Punto Urbano Reviews

Av.Godoy Cruz 326 Ciudad Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina

It was a very pleasant stay.

Nice back yard, great breakfast. Totally recommend the horse riding tour!

• 23rd Jan 2015

I feel home, the staff is wonderful and tonight's Asado with the meat melting in my mouse was delicious.

Very nice and friendly place! Used it for giant laundry and cleaning of equipment after climbing Aconcagua.

Thanks for your review. Enjoy your trip!!! Cheers! Punto Urbano Hostel

Great staff, helpful and kind! Very good breakfast, nice backyard and big kitchen. Highly recommended!

Hola, Thanks a lot for your comment, we appreciate it. We will be waiting for you anytime. Cheers! Punto Urbano Hostel

I really enjoyed my stay at Punto Urbano. The girl in the morning helped me to book tours and gave me a lot of tips about the city. The mate class, empanadas class and bbq are great for making new friends. The dorms are big and clean, breakfast is great and they have huge patio to enjoy day and night. Extremely recomended!!

Good surprise. Nothing flash but ticked all the boxes. Nice courtyard, good breakfast, quiet, clean, good shower etc etc. staff were particularly helpful and a free wine at 8pm was a good touch.

Thank you, Safe travels! Punto Urbano Staff

The hostel was clean and very organized. The staff were very helpful in regards to planning excursions or additional activities. It is great that they have a washer available. However, it is first come first serve and it is in constant use. The dorm rooms have huge lockers and each bed has its own electrical outlet.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Hola, Thanks for your comment, we appreciate it. Regards, Punto Urbano Hostel

This hostel is poorly maintained, dirty, staff is unfriendly, and there are weird thumping noises all hours that prevent you from a decent night sleep. The shower is in the toilet and its unsanitary. Also, a staff member made a mistake and gave my room away the second night I was booked for and I was told to vacate without apology or any sort of compensation so that they could make way for another guest that booked online. This left me on the street and forced to take a bus elsewhere.

• 2nd Jan 2015

When you check in,you asked to shorten your stay to 1 night, YOU KNOW THAT IS THE TRUTH.Late at night you change your mind when a reservation already entered online.It was you that decided to give you room away when decide to change you original booking,Anyway, I personally apoligized and you told me not to worry because yo were going to take a night bus anyway. If you would have told me this was an issue for you, I would have helped you to sort this out. Regards Punto Urbano

The best hostel at my last 3 month! Comfortable beds with private light and socket. Breakfast with crepes and omlettes. Free wine every day one hour. Nice garden. Just 20AR$ from the terminal isn't correct, was 30-35

Thanks for your review! We will check this information about the taxi. Regards

Cozy courtyard, friendly staff and nice breakfast

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Thanks, Safe travels Punto Urbano Staff

The place is realy nice. Realy good breakfast.

We stayed in a private room which was basic but comfortable. The air conditioning worked great! The location is a little far from the centre - about 15 min walk so it's fine! We met loads of really nice people, the free wine for an hour is great in the evening. The pancakes in the morning are amazing! The staff are really nice, in particular a girl who's name I unfortunately forget now. The washing machines are really handy, the garden big and so is the kitchen. Recommend a stay here!

Hola, It was a pleasure you choose us. You are welcome any time. Take care! Punto Urbano Hostel

For some work-travel reasons i stayed at this hostal for the first time 2 years ago. I instantly felt at home, and so far always decided to come back to that place. For more than two months i stayed in total at this place i always felt at home. Magali that i met the first time i came is still so caring, helpful , friendly, and will instantly make you feel welcome . All the staff members were great and generate a very confortable atmosphere. Thank you all for this long stay at Punto Urbano!

With a lick of paint here and there and some effort made in the back yard this hostel could be great. If the wifi stops working, check that someone hasn't unplugged it (hostel staff often unaware!). Generally friendly staff and excellent breakfast however!

Thanks for your comment, We are working everyday to make improvements, painting, maintenance work, etc. We have a beautiful deck in the patio where you can sit for breakfast in the morning or refresh with some beers at night, apart of the cozy hammock to relax at any time Cheers! Punto Urbano Hostel

The first thing that comes to mind is the amazing breakfast. As almost everywhere in South America it is more on the sweet side. But apart from the usual stuff they also serve eggs and crossaints, plus (and this is where it really gets special) you get fresh pancakes and omlettes brought to your table if you like. Another nice thing are the free or very low cost workshops (mate classes, empanada classes, ...) that take place almost every evening. Free cake in the afternoon is another nice touch.

A very nice activity offered by the hostel is the horseback riding in the mountains. Very convenient is that you are picked up at the hostel and at the end of the activity the company, Buscando America, also drops you off again. The horseback riding itself includes a 2 hour ride in the mountains with a delicious Argentine barbecue afterwards (which even includes a vegetarian option). The guides are also very nice and make it into an amazing experience for all participants. A wonderful experience

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

I was very disappointed with my stay at Punto Urbano. I was unknowingly traveling to Mendoza on a weekend where there was a band playing an hour outside of the city, and the hostel used this as an excuse to hike up prices by 300% for Friday and Saturday. This is the only hostel in Latin America where I have experienced any sort of theft, and I know I was not the only guest to which this occurred. The facilities were also quite dirty. Overall, I was out several hundred pesos and a lost weekend.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • chapmans8977

we stayed in double room which actually was a small apartment. plenty of space but quite dated. good atmosphere in the hostel including an hour of free wine each night. excellent helpful staff

Not really my kind of hostel. It wasn't the best for solo travellers looking to meet people

Hello, I'm sorry you didn't feel ok here. Maybe, as you stay only one night you couldn´t feel the good vibes of our hostel and enjoy of the everyday activities as the mate class, empanadas cooking class, asado night among others that help solo travelers to find friends and socialize. Regards Punto Urbano Staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3