PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Fresh Backpackers was very clean with staff who were friendly and exteremly helpful. It's fairly near to Victoria tube station which is handy for getting around London. It was excellent value for money and I will definitely come back again next time I'm in London!

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Wales

breakfast till very early (if you arrive 5 minutes earlier there is no more milk, coffee and staff dont bring new food). The first night I was there, 2 cameras and 1 iPhone were stolen from my dorm.. no comments.. You arent allow to eat or bring your own food to the hostel. There isnt enough sockets to plug in cellphones or tablets. And showers dont fluff as well as toilets. Manager gets crazy when he has to handle a little problem. He cant even resolve anything at all. I dont recommend it!

Good hostel with a lively 24 hour bar downstairs. Dorms are comfortable.

esfthere are MANY hostels in the area but I keep going back to the ferry BECAUSE OF THE STAFF--THEY make one welcome from Francesco the manager, through Alesso and Antonio the very lively Julieta and calm and funny Justine---I really enjoyed my stays there

My stay in this hostel went well. I was not fond of staying in a room with fourteen other people but that is just my personal preference. It was conveniently located for me. Being within walking distance to Victoria Station made it really easy to get into the city and around.

I would not stay here again. This didn't feel like a hostel, it felt more like a bunch of beds on the second floor of an overpriced pub. The bathrooms were dirty, the rooms smelled, and there were bugs that bit me. I could not wait to leave The only good thing about it is the location, it's a ten minute walk to the Victoria Station, and a 20 min walk to Buckingham palace.

Very nice staff. Bar was fun get a carling with a splash of lemonade was my favorite.

Great atmosphere, with some very helpful staff.

• 2nd Jul 2013

nice hostel, nice staff, pretty good price for its location. the only bad thing is, that the rooms really are a bit cramped. i would come again!

• 1st Jul 2013
  • Austria

Great stay, loved the staff. Lockers in the room would have been nice, but security wasn't an issue.

This hostel is great if you just need a place to stay on your way in or out of Victoria Coach Station.. but it is not in the best location for a long-term stay. It is a solid 15 minute walk from the nearest metro station... and I didn't always feel comfortable as a women walking back by myself at night.

Although I am not a tipical patron of this type of acommadation because of my age ( I am a mature man ) the staff made me feel very welcome. The rooms were clean and all the staff were extreemly helpfull. I would not hesitate to stay there again and i will recomend the white ferry to anyone.

• 30th Jun 2013

Good value hostel, especially because of the great location. Was clean and really friendly staff. Bar downstairs is great.

Nice and clean hostel! It is also very well situated. There is Victoria station (underground, coach station, buses and train) located at 7 minutes of walk and Buckingham palace, the Big Ben and Westminster abbey at 15 minutes of walk. According to me the only bad thing was the sound of the karaoke of the pub just downstairs while I was trying to sleep. But hey... If you are a party person this should not be a bad point but a plus ;)

Decent location next to Victoria station. 24 HR Bar is great and nice pub area. Bed and rooms and shower toilets etc.. were all fine. I thought the fact that you had to book online to stay there was unnecessary, but other than that I'd recommend it.

• 27th Jun 2013

The front hall smells like a toilet and there is a musty smell throughout the whole hostel. The toilets often wouldn't flush properly and often got clogged up. One the top floor the toilet paper was stuck inside the dispenser in the morning and was still like this in the afternoon. The shower on the top floor was terrible. The thermostat was terrible. Room clean but bunks moved a lot. Wifi have to log onto cloud. Codes on the doors are good for security but would be better with key cards.

A little loud and very bright in the 21 bed dorm. The bedding was great though and the staff are fantastic!!

• 26th Jun 2013

A decent enough hostel, very good location close to Victoria train/coach station. Shame about not having a kitchen though, a kettle and toaster always come in handy

Close to Victoria yet in a quiet neighbourhood, clean and relatively safe. Definitely recommend this one! Bear in mind - There are no lockers in the rooms and no kitchen (though there is standard breakfast provided). The beds have three levels so if you end up on the top and are scared of hights, you won't be pleased :-), I guess you can the staff to change it or ask for a lower bed while booking though. Apart from these it's perfect.

Really friendly staff. The fact that the pub was open 24/7 was a welcome surprise. I got to the hotel really late because my plane landed at night, and to have the option of a drink and a hot meal was lovely. The facilities were decent but what I mostly liked was the friendliness of people. Breakfast, even if very basic, was quite welcome, and I frankly wasn't expecting it given the very low price of the stay.

• 25th Jun 2013