Puerta Vieja Hostel Reviews

Calle Diego de Mazariegos 23, Barrio de La Merced, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

I had an AMAZING time over there, definitely has the BEST location in town! super close to the main plaza & they also offer you a delicious breakfast (2 different options per day); the room was very spacious & in the ground floor so we didn´t have to handle luggage upstairs. Fernando, was super nice even before meeting, he helped me with all we needed :)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Brilliant hostel- beautiful and clean with lovely hot showers and THE MOST comfy beds- hotel standard!!! Absolutely brilliant. Breakfast is great and there's a really good atmosphere - staff are super friendly and there's a lush social space where it's really easy to meet other travellers. Perfect place to stay.

Puerta Vieja Hostel has everything you need. Comfortables beds, lots of space, twice a week free cocktails, friendly staff, clean place.

Great everything! Keep it up!

Great environment in this hostel. Facilities are amazing and the breakfast is also good! The staff was always helpful when needed and they even gave drinks for free, I would totally recommend you stay in this hostel.

Fun hostel, very noisy.

Large spacious hostel, nice touches like, happy hr at the bar ... free mojitas, free popcorn, and home made cooking by Nigel. Great atmosphere.

Probably the best hostel we stayed in during 2 months of Mexico travel. Very friendly and social while still being relaxed and quiet in the rooms. Not a crazy party hostel but a good place to unwind and really easy to meet people here. Great breakfast everyday with the option of fresh fruit OR some sort of delicious homemade hot breakfast. The only problem with this hostel and I hope they fix it is that breakfast is served 8-10 but by 9 they would run out of the hot breakfast so go early

We loved this hostel! We booked 2 nights but stayed for an extra one just to laze around the hostel. Super clean, massive great beds with blankets, a locker per person with locks included, great free breakfast (omlettes, pancakes, eggs, fruit...), free cocktails at the cute bar, and we loved the chef, Nigel - he makes a proper home cooked meal for guests twice a week so we enjoyed an incredible English roast. If I'm back in San Cristobal, will definitely be back here!

Great hostel and an incredible free breakfast.

The perimises is amazing. Extremely big and spacious. All of the rooms are very well kept, the beds are comfortable and warm and the lockers are big. 24/7 hot water which is a real advantage on a town this cold. Alot of chilling spots - sofas, hammocks, a very well kept bar... The activities are truly awesome - 3 nights a week of open bar, amazing breakfast every day, joint dinners from time to time, movies.. Had the greatest time here

There was a great ambiance, everyone was so kind and always willing tl help , thefacilities were pretty clean We loved our stay there and have already recommended it

Great location, close to everything. Staff are mostly nice, although at times, hard to find someone on the front desk. They mainly sit around talking to each other, at times it seems a bit clique. Owner is lovely. Atmosphere is good, people are friendly, easy to meet others. Breakfast included, changes daily. Nice dorms, comfy beds, clean. Relaxed place. Enjoyed my stay.

Was recommended this hostel from others due to the atmosphere but when we arrived they had issues with their license so were not able to sell any alcohol which was a downer. The outdoor area was cool. 16 bed dorm nice and clean, beds comfortable. Clean bathrooms. Easy walk around San Cristobal.

Very clean hostel; great atmosphere! Definitely a recommendation!

I had doubts about staying in a 12-person dorm but it was comfortable, clean, quiet and cozy! Best beds at any hostel! I also met wonderful people in my room, on tours and hanging by the fire. The bar/ bonfire every night is fantastic and feels like home. There are also some fun dinners and meals -- breakfast is amazing. The location is outstanding as well, in the center of everything.

I travled my share of time. This was definitly the best hostel i ever got to stay. Staff- amazing. Socail life- amazing. And the breakfest... Wow!!!!!

One of the nicest hostels I've ever been to. Absolutely gorgeous facility just a few blocks from the zocalo. Yummy breakfast included that's not just juice

I highly recommend this hostel! A friend and I stayed in a private room which was better than even a hotel room in the area (which was dirty, dark and had limited hot water). We did a couple of the excursions through the hostel as well, which I would recommend but just know that they don't feel the safest as you're doing them. We did the horse ride to San Juan Chamula and the palenque/Misol-ha/agua azul. The staff put on dinners, free drink nights, live music, etc. I had a great time!

• 25th Jul 2014

Definitely one of the best hostels that I've been to! Huge indoors and outdoors common areas, quiet dorms with nice beds and big lockers that perfectly fits big backpacks. Free night drinks on the patio some days a week and barbecue. Delicious homemade breakfast.Very friendly staff! Thank you Flor, Fernando and all the staff for the amazing days in San Cristóbal at Puerta Vieja.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5