PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

The one positive aspect of this hostel are the beds. The staff seemed like they didn't know what they were doing. The beds weren't cleaned when we arrived. The wifi works 20% of the time. If you wanted to bring back a prostitute to your room, you very well could. A guest brought back a drunk local man and proceeded to disturb everyone in the room by the heavy breathing and thumping that was going on. There's 24 hour reception, so the person working should know who's an actual guest and who's not

I'm really sorry about your experience, as you mentioned we have a 24 hour reception, so our night porter is always there and ready to help if there are any problems. It's very unusual for us that the beds weren't made. I do trust you went to see on of our staff members as they are trained to make beds within a couple of minutes. Guests are not allowed to bring anyone upstairs who's not a guest with us but when it happens, I am sure when you told the night porter he dealt with it straight away!

Hi there. I stayed for a night in the hostel and found my experience to be very bad. The glasses from the pub were very dirty. The room had no electric plug to charge my devices. The toilets had no soap to wash my hands in the morning. Except for the good location, overall it wasn't a good experience although the staff was nice.

Hi, thank you for your review. Sorry to hear we didn't reach your expectations we always want our guests to have a great time with us. In every room there are electric plugs available and in the bar downstairs we have multiple sockets there for our hostel guests. Thanks for staying with us and take care :)

It was a good hostel at the heart of London near Victoria's station.

I really loved he publove. the staff is very welcoming, like: Fabio y Maritza. I congratulate them all. I met nice people from different nationalities. I totally reccomend publove. I can't wait to come back there.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Chile

Thank you so much for your kind words! I will make sure I'll pass your nice words onto Fabio! Thanks so, so much and we would love to see you again! Take care!

Good value for money if you consider they also give you a basic buffet breakfast. Bathrooms the weak point, everything else OK.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Bedding was clean, I booked cos it was cheap. Includes free cont b'fast cereals jam toast coffee! I would go back there cos it worth £20 an night & NEAR coach station. Only complaint I washed in luke warm (Not hot) water in Morning.

• 28th Aug 2015

Thanks for your kind words! It does mean a lot to us! I had the Maintenance looking into the water temperature and they adjusted it! Thanks again, take care and hopefully we will see you again!

I was a bit dubious about booking due to previous reviews, but I was really pleasantly surprised! Really quiet (yes even above a pub in central London in a 24bed dorm!!), clean, amazing value for money, really nice fellow hostellers, the shower was good, water pressure & temp fine, and great free breakfast - toast, choice of cereals, and diy tea/coffee/juice! It was all excellent, I would definitely stay there again :)

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you so much for your amazing words! We really hope to meet you again in the future! Take care and safe travels!

I had some problems with the wifi. Apart from that I had a good stay and recommend this hostel. I had stayed at this hostel before and would be happy to stay here again.

Thank you so much! We would love to have you here again!

This place proves that sometimes you should read between the lines with reviews. The staff were fantastic (rushed off their feet) but friendly and caring. The room was fine and clean as were the facilities. The location is outstanding. I will definately come here again I hope. Thanks ever so much guys for a brilliant stay.

Thanks for your amazing words! We had such a blast having you here staying with us! Come back whenever you are in the area!

The beds were extremely comfortable. The best beds I've stayed in at a hostel. Breakfast was only cereal and toast, but free! It would have been nice to have a kitchen for cooking my own food, but the pub downstairs made up for it! Thank You for the stay!

Thank you for your really kind words! We just had all the mattresses replaced and everyone seems to love it! Unfortunately because we are a really old, listed building there is nothing we can do about the guest kitchen comment. To make up for it - like you said - we have our amazing food in the bar and the guest get a discount on all the food and drinks!

We definitely recommend the restaurant that is located in the hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Finland

I only stayed one night, but the bathrooms were grotty and disgusting and the shower barely worked! you get wifi in the rooms though and breakfast so its okay for the amount that you are paying

I use this place as night stop before i go to airports and it has served well for me due to its excellent location and price!! Thanks! Will keep using this hostel!

Massive thank you! We'll see you around!

The premises will surely have to be completely refurbished in the not too distant future. The downstairs toilets are very messy. The door leading to the rooms is rather dangerous! Best have not too much luggage or get help. The codes were not applicable for two other guests. The staff member at night was either not too friendly and the other did not understand too much about the late check out. There should really be a bigger hostel with top facilities within walking distance of coach station

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review! We are planning a refurbishment in the near future, so I will definitely take your comments with me!

My boyfriend and I only stayed for one night. The location was amazing! Walking distance to Buckingham palace and other attractions! Very close to Victoria coach station! Close to shops. The staff were friendly! The wifi connection is next to nothing. They probably shouldn't promote free wifi because it does not work. The beds were comfy. The bathrooms though were disgusting. I had to wait 30 minutes for a shower. Then had to wait again because there was no water. okay hostel for short stay

Thanks for leaving us such a balanced review. We always want to improve and we can't do that without the comments of our guests. We had someone looking at our WiFi and so far no problems! I'm sorry to hear about your shower experience, I will make a note of it and let the maintenance have a look at it. Thanks again and hopefully we will meet again.

Overall it's a good place to stay. The food in the pub itself is actually pretty good. There's bikes really near to the hostel so if you intend on cycling around London this is a good place to stay. Space is limited so apart from the pub itself there's no where else to hang out and socialise but if you're traveling get out of there and make friends!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Good to hear you had a wonderful time in London! We would love to see you again!

Our room was nice and spacious even with 24 people and they changed the door codes during the week and had lockers for smaller valuables. However, the wifi sucked so if that's important to you then I wouldn't suggest it. Also, there's no kitchen for use which is unfortunate in expensive London. Free breakfast though was nice - toast and cereal.

Thank you! We had a look at our wifi and it's all going strong again. We don't have a guest kitchen indeed, therefore we do offer great discounts to our guests so they have some extra money to spent in expensive London! :) Hopefully we can meet you again! Safe travels!

everything was good but secret number to open the door was inconvenient and morning meal was so monotonous

• 15th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

The staff and location are amazing! Had a problem and they fixed it straight away! You really can't beat the location. So close to everything you'd want to do in London. I had to be smart about timing my shower...the shower pressure goes down to a slow drizzle if too many people are showering at the same time. The wifi was good in the lounge but not in the room.

Thanks for your wonderful words about your stay with us! Safe travels and we love to see you again!

Only for 1 night. Near the coach station. Helpful staff, bad facilities.