Puerta Vieja Hostel Reviews

Calle Diego de Mazariegos 23, Barrio de La Merced, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

the stay at puerta vieja was very comfortable and nice. it was all well organized, the beds are very comfortable, the facilities are clean and the atmosphere is (thanks also to the very comfy bar with fireplace) amazing. very recommendable hostel.

Great location, amazing breakfast, good vibe at night, cool bar, do yourself a favour & make sure u eat Nigels home cooked meals they are great quality and delicious, he cooks most nights. Showers are warm, nice hammock area, dorms are pretty cramped and some lockers are outside the room, plenty of blankets for the cold. Only downfall were the staff or volunteers the place is run by- they were very tight within their group, lacked enthusiasm to help guests without being asked. Cool place though.

Young staff was sometimes so busy beeing cool (at the reception) that they forgot that they are working.

There were MANY bedbugs. I was bite everywhere from face, neck to all four limbs. Very very inching and I was quite angry to know that the staff knew there are bedbugs in the bed that I chose but they did not say anything until I got bite. After that, they were trying to tell me that they are mosquitos until I saw a doctor and I went back with the report of the doctor, they finally admitted that there are many bedbugs in the bed I stayed....I feel cheated...I won't recommend anyone to go....

• 1st Jan 2015
  • China

Great location in el centro histórico - close to everything without being in the middle of it all. Excellent breakfast. Comfortable bed. Cool staff, especially Fernando - the morning guy.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Awesome hostel ! People are great, great atmosphere every evening, perfect accomendation and excellent Breakfast! Absolutely recommendable

It was an amazing experience! Fue una experiencia increíble!

Really nice and clean hostel with a great breakfast! The owner is a very nice person

Loved staying here- amazing people, awesome food (thanks flaco!) and amenities well thought out with power plugs, lockers etc

• 12th Dec 2014

This is easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff are amazing, the showers are hot. At night there is a bonfire or open fireplace in the backyard.. There is couches everywhere. The chef is awesome.. It's just all round good!! Stay here!!

Se la rifaron como cholos, muy chingon su hostal!!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

I had an AMAZING time over there, definitely has the BEST location in town! super close to the main plaza & they also offer you a delicious breakfast (2 different options per day); the room was very spacious & in the ground floor so we didn´t have to handle luggage upstairs. Fernando, was super nice even before meeting, he helped me with all we needed :)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Brilliant hostel- beautiful and clean with lovely hot showers and THE MOST comfy beds- hotel standard!!! Absolutely brilliant. Breakfast is great and there's a really good atmosphere - staff are super friendly and there's a lush social space where it's really easy to meet other travellers. Perfect place to stay.

Puerta Vieja Hostel has everything you need. Comfortables beds, lots of space, twice a week free cocktails, friendly staff, clean place.

Great everything! Keep it up!

Great environment in this hostel. Facilities are amazing and the breakfast is also good! The staff was always helpful when needed and they even gave drinks for free, I would totally recommend you stay in this hostel.

Fun hostel, very noisy.

Large spacious hostel, nice touches like, happy hr at the bar ... free mojitas, free popcorn, and home made cooking by Nigel. Great atmosphere.

Probably the best hostel we stayed in during 2 months of Mexico travel. Very friendly and social while still being relaxed and quiet in the rooms. Not a crazy party hostel but a good place to unwind and really easy to meet people here. Great breakfast everyday with the option of fresh fruit OR some sort of delicious homemade hot breakfast. The only problem with this hostel and I hope they fix it is that breakfast is served 8-10 but by 9 they would run out of the hot breakfast so go early

We loved this hostel! We booked 2 nights but stayed for an extra one just to laze around the hostel. Super clean, massive great beds with blankets, a locker per person with locks included, great free breakfast (omlettes, pancakes, eggs, fruit...), free cocktails at the cute bar, and we loved the chef, Nigel - he makes a proper home cooked meal for guests twice a week so we enjoyed an incredible English roast. If I'm back in San Cristobal, will definitely be back here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6