Puerto Limon Reviews

Chacabuco 1080, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great value for money! Great staff, atmosphere. Nice rooms with big lockers. Fully equipped kitchen and great location. Nothing to complain about.

The hostel is quite good. Nice staff, relax atmosphere. I stayed for 4 days. My biggest complain is that the beds have a plastic cover over the mattress, underneath the sheets.. It's not really comfortable. The kitchen is really big, and the equipment is ok. I really liked the BBQ space (which we were able to use, we made a great asado) , and the patio: it's nice to hang there. Overall, I liked my stay at Puerto Limon and I would recommend it.

I've been traveling for 7 months and this is the best hostel I've stayed in yet. Amazing, friendly, and good-humored staff. Great atmosphere, nice hang-out areas. A patio in the back, great living room with comfortable couches. Spacious, fully equipped kitchen. Reliable wifi. Warm showers/clean bathrooms. It's in a fun, classic part of town just minutes away from plaza dorrego. Would definitely recommend; you'll want to stay for longer.

bathrooms pretty dirty, computers didnt work, average breakfast compared to other hostels in Buenos Aires

Very nice place, located in San Telmo a great district, with a lot of nice and affordable cafes and restaurants. The metro is about 10 min by foot. The dorm rooms are big and they have enough showers/toilets. The common area is big and friendly with a nice outside area. All in all a good hostel to spent our time in Buenos Aires.

I stayed in a private double with ensuite. The private rooms are at the back of a communal courtyard which affords lots of privacy (maybe less so in the warmer months when people might be outside). The hostel is in good condition worth large, pleasant communal areas and good facilities. Staff are polite but not overly friendly or helpful. Breakfast is terrible - coffee, bread and spreads only...

Very helpful staff and good location in the center of San Telmo. A great deal for the price!

Kitchen equipment was quite limited. Bathrooms were a bit grubby and very humid due to the abscense of any ventilation. Staff were however nice and the atmosphere was very dependant on who else is staying. I really like San Telmo as a location.

Loved our stay in Puerto Limon. Great atmosphere, friendly staff and nice outdoor area. Rooms and bathrooms are basic but clean. Would definitely recommend the weekly BBQ. Breakfast is basic, but for the price you really can't complain.

I had a great time at Puerto Limon and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Buenos Aires. Great value for the price. Perhaps the best part of the hostel is the comfortable "hang-out" areas. Big tables and couches. A large patio in the back where the hostel holds "parillas." The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Bathrooms/bedrooms are clean. Kitchen is spacious and great for cooking. Nice location. Not quite the party area like Palermo. Slightly more dangerous at night.

Nice chilled out hostel in good location of San Telmo. Very good security. Loud construction work going on next door at moment but that is only temporary and not there fault. Internet is hopeless, really hard to connect, but once ur connected it's fine. Overall a good hostel and would return.

Really good hostel, so confy! Large dorm and big lock. The location is perfect and really nice staff. Highly recommended!

The hostel is more for party-people, not my style. There is music all day and night long, what can be a problem when you are trying to sleep. But I didn´t have problems, it was okay. It had air conditioner in my room, what was good (I could close the window to avoid the music). The breakfast is very simple. It´s very close to the San Telmo fair on sunday, but a little bit far from other atractions.

Great staff, good breakfast, nice lounge area. Only downsides are its a bit out of the way on the edge of San Telmo and it felt a little bit sketchier of an area.

Not much to complain about, except for the noise from the construction work from the neighbours. They started at 7 am and woke up the whole hostel. The hostel manager told us that it would last for 2 more months so if you book à room here you should check out when the renovation stops. Otherwise, great hostel!

Good valued hostel, kitchen was excellent. A little noisy if you get a room facing Chacabuco, otherwise no complaints.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels