PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

It would be much better if the hostel had a kitchen (it used to have one wich was perfect). It is very cold in the winter, it is not a real problem in the bedroom but in the bathrooms and shower it is quite horrible.

• 16th Jan 2014

Great location,just 5 min walk from central train/coach station!Very convenient!Also nice real old English pub inside.

I quite liked the place, it was close to the places I wanted to visit and had quite a nice atmosphere. Only thing that made me mad is that I missed the quiz Thursday thingy, but that was my fault!

The only good thing about this hostel is the price and location. The "free-wifi" is actually public and dont work properly at the hostel. They dont have a kitchen, some people in staff is not very helpfull

On the whole I had a great experience. Mostly friendly staff, OK breakfast (even though 9am is too early for a hostel breakfast to end), nice beds. Value for money! A few, very easy solutions for an even better experience: Mirror and clothes hooks in the room! Some floor lamps around the room in add. to the one(!) in the ceiling (maybe even a light by each bed). On a grander scale the whole building needs new windows (that actually seal tight), mildew removed and some fresh paint.

Nice hostel to stay the night, not much to do though. Very close to Victoria Station and is in a walking distance from points of interest like Westminster.

Arrived late from the Victoria Coach station, and the hostel was a short 5-10 minute walk away. Rooms were clean, but there werent any lockers in the room. Only stayed for a night and left the next morning.

A cheap place to stay. Crowded, impersonal dorms that I wouldn't want to spend many nights in. Light tends to stay on for hours into the night. The dorms are located upstairs in the pub, with the eating area downstairs. After getting myself a curry and bringing it back to the hostel, I was informed that I wasn't allowed to eat it, however the gentleman behind the bar said that I was able to just that once.

It was nice and big. Locals came into the bar so it kept the place lively. The food was good and the metro/bus station wasn't so far away.

Staff don't give much attention and not very friendly. Breakfast time very restricted. Bad wifi. Policy of no food or drinks in the hostel is really bad for people that can't spend a lot of money. There is no place to eat the food bought in the market.

It was ok for a couple of nights. Nothing for more than that though. The showers and bedroom walls were a bit mouldy.

, ,Location is not good especially you have lots of heavy luggage. it took me about 40 minutes to get there but if you know the right direction, from Victoria station it takes 15-20 minutes. There's no heating system which means you will be freezed in winter and showrs... you can't not control the temperature or you can not control the water pressure. And the toilets are too dirty. And the staff are not that kind. theydon't smile at all. Anyway, it's just a budget hostel.

The bed was comfortable and clean, which is very welcome after a long journey. I think there might be a problem with the plumbing, as the showers didn't work properly, but were still nonetheless able to get me clean. I'd stay there again because I know it and it's convenient for Victoria coach station. It's very reasonably priced so I wouldn't expect top-notch accommodation. For consummate travellers, it's fine.

There is some bad smell in the stairs

• 14th Dec 2013
  • China

Great people in a nice victiorian atmosphere! I felt like home and mostly enjoyed the pub-living room for the hosts. It creates a warm and intimate typical english scene. Then, down the courtains, what's more??!

• 13th Dec 2013

It's location is perfect, you can contact to the Victoria station in 10 minutes by walking. And staffs are really gentle and smart :) I could enjoy a wonderful beer thanks to their coupon that you can get it when I checked-in.

Smallish rooms with 3-level bunk beds so tight, but just there for one night so it was fine. Great price - 9 pounds for week night in a central place in London, very close to Victoria station! Very nice and quiet atmosphere on a Tuesday night, no partyers but cute pub downstairs. Washroom facilities not super clean and should be more sinks. Free breakfast, coupon for 1/2 off drink in the pub and nice staff.

! great hostel, very close to Victoria train/coach stations and charmingly over a pub! Staff very friendly,good atmosphere, clean, Coco Pops for breakfast. Would recommend to all as fantastic value for money

The hostel is nice, clean bathrooms and rooms, also feels very safe and it was quiet at night. Everything was very well organised, staff were nice and I didn't have any problem to find the rooms or to lock my backpack. The 3 bunk bed is not very stable but I guess it's not a big issue.

Booking was easy. The location is great. Staff is great. Rooms were clean. Bathrooms in the MAIN floor needs update. Really small lockers, I could not fit my laptop in there even. The storage room is really open so anyone with the daily code can get in there and take something (I recommend bigger lockers and to locate them in the bedrooms). Breakfast was limited, but food is great, drinks are great. I would go back.

• 24th Nov 2013