PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

It was ok for a couple of nights. Nothing for more than that though. The showers and bedroom walls were a bit mouldy.

, ,Location is not good especially you have lots of heavy luggage. it took me about 40 minutes to get there but if you know the right direction, from Victoria station it takes 15-20 minutes. There's no heating system which means you will be freezed in winter and showrs... you can't not control the temperature or you can not control the water pressure. And the toilets are too dirty. And the staff are not that kind. theydon't smile at all. Anyway, it's just a budget hostel.

The bed was comfortable and clean, which is very welcome after a long journey. I think there might be a problem with the plumbing, as the showers didn't work properly, but were still nonetheless able to get me clean. I'd stay there again because I know it and it's convenient for Victoria coach station. It's very reasonably priced so I wouldn't expect top-notch accommodation. For consummate travellers, it's fine.

There is some bad smell in the stairs

• 14th Dec 2013
  • China

Great people in a nice victiorian atmosphere! I felt like home and mostly enjoyed the pub-living room for the hosts. It creates a warm and intimate typical english scene. Then, down the courtains, what's more??!

• 13th Dec 2013

It's location is perfect, you can contact to the Victoria station in 10 minutes by walking. And staffs are really gentle and smart :) I could enjoy a wonderful beer thanks to their coupon that you can get it when I checked-in.

Smallish rooms with 3-level bunk beds so tight, but just there for one night so it was fine. Great price - 9 pounds for week night in a central place in London, very close to Victoria station! Very nice and quiet atmosphere on a Tuesday night, no partyers but cute pub downstairs. Washroom facilities not super clean and should be more sinks. Free breakfast, coupon for 1/2 off drink in the pub and nice staff.

! great hostel, very close to Victoria train/coach stations and charmingly over a pub! Staff very friendly,good atmosphere, clean, Coco Pops for breakfast. Would recommend to all as fantastic value for money

The hostel is nice, clean bathrooms and rooms, also feels very safe and it was quiet at night. Everything was very well organised, staff were nice and I didn't have any problem to find the rooms or to lock my backpack. The 3 bunk bed is not very stable but I guess it's not a big issue.

Booking was easy. The location is great. Staff is great. Rooms were clean. Bathrooms in the MAIN floor needs update. Really small lockers, I could not fit my laptop in there even. The storage room is really open so anyone with the daily code can get in there and take something (I recommend bigger lockers and to locate them in the bedrooms). Breakfast was limited, but food is great, drinks are great. I would go back.

• 24th Nov 2013

Apart from the expensive price of the Hostel which I can overlook due to the fact that it was November and the city it is located in everything else was pretty much excellent .

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Greece

It was very cold in the room.

FRESH was a great choice for London- I thought that this hostel rose above many other hostels I've stayed in. The location is perfect, 10 minutes to the tube/Victoria, and walking distance to the Buckingham/Westminster area. I stayed in the 21 bed dorm, and it wasn't bad for a room that big. It was fairly clean, but there weren't many outlets near the beds. The lockers were in the basement, which was a bit annoying, but otherwise it was great! The pub was nice to have- cute and cozy :)

Picked it coz it was so close to Victoria coach station but it's quite an old building with no elevator so sucks for people (like me) with suitcases having to lug that upstairs, balance it at the top of the stairs as you key in the code a few times coz it doesn't work the first time and then lug it up a few more flights. Dorms were clean though so that's a bonus!

This could be a great hostel but it's not there yet. Location is pretty good; ten minute walk from Victoria Station in a residential area. But the security is just awful. They say that they have locks on the outer door and door to your room - which is true. But the locks are push button ones, not key carded. They give you a scrap of paper with the different codes on them and I saw several of these sheets left around the bar downstairs; anyone could have picked them up and gotten into the rooms.

For the price I paid I would expect nothing more. Free breakfast for all customers is wonderful and when the wrong person was already in my bed the stafff sorted it out with minimal fuss and without having to wake anyone up. The 3 staff I dealt with during my stay were helpful and friendly, the manager in particular was a pleasure. For £14 you can't go wrong.

• 19th Nov 2013

On arrival the staff were helpful. The attitude of the staff remained helpful throughout my stay.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

It seems that nobody care much about cleaninig. Facilities are poor. Our room was too small for 9 beds and with no place to put coats and jackets.

The beds being 3 high were a little more difficult to deal with. We had 3 generations to deal with, ages 20-63. My mom did not feel safe here while myself and daughter did.

The dorms were very clean but the bathrooms were swimming under water, the bathrooms don't seem to be cleaned very often.