PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Great hostel, its location its not great because theres nothing around if you want to chill out by night without reaching victoria station. Great pub

• 6th Feb 2016

The hostel is far from the metro, long walk. The area is empty, no bar or chance to have any food rather than that the pub/hostel sell, for a really expensive price (any beef burger, range from 9 to 12 pounds). The staff is really rude and not helpful. Sunday night I asked for food, the girl at the reception told me the restaurant was closed, but only at 2300 i discovered was possible to order pizzas, and I was starving and very upset for the wrong information from the staff. Not anymore there!

I loved this hostel so much that I booked the rest of my stay in London here the next day. The pub has a good craft beer selection, an even better staff, and a nice social atmosphere. Overall a great value for the money. James the bartender was extremely helpful and accommodating, and the rest of the staff were very friendly as well. The rooms were also clean enough. Would definitely stay here for future trips.

• 4th Feb 2016

That's awesome to read! Thanks so much! I will make sure ill pass on your kind words to James! I am sure he will be pleased to hear. We see you next time you're in London!

The location is perfect. Its very close to Victoria Station. The bedroom was very nice, confortable for being with other 11 people. The only problem was that the toilet was VERY dirty in certains hours. They must improve that!! Any way the location is fantastic also the pub`s burguers!

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Uruguay

The bed was freshly made every day. The lockers were a little on the small side but workable.

We are happy you had a great stay with us! Come back any time.

horrible place!

• 27th Jan 2016

We had a great stay at Publove @ The White Ferry. Great and kind staff who are always willing to help! Even though we didn't sleep much (due to a snoring roommate) we had a good night. The showers were a bit too hot though! But besides those two things we don't have anything to complain about! The location was perfect and the atmosphere too! Felt like coming home!

• 26th Jan 2016

Thanks so much! We are glad you had a awesome time with us and we were a part of your London experience. Snoring room mates are never fun, but we do provide earplugs at the reception that can make your stay a bit more comfortable in these situations. Please come back next time you're around in London!

Perfect place for a short stay in London. Continental breakfast and a pub dowsnstairs make it even better.

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Poland

Thanks so much! We would love to have you around again in the future.

The toilet and shower facilities in this hostel are inadequate. I usually had to wait in line for a while for either. I tried getting up an hour earlier to avoid the "rush" and it made little difference.For one of the showers I tried to use, only steaming hot water would come out, while for another shower only cold water would come out. For one of the showers I tried to use, only a trickle of water would come out. The bathrooms were always pretty filthy. The "lockers" are extremely small.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are going through a hostel refurbishment at the moment and all showers will get a massive upgrade, we are really excited for that! The lockers we provide are for all your valuable items such as documents, laptops and other valuables. For your bigger luggage we have our secured luggage room in our basement! Hope we meet you again in the future

The Hostel is comfortable, only to issues: 1- Few shower spots, and poor breakfast!

• 19th Jan 2016

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback! We have mentioned this to our maintenance team and this has been fixed. At the end of the month we are introducing a warm breakfast menu with a special discount for our hostel guests, so the ones who are craving a bit more, can have a delicious breakfast!

The pub area was nice, rooms were OK , breakfast is way to early finishing at 9 and they should think about organizing activities to help people mingle

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback! At the end of the month we are introducing a warm breakfast menu for our hostel guests who likes to sleep in, with a great hostel discount! I am going to look into organizing more hostel activities, I am sure we can work something out! Thanks again for your suggestions!

Never seen soap at the toilets, the 3-layer bed was horrible, and I don't remember to read that at the descriptions. It was very hard to climb the stairs until the higher bed, and it shaked everyone below everytime I had to get out of bed. The breakfast was OK, like most of the hostels, and good security, with passwords for every door. The shower was awful, 5min of hot water and then freezing cold. I never used the toilet without having to flush other people's waste and it was always dirty.

Hi there, I am sorry to read about your stay with us. As we host about 75 people every night it can be quite messy at times. But our staff makes regular rounds at night when our housekeeping team is gone to make sure everything is up to standards. I trust you went to see our staff members about this issue as they are always happy to go upstairs and make an extra round to make your stay up to your standards!

While for 10 euros my expectations were quite low, the cleanliness of PubLove was pretty disappointing. There was obvious mold growing in the shower facilities. There was little to no regard for the hygiene within the bathroom areas. While I understand that this is a shared living space by many people, mold doesn't grow to the amount that was seen within the bathrooms in one day.

• 14th Jan 2016

Hi there, I am sorry to read we didn't reach your expectations. We are going through a hostel refurbishment at the moment, and this is high upon our list so our bathrooms are getting a complete make-over! In the meantime we started to treat the bathrooms with a special paint as well that prevents this issue, and the results are great already! I hope this situation didn't affect your stay with us!

The room was very clean and the breakfast very substantial. In an excellent location for underground and local buses, Victoria coach station close by

Great to hear you had a pleasant stay with us! Keep us in mind next time you need somewhere to stay!

Location is just 5-10 minuites from Victoria station. Stayed in a 24 people dorm which consisted of 8 3-layer beds. Breakfast is included.

Thanks for your awesome rating! Hopefully we can meet again in the future!

The hostel was good, james was extremely helpful and great

• 10th Jan 2016

Thanks! I will make sure I pass on your kind words to James! I'm sure he enjoyed helping you out!

Great Location, only 5 mins from Victoria. 24h reception.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are very pleased with our awesome location as well! So convenient!

Toilet bins were not changed in two days and become unsanitary.

Hi there, Thanks for making us aware of this situation. We have contacted the company who changes it for us and they are coming more regularly now! Also, always make sure you let our staff know as we have spare ones to replace the full ones with :)

All was great!! Other than missing soap at times, also, bathroom cleanliness was far from perfect! Other than that, an amazing place to stay, vv accommodating staff, the location is perfect!!! And security was more than needed

Thanks for your kind words! It is much appreciated! Hopefully we can meet again in the future!

This little, unassuming place is great. Super cheap, and if you check in extra late like I did (like 1am) they're likely to undercharge you. Their bar downstairs is also check-in and reception, which is open 24 hours for guests. So if you're a night owl, you can literally drink all night. WiFi was a bit spotty sometimes, but for the most part worked fine. Bartender/receptionists are especially helpful and fun to talk to.

• 23rd Dec 2015