PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

For the price I paid I would expect nothing more. Free breakfast for all customers is wonderful and when the wrong person was already in my bed the stafff sorted it out with minimal fuss and without having to wake anyone up. The 3 staff I dealt with during my stay were helpful and friendly, the manager in particular was a pleasure. For £14 you can't go wrong.

• 19th Nov 2013

On arrival the staff were helpful. The attitude of the staff remained helpful throughout my stay.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

It seems that nobody care much about cleaninig. Facilities are poor. Our room was too small for 9 beds and with no place to put coats and jackets.

The beds being 3 high were a little more difficult to deal with. We had 3 generations to deal with, ages 20-63. My mom did not feel safe here while myself and daughter did.

The dorms were very clean but the bathrooms were swimming under water, the bathrooms don't seem to be cleaned very often.

The accomodation was good value for money however there were no lockers in our room which I felt was needed as it was a large room with people coming and going throughout the night (to be expected in hostels). I would have felt much better with lockers to put my stuff into also it would have helped to make the room look cleaner.

• 11th Nov 2013

An overall "average" experience. I was not impressed by the "free luggage" storage room which it makes it very very insecure to leave any stuff in there. The lockers were way to small, impossible to fit a normal size luggage.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Spain

This place is cool as hell & I've been here more than once. The leading light of this White Ferry House is the old English style cosy tavern. Within such a stunning and original Victorian building, it 's just awesome and gets it all. You can feel like if you were in a real old ferry surrounded by cool travellers. The great staff have a key role in this vibe. Smiley, enjoying people & ready to help with absolutely everything. Justine, Julieta, Marisa, Italian boys: WELL DONE & thnx 4 everything!

The white ferry hostel has clean beds, good security but the worst internet connection that I´ve ever seen and very bad water pressure on showers. There is no kitchen and you are not allowed to buy food and bring it to hostel. I would not recommend this hostel for anyone because it´s quite a walking to the main touristic monuments.

What an awful hostel I never add a review after I stay anywhere, but this place absolutely terrible and I've stayed in A LOT of hostels....avoid at all costs

This hostel was amazing! There's a bar downstairs, but I don't drink so I just got a Coca-Cola. There are 2-3 flights of stairs depending on where you get put. The bathroom was clean and always available and the bed (I was in a 12-bed dorm) was really comfortable! There is a free breakfast but I had an early flight so I missed it. Would definitely go back! :)

No kitchen that's a minus for me , so be aware of that when booking !

The staff were lovely. Justine is the manager and she is a total sweetheart. They did everything they could to make your stay enjoyable, including telling us about a free tour of London and correct directions. The beds were very comfortable, and we didn't have an issue while we were there.

• 24th Oct 2013

I am a dual citizen with UK residency. As I did not present a passport at the desk I was refused my booked and paid for accommodation by your staff. On a Friday night - late arriving, a single woman, I was left with no accommodation and the ordacity of your premises to take my money as well. Appalling as I do not carry a passport with me when I travel through the country I have been living in for nearly 3 years!

I always stay at this hostel when I'm in London, it's in such a convenient spot, and with 24 hour reception, can always accommodate me. We had a 24 hour travel day and arrived at the hostel at almost 3am, got checked in and straight to bed. London is getting cold, and my boyfriend said the duvet was like a big warm marshmallow. The bar is nice and the breakfast is super basic but you can eat as much as you like. My only problem is there aren't really enough showers!!

Good Hostel above pub, but lacking a kitchen area to cook own meals

Not really close to the Underground but closer to Victoria Coach Station. Needa walk for 15min to residential area for stores.Or ask at the bar downstairs. Steep stairs and not convenient if you have heavy suitcase. Bathroom and toilets are quite clean. Water power is sometimes too low. Luggage room and lockers are downstairs, not convenient if you need to go there every day. Nothing in the room you can put things on, only bed and mirror. No common area nor kitchen. Few sockets at the bottom.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

A very clean and nice hostel. The only thing that slightly bothered me was that there isn't a guest kitchen there.

The bathrooms are dirty and often clog the drains, dirty water goes up the drains. The time for breakfast is too short. The beds are very noisy.

No lockers in the rooms and no common area or kitcken , a big big (-)