PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

A nice hostel in a pretty good location with a helpful staff. Really enjoyed staying there.

Location is very good, have bus stop C10 in front the hostel,nearby coach station,good simple breakfast .staff very helpful and friendly😜

Good location close to Victoria station, very nice atmosphere, clean showers the only disadvantage are the beds: 3 layers of beds and NOT stable at all. I slept on the top bed and didn't feel safe climbing up. When the person below me would move just a little bit the bed would shake. too bad because I was very happy with all the rest.

I really liked staying here. The staff were really nice and the bed was really comfortable. It was just fine for me for an overnight stay returning from the airport, but because there isn't any cooking facilities it might be difficult if you stay here longer. Breakfast was simple, but filled a gap!

• 27th Jan 2014

The worst was: 1. The hostel didn't have any living room or place to hang out, other than the pub. 2. And most important: The italian guy from the staff was VERY NICE, but the one that was from 18/1 at night to 19/1 at morning, was so rude. During breakfast time, he started cleaning up, and not allowing costumers to get anything else before 8.50 when it's supposed to end at 9. Also he started VACUUMING BETWEEN OUR FEET and cleaning our table while we were finishing our breakfast,

For breakfast, we were not allowed one minute late or so, starting tidying up and cleaning even though we were still eating. Not enough sinks for 2 rooms of 12 beds (only 2).

It would be much better if the hostel had a kitchen (it used to have one wich was perfect). It is very cold in the winter, it is not a real problem in the bedroom but in the bathrooms and shower it is quite horrible.

• 16th Jan 2014

Great location,just 5 min walk from central train/coach station!Very convenient!Also nice real old English pub inside.

I quite liked the place, it was close to the places I wanted to visit and had quite a nice atmosphere. Only thing that made me mad is that I missed the quiz Thursday thingy, but that was my fault!

The only good thing about this hostel is the price and location. The "free-wifi" is actually public and dont work properly at the hostel. They dont have a kitchen, some people in staff is not very helpfull

On the whole I had a great experience. Mostly friendly staff, OK breakfast (even though 9am is too early for a hostel breakfast to end), nice beds. Value for money! A few, very easy solutions for an even better experience: Mirror and clothes hooks in the room! Some floor lamps around the room in add. to the one(!) in the ceiling (maybe even a light by each bed). On a grander scale the whole building needs new windows (that actually seal tight), mildew removed and some fresh paint.

Nice hostel to stay the night, not much to do though. Very close to Victoria Station and is in a walking distance from points of interest like Westminster.

Arrived late from the Victoria Coach station, and the hostel was a short 5-10 minute walk away. Rooms were clean, but there werent any lockers in the room. Only stayed for a night and left the next morning.

A cheap place to stay. Crowded, impersonal dorms that I wouldn't want to spend many nights in. Light tends to stay on for hours into the night. The dorms are located upstairs in the pub, with the eating area downstairs. After getting myself a curry and bringing it back to the hostel, I was informed that I wasn't allowed to eat it, however the gentleman behind the bar said that I was able to just that once.

It was nice and big. Locals came into the bar so it kept the place lively. The food was good and the metro/bus station wasn't so far away.

Staff don't give much attention and not very friendly. Breakfast time very restricted. Bad wifi. Policy of no food or drinks in the hostel is really bad for people that can't spend a lot of money. There is no place to eat the food bought in the market.

It was ok for a couple of nights. Nothing for more than that though. The showers and bedroom walls were a bit mouldy.

, ,Location is not good especially you have lots of heavy luggage. it took me about 40 minutes to get there but if you know the right direction, from Victoria station it takes 15-20 minutes. There's no heating system which means you will be freezed in winter and showrs... you can't not control the temperature or you can not control the water pressure. And the toilets are too dirty. And the staff are not that kind. theydon't smile at all. Anyway, it's just a budget hostel.

The bed was comfortable and clean, which is very welcome after a long journey. I think there might be a problem with the plumbing, as the showers didn't work properly, but were still nonetheless able to get me clean. I'd stay there again because I know it and it's convenient for Victoria coach station. It's very reasonably priced so I wouldn't expect top-notch accommodation. For consummate travellers, it's fine.

There is some bad smell in the stairs

• 14th Dec 2013