PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria Reviews

1a Sutherland Street, Victoria, London, England

Bedding was clean, I booked cos it was cheap. Includes free cont b'fast cereals jam toast coffee! I would go back there cos it worth £20 an night & NEAR coach station. Only complaint I washed in luke warm (Not hot) water in Morning.

• 28th Aug 2015

Thanks for your kind words! It does mean a lot to us! I had the Maintenance looking into the water temperature and they adjusted it! Thanks again, take care and hopefully we will see you again!

I was a bit dubious about booking due to previous reviews, but I was really pleasantly surprised! Really quiet (yes even above a pub in central London in a 24bed dorm!!), clean, amazing value for money, really nice fellow hostellers, the shower was good, water pressure & temp fine, and great free breakfast - toast, choice of cereals, and diy tea/coffee/juice! It was all excellent, I would definitely stay there again :)

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you so much for your amazing words! We really hope to meet you again in the future! Take care and safe travels!

I had some problems with the wifi. Apart from that I had a good stay and recommend this hostel. I had stayed at this hostel before and would be happy to stay here again.

Thank you so much! We would love to have you here again!

This place proves that sometimes you should read between the lines with reviews. The staff were fantastic (rushed off their feet) but friendly and caring. The room was fine and clean as were the facilities. The location is outstanding. I will definately come here again I hope. Thanks ever so much guys for a brilliant stay.

Thanks for your amazing words! We had such a blast having you here staying with us! Come back whenever you are in the area!

The beds were extremely comfortable. The best beds I've stayed in at a hostel. Breakfast was only cereal and toast, but free! It would have been nice to have a kitchen for cooking my own food, but the pub downstairs made up for it! Thank You for the stay!

Thank you for your really kind words! We just had all the mattresses replaced and everyone seems to love it! Unfortunately because we are a really old, listed building there is nothing we can do about the guest kitchen comment. To make up for it - like you said - we have our amazing food in the bar and the guest get a discount on all the food and drinks!

I use this place as night stop before i go to airports and it has served well for me due to its excellent location and price!! Thanks! Will keep using this hostel!

Massive thank you! We'll see you around!

The premises will surely have to be completely refurbished in the not too distant future. The downstairs toilets are very messy. The door leading to the rooms is rather dangerous! Best have not too much luggage or get help. The codes were not applicable for two other guests. The staff member at night was either not too friendly and the other did not understand too much about the late check out. There should really be a bigger hostel with top facilities within walking distance of coach station

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review! We are planning a refurbishment in the near future, so I will definitely take your comments with me!

My boyfriend and I only stayed for one night. The location was amazing! Walking distance to Buckingham palace and other attractions! Very close to Victoria coach station! Close to shops. The staff were friendly! The wifi connection is next to nothing. They probably shouldn't promote free wifi because it does not work. The beds were comfy. The bathrooms though were disgusting. I had to wait 30 minutes for a shower. Then had to wait again because there was no water. okay hostel for short stay

Thanks for leaving us such a balanced review. We always want to improve and we can't do that without the comments of our guests. We had someone looking at our WiFi and so far no problems! I'm sorry to hear about your shower experience, I will make a note of it and let the maintenance have a look at it. Thanks again and hopefully we will meet again.

Overall it's a good place to stay. The food in the pub itself is actually pretty good. There's bikes really near to the hostel so if you intend on cycling around London this is a good place to stay. Space is limited so apart from the pub itself there's no where else to hang out and socialise but if you're traveling get out of there and make friends!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Good to hear you had a wonderful time in London! We would love to see you again!

Our room was nice and spacious even with 24 people and they changed the door codes during the week and had lockers for smaller valuables. However, the wifi sucked so if that's important to you then I wouldn't suggest it. Also, there's no kitchen for use which is unfortunate in expensive London. Free breakfast though was nice - toast and cereal.

Thank you! We had a look at our wifi and it's all going strong again. We don't have a guest kitchen indeed, therefore we do offer great discounts to our guests so they have some extra money to spent in expensive London! :) Hopefully we can meet you again! Safe travels!

everything was good but secret number to open the door was inconvenient and morning meal was so monotonous

• 15th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

The staff and location are amazing! Had a problem and they fixed it straight away! You really can't beat the location. So close to everything you'd want to do in London. I had to be smart about timing my shower...the shower pressure goes down to a slow drizzle if too many people are showering at the same time. The wifi was good in the lounge but not in the room.

Thanks for your wonderful words about your stay with us! Safe travels and we love to see you again!

Good hostel, good pub, only let down is the wifi.

Thanks for leaving us a review. We had a great time having you here and we hopefully will see you in the future!

Beds were comfortable! Was in a room with only 3 bed high bunks. The bed wobbled as I'd climb to the top which was a scary. Was there 2 nights on my own + two nights with someone who flew in so had made 2 separate bookings which I was told was fine how I did it. Was told I could leave my bag in the room just clear off he bed only to come back with my extra person for last 2 nights and find they had removed my bag and stored it somewhere. The girl was quite rude and unsympathetic to my situtaion

Thanks for letting us know about your stay! I'm sorry about your troubles while you were staying with it. It's not how we normally deal with this situations, so I will make sure I will follow this up and provide some further training where necessary. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope we meet you again.

Staff very friendly and clean sheets but the bathroom/toilet was flooded with water from the cistern and the showers were overflowing with blocked drains.

Thanks for leaving us a review as we are always want to improve we really appreciate it. I had the maintenance looking at the Maintenance issue you mentioned and it's all fixed now. Thanks again for staying with us and hopefully we can meet again!

Best place ever stayed in London

• 5th Aug 2015

Thank you so, so much!

Great location! Cool atmosphere you can chill in the pub & have a drink so you don't HAVE to spend time in your room if you don't want! Would stay again! Shame about 1 staff member.. Needs to smile more as came across unwelcoming!!

Thank you for your kind words! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with one of our staff members, it's a shame as we are doing everything we can to make this place welcoming! Hopefully this doesn't affect your stay with us! We would love to see you again!

Very nice as usual ! Someone took my friend's bed we went to the reception and a very nice staff memeber came in the room and changed the bed linen for her at 23:00 ! Moreover this hostel is perfectly located near Victoria Station ( bus train and the tube, 10 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace etc... )

• 3rd Aug 2015

Thanks for your lovely words! Our staff are all about customer service so I'm happy to hear you appreciated it! Thanks again and hopefully we will meet again.

Great location nearby some top attractions, although it's a considerable walk from the nearest tube station. The pub downstairs serves a great burger. The building itself is pretty cool.

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are really proud on our award winning burgers and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Perfectly fine place, but nothing extraordinary. I stayed in the large mixed gender room, which really is one room with 8 triple bunk-beds. Bring earplugs, because paying 1 Euro for a pair is a rip off and you never know who will snore. The bathroom is an all-gender facility with individual stalls for showers and toilets. By the end of the day, the bathroom is not the cleanest so try and use it early. The bar downstairs is nice and cozy, and a great place to have a beer before bed.

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7