PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Overall it's a good place to stay. The food in the pub itself is actually pretty good. There's bikes really near to the hostel so if you intend on cycling around London this is a good place to stay. Space is limited so apart from the pub itself there's no where else to hang out and socialise but if you're traveling get out of there and make friends!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Good to hear you had a wonderful time in London! We would love to see you again!

Our room was nice and spacious even with 24 people and they changed the door codes during the week and had lockers for smaller valuables. However, the wifi sucked so if that's important to you then I wouldn't suggest it. Also, there's no kitchen for use which is unfortunate in expensive London. Free breakfast though was nice - toast and cereal.

Thank you! We had a look at our wifi and it's all going strong again. We don't have a guest kitchen indeed, therefore we do offer great discounts to our guests so they have some extra money to spent in expensive London! :) Hopefully we can meet you again! Safe travels!

everything was good but secret number to open the door was inconvenient and morning meal was so monotonous

• 15th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

The staff and location are amazing! Had a problem and they fixed it straight away! You really can't beat the location. So close to everything you'd want to do in London. I had to be smart about timing my shower...the shower pressure goes down to a slow drizzle if too many people are showering at the same time. The wifi was good in the lounge but not in the room.

Thanks for your wonderful words about your stay with us! Safe travels and we love to see you again!

Only for 1 night. Near the coach station. Helpful staff, bad facilities.

Good hostel, good pub, only let down is the wifi.

Thanks for leaving us a review. We had a great time having you here and we hopefully will see you in the future!

Beds were comfortable! Was in a room with only 3 bed high bunks. The bed wobbled as I'd climb to the top which was a scary. Was there 2 nights on my own + two nights with someone who flew in so had made 2 separate bookings which I was told was fine how I did it. Was told I could leave my bag in the room just clear off he bed only to come back with my extra person for last 2 nights and find they had removed my bag and stored it somewhere. The girl was quite rude and unsympathetic to my situtaion

Thanks for letting us know about your stay! I'm sorry about your troubles while you were staying with it. It's not how we normally deal with this situations, so I will make sure I will follow this up and provide some further training where necessary. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope we meet you again.

Staff very friendly and clean sheets but the bathroom/toilet was flooded with water from the cistern and the showers were overflowing with blocked drains.

Thanks for leaving us a review as we are always want to improve we really appreciate it. I had the maintenance looking at the Maintenance issue you mentioned and it's all fixed now. Thanks again for staying with us and hopefully we can meet again!

Best place ever stayed in London

• 5th Aug 2015

Thank you so, so much!

Great location! Cool atmosphere you can chill in the pub & have a drink so you don't HAVE to spend time in your room if you don't want! Would stay again! Shame about 1 staff member.. Needs to smile more as came across unwelcoming!!

Thank you for your kind words! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with one of our staff members, it's a shame as we are doing everything we can to make this place welcoming! Hopefully this doesn't affect your stay with us! We would love to see you again!

Very nice as usual ! Someone took my friend's bed we went to the reception and a very nice staff memeber came in the room and changed the bed linen for her at 23:00 ! Moreover this hostel is perfectly located near Victoria Station ( bus train and the tube, 10 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace etc... )

• 3rd Aug 2015

Thanks for your lovely words! Our staff are all about customer service so I'm happy to hear you appreciated it! Thanks again and hopefully we will meet again.

Great location nearby some top attractions, although it's a considerable walk from the nearest tube station. The pub downstairs serves a great burger. The building itself is pretty cool.

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are really proud on our award winning burgers and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Perfectly fine place, but nothing extraordinary. I stayed in the large mixed gender room, which really is one room with 8 triple bunk-beds. Bring earplugs, because paying 1 Euro for a pair is a rip off and you never know who will snore. The bathroom is an all-gender facility with individual stalls for showers and toilets. By the end of the day, the bathroom is not the cleanest so try and use it early. The bar downstairs is nice and cozy, and a great place to have a beer before bed.

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again!

I am not that picky but this hostel needs to work on its plumbing. The showers were extremely low pressure with just a trickle of cold water. Your choice was to stay dirty or to get scalded. 3 of 4 showers I checked were the same. The other one didn't work at all. 3 tier bunk beds which are not tethered to the wall could easily tip ( and almost did when I climbed to the top with nobody in the bottom bunk). To make it worse someone stole my camera (I know, it should have been been secured)

• 29th Jul 2015

Hi there, thanks so much for your comments. Thanks to your words we managed to change the water pressure, change our cleaning game and got the maintenance to fix the shower! The beds are not secured to the wall indeed, but they are secured to the ground so our guests are always safe and tipping is out of question :) I'm sorry to hear about your camera! We always push our guests to use the security lockers available in the room!

I had arrived quite late at night and MY BED WAS NOT MADE when I climbed onto it. I was the allocated the top bunk of a triple decker bed. Thankfully it did not smell bad but it definitely felt like someone else had slept in these sheets before me; the duvet was strewn messily across and the pillow was lumpy and dented. I tried to get some sleep without having too much contact with what seemed like previously used sheets. I expect that they would at least be changed with every new guest.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Hi there, thanks for your review! We have amazing housekeepers who are working really hard to get everything clean and changed by check in time, bare in mind that they are only human and might look over one bed every once in a while. If this happens we have our amazing reception and bar staff who are more than capable to change a bed if necessary within 5 minutes so you will be staying in a clean and nicely made bed. Please see our staff as we have a 24 hour reception and they are happy to help!

Nice hostel! Nothing special, but very good location!

Good for one nights stay, and the pub downstairs is very convenient! Bathrooms could do with an upgrade, more power points and lockers in rooms would be great and the three-tiered bunks are slightly terrifying.

Thanks for your words! I will definitely take your comments with me for the next upcoming refurbishment! Take care and hopefully we meet again!

It's very close to Victoria station and easy to get there.You can have breakfast.People were coming and going in the evening...

Thanks for your review! We hope to meet you again!

The only reason I rated "excellent" on the atmosphere is because I made two awesome friends and the staff was very nice to me! You get what you pay for, so don't expect anything fancy. The floors and bathrooms were dirty but keep in mind you are sharing with a lot of people. The burgers are awesome and they have an excellent beer selection downstairs. Free breakfast is great for hungry travelers, simple but hits the spot. Perfect location. I would stay there again!

Hello! We are super glad you had an amazing time with us and you made friends! Meeting new people is what travelling is all about! I trust you went to see our staff about the cleanliness as they will make a round for you straight away! We would love to have you back so next time you're in London, you know where to go! ;) Take care and safe travels!

The wifi never worked. The doors have complicated locks that are left unlocked during the day. The staff is kind and helpful. The atmosphere is great. But it's not remarkably clean... And the wifi... Come on.

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us some words, we highly appreciate it! I trust you went see our staff, security to our guests is our number one priority, so I'm sure our amazing staff helped you out, as well for the wifi as we all are really handy and know all the trics to get it on your phone :) I will take your comments with me about the cleanliness to see where we can improve. Thank you so much and happy travels!