Punto Urbano Reviews

Av.Godoy Cruz 326 Ciudad Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina

Good staff but dead vibe - didn't think security was good and bunk beds wobbled a disturbing amount when someone climbed on them. Wouldn't go back there to be honest.

The bathroom wasn´t completely clean. Besides that, when we showered, the water could hit the door. So the dor had a bad smell, of wet wood... all the night smelling that. When we left, the employee said: will you pay for your stay?. We had payed the day before. Nobody had registered our payment. Luckly, I had the ticket, and I could show it. I didn´t like this place at all. It was not expensive, but anyways...

Punto Urbano is a great hostel! Perfect for the solo traveler as it is very social and has a great communal area to meet people! Similar to other hostels in Mendoza they offer free wine in the evenings, which is the perfect way to relax after a day of wine tasting! Highly recommend this hostel!

The hostel is one of the best hostels that we have been in argentina. there is a lot of free atraction like wine, spanish lessons. i have one point that if the hostel will do it he will be the perfect hostel. the have a one fan in every dorms room for 4/6/8 persons, i think they need to investment on a air condition every room and it will be the best hostel because in this season it so hot here.

I have come back to this hostel few times because it is very good. Good location, clean & safe, good a breakfast & free wine! Still over al the good things comes the staff adding extra value to everyone's stay, specially Eber who have everything under control & is always smiling & making jokes. That's how you want a hostel to be!!

Rooms were incredibly hot at night and if you had a fan it didn't work. Asked for a fan was told they were buying some, none showed up. Not much use staying in a hostel if you can't sleep. Reception staff were generally very helpful except a female busy updating her fb before helping someone. Breakfast was fine, constantly ran out of stuff, the staff person was too busy texting to refill it. It's :30 walk fm bus stn :10 fm main sq. Tours staff ambush new arrivals. Very disappointing.

The best part of this hostel is definitely be backyard/patio area. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the free wine happy hour. The bathrooms, both shower and toilet (usually in the same room), were not very nice. Broken toilet lids and weak water pressure. I had a private room, which was pretty hot, even with the unbalanced fan. I heard that other private rooms had A/C, though.

The staff herenis excellent. People that work in this hostel will try to help with everything they can. Unfortunetly, the infrastructure is really old. Beds are OK and there's aleays hot water in the showers.

Thanks for your comment, we are working in improve on our service

Brilliant hostel!! Good central location and great facilities. Super spacious courtyard where there's always a nice atmosphere and you're sure to meet other travellers, big rooms and decent beds, lots of clean showers/toilets, really really lovely staff (everyone from reception workers to chefs and the loveliest cleaners) and amazing breakfast with eggs and crepes!free laundry and unlimited free Mendoza wine 7-9pm every day, couldn't ask for more! They also organise great tours and some bbqs.

Thanks, Was great to meet you. You were exactly the type of guest we love receiving here ! enjoy the rest of your trip! :

I travelled by myself and had a blast staying in Punto Urbano. The pillows and the beds were not really comfy but you can get away with it. The people I've met there made my stay a great one. Definitely would come back!.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Argentina

thank you so much! It was a pleasure to recieve you here! Thanks for your comment! We wait for you again :)

Thanks - I had a really good time. I especially enjoyed the new years party!

Very nice! Bathrooms were the only let down... The staff were amazing!

Breakfast is awesome!!! Fresh pancakes, scrambled eggs Or sunny Side up! Lovely Garden too, awesome hammocks. Showers are fine beds are good! Thanks you for a lovely stay!!

We arrived at this hostel, only to be told on arrival that there was no electricity in our room (after an 18 hour bus ride). They said they could most likely have the situation fixed the following day, which normally I would accept, but it was about 38 degrees, and stinking hot in the rooms, and obviously no AC. They organised a room for us at a sister hotel, but that room did not have an ensuite as we had booked. The toilet was leaking for two nights after. Staff provided poor info. Hostel dirt

A nice hostel with a beautiful outdoor area, great free wine that flowed generously, lovely staff, free use of the laundry and great vibe.

Limited showers. Light in 2nd floor shower was out. Noisy. My bed felt like ii was sleeping in the street with the traffic. i stayed 2 days and never heard of any free wine.

- Very friendly and personable staff (ask for Gonzales' fried eggs or crepes in the morning). - The spacious backyard with the churrasco rack really created a community vibe and brought people together

I booked the apartment because it was only 40 pesos more than a double room with shared bathroom, but had its own bathroom and kitchen. The apartment feels dated and the stoves didn't work, but it was clean enough and could sleep 4 people. The courtyard is a nice place to chill. Breakfast was nice - apart from bread and cereal, we also got pancakes or eggs. Receptionist was friendly and helpful.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Lovely courtyard for socialising, kind and friendly staff made our stay very pleasant. Delicious breakfast pancakes and free wine from 7 - 9pm were generous perks