Puma Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Jr. Antonio Arenas 150, Puno, Peru

The landlady does not respect any terms of the reservation- including price or keeping reservations. She will cheat you out of as much money as possible. Breakfast was slices of toast with jam and hot water, nothing more. No hot water for showers.

Veery quiet hostel, good for resting. Breakfast is good (pancake, bread, tea, sometimes juice) and the staff (the couple who runs the place) is very helpfull. Hot water is inconstant though. It's not far from the city center, but you need to go up a hill to get there, witch can be tiresome. There's no lockers in the rooms.

excellent service, very friendly the most comfortable rooms.

The cozy and clean rooms, also very clean bathrooms. But the best of all is the staff, they helped me a lot to know puno! They make you feel at home!

Lovely, cozy hostel with a great lounge area Staff veru . Also, our room was very clean and the breakfast was tasty. Thanks! Nice find for the night in Puno! Would recommend!

Our stay was delightful! Water was hot, breakfast was free and came with pancakes, and we could walk to the plaza. The owners were incredibly kind and helpful, they treat all their guests like family. I would absolutely recommend puma hostel!

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Peru

This property is uphill from city center and hard to find as the street has no sign. It is family run and there are no known hours where one can be sure to find the adults who can take payments. I had a hard time finding the place then waited about 20mins for anyone to come as promised to check me in. Then day before leaving it took 3 tries to find an adult to pay my bill. I asked for a good time and came then with no luck. Everyone was very nice though and got me a cab to the bus terminal.