PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria

7.8
Very Good 3331 Total Reviews

13th Apr 2017
3.4

Worst hostel I've stayed in. It was run down and dirty, there were only about 3 working toilets for the whole building and the showers NEVER had warm or hot water. The bed of a girl in my room broke when she sat down on it. There were only 5 showers total for girls and guys combined so you'd have to wait forever to take your cold shower. I tried asking the desk worker to circle the hostel on my map and she refused and only would point on her map to where it was. Oh and the wifi hardly ever works

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Apr 2017
5.1

The staff was fine. The food was great. The bathroom facilities were dirty, but the bedding was fine. The door to the dormitory was to "remain closed" but was not automatically closing, so people were just leaving it open a crack to be able to walk in and out freely and unfortunately I was in the bunk closes to the door with the light on through the night. The other patrons were inconsiderate; leaving the door open, talking loudly passed quite hours, slamming doors, etc.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2017
6.9

You get what you pay for. Close to Victoria train station but not close to other sights. The bathrooms were quite dirty most of the time. Beds were clean. Small lockers to keep valuables. All other storage access open to all other people staying at the hotel. If you need a quick place to rest your head- it's a fine option. The staff were kind and helpful.

7th Apr 2017
7.7

Location and staff were great. The bathrooms were a bit dirty, but to be somewhat expected by staying in a large hostel. The bar/common room area was nice too, lots of gins/beers to choose from and free games set out to pass the time. Hostel is a 10 minute walk from a main bus/train station so that makes navigating the city really easy. Was slightly thrown off by being a room of 20 something people, but room was fairly clean and it ended up being fine. Would recommend to a friend!

Hi there, thanks for your kind words. We're happy you had a good time with us! We hope you made a good use of the discounts we offer to our hostel guests and enjoyed our beers! Thanks for recommending us. Safe travels!

• Denmark, Female, 31-40
5th Apr 2017

I really enjoyed my stay. I really loved the building, really had some character, nice ambiance inside, very friendly staff, and in a great great location. It wasn't super super clean everywhere (halls, toilets ect.), but clean enough for me, and I would definitely stay there again :)

Thanks for your lovely words! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and everything was up to your standards. We hope to see you again in the future!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

Hostel was in an AMAZING location! Walked almost everywhere! The staff was super helpful and kind! The washrooms were clean, and the beds were pretty decent! I had a great time in London!

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good time in London. Good luck with the rest of your travels!

• England, Male, 41+
1st Apr 2017

White ferry Victoria my favourite place to stay in London staff very friendly location brilliant warm shower and comfy bed

Thanks for the amazing review! We're looking forward seeing you again

30th Mar 2017
8.0

This hostel is really cheap for the location it's in, and you definitely get what you pay for and not much more. There is little to no privacy and outlets are hard to come by if you're looking to charge your phone. There isn't much of a community here either, the way there is at many other hostels. With all that said, the bar downstairs is good, and again, the location is superb, and it's really cheap.

Hello! Thanks for your nice review. We are planning to refurbish the hostel in the summer, so there will be plugs next to each bed very soon! It's nice to hear you enjoyed the location and our pub. Safe travels!

• England, Female, 41+
29th Mar 2017

Great place to stay highly recommend

Thanks a lot of your great review!! Come to stay with us again!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Mar 2017
5.1

This hostel was in a great location but it should've been much cheaper based off the condition of the place. I paid $35 to stay in a room with 12 other people and in any other city, I could've gotten my own room for that price. The staff was nice but they were drastically underprepared. There were no adapters, safety locks, or towels available to rent by the time I got there. Overall, the atmosphere is fun, but don't plan on sleeping.

Hi there, thanks for your review! Our hostels is one of the cheapest you can find in such a central location and the prices change according to the availability, weekdays/weekend and so on. I'm afraid that for $35 it will be quite hard for you to get your own room in any big city in Europe! We're sorry that you found our staff unprepared as we all have been trained and have worked here long enough but we will pass your complain to the management. Unfortunately, we did run out of adaptors while you were here, but we did have all the rest, maybe there has only been some miscommunication! We wish you luck with the rest of your travel!