Pumpkin Guesthouse Reviews

3-13 Hongik-ro, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I really enjoyed my stay here! It is directly located in Hongdae, one of the most vibrant and exicitng parts of the Seoul. Still, it is very calm and a relaxing place. The host is really easy going and nice. All facilities are clean and work, plus you can use towels for free! I am sure, that I will be back the next time I visit Seoul!

Everything was perfect. I will come back here again surely.

Awesome!! Enjoyed my stay at this guesthouse a lot. I had a lot of money stolen from me on the street..the lady who works in the hostel was kind enough to take an hour or two out of her schedule to be my translator (!) whilst explaining my issue to the police. Literally, would not have managed to report the issue without her! So thankful!!

The front door was beeping with people coming in and out all night and since it's a small place, you can hear it . But early in the morning the front door was open---not even closed shut. Only 2 bathrooms available and I think there were at least 10 guests at one time (maybe more) so you would probably need to wait in line if you need to go.

Conveniently located in a small alley near the Mapogu kiosks and main shopping street in Hongdae, but not too noisy at night. It's run more like a homestay than a guesthouse; there were a lot of long-term stay students with all their stuff strewn everywhere. Security is non-existent (doors are never locked and not enough lockers for everyone) and facilities are not cleaned daily. There are only 2 bathrooms and the shower and toilet are connected; the bathrooms could use more frequent cleaning.

Perfect for my needs

• 2nd Aug 2014

Our stay with Pumpkin Guesthouse was wonderful! The guesthouse was clean and beds were comfortable. The staff went above and beyond (answering the phone at 4am, coming to unlock a bathroom door, and assisting with birthday surprises); they definitely care about their guests and will go out of their way to make sure everyone is taken care of! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will be back soon!

• 19th Jul 2014

a busy and bustling guesthouse - lots of permanant students staying there so there were lots of visitors and always people! the whole hongdae area is quite noisy with lots of street performers and lots going on every night of the week so don't stay there if you want a quiet night's sleep!! the staff were friendly and fun, security very relaxed...but still comfortable and clean. toast with jam was the included breakfast..ok for a few days!

It was a bit hard to find, but tucked away in a great location by the main streets in Hongdae. The room and bathroom were exceptionally clean (yay!). I stayed in the dorm and the other girls turned off the AC at night, but that's really my only complaint (and not the property's fault). The staff were very friendly and even moved my reservation for me when my plans changed.

A little to unorganized at first but the staff grew on me. They threw a nice party and created a nice relaxed environment. Due to the location so close to a party area,it can be a little hard to sleep if you go to bed to early.

U must pick pumpkin. Best choice ever.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • China

The location was great, right in the middle of Hongdae but the Hostel needs some TLC, especially the restroom.

Really enjoyed my stay. Didn't feel like a hostel at all. Felt like a bunch of people living together under one roof. They had a roof top party on Saturday which was awkward at first because everyone spoke Korean and knew each other but they did try to make an effort to speak in English to me, which made me feel welcome. Would definitely recommend this hostel.