PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Bathroom was a bit dodgy, and showers were few on my floor, but for the first hostel I've stayed in, it was very nice. Location was easy and near enough to a tube stop; bed was very comfortable and clean and check in/out was easy. The atmosphere of being above a pub was actually quite nice, and helpful to have the resources directly below if needed.

• 21st Dec 2015

6 sockets to charge phone in the 24 room. WiFi did not work steadly. Beds could have more privacy, without investing that much money (ex. Courtains). In the lockers you can't fit a small suitcase.

It's a really nice and quiet hostel walking distance away from the station. Even though the pub downstairs was great for a lively drink and chat, the dorm upstairs was quite homely. Staff was really friendly; overall clean facilities; the hostel was located in a safe neighbourhood and it felt secure to be there; only complaints would be about the lockers in the room were hardly big enough for anything, and the three decker beds were not the best to sleep in.

The hostel was okay but there were numerous small issues- beams missing under the bed, showers that didn't work, etc. Would have been nice if the hostel was cared for a little more.

The hostel has a good location. It is located near Victoria Station and Coach Station. It has a nice Traditional Fish & Chips place along Lupus Street. However, its facilities were a little run down and it is currently undergoing some renovations. Hopefully, with the renovations, the shower in the highest floor will have water suitable for bathing and the locks to the bathrooms will be fixed. Otherwise, the staff were very friendly and approachable and I'll definitely come back!

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Pros: the bar has a good vibe. You get 10% off the food for staying there. Great location, close to Victoria tube station. Cons: you guys really need to say on your website that the bunkbeds are 3 tiered. It was fine for me cause I was on the top but some people would absolutely hate that & you need to let people know about the beds before they book. The rooms are TINY compared to the amount of beds. My room housed 9 people.. there was only enough room on the floor for 4 peoples suitcases.

the burger was really good, I had been rushing around on trains and like all day, it was just what I needed at eight in the evening, after working up an appetite with a few beers, slowing down, and then back out in london drizzle, tubes and buses. It might have been handy to have known there's a bus stop right in front,

• 30th Nov 2015
  • Wales

Can't say I enjoyed my stay here too much. Slept in a 12-bed dorm with only TWO sockets that were always taken, go figure. The worst thing was the showers though. I counted five showers, three of them were broken, and the remaining two apparently leaked so they flooded the floor. And there were no sockets by the mirrors, so girls looking to straighten their hair, good luck. The surrounding area is quite boring. Wouldn't recommend staying here - one can definitely find a better hotel in London.

Great place, amazing staff and great location, what else u need? A bar maybe? Well there is one just down stairs to ur room with nice collection of beers!!!!!

• 29th Nov 2015

It was a nice stay, but I have hoped that there were more people who spend time in the Pub to meet some new people. The temperature in the 24 Bedroom was a little bit cold but the blanket was so good so it wasn't a problem at all.

• 19th Nov 2015

a member of staff was not very friendly to me as I was leaving

• 15th Nov 2015

The location is pretty good. It's close to the Victoria train station and a short walk to major attractions. The pub was empty the nights we were here. All the staff was nice that we talked to. Worth the stay if your looking for a basic hostel that's relatively cheap.

• 14th Nov 2015

This hostel is great! It's a bit of a ways away from the major sights but the walk isn't too long. It's in a quieter area so the hustle and bustle won't keep you up. As for the rooms, we stayed in a 12 bed mixed room. To get in you had to go through the pub and past two security doors with pin codes, so I'd say it was pretty safe. the pub underneath is awesome! You get 10% discount for staying, the beer is great and the food is delicious. Plus the free breakfast in the mornin is simple but good.

• 14th Nov 2015

I liked this hostel - the bar downstairs was good & people were very friendly. The only issue was that bathroom, it flooded every morning we were there & there were little brown things floating around which really grossed me out. That room needs some serious fixing because it was nasty. Also I took a shower but didn't have shower shoes - the rest of the day my feet felt like they were on fire & really itchy - not fun. Everything else was good though.

• 13th Nov 2015

The dorm was not very clean, especially the bed. The same for the shower room and the toilet, but in general the price was great for the location.

• 12th Nov 2015

There was some really sexy cleaning Ladies. Good bar staff. They just need to start cooking full English breakfasts to make it like a hostel made by Carlsburg.

lovely location right next to Victoria so no long walks to finally put my feet up. A lovely feel to the place with a wide selection of foods and drinks which I will indulge in next time. Friendly staff, the receptionist cléo was very helpful and catered to my needs when asked. overall 10/10. looking forward to a return vist.

• 5th Nov 2015

Very well located, awesome staff, there is a pub, super cheap.

The staff was amazing and the location was superb. In overall i enjoyed myself here, one thing I would try to fix is that the showers / bathrooms are always wet. This could easily be solved by adding bathroom mats. I would definitely stay here again.

It's totally fine if you just need a cheap bed for the night. Staff mainly massively unhelpful though, know nothing about the area and one of them actually laughed at us at the notion of checking out, "Uhh, you just leave!". Breakfast is.. well, you get what you pay for!!