Puma Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Jr. Antonio Arenas 150, Puno, Peru

Our stay was delightful! Water was hot, breakfast was free and came with pancakes, and we could walk to the plaza. The owners were incredibly kind and helpful, they treat all their guests like family. I would absolutely recommend puma hostel!

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Peru

This property is uphill from city center and hard to find as the street has no sign. It is family run and there are no known hours where one can be sure to find the adults who can take payments. I had a hard time finding the place then waited about 20mins for anyone to come as promised to check me in. Then day before leaving it took 3 tries to find an adult to pay my bill. I asked for a good time and came then with no luck. Everyone was very nice though and got me a cab to the bus terminal.

I wrote an email to the hostel telling them that my hour of arrival had been changed, and asked for a reply but it didnt happen. once we got there we had to pay everything at once and not at the end how is suposse to do in the hostels at the moment of check out. During the night we needed towels and went up stairs looking for help but no one from the staff came for helping us, they didn't even open the door. Also the hostel has not heater and puno is very cold. Is very sorry to write this.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

It's a little far from the main square but overall is a pretty nice hostel.