PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Worse experience ever. After my friend and I pre-booked our beds, we came in late from a night out to find people sleeping in our beds because they overbooked. They did nothing to compensate for it were rude about it, and we ended up having to share the last bed left in the hostel without getting any money back. It was all older men and women, the breakfast was cereal and toast. Overall they had terrible customer service. I'd never stay there again, and would never recommend it.

• 14th Mar 2015

Hello there, Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review. I want to apologize for the way things got handled during your stay. It is certainly not the way it should be dealt with, and I will follow this up with the staff to make sure this won't happen again. We improved our free continental breakfast and added 3 types of cereal and 4 different flavours of jam. I hope your stay didn't affect your time in London and hopefully you made use of our great central location!

Good reception, good rooms and great location. You can go walking to the Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and etc, and its also close the Victoria Station. The pub is neat but very calm and was a little bit empty at the days I was there. Negative points are taken (only in the English standard ) and the limited breakfast time ( from 07 to 09) . They make quite disclosure of pub burgers , but when we got back to the hostel for dinner , 22:00 , informed us that the kitchen closes 21: 00hs .

hello there! Thanks for such a balanced review! It's great to read what we are doing well, but we also like to see our negative points for the benefit of our future guests. Our location is amazing indeed, we love it! We have 24 hour food going on, so there's always something to snack on. Our main menu runs from 12hr/15hr - 17hr/21hr and before, during and after our main menu, we still have our amazing snack menu which include some great pizzas, chicken wings and many more. Safe Travels!

No privacy curtains in the bed and power sockets are lacking. The beds have no individual lights plus I was given a bed that had a used duvet and pillow.

Hello! We appreciate your recommendations about individual lights and privacy curtains! That sounds awesome, but unfortunately this is not something we can change straight away. But perhaps in the near future we can say we do have these great additions to our hostel! We trust you talked to our staff about your bed situation, they go upstairs and change it for you straight away. Safe travels and hopefully we can meet again in the future!

improved'd better clean up the luggage compartment, and the impossibility of saving money. take cooking more choice. otherwise great music in the pub.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

White Ferry has always been a kind of nostalgical spot for me. This time, however, I noticed some aspects in which it has gone worse since my last visit: 1) Showers did not work (we tried two floors with the same result :() 2) Breakfast was poor really (the last time at least bread, butter and jam were included) Nevertheless, I hope this was just an exemption of what I've been used to and the next time I am coming here everything is alright again!

Really good. Except from when checking in. The system was wrong and showed that I was staying for a day less than I was. The problem was sorted once I got my confirmation out. Still, not the best in that aspect. All others were good

The location and staff were fine, but the state of the dorms and bathrooms were disgusting. There was water and urine all over the toilet and shower room floors, mould running up the walls in the dorms and a hole in the toilet wall. The bed linen was clean though.

• 7th Feb 2015