Puma Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Jr. Antonio Arenas 150, Puno, Peru

10 minutes walk up, good location to see the whole of puno. Nice place good internet

The hostel comes equipped with a good kitchen and hot water. It's like staying in a family home so shouldn't be compared to these party hostels. It's nice and cosy and fits in well with the vibe in Puno.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is a hostel run by a family. The problem is I booked my bus ticket through them an the night before the parents weren't home. Their kids aren't very helpful, I asked when the parents would come home and he kept saying 15 mins. They didnt come home till 10:30 and I having an early bus I had hope to be in bed much early. The bathrooms are kind of dirty, there are only small lockers for a passport or phone so my laptop couldn't be locked up and there were only about 3 guests a night.

Warm, comfortable beds. Basic breakfasts. Relatively far from Puno's center. Semi-reliable hit water. In general, could be a little cleaner. For the price, definitely worth it though.

• 28th May 2014

The couple who run this hostel are lovely. They offered us a lift into down at a discounted taxi rate. They arranged a taxi for us in the morning and got up early to make us breakfast - delicious pancake and bread/jam. The hostel itself is clean but very cold and a bit dark. It is also a bit out of town - would be fine if it wasn't raining!

The woman running the hostel was particularly rude but her husband was very kind and friendly. They tried to rip us off on a tour to the islands but we were able to negotiate the price from s120/pp to 80/pp. the overnight trip staying on isla amantani was great. the location of the hostel is not great, but if you're only in puno a night or so it's fine. I also found it very cold inside!!