PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Very close to Victoria station. So many beds in the room that it was quite noisy. Very clean. Good security.

• 8th Jun 2015

Thanks for your nice words! We are glad you had a great time! Happy travels!

Easy procedures. Quite friendly staff. Good enough beds. Not all showers working all the time so some queueing for these. Wi-Fi is average.

• 7th Jun 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate all the thoughts of our guests and we need them to improve! All showers are fixed and up and running! Also, we had a WIFI update so that should be a lot better now :) Take care and happy travels!

Its such a nice venue I think you deserve to have nicer carpets and cleaner looking toilets and showers . I would have appreciated to draw the curtain across the whole window in my room,as the light was shining in my eyes all night and the daylight from 4.30am. 3 storeys on the bunks is too much for me and even younger ladies were not able to climb up there. Maybe young men only on top bunks? Top Hunks in the Top Bunks? You could include orange juice or a fruit in the breakfast.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Hi there, thanks for leaving us comments! We need your thoughts to improve, so thanks for letting us know. I will definitely look into it and see what is reachable in a short period of time. Hopefully we can meet again soon. ps. amazing quote!

It's quite pretty from the outside of the building and the pub is nice downstairs. I had good experiences with the staff members. I was quite disappointed with the toilet and shower situation. I stayed in a room with 24 other guests and the bathroom next to our room only had one or two working showers and 2 toilets that I noticed. I went to check upstairs for more facilities however the lights in the upstairs washroom were not working and the water in the one shower was extremely hot.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thanks for your review! The showers and toilets are all fixed and up and running. Hopefully we meet you again next time you're in London!

Staff was friendly, beds are fine. Is kind of crowdy, but if you don't mind that is good. Could be tidier, but is better than most (you will probably see a bug or two). Will recommend it mostly because of the location, 5 min walking to Victoria Coach!

Thanks for your review! Good to read you had a great overall stay with us. I will look into the cleaning of the room to see how we can improve! Thanks again and take care.

The staff was friendly and helpful. WiFi didn't work too well in rooms but much better in the pub. Fellow travelers were friendly too.

Good to read you had a good stay with us! It's always good to see travellers meeting other travellers and making memories together. We recently upgraded our WIFI so it should be better now! Hopefully we can meet again!

I was in a small room with 9 (nine) beds. It was a room for 4 beds, maximun. I haven´t seen something worst yet The staff excellent Thank you

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are always trying to improve our hostel for the sake of our future guests. I will take your comment with me to improve in the near future! Good to read the staff was amazing to you, that's what we're aiming for! Take care.

Great hostel, very clean and friendly staff with a bar just down stairs.

Thanks for your amazing words! Hopefully we can meet again! Safe travels

The reception was so disorganized. They were far more focused on running the bar than checking me in. They didn't have a bed assigned to me, but took them three times to assign me to a bed that didn't have someone in it (which involved me going up and finding someone in my bed). Nonetheless, when I came back that night, there was someone sleeping in my bed, so I had to change rooms again. There was a fire alarm 4AM-11. I woke up to knives next to my bed. Bathrooms were gross. Disgusting hostel.

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's a shame you had this experience with us. It's certainly not the way we normally work and I will follow this up so this won't happen again. Hostel guests are always are number one priority! I trust you went to see one of our staff members about the things you mentioned as they are always there to solve problems and to make sure you are having a great time with us. Take care

Nice Staff Excellent Burger and beer

Thank you! Don't forget our Gins either!! Take care!

Great location and a friendly staff. I would highly recommend staying here while in London.

Thank you so much! We would love to see you again! Safe travels!

This hostel was only so-so. The wifi did not work on any device, for any person, at any time (and I talked with at least 7 people). The lockers in the rooms are only big enough to hold valuables, and even then seemed pretty weak and questionable. There was a massive shortage of outlets, so charging phones was a battle. Finally, security was mehhh, because the doors are secured by codes that are only changed once a week. Overall, I'm not sure that I would stay here again.

The triple beds are like sleeping in the berth of a ship. Only for tiny people.

Hello! Thanks for leaving the review! Good to see you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately we can't change the bed situation straight away, but I will take it with me for the future :) Take care!

