Puffin Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Sinanpaşa Mh., Çelebi Oğlu Sk, 34398 Beşiktaş, Istanbul, Turkey

Puffin Hostel is for Backpackers who want to hang out in the university district of Besiktas! I really liked my experience at the hostel because of the really cool scene happening in the neighbourhood. It's located near other attractive neighbourhoods such as Taksim and Sisli! I also liked the fact that you are only minutes away from Besiktas Ferry!

Staff was very helpfull and so nice! I loved my staying there and Besiktas is like the best place to stay in Istambul. I'd totally come back to Puffin Hostel, highly recomended! Very clean bathrooms.

Puffin Hostel is cosy and wonderful place in Istanbul. It' not one of the big party hostels and the easier it is to meet nice people. It has a terrace where you can meet others or enjoy turkish tea. The owners, 3 young and friendly guys, always present with great suggestions, even helped me to learn some Turkish :) The location is just great. Besiktas is lively with locals, aside from the tourist crowds. Outside is a street full of cafeterias that serve Turkish breakfast. Istanbul only in Puffin

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel in a great location. The staff is also very helpful and kind. Would definitely stay there again. The only thing I would complain is that the front desk was on the last floor and the stairs were the only way to get there. Also, the wifi wouldn't work properly outside the top floor so i'd climb the stairs anytime i needed it.

Excellent location and very helpful staff. Rooms are never shut or locked but you get a free locker so it's not a problem. Nice and clean but rooms tended to be too hot, and the staff were a bit sparing with putting the aircon on. They also had some birds in a cage that was far too small, which was distressing.

The staff is absolutely excellent; they help you with many great places to go to in Istanbul and help you with other travel plans in turkey. You can see they want to help and enjoy to do so! Highly recommended!

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Very helpful staff and good value of money! Would come back again if I visit Istanbul one more time!

Awesome guys, place and atmosphere. I will definitely come back :D

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Croatia

Wish terrace would stay open 24/7 especially since there's no place to charge in bed like most hostels. Besiktas is a great location though, I preferred my time in this neighborhood over old town by far.

I was very happy with my stay. For 9 euro a night, this is a great deal!! I've paid more to stay at hostels not half this nice. Everything (bathrooms, bedsheets, etc.) was super clean. The staff were super nice. A girl in my room lost her wallet and the staff were so kind they immediately offered to lend her what she needed. How rare and incredible for total strangers to be so kind! The location is in a beautiful neighborhood with many great breakfast options just outside.