Puffin Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Sinanpaşa Mh., Çelebi Oğlu Sk, 34398 Beşiktaş, Istanbul, Turkey

Puffin Hostel was a great experience! Value for the money. The place was clean, staff were nice and beds were comfy.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Finland

The staff here are great and I really enjoyed them, they were very kind. However puffin is a bit out of the way for taksim etc. And atmosphere here is pretty non existent, I don't think most of the people staying here are backpackers. And every night there was something noisy keeping me awake; cats, construction work, alarms etc.

Nice Hostel with very good staff.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Ukraine

Thumbs up for this hostel! We really enjoyed the stay. The only thing is I breakfast is not included. But there are a number of affordable breakfast places around.

Great location! Really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come again

Puffin Hostel is for Backpackers who want to hang out in the university district of Besiktas! I really liked my experience at the hostel because of the really cool scene happening in the neighbourhood. It's located near other attractive neighbourhoods such as Taksim and Sisli! I also liked the fact that you are only minutes away from Besiktas Ferry!

It is an awesome hostel! The guys of the staff helped me so much with my holiday plans, not only around the city but also about what to visit in all the whole country! The terrace on the last floor is an amazing place, to relax, eat, get in touch with the others guests or just to enjoy a movie or connect to the wifi. For the rest, everything was SO amazing, and I absolutely would reccomend it to everyone!

Staff was very helpfull and so nice! I loved my staying there and Besiktas is like the best place to stay in Istambul. I'd totally come back to Puffin Hostel, highly recomended! Very clean bathrooms.

Puffin Hostel is cosy and wonderful place in Istanbul. It' not one of the big party hostels and the easier it is to meet nice people. It has a terrace where you can meet others or enjoy turkish tea. The owners, 3 young and friendly guys, always present with great suggestions, even helped me to learn some Turkish :) The location is just great. Besiktas is lively with locals, aside from the tourist crowds. Outside is a street full of cafeterias that serve Turkish breakfast. Istanbul only in Puffin

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel in a great location. The staff is also very helpful and kind. Would definitely stay there again. The only thing I would complain is that the front desk was on the last floor and the stairs were the only way to get there. Also, the wifi wouldn't work properly outside the top floor so i'd climb the stairs anytime i needed it.

Excellent location and very helpful staff. Rooms are never shut or locked but you get a free locker so it's not a problem. Nice and clean but rooms tended to be too hot, and the staff were a bit sparing with putting the aircon on. They also had some birds in a cage that was far too small, which was distressing.