PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

This is the perfect place to stay if you're going in and out of Victoria early or late since it's so close. But it's also an easy walk into city centre, a long walk but a nice one.

The dorm was massive, with around 40 people in a room. Overpriced. Location was good though.

Staff were brilliant, 24hr bar and great pizza! Few minutes from Victoria Bus Station. Showers basic and small lockers only but good value for money.

Unfortunately one shower in the bathroom near my room was out of order and the other shower had water gurgling from the drain, which was gross. I got in after dark when people were sleeping so I didn't realize until the morning that the drapes around the room were all open so it was super bright and I was unable to sleep in like I'd hoped after a long flight the day before.

• 29th Oct 2014

Shower booths are mixed with toilets. Small number of showers (one was out of order) - no chance to have a shower in the morning as the queue is too long. Tiny lockers in the rooms good for tiny things but not for bags.

Stayed at The White Ferry a few times already.The location is good not far from Victoria station.It's clean although bathrooms could be cleaner.Staff is nice.Just often a bit loud at night if you're in a dorm room because of other guests being noisy.

A very nice hostel with helpful friendly staff..will return again..would have liked a womens dorm and a kitchen!!!!!

This hostel is in a good location and the staff were very friendly. But the way the hostel is set up is difficult because there is no area for travellers to hang out. You can sit in the pub downstairs but it's a working pub with customers so feels awkward. Also no kitchen. The room was ridiculously small for 12 beds. The location is great, security great. Just add a room with couches!

no kitchen was alright, but after many times asked for water the bar staff looks not very happy. shower-room had too many mold.

The baths were awfull !

24hr bar for residents meant that the beds weren't even used before we disappeared to the airport. Value for moneybags good location though

I've stayed before and i'll probably come back again.

Fresh was a great place to stay if you have an early bus out. It's a 10 minute walk to the Victoria Coach Station. The pub downstairs has great atmosphere & decent food. The rooms are nice and large with high ceilings, so there are triple bunk beds. The coded doors are a bit of a hassle, but great security. Only problem I found was with the top floor shower, it never got hot and the shower head holder was broken. The showers on the 2nd floor are great though! Thanks!

Brilliant! Has a pub that serves food

Very nice little bar, with great music.

This is a very basic hostel in an excellent location. You do share a dorm (and a bathroom) with a lot of other people, but while I was there everybody was very courteous and respectful so it wasn't an issue. The rooms and beds were clean, breakfast was included and you get money off dinner in the pub downstairs. The beds are triple bunks, and the top one is very high. If you are not happy sleeping so far off the floor (or you sleepwalk!) then you should say so on the booking form

If you want something cheap and well located this is perfect. It is nothing fancy and the fiirst place ever, where I had three bunk beds above each other, but it wasnt too bad. Its nice that the breakfast is already included- the only problem is that there are too few showers for too many people.

It was more than I expected for the price and I felt very well, the only negative aspect to point out was that I was given a bunk bed in the middle (there were 3 levels in each) and it was too high, difficult to come into and out of and the worst was, and I was really worried about it THAT IT DID NOT HAVE A SIDE, so I couldn t really sleep because I was scared of falling off. THE SECOND BED IS TOO HIGH TO BE WITHOUT SIDE! AND IT IS DANGEROUS TO FALL OFF DURING THE SLEEP. THIS IS ALL.

Everything I expected for such a good price, I have seen worse breakfasts for more money before! on the downside I would prefer a self catering kitchen and free lockers if I was going to stay more long term.

Excellent burgers! Like, really really good! Met some great people staying at the hostel and we had bunch of fun at the bar. The hostel is missing a chill area with sofas, TV, etc. for when sitting at the bar isn't your thing. Highly recommend using Rent a cycle to bike to and from the center. It's more fun, cheaper than the tube and takes just few minutes.

• 24th Sep 2014