for my booking elsewhere. The only explanation I was given was that I had been "very, very rude". Although I might have thought about it I had not done anything rude This smacks of thought control.

Awesome little hostel with a cool pub downstairs. Loved staying here and totally would again if I was passing through london. Close to victoria coach station so was perfect for busses. Dave at the front desk was so nice!!! Amazing!!!!!

This was my second time staying. It was located perfectly for getting to and from Victoria coach station. I stayed on the top floor and the dorm was nice and clean and the bathroom on that floor were clean as well.

i do not know why but the hostels in london are never really clean. the rooms are ok, the showers are a little icky, but i think you can handle it. there are hairs in the drains [at the sink], and obvious chalk in showers. however, for the prince and location you can not really complain. it is close to victoria station, which is great because even tourists figure out the right night bus to victoria. the pub downstairs has amazing burgers and cocktails. the breakfast is small but enough.

• 19th Nov 2014

Clean hostel with a pub on the bottom floor. The rooms had 3 bed high bunks which felt a little like sleeping in a coffin (since you can't sit up in it). There are also small lockers in the rooms, though you need your own lock. The breakfast was average and everything was put away at 9am sharp (even as I was trying to get some butter). Location was perfect for anyone staying only a few days as Victoria Metro, Train, and Coach stations are about a 10 minute walk away.

Good but rather simple hostel

Thank you.

Overall, a great hostel! Two minor things though- my room was pretty cold, and the toilets/showers could use a good disinfecting. I would definitely stay here again though!

This is the perfect place to stay if you're going in and out of Victoria early or late since it's so close. But it's also an easy walk into city centre, a long walk but a nice one.

The dorm was massive, with around 40 people in a room. Overpriced. Location was good though.

Staff were brilliant, 24hr bar and great pizza! Few minutes from Victoria Bus Station. Showers basic and small lockers only but good value for money.

Unfortunately one shower in the bathroom near my room was out of order and the other shower had water gurgling from the drain, which was gross. I got in after dark when people were sleeping so I didn't realize until the morning that the drapes around the room were all open so it was super bright and I was unable to sleep in like I'd hoped after a long flight the day before.

• 29th Oct 2014

Shower booths are mixed with toilets. Small number of showers (one was out of order) - no chance to have a shower in the morning as the queue is too long. Tiny lockers in the rooms good for tiny things but not for bags.

Stayed at The White Ferry a few times already.The location is good not far from Victoria station.It's clean although bathrooms could be cleaner.Staff is nice.Just often a bit loud at night if you're in a dorm room because of other guests being noisy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3