Puerto Limon Reviews

Chacabuco 1080, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great staff for sure. The the building and facilities are worn out

I definitely recommend this charming place located in a charming quarter (San Telmo).

• 3rd Apr 2015

What an awesome value. The staff cares, there's plenty of great common areas, and San Telmo has a lot to offer. No complaints!

Excellent hostel. A bit further from the beach but totally worth it. Only issue we had was with a couple of the staff being slightly militaristic in their approach to the guests (the word please hasn't quite made it to punta del diablo). The exception is "Sebastian" who went above and beyond to look after everyone. Would definitely go back again!

I loved this hostel. Its soulful, cozy and serves a decent breakfast. Theres long tables and couches for socializing. there is one big downside: a cockroach who occasionally visits the kitchen. Despite that, I found myself coming back to this place.

i think it was a cheap hostel with a good location, the staff was helpful and even let us hang around in the lounge till early morning on our day to leave even though we didnt pay for it, it was nice to have small lockers for most important items to keep whilst waiting to check in, as our backpacks were just behind the reception, which was also a good place but preferred to lock my documents, showers and toilets not great but as it was cheap i dont complain...

Great location is San Telmo and the hostel has very nice common areas. My only complaint was that I didn't have a locker in my room for the first half of my stay and the staff weren't that interested in helping.

I recommend staying there.the atmosphere is really nice and its easy to meet people.they have a very big a comfortable common area to hang out in.the rooms and bathrooms wrte clean.the staff was very nice and very helpful.the wifi worked Most of the time.the kitchen is very dirty though.wouldnt use it for cooking any dishes more elaborate than pasta.security is debatable as Not all rooms have a keys but if u bring a lock u can use lockers at the reception.

My room was hot upon entering but it was actually pretty comfortable in spite of that. Had a good number of outlets to charge devices with some universal adaptors. Nice terrace, nice staff. The bathrooms were ok, but maybe need some help like replacing old shower curtains (though they didn't lack humor :P). I was able to pay with a card, too - that's a plus for saving cash for the city.

The hostel is great and the value-for-money for a double room with bathroom is very good. However, if you have one of the two rooms in the courtyard it'll probably be loud and smoky as people sit in the courtyard until late and talk and smoke.

The place was ok, not much more. Pretty small room (double room), pretty noisy and a lousy breakfast. The kitchen wasn't very well equipped and it would be nice if they could change washing sponges every once in a while. Good location though.

We very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice, the rooms and the beds were clean and big. The people in the hostel were a lot of fun. We had A/C in our room and the internet connection was very good. There are shops and restaurants close by and it was very easy to find with public transport. The only negative thing was that we couln´t lock the door to the bathroom in our dorm. I would recommend to stay here.

Friendly staff. Good location. Semi-quiet hostel that seems to attract an older crowd and a lot of French people. Definitely not a party every night hostel but there are usually people you can find who want to go out for drinks and experience the nightlife. Good for an Argentine vibe, not too European. Between 7pm-11pm there a usually a lot of quest in the common area chatting, drinking, and eating food.

• 5th Feb 2015

Great hostel! Good location, safe, really cool atmosphere. Would highly recommend staying here!

nice hostel but quite loud until 2am, bring earplugs!

I had a great time at this hostel. The location in San Telmo is really convenient for every part of the city, the staff are super helpful and will do everything they can to help. The rooms can be a little noisy at night as some overlook the courtyard and communal area, but hey, you are in Buenos Aires where nothing happens until 11pm anyway, so I do not know why you would want to be in bed before 12! kitchen is great, breakfast is standard Argentine bread, condiments and cereal but plenty of it.

Best hostel we've stayed in so far. Clean, great communal spaces, large kitchen, friendly helpful staff. Private room was massive with a modern clean private bathroom across the hall. Cheap too. Can't recommend enough.

Possibly the best Hostel in Buenos Aires. Excellent value for money, fantastic location (3 min to the Plaza Dorrego) and overly friendly & helpful staff. Nice hang-out area inside and in the patio outside, overall good mix of travelers (young, old and from various countries) and nice atmosphere. Also, great breakfast with fresh fruit and bread!

We had a really nice double bed room with our own bathroom. It was very clean. The breakfast was good with bread, marmelade, dulce the leche, juice, milk, cereals, coffee, tea and some fruits. The kitchen is big, but there are not that much dishes and some of them are old/broken. We can highly recommend this hostel.

A lovely hostel with great breakfast, big rooms, good communal areas, met lots of nice people, able to walk most places and very close to subway to get to recoleta and Palermo. Would highly recommend this hostel.

• 20th Jan 2015