PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Good for one nights stay, and the pub downstairs is very convenient! Bathrooms could do with an upgrade, more power points and lockers in rooms would be great and the three-tiered bunks are slightly terrifying.

It's very close to Victoria station and easy to get there.You can have breakfast.People were coming and going in the evening...

The only reason I rated "excellent" on the atmosphere is because I made two awesome friends and the staff was very nice to me! You get what you pay for, so don't expect anything fancy. The floors and bathrooms were dirty but keep in mind you are sharing with a lot of people. The burgers are awesome and they have an excellent beer selection downstairs. Free breakfast is great for hungry travelers, simple but hits the spot. Perfect location. I would stay there again!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Argentina

The wifi never worked. The doors have complicated locks that are left unlocked during the day. The staff is kind and helpful. The atmosphere is great. But it's not remarkably clean... And the wifi... Come on.

Everything was amazing! Staff, facilities, clean, central to tube station etc.. Only the wifi didn't work.

• 12th Jul 2015

One of the showers was out of order and the trash bin was overflowing after the first day. Other than that, great!

• 11th Jul 2015

The hostel was about a 5-10 minute walk away from the Victoria bus station, and upon our arrival at 5:30AM, we were able to store our luggage in the basement until checkin. The staff was very helpful in dishing tips for our stay in London. The rooms felt clean, but because there were only two showers for the entire hostel, you have to be smart with timing your showers during low traffic times.

• 11th Jul 2015

Another pleasant stay at this excellent hostel. Nice and quiet at night when I had a good night's sleep. The staff were helpful, for example by going on Google Maps to help me to find a launderette in the evening after the one next door had closed. The breakfast was simple but tasty and very reasonable for the price. I was able to leave my rucksack in a secure luggage room after an early arrival. The locker in the dorm was useful too. I would be happy to stay here again and recommend to others.

Very well located, the place to be if you need a cheap accommodation to ten minutes walking from Victoria Station, recommended

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Chile

I would not recommend anyone to stay here. The pictures are false advertisement, the hygiene is horrendous. Nothing about the description of it is real. So very disappointed.

• 4th Jul 2015

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your experience with us! Such a shame as we do provide everything mentioned in the description. Breakfast is included every morning, Fresh linen are provided and your bed is made, we are offering great guest discounts to our hostel guests to try the local London products (craft beers, London gin and our wonderful and award winning burgers!) and everything else. I do trust you spoke to the staff about the hygiene as they are always there for any problems. Take care.

Bathrooms and toilets were very unclean.

Hi there, It's unfortunate that you find the showers and toilets in an unclean condition. I trust you went to see our great staff as they are always ready to help and clean!

Only had one night, it was easy, three bed high bunks though are a bit rocky.

Thanks! I will let the maintenance team stabilise the beds, so they will be less rocky! Thanks again!

This was a nice little hostel. I really liked the location, it was super close to the Victoria stations. The breakfast was decent, staff nice, pub area is a really nice place to sit and relax. The bathrooms weren't overly clean, but they were still fine. I'd come back!

Thank you, I'll guess we see you around in the future than! Take care!

Great hostel very friendly place to stay! 😃

Thank you!!!!

Very good location for us. No facility to make cup of tea but allowed to eat own food in pub area. Good staff. Toilet shower facility needs improving. Blood stain on white matrass cover was not picked up or not removed. Questions don't allow for mixed age groups.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We appreciate it a lot. I will get the maintenance team on the showers and toilets. I trust you went to see our bar staff for some hot water to brew your tea! Hopefully we can meet again in the future!

Me not like three floors, I haven`t been helping, the bed was to down, I don`t knew whre to put my things, don`t table, chair, the bathroom similiar,. All place was unconfortable.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm sorry that you struggled a bit with the stairs. Don't forget the staff is always there to help you out and give you a hand with your luggage. As we have a beautiful old Victorian building, we are not allowed to install a lift in our property. But like I mentioned before, we have a great team of young and strong staff happy to help you out!

Friendly staffs but hostel is just a basic hostel with basic facilities. Met some other backpacking travellers which was great and there's no long termer seemed to stay in the hostel. Overall stay is satisfactory.

Great hostel. Good value for money. Very friendly and helpful staff.I Stayed there for 2 nights in June. Rooms were cleaned everyday and beds were spotless clean when I arrived. The only disadvantage is that not all showers/toilets work.

• 9th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words! Hopefully we will meet again!

Location is very good...it is worthy for the price

• 9th Jun 2015
  • China

Thank you so much!

Very close to Victoria station. So many beds in the room that it was quite noisy. Very clean. Good security.

• 8th Jun 2015

Thanks for your nice words! We are glad you had a great time! Happy travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3