Puerto Limon Reviews

Chacabuco 1080, Buenos Aires, Argentina

nice place nice atmosphere. good value for money

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Israel

Excellent spot. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, overall nice and comfortable atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again

• 20th Nov 2014

Great hostel in the heart of shabby chic San Telmo, with (for the most part) friendly staff, a great atmosphere, decent breakfast, excellent kitchen, and dorms which are comfy if a little cramped. The lovely rear courtyard is an excellent place to hang, especially when the staff do one of their evening BBQs. Only whinges would be some of the staff are very moody and rude, and that the toilets get a little dirty near the end of the day. Other than that, this is a fine place to stay.

Good hostel for the one night I stayed in. Clean and well located, 5 minutes from the metro station.

It's a 5-minute walk to a metro station and there is a spacious and cozy common area. There is even a yard where you can drink till late hours, however, if you're after a long flight and your room happens to have a window facing the yard (= people are drinking just a few metres from the window), you probably do not appreciate it. Of course, you can get up and tell off a bunch of drunk people, but I'd say that the staff should take care of this... Anyway, all in all it's a good value for money.

Loved this hostel. Booked a private room for three people and felt like we were in a hotel. Bonus points to the staff for helping us arrange an airport transfer and letting us keep our bags there (and nap on their couch!) until 3 in the morning the next day. Shout out to Lucho for taking us to a great parrilla del barrio our first night in BA. This was one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at, and definitely an unforgettable experience.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great space, great staff, great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!

great staff!

Cons: Wifi does not work other than in common area. Breakfast is cornflakes, milk, orange punch, white bread, coffee and tea. Not sure if towels and sheets are cleaned as various hairs are seen. mosquitoes and old mosquitoes carcasses on room walls. Pros: in good area san telmo. good location for Florida money exchange and local eateries and Sunday market. 10 min to subway. Hostel map well made.

really nice chilled hostel, super helpful staff

One member of the staff was really not to trust, I asked him to book a place for me in the shuttle to the airport and he told me ok, but in the end he didn't book anything and when I realized this, it was too late and I had to go to the airport by taxi - much more expensive. All the other members of the staff were really nice and helpful. The room I was in was very noisy and I couldn't get much sleep, the other rooms looked better. Cleanliness ok except for the night I arrived.

Best Hostel in San Telmo I have stayed at. Clean, nice atmosphere and close to loads of sights, bars and restaurants.

Really good, social atmosphere and great communal areas. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. Loads on offer and plenty to do....breakfast is the only thing that could be improved.

Best atmosphere in a hostel!! So much so that many people end up staying longer than intended and just hanging out in the hostel. We had regular asados with the BBQ in the patio area. Location is excellent. It's not in there centre of everything, but San Telmo is a chill neighbourhood that has everything you'll need. If you want to party, it's not too far either, as transportation is easy and close. Everything else is exactly what you would expect from a hostel at this price range.

Very Nice place for Staying! I one I come back be in puerto limon again.

Overall pretty decent hostel. Good location, good facilities, big lockers, beds are average, breakfast is average, kitchen is one of the best I´ve used in south america. Pretty mellow group of people when I was there, friendly but not really collaberating to go out or anything. Stayed at this Millhouse hostel before this one which is a total party hostel so this was kind of a nice hostel to come to for a few days.

Great value for money! Great staff, atmosphere. Nice rooms with big lockers. Fully equipped kitchen and great location. Nothing to complain about.

The hostel is quite good. Nice staff, relax atmosphere. I stayed for 4 days. My biggest complain is that the beds have a plastic cover over the mattress, underneath the sheets.. It's not really comfortable. The kitchen is really big, and the equipment is ok. I really liked the BBQ space (which we were able to use, we made a great asado) , and the patio: it's nice to hang there. Overall, I liked my stay at Puerto Limon and I would recommend it.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels