PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Bathrooms and toilets were very unclean.

Only had one night, it was easy, three bed high bunks though are a bit rocky.

Great hostel very friendly place to stay! 😃

Very good location for us. No facility to make cup of tea but allowed to eat own food in pub area. Good staff. Toilet shower facility needs improving. Blood stain on white matrass cover was not picked up or not removed. Questions don't allow for mixed age groups.

Me not like three floors, I haven`t been helping, the bed was to down, I don`t knew whre to put my things, don`t table, chair, the bathroom similiar,. All place was unconfortable.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Friendly staffs but hostel is just a basic hostel with basic facilities. Met some other backpacking travellers which was great and there's no long termer seemed to stay in the hostel. Overall stay is satisfactory.

Great hostel. Good value for money. Very friendly and helpful staff.I Stayed there for 2 nights in June. Rooms were cleaned everyday and beds were spotless clean when I arrived. The only disadvantage is that not all showers/toilets work.

• 9th Jun 2015

Location is very good...it is worthy for the price

• 9th Jun 2015
  • China

Thank you so much!

Very close to Victoria station. So many beds in the room that it was quite noisy. Very clean. Good security.

• 8th Jun 2015

Thanks for your nice words! We are glad you had a great time! Happy travels!

Easy procedures. Quite friendly staff. Good enough beds. Not all showers working all the time so some queueing for these. Wi-Fi is average.

• 7th Jun 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate all the thoughts of our guests and we need them to improve! All showers are fixed and up and running! Also, we had a WIFI update so that should be a lot better now :) Take care and happy travels!

Its such a nice venue I think you deserve to have nicer carpets and cleaner looking toilets and showers . I would have appreciated to draw the curtain across the whole window in my room,as the light was shining in my eyes all night and the daylight from 4.30am. 3 storeys on the bunks is too much for me and even younger ladies were not able to climb up there. Maybe young men only on top bunks? Top Hunks in the Top Bunks? You could include orange juice or a fruit in the breakfast.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Hi there, thanks for leaving us comments! We need your thoughts to improve, so thanks for letting us know. I will definitely look into it and see what is reachable in a short period of time. Hopefully we can meet again soon. ps. amazing quote!

It's quite pretty from the outside of the building and the pub is nice downstairs. I had good experiences with the staff members. I was quite disappointed with the toilet and shower situation. I stayed in a room with 24 other guests and the bathroom next to our room only had one or two working showers and 2 toilets that I noticed. I went to check upstairs for more facilities however the lights in the upstairs washroom were not working and the water in the one shower was extremely hot.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thanks for your review! The showers and toilets are all fixed and up and running. Hopefully we meet you again next time you're in London!

Staff was friendly, beds are fine. Is kind of crowdy, but if you don't mind that is good. Could be tidier, but is better than most (you will probably see a bug or two). Will recommend it mostly because of the location, 5 min walking to Victoria Coach!

Thanks for your review! Good to read you had a great overall stay with us. I will look into the cleaning of the room to see how we can improve! Thanks again and take care.

The staff was friendly and helpful. WiFi didn't work too well in rooms but much better in the pub. Fellow travelers were friendly too.

Good to read you had a good stay with us! It's always good to see travellers meeting other travellers and making memories together. We recently upgraded our WIFI so it should be better now! Hopefully we can meet again!

I was in a small room with 9 (nine) beds. It was a room for 4 beds, maximun. I haven´t seen something worst yet The staff excellent Thank you

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are always trying to improve our hostel for the sake of our future guests. I will take your comment with me to improve in the near future! Good to read the staff was amazing to you, that's what we're aiming for! Take care.

Great hostel, very clean and friendly staff with a bar just down stairs.

Thanks for your amazing words! Hopefully we can meet again! Safe travels

The reception was so disorganized. They were far more focused on running the bar than checking me in. They didn't have a bed assigned to me, but took them three times to assign me to a bed that didn't have someone in it (which involved me going up and finding someone in my bed). Nonetheless, when I came back that night, there was someone sleeping in my bed, so I had to change rooms again. There was a fire alarm 4AM-11. I woke up to knives next to my bed. Bathrooms were gross. Disgusting hostel.

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's a shame you had this experience with us. It's certainly not the way we normally work and I will follow this up so this won't happen again. Hostel guests are always are number one priority! I trust you went to see one of our staff members about the things you mentioned as they are always there to solve problems and to make sure you are having a great time with us. Take care

Nice Staff Excellent Burger and beer

Thank you! Don't forget our Gins either!! Take care!

Great location and a friendly staff. I would highly recommend staying here while in London.

Thank you so much! We would love to see you again! Safe travels!

This hostel was only so-so. The wifi did not work on any device, for any person, at any time (and I talked with at least 7 people). The lockers in the rooms are only big enough to hold valuables, and even then seemed pretty weak and questionable. There was a massive shortage of outlets, so charging phones was a battle. Finally, security was mehhh, because the doors are secured by codes that are only changed once a week. Overall, I'm not sure that I would stay here again.