PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Nice Staff Excellent Burger and beer

This hostel was only so-so. The wifi did not work on any device, for any person, at any time (and I talked with at least 7 people). The lockers in the rooms are only big enough to hold valuables, and even then seemed pretty weak and questionable. There was a massive shortage of outlets, so charging phones was a battle. Finally, security was mehhh, because the doors are secured by codes that are only changed once a week. Overall, I'm not sure that I would stay here again.

The triple beds are like sleeping in the berth of a ship. Only for tiny people.

Hello! Thanks for leaving the review! Good to see you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately we can't change the bed situation straight away, but I will take it with me for the future :) Take care!

Only found two toilets that worked. Shower had yellow smelly curtain. Triple bunk beds were very shakey. Pub was nice but too dark so guests weren't interactinginteracting. Turn up the lights. Storage wasn't that see if every guest could access everyone's bags in that common storage down stairs. Other hostels have the staff onlybe able to access that room. The door also didnt close all the way all the time. Location was way too far from anything interesting. Paid too much for accomodations

• 1st May 2015

Hello there! I want to apologize for your experience with us. The shower curtain is changed for a fresh new one! We like to have our little bar a bit darker as we can put candles in the bar and make it warm and cosy. The lights in our big bar are a bit brighter for the people who prefer a bit of a brighter light. Our code for the luggage gets change really often for safety! We think we have a great location. A lot of the main attractions are close to us, like Buckingham Palace! Safe travels!

Very nice hostel located in a street full of nihgt life and very near the Pantheon and therefore of the main sightseeings, the rooms and restrooms were clean, I like this place because is in an old building so it represents europe as you imagine it, specially the basement where the kitchen and a common area are located, feels like an old castle, overall is very good and wifi everywhere, friendly staff and if you decide to stay there you should check on their webpage... you may get a free beer :)

Hey, sounds like your "trip" was quite good. Thank youy so much for the kind words.

Had an awful time at this hostel; bunk beds stacked 3 beds high in tiny rooms - if anybody moves or rolls over the whole structure shakes. No privacy at all, plus an ancient unlock key system so all night you can hear people trying to get in (usually takes a couple times to figure out how to open the door). As if that wasn't bad enough, the staff were practicing music in the staff room. Stayed for several days, got very little sleep here, much worse than other hostels we've stayed in.

• 12th Apr 2015

Hello there, Thanks for your review! I'm sad to read our hostel didn't reach your expectations. It's a new thing for us that you were not able to catch a lot of sleep. As you can understand, we need our lock system to make sure our guest feel and are secured and safe. We explain during the check in talk now how to open the door, so hopefully that improves the sleep for our future guests. Also, we provide ear plugs now at the reception!

Excellent location just a short walk from Victoria Station which makes catching coaches & trains the next day easy. They have a fantastic burger menu and a nice snack menu once the kitchen has closed, though lots of this was unavailable when I was there. The 24 hour bar is amazing! Will definitely stay here again.

Hello! Great to hear you had a great time at our hostel! Our burgers are amazing and how good is the guest discount you get on all the food and drinks you order at the bar?! Amazing that you made use of our great central location! Hopefully we see you soon! Take care and thanks again!

The hostel is one of the dirtiest ever, mold in it, blocked toilets, most showers working bad and some sinks had just hot water. The atmosphere at the pub wnot as expected, none wanted to chat, just using laptops or phones. Phone left 5 seconds in the pub has been stolen. Staff seems to overwork (same person between 8 pm to 9 am) and this is unacceptable as we know the situation in London. However, the location is great (everything is reachable walking) and the price is low enough.

• 5th Apr 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review! First of all we are glad you made the most of our great central location! It's a shame you had this experience in the bar while staying with us. Normally our bar is a great spot where a lot of hostel guests meet other travellers and have a couple of beers together and share stories! We trust you went to see one of our lovely reception staff about the problems above as they sort it straight away for you if it's in their power! Take care!