Only found two toilets that worked. Shower had yellow smelly curtain. Triple bunk beds were very shakey. Pub was nice but too dark so guests weren't interactinginteracting. Turn up the lights. Storage wasn't that see if every guest could access everyone's bags in that common storage down stairs. Other hostels have the staff onlybe able to access that room. The door also didnt close all the way all the time. Location was way too far from anything interesting. Paid too much for accomodations

• 1st May 2015

Hello there! I want to apologize for your experience with us. The shower curtain is changed for a fresh new one! We like to have our little bar a bit darker as we can put candles in the bar and make it warm and cosy. The lights in our big bar are a bit brighter for the people who prefer a bit of a brighter light. Our code for the luggage gets change really often for safety! We think we have a great location. A lot of the main attractions are close to us, like Buckingham Palace! Safe travels!

Staff were lovely and location was great! We did not expect triple bunk beds (rough sleep) and there was only two outlets in a room for 10 people.. The bathrooms were clean (use the communal shower/bathroom, not the individual ones). Overall a good stay for the price!

Very nice hostel located in a street full of nihgt life and very near the Pantheon and therefore of the main sightseeings, the rooms and restrooms were clean, I like this place because is in an old building so it represents europe as you imagine it, specially the basement where the kitchen and a common area are located, feels like an old castle, overall is very good and wifi everywhere, friendly staff and if you decide to stay there you should check on their webpage... you may get a free beer :)

Hey, sounds like your "trip" was quite good. Thank youy so much for the kind words.

Had an awful time at this hostel; bunk beds stacked 3 beds high in tiny rooms - if anybody moves or rolls over the whole structure shakes. No privacy at all, plus an ancient unlock key system so all night you can hear people trying to get in (usually takes a couple times to figure out how to open the door). As if that wasn't bad enough, the staff were practicing music in the staff room. Stayed for several days, got very little sleep here, much worse than other hostels we've stayed in.

• 12th Apr 2015

Hello there, Thanks for your review! I'm sad to read our hostel didn't reach your expectations. It's a new thing for us that you were not able to catch a lot of sleep. As you can understand, we need our lock system to make sure our guest feel and are secured and safe. We explain during the check in talk now how to open the door, so hopefully that improves the sleep for our future guests. Also, we provide ear plugs now at the reception!

Excellent location just a short walk from Victoria Station which makes catching coaches & trains the next day easy. They have a fantastic burger menu and a nice snack menu once the kitchen has closed, though lots of this was unavailable when I was there. The 24 hour bar is amazing! Will definitely stay here again.

Hello! Great to hear you had a great time at our hostel! Our burgers are amazing and how good is the guest discount you get on all the food and drinks you order at the bar?! Amazing that you made use of our great central location! Hopefully we see you soon! Take care and thanks again!

The hostel is one of the dirtiest ever, mold in it, blocked toilets, most showers working bad and some sinks had just hot water. The atmosphere at the pub wnot as expected, none wanted to chat, just using laptops or phones. Phone left 5 seconds in the pub has been stolen. Staff seems to overwork (same person between 8 pm to 9 am) and this is unacceptable as we know the situation in London. However, the location is great (everything is reachable walking) and the price is low enough.

• 5th Apr 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review! First of all we are glad you made the most of our great central location! It's a shame you had this experience in the bar while staying with us. Normally our bar is a great spot where a lot of hostel guests meet other travellers and have a couple of beers together and share stories! We trust you went to see one of our lovely reception staff about the problems above as they sort it straight away for you if it's in their power! Take care!

If you want somewhere central (5 mins from coach station) to sleep that is cheap then it is ideal. Showers are hot water and door locks work. Bit chaotic as some showers being refurbished but workmen helpful. Cereal, coffee and toast all included in the mornings too which was a nice surprise. Those people who could be bothered to look up from their devices were friendly although bar staff sometime struggle with english.

• 30th Mar 2015

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, we really appreciate it. Good to read you had a good stay with us! As we are constantly improving our hostel, we need workman to fix some things for the benefit of our future guests, and hopefully they weren't too much in your way. Hopefully we will meet you again. All the best!