PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

It's totally fine if you just need a cheap bed for the night. Staff mainly massively unhelpful though, know nothing about the area and one of them actually laughed at us at the notion of checking out, "Uhh, you just leave!". Breakfast is.. well, you get what you pay for!!

Location plus point but not very nice hostel no kitchen and washing machine no cleanness beds lenin ok I stayed better places for the same value of money.

Pros: great staff, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, lovely restaurant, near Victoria station, walking distance to Hyde park, nice lounge Cons: bathrooms were disgusting and one was broken. There's only 4 showers for the whole hostel ( one was broken). There's no kitchen or microwave, the staff was lovely but it felt like the hostel was a second business and they were more dedicated to the restaurant. Not enough to outlets and wifi dropped a lot.

its a good hostel very good breakfast and location good for bus/train

2 out of 3 showers were broken in one of the mornings I stayed in the hostel. However, the did try to fix them as soon as possible. The bathroom was not the best one in general but otherwise I liked the hostel. The pub downstairs is cute and breakfast was basic hostel breakfast.

This place was dirty. I can do dirty usually, I'm a traveler. I camp, I've slept in some dodgy place but other than the downstairs bar area, this place was too dirty. The floor in the room was disgusting and full of hair. I was in room 1 bed 11 i think, just the heater next to my bed had an old dirty dried sock that clearly wasn't anyones in the room currently. For almost $40 a night on a Saturday night I expect much better than this. Also there was really unhelpful staff manager 7pm sunday

The hostel is centrally located with less than ten minutes to an array of shopping, restaurants, and public transport. Unfortunately, it rates very poor on security. I have seen staff allow a person to enter the premises to "look" for a friend. I also had a cellular phone stolen during my stay. Although, much of that can be blamed on me being too trusting. The staff member on duty was no help. The cleaning staff did the best they can, and cannot be blamed for the condition after hours.

The bunkbed from the person above me broke down, i got hit by two falling planks in the middle of the night.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Nice location. Dirty bathroom. Plumbing needed for one of the showers. Overall good value for money.

Decent place to stay. Bathrooms were kept clean and the location was central. The atmosphere was meh and the wifi did not work at all.

Great location for easy transport links, great selection of drinks and food. Comfy common area and a great little breakfast for the morning. I always use Pub Love for my overnight stays passing through London.

• 20th Oct 2015

Worst hostel Iv ever stayed in!! We've been travelling for 4 months and this was the worst hostel we have stayed in the whole trip! The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting, the shower was literally no more than a trickle. Rooms were cramped and clearly hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner I'm a long time! Staff were not very friendly or helpful. Did not feel secure at all - anyone could come and go in the bag storage room. Would never recommend this place! Price wasn't even very good either

It was awesome location and great place. If I were to give critique I would suggest upping the price a tiny bit and giving people the use of towels and adding a lounge were travellers only can mingle.

• 19th Oct 2015

Had some very average experiences with staff here, but some good to be fair. Seemed to always be cleaners around, but the place was always a mess. Good security and relatively close to Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station.

Everything was great. My only complain is that the shower in the upper floor barely had pressure so almost no water came out of it. I only gave security a medium score because, although they use a pincode system, which works well, the place to leave the bags was a common room in the basement where everyone in the hostel has access to everyone's bags. However, the people were really nice and no one touched what wasn't theirs.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Friendly approachable staff, comfortable stay and great burgars

Great location, close to Vicotria Station and a nice pub. Two things I definitely didn't like: high rotation of people over night makes you unable to sleep at all; secondly when ordered chips they were served in the used glass, after finding used tissue at the bottom of the glass. Even though I didn't complained about it I've got second thoughts now.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Poland

The shower barely worked and the bunk beds were three tiered. Would not stay again

The location is amazing & the hostel looks really nice from outside. But what I´d like to have is a neutral area where people can stay & relax WITHOUT ordering something. And it would be really nice to have access to a kitchen so you can prepare food at night for example. The rooms are full of beds, so you don´t have that much space to move around and the breakfast is very simple but I still would go back because the price and location! But you can ONLY (!) book online and NOT at the reception!

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Austria

Great opportunity for make friend.

• 4th Oct 2015