PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

the room was too noisy without double glazy windows 。

• 26th Sep 2015
  • China

Need new cleaning staff about 4 of us in the dorm where ill...

• 25th Sep 2015

As I stayed in the hostel only to sleep, I don't have much to complain about it, but the bathrooms and toilets could be much better.

• 23rd Sep 2015

The baths were very poor and not very clean. They didn't seemed to have enough service at breakfast for a full hostel. The servi e wasn't that helpful. the beds were clean and the room tidy but the lockers way too small.

Thought the 10% off on food and drink for residents was nice although the food was still expensive. Staff helpful. Would recommend.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Dunno why but seemed i cant find the pantry?

What made this was the amazing people I met. Staff could have been nicer. One group they stopped serving at 11pm at the bar cause he got offended or something. The staff was kind of rude and the showers flood. One of the bathroom lights wasn't working and you're not allowed food upstairs but there's no where to store the cold food you brought so sneak it up and eat it. Lockers are very small and some of the bunk beds are broken so I almost fell through one night

Lovely hostel located 4 minutes away from Victoria station. Definitely a good hostel to spend few nights with a vibrant pub right downstairs.

Thanks for your lovely words! Hopefully we can meet again!

Toilet areas could be maintained throughout rather than once a day in the mornings, especially with so many people (9 people per room!) using the facilities. I encountered three different toilets overflowing/full/dirty/disgusting. Designated private dressing room/s or areas would help during peak bathroom hours (morning, nights) so that people don't have to struggle in bed to get dressed.GET EXTENSION CORDS FOR THOSE SLEEPING IN MIDDLE/TOP BUNK BEDS HAVE ACCESS TO CHARGE THEIR DEVICES!

• 17th Sep 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review. I will take your comments for future improvements! Happy travels

Staff were so friendly which is surprising for london. So many beds in the hostel it was hard to sleep but its so close to the station its perfect for a night or two. Easy to meet people for solo travelers too!

Thanks for your lovely words! We are all travellers and we have all stayed in hostels before, so we know what it's like to deliver good customer service. Please come and say hi next time you're around!

Great hostel located at a bar. Only issue was Victoria is a little ways away from West Minister and all major tourist areas - at least 2 miles away (hour walk on average). It is a walking distance to the train station, though, but if you're looking to be closer to West Minister, I'd find another - keep in mind rates does go up closer to West Minister. The staff is fantastic, and I do highly recommend if you're looking for a cheap place and don't mind a nice walk.

Thanks for leaving us a review. We are actually really close to major attractions. Westminster is only about a 30 minute walk from us, same as Buckingham palace! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we will meet soon!

That a nice place.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thanks so much! Hopefully we meet again.

The location of the hostel is perfect and the pub is perfect, too. Everyone should try the burger they are excellent! Sometimes the hostel especially the bathrooms were a bit dirty they should clean them more than once a day. After they cleaned them it was perfect clean but some people made it super dirty. The breakfast is quiet simple but alright (a bit too early for me) All in all its a really good located Hostel.

Thanks for your words! We are always wanting to improve our hostel and we can't do that without some feedback so thanks again! We are really glad you enjoyed our burgers, we are all a massive fan of them, we can't stop eating them. We currently have changed our cleaning company and we can already see massive improvements! Hopefully we meet again in the future. Happy travels

Overall I enjoyed my experience at The White Ferry. The beds were more comfortable than expected and the bedroom was kept pretty tidy. The bathroom was clean enough but was well-used. The staff worked hard to keep things in order for the amount of people visiting. Food at the pub was overall very good though I didn't enjoy the beer selection much.

• 10th Sep 2015

Thanks so much! We are happy you had a good stay with us! Please come and say hi next time you're in London!

The biggest problem was the dirty bathroom.

A little apprehensive about a 24 bed mixed dorm but everyone was very quite, respectful and the place was super clean so I'm glad I went. Didn't use the showers so can't comment but the toilets were clean. Breakfast was all I needed though a little soya milk would have been a plus as I don't drink milk but the water was good enough!

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Finland

Thanks for your kind words, we would love to have you around again! PS. we have also now added orange juice to our breakfast ;)

I checked in late and did not turn on the lights. The duvet was bunched up in the top bunk, but I'd expected everything to be fresh since they assigned the bed. I left early while it was still dark in the room and again returned late. On the 2nd and final morning, I saw that the pillow and duvet covers were soiled with MUDDY BROWN AND BLACK STAINS!!! I stripped them off and wish the next guy luck. Did not inform staff since they also didn't care about the broken hairdryer that took my money.

HI there, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am truly sorry to hear that your bed wasn't up to our standards. We have a hard working housekeeping team, who are changing beds every day and perhaps they missed on one. Please in the future mention this to our staff as they are trained to make your bed in minutes, so you would have a fresh made bed. Happy travels.

Whole stay was really great except one thing. Was on the top of a triple bunk and it was terrible. Rocked heavily from side to side any time someone got in the beds. Slats kept falling out from underneath all the beds. Didn't feel safe in this bed at all. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Didn't use the wifi or pub facilities

• 8th Sep 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review! We have stabilized all beds and have repaired all the slats. We are currently going through a refurbishment so hopefully we can meet you again in the future!

Good atmosphere, great bedding, convenient location and opening hours.

Thanks so much! Hopefully we meet again in the future!

What a joke for a hostel. All the bookings are hand written, no key cards, which caused multiple issues. Bed was unmade, not apologetic. Bathrooms were filthy even after being "cleaned" and showers were only a dribble. Beds were triple bunks and creaky as hell. Staff arrogant and not very good at English. No atmosphere, mainly just creepy old men. Very surprised to not see a whole lot of negative reviews. Wouldn't pay more than £1 for the place

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review. I'm sorry you felt letting down by us. Our bookings are in our bookings system, but we do write the details of our guests on a check in sheet, in our experience this works better for us. I'm sorry that your bed wasn't made, that is very unusual, and I will make sure our Housekeeping team will be on top of that and the cleanliness. I do trust you went to see our staff as we are all trained in making your bed in no-time. Again my apologies and take care.