Punto Urbano Reviews

Av.Godoy Cruz 326 Ciudad Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina

The breakfast is amazing!! Also the free wine every night from 8 till 9. Nice commen room oitside. The only thing there came only warm water outside the tap and the bathrooms upstairs didnt flush. Overall realy good hostel!!

Breakfast so far the best in South America. Met really nice people in the hostel. I stayed in the girls dorm. They could renovate the toilets and bathrooms. When I stayed there at some point half of the toilets was not working at some point. Quiet annoying. Garden is great.

Very good hostel with nice people and helpful staff. The breakfast is amazing (pancakes, omelets, media lunas, bread, cereals and more). The backyard is cozy and the atmosphere really good. Even though many people stay here, the rooms are quiet and you get a good Night sleep. It would be stupid not to stay here! :-)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Amazing breakfast! Would go here just for that. Walking distance to the centre. Nice patio and helpful staff. Showers ok but not always with hot water. Overall good experience, would definitely come back.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Thanks for your review. Regards Punto Urbano Staff

Really nice hostel! There are lots of bathrooms so I never had to wait - I totally appreciated that! But bathrooms are all really worn out (but really clean though!). In fact, cleanliness of the whole hostel was really good. Matresses are really worn out, too. Breakfast is awesome, there are omelettes and pancakes! That´s actually the best hostel breakfast I´ve ever had.

Thank you very much for your comment. Safe travels! Punto urbano hostel

Not great first impressions but the place grows on you. The kitchen/garden area is nice and communal and the breakfast is great. Some of the toilets/showers could do with a bit of a fix up and the rooms onto the road can be a bit noisy, but you're not crammed into them. Free wine of an evening a nice touch

Great value for the money. Breakfast is wonderful, omelettes or crepes to order. Plus hard boiled eggs, fruit, coffee and pastries. The atmosphere is really nice, a large back patio to hang out at and its really easy to meet other people. Free wine every night between 8-9. Different activities like asado and empanada making classes. The staff was super nice and let me leave my bags there while I went o Chile for a week. Will return!

Thanks!!! See you soon, Cheers! Punto urbano Staff

The bed mattresses were torn and looked dirty ( same with old tired pillows - yak!!) , no bed protectors on them (!). No hot water in bathrooms, bathrooms in poor condition very shabby and in need of refurbishment, only some electricity sockets in bedrooms working, very poor breakfast selection ( guests asked to wash dishes after themselves - most of them were dirty...) .

It's really hot in the dorm because there's no air co or nothing... But the patio and the kitchen are really nice!

The last night was impossible to sleep due to Druck and very loud guests.

• 30th Jan 2015

Best hostel I have been to so far! Great atmosphere, great for meeting people! They have a very nice patio where everybody is eating and drinking together every night until pretty late.However, if you want to sleep, you can, as it is not noisy at all. Nice and helpful staff. They are making improvements (like putting new lights, painting things etc.) every day, so really making an effort to make the hostel look nice.They organise a lot of activities too.I definitely recommend it! Good breakfast!

The breakfast is just amazing and the staff is very nice. We can stay all day long in the hostel just enjoying the terrasse and the athmosphere. There are many activities and excurtions organized by the hostel. The kitchen is fully equiped. Dormitories and showers are clean. We had a very nice stay in this hostel. We recommand it.

• 29th Jan 2015

La ducha no funcionaba bien, me bañé con agua fría.

Great hostel with awesome people. However, dirty bathrooms/showers, only cold water while we were there. Unfortunately we got BB while straying there. Had to wash everything in hot water. Wasted 2 days. Had to move hostels as more bites after moving rooms. Other people with bites too. :( bunk beds in 4 person dorm rm 6 also very unstable. Pros were obvious free great breaky and free wine with great social atmosphere.

Stayed at the hostel for two nights. good location, good breakfast, nice patio, good place for meeting other travellers... would definitely go there again! :)

My partner and I stayed here for three nights. On arrival we were able to check in straight away to our room ( great after a long bus trip). It was peak summertime during our stay and very hot and humid. Our private room appeared to be the only one without aircon despite paying the same amount. We had a ceiling fan but it was half broken with ceiling attachment coming out of the ceiling meaning it made banging noises constantly. The bed was very uncomfortable and bedding worn. Great outdoor area

I think it is simple things that make a hostel a great or not good experience. In our experience that bathrooms were the dirtiest we had on our month long trip, there were exposed wires in our room, it was Very hot while we were in Mendoza and the AC unit did not work in the room. When the staff was notified and we asked for a little fan, they replied that they only had one that needed to stay in a different room. There was no cold or even luke warm water for 1 day while we were there.

• 23rd Jan 2015

It was a very pleasant stay.

Thanks! Safe travels

Nice back yard, great breakfast. Totally recommend the horse riding tour!

I feel home, the staff is wonderful and tonight's Asado with the meat melting in my mouse was delicious.

Thanks for your comment. Enjoy your trip! Punto Urbano Staff