PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

The hostel is one of the dirtiest ever, mold in it, blocked toilets, most showers working bad and some sinks had just hot water. The atmosphere at the pub wnot as expected, none wanted to chat, just using laptops or phones. Phone left 5 seconds in the pub has been stolen. Staff seems to overwork (same person between 8 pm to 9 am) and this is unacceptable as we know the situation in London. However, the location is great (everything is reachable walking) and the price is low enough.

• 5th Apr 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review! First of all we are glad you made the most of our great central location! It's a shame you had this experience in the bar while staying with us. Normally our bar is a great spot where a lot of hostel guests meet other travellers and have a couple of beers together and share stories! We trust you went to see one of our lovely reception staff about the problems above as they sort it straight away for you if it's in their power! Take care!

If you want somewhere central (5 mins from coach station) to sleep that is cheap then it is ideal. Showers are hot water and door locks work. Bit chaotic as some showers being refurbished but workmen helpful. Cereal, coffee and toast all included in the mornings too which was a nice surprise. Those people who could be bothered to look up from their devices were friendly although bar staff sometime struggle with english.

• 30th Mar 2015

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, we really appreciate it. Good to read you had a good stay with us! As we are constantly improving our hostel, we need workman to fix some things for the benefit of our future guests, and hopefully they weren't too much in your way. Hopefully we will meet you again. All the best!

Worse experience ever. After my friend and I pre-booked our beds, we came in late from a night out to find people sleeping in our beds because they overbooked. They did nothing to compensate for it were rude about it, and we ended up having to share the last bed left in the hostel without getting any money back. It was all older men and women, the breakfast was cereal and toast. Overall they had terrible customer service. I'd never stay there again, and would never recommend it.

• 14th Mar 2015

Hello there, Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review. I want to apologize for the way things got handled during your stay. It is certainly not the way it should be dealt with, and I will follow this up with the staff to make sure this won't happen again. We improved our free continental breakfast and added 3 types of cereal and 4 different flavours of jam. I hope your stay didn't affect your time in London and hopefully you made use of our great central location!

Good reception, good rooms and great location. You can go walking to the Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and etc, and its also close the Victoria Station. The pub is neat but very calm and was a little bit empty at the days I was there. Negative points are taken (only in the English standard ) and the limited breakfast time ( from 07 to 09) . They make quite disclosure of pub burgers , but when we got back to the hostel for dinner , 22:00 , informed us that the kitchen closes 21: 00hs .

hello there! Thanks for such a balanced review! It's great to read what we are doing well, but we also like to see our negative points for the benefit of our future guests. Our location is amazing indeed, we love it! We have 24 hour food going on, so there's always something to snack on. Our main menu runs from 12hr/15hr - 17hr/21hr and before, during and after our main menu, we still have our amazing snack menu which include some great pizzas, chicken wings and many more. Safe Travels!

No privacy curtains in the bed and power sockets are lacking. The beds have no individual lights plus I was given a bed that had a used duvet and pillow.

Hello! We appreciate your recommendations about individual lights and privacy curtains! That sounds awesome, but unfortunately this is not something we can change straight away. But perhaps in the near future we can say we do have these great additions to our hostel! We trust you talked to our staff about your bed situation, they go upstairs and change it for you straight away. Safe travels and hopefully we can meet again in the future!

improved'd better clean up the luggage compartment, and the impossibility of saving money. take cooking more choice. otherwise great music in the pub.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

White Ferry has always been a kind of nostalgical spot for me. This time, however, I noticed some aspects in which it has gone worse since my last visit: 1) Showers did not work (we tried two floors with the same result :() 2) Breakfast was poor really (the last time at least bread, butter and jam were included) Nevertheless, I hope this was just an exemption of what I've been used to and the next time I am coming here everything is alright again!

Really good. Except from when checking in. The system was wrong and showed that I was staying for a day less than I was. The problem was sorted once I got my confirmation out. Still, not the best in that aspect. All others were good

The location and staff were fine, but the state of the dorms and bathrooms were disgusting. There was water and urine all over the toilet and shower room floors, mould running up the walls in the dorms and a hole in the toilet wall. The bed linen was clean though.

• 7th Feb 2015

good hostel, big rooms and bathrooms. prefect for me as i was only stopping for one night on a lay over but probably wouldn't stay there for more than two nights.

Showers cold and not enough of them for everybody but quite okay for the rest for students

Bathrooms were dirty and not enough privacy. Rooms had a fair bit of room but only small lockers to store a couple of valuables. There's no common room and you can't eat or drink in the room so there was no option for that. It was an okay place to stay, close to Victoria station which was good.

good all round place,the only thing lacking was a hangout room.the room we had breakfast in should be kept closed for guests till evening!!will defo go again-ta

The breakfast is too early and the cheek out as well, I'd never never seen a cheek out so early!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Hi there, Good to see you were having a good time with us. Check out is at 10.30 and we do provide a late checkout till 1PM for an additional £3. Hope we can meet again!

The only one uncomfortable thing is there're only 1 heater per room. It's quite cold.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Hi there, Thanks for your amazing rating! I will take this comment with me for coming winter to see what we can do about the temperature. Hopefully we meet again! Take care.

This hostel was nothing like I was expecting. The atmosphere was terrible. No one wanted to talk to their roommates and the bar was filled with people using computers and reading. They didn't have any events or any real space for people to hang out. My boyfriend had his laptop stolen and the staff really seemed to care less. They had him fill out a form but when he asked about it later they nonchalantly said "no one came forward with any information". dirty in the bathrooms and mold in the rooms

• 22nd Dec 2014

Hello there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's such a shame you had to experience your stay like this. Normally the bar is such a great place to meet other guests and to share stories while enjoying a beer and burger. We have our quiz night every Thursday night where guests team up and play for a £30 bar tab. I am sorry about the way things got handled with your laptop situation. This is certainly not the way it should be dealt with and I will follow this up. Take care!

I only stayed one night and pretty much slept there, however, when I returned in the evening, the pub was very cosy. The only negative I have is that there was no hot water from the taps and in December, the water was freezing. There was hot water in the morning for a shower though.

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review. We always want to improve for the benefit of our future guests. I'm sorry for the water problem, we had someone looking at it and it's all fixed. Hopefully next time you're in London we meet again! Take care!

Good value for money. Good location to Victoria. Facilities are average. Staff are helpful.

• 18th Dec 2014

friendly staff will be going back

• 17th Dec 2014

Good place, great staff specially Nicolao from Italy, nice atmosphere, will sure come back!!

• 17th Dec 2014