If you want somewhere central (5 mins from coach station) to sleep that is cheap then it is ideal. Showers are hot water and door locks work. Bit chaotic as some showers being refurbished but workmen helpful. Cereal, coffee and toast all included in the mornings too which was a nice surprise. Those people who could be bothered to look up from their devices were friendly although bar staff sometime struggle with english.

• 30th Mar 2015

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, we really appreciate it. Good to read you had a good stay with us! As we are constantly improving our hostel, we need workman to fix some things for the benefit of our future guests, and hopefully they weren't too much in your way. Hopefully we will meet you again. All the best!

Worse experience ever. After my friend and I pre-booked our beds, we came in late from a night out to find people sleeping in our beds because they overbooked. They did nothing to compensate for it were rude about it, and we ended up having to share the last bed left in the hostel without getting any money back. It was all older men and women, the breakfast was cereal and toast. Overall they had terrible customer service. I'd never stay there again, and would never recommend it.

• 14th Mar 2015

Hello there, Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review. I want to apologize for the way things got handled during your stay. It is certainly not the way it should be dealt with, and I will follow this up with the staff to make sure this won't happen again. We improved our free continental breakfast and added 3 types of cereal and 4 different flavours of jam. I hope your stay didn't affect your time in London and hopefully you made use of our great central location!

Good reception, good rooms and great location. You can go walking to the Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and etc, and its also close the Victoria Station. The pub is neat but very calm and was a little bit empty at the days I was there. Negative points are taken (only in the English standard ) and the limited breakfast time ( from 07 to 09) . They make quite disclosure of pub burgers , but when we got back to the hostel for dinner , 22:00 , informed us that the kitchen closes 21: 00hs .

hello there! Thanks for such a balanced review! It's great to read what we are doing well, but we also like to see our negative points for the benefit of our future guests. Our location is amazing indeed, we love it! We have 24 hour food going on, so there's always something to snack on. Our main menu runs from 12hr/15hr - 17hr/21hr and before, during and after our main menu, we still have our amazing snack menu which include some great pizzas, chicken wings and many more. Safe Travels!

No privacy curtains in the bed and power sockets are lacking. The beds have no individual lights plus I was given a bed that had a used duvet and pillow.

Hello! We appreciate your recommendations about individual lights and privacy curtains! That sounds awesome, but unfortunately this is not something we can change straight away. But perhaps in the near future we can say we do have these great additions to our hostel! We trust you talked to our staff about your bed situation, they go upstairs and change it for you straight away. Safe travels and hopefully we can meet again in the future!

improved'd better clean up the luggage compartment, and the impossibility of saving money. take cooking more choice. otherwise great music in the pub.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

White Ferry has always been a kind of nostalgical spot for me. This time, however, I noticed some aspects in which it has gone worse since my last visit: 1) Showers did not work (we tried two floors with the same result :() 2) Breakfast was poor really (the last time at least bread, butter and jam were included) Nevertheless, I hope this was just an exemption of what I've been used to and the next time I am coming here everything is alright again!

Really good. Except from when checking in. The system was wrong and showed that I was staying for a day less than I was. The problem was sorted once I got my confirmation out. Still, not the best in that aspect. All others were good

The location and staff were fine, but the state of the dorms and bathrooms were disgusting. There was water and urine all over the toilet and shower room floors, mould running up the walls in the dorms and a hole in the toilet wall. The bed linen was clean though.

• 7th Feb 2015

good hostel, big rooms and bathrooms. prefect for me as i was only stopping for one night on a lay over but probably wouldn't stay there for more than two nights.

Showers cold and not enough of them for everybody but quite okay for the rest for students

Bathrooms were dirty and not enough privacy. Rooms had a fair bit of room but only small lockers to store a couple of valuables. There's no common room and you can't eat or drink in the room so there was no option for that. It was an okay place to stay, close to Victoria station which was good.

good all round place,the only thing lacking was a hangout room.the room we had breakfast in should be kept closed for guests till evening!!will defo go again-ta