Puma Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Jr. Antonio Arenas 150, Puno, Peru

We enjoyed our one day stay at Puma Backpackers. The hosts were really kind and they made us feel at home. He helped us out with a trip to the Titicaca islands and with a bus to Cusco.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

The husband and wife who run this hostel are amazing hosts. When I arrived with elevation sickness, they quickly made me cacao tea that made me feel brand new. They also helped us book our full day tour of lake titcaca which was the best deal we could find. Transportation, lunch, and stops at Uros and Tequile islands were included. Facilities are super clean. Felt like we stayed at grandma's house for the weekend. Sending much love from the United States.

noa bit far from center.

10 minutes walk up, good location to see the whole of puno. Nice place good internet

The hostel comes equipped with a good kitchen and hot water. It's like staying in a family home so shouldn't be compared to these party hostels. It's nice and cosy and fits in well with the vibe in Puno.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I was here for 2 nights. It was not located at the centre but on a hill. Anyway, the family was nice and offered me an extra blanket. I would recommend it since it is among the cheapest hostel in the city.

This is a hostel run by a family. The problem is I booked my bus ticket through them an the night before the parents weren't home. Their kids aren't very helpful, I asked when the parents would come home and he kept saying 15 mins. They didnt come home till 10:30 and I having an early bus I had hope to be in bed much early. The bathrooms are kind of dirty, there are only small lockers for a passport or phone so my laptop couldn't be locked up and there were only about 3 guests a night.