PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

I had some problems with the wifi. Apart from that I had a good stay and recommend this hostel. I had stayed at this hostel before and would be happy to stay here again.

This place proves that sometimes you should read between the lines with reviews. The staff were fantastic (rushed off their feet) but friendly and caring. The room was fine and clean as were the facilities. The location is outstanding. I will definately come here again I hope. Thanks ever so much guys for a brilliant stay.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The best beds I've stayed in at a hostel. Breakfast was only cereal and toast, but free! It would have been nice to have a kitchen for cooking my own food, but the pub downstairs made up for it! Thank You for the stay!

• 23rd Aug 2015

The premises will surely have to be completely refurbished in the not too distant future. The downstairs toilets are very messy. The door leading to the rooms is rather dangerous! Best have not too much luggage or get help. The codes were not applicable for two other guests. The staff member at night was either not too friendly and the other did not understand too much about the late check out. There should really be a bigger hostel with top facilities within walking distance of coach station

My boyfriend and I only stayed for one night. The location was amazing! Walking distance to Buckingham palace and other attractions! Very close to Victoria coach station! Close to shops. The staff were friendly! The wifi connection is next to nothing. They probably shouldn't promote free wifi because it does not work. The beds were comfy. The bathrooms though were disgusting. I had to wait 30 minutes for a shower. Then had to wait again because there was no water. okay hostel for short stay

Overall it's a good place to stay. The food in the pub itself is actually pretty good. There's bikes really near to the hostel so if you intend on cycling around London this is a good place to stay. Space is limited so apart from the pub itself there's no where else to hang out and socialise but if you're traveling get out of there and make friends!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Our room was nice and spacious even with 24 people and they changed the door codes during the week and had lockers for smaller valuables. However, the wifi sucked so if that's important to you then I wouldn't suggest it. Also, there's no kitchen for use which is unfortunate in expensive London. Free breakfast though was nice - toast and cereal.

The staff and location are amazing! Had a problem and they fixed it straight away! You really can't beat the location. So close to everything you'd want to do in London. I had to be smart about timing my shower...the shower pressure goes down to a slow drizzle if too many people are showering at the same time. The wifi was good in the lounge but not in the room.

Good hostel, good pub, only let down is the wifi.

Beds were comfortable! Was in a room with only 3 bed high bunks. The bed wobbled as I'd climb to the top which was a scary. Was there 2 nights on my own + two nights with someone who flew in so had made 2 separate bookings which I was told was fine how I did it. Was told I could leave my bag in the room just clear off he bed only to come back with my extra person for last 2 nights and find they had removed my bag and stored it somewhere. The girl was quite rude and unsympathetic to my situtaion

Staff very friendly and clean sheets but the bathroom/toilet was flooded with water from the cistern and the showers were overflowing with blocked drains.

Best place ever stayed in London

• 5th Aug 2015

Great location! Cool atmosphere you can chill in the pub & have a drink so you don't HAVE to spend time in your room if you don't want! Would stay again! Shame about 1 staff member.. Needs to smile more as came across unwelcoming!!

Very nice as usual ! Someone took my friend's bed we went to the reception and a very nice staff memeber came in the room and changed the bed linen for her at 23:00 ! Moreover this hostel is perfectly located near Victoria Station ( bus train and the tube, 10 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace etc... )

• 3rd Aug 2015

Great location nearby some top attractions, although it's a considerable walk from the nearest tube station. The pub downstairs serves a great burger. The building itself is pretty cool.

Perfectly fine place, but nothing extraordinary. I stayed in the large mixed gender room, which really is one room with 8 triple bunk-beds. Bring earplugs, because paying 1 Euro for a pair is a rip off and you never know who will snore. The bathroom is an all-gender facility with individual stalls for showers and toilets. By the end of the day, the bathroom is not the cleanest so try and use it early. The bar downstairs is nice and cozy, and a great place to have a beer before bed.

I am not that picky but this hostel needs to work on its plumbing. The showers were extremely low pressure with just a trickle of cold water. Your choice was to stay dirty or to get scalded. 3 of 4 showers I checked were the same. The other one didn't work at all. 3 tier bunk beds which are not tethered to the wall could easily tip ( and almost did when I climbed to the top with nobody in the bottom bunk). To make it worse someone stole my camera (I know, it should have been been secured)

• 29th Jul 2015

I had arrived quite late at night and MY BED WAS NOT MADE when I climbed onto it. I was the allocated the top bunk of a triple decker bed. Thankfully it did not smell bad but it definitely felt like someone else had slept in these sheets before me; the duvet was strewn messily across and the pillow was lumpy and dented. I tried to get some sleep without having too much contact with what seemed like previously used sheets. I expect that they would at least be changed with every new guest.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Nice hostel! Nothing special, but very good location!

Good for one nights stay, and the pub downstairs is very convenient! Bathrooms could do with an upgrade, more power points and lockers in rooms would be great and the three-tiered bunks are slightly terrifying.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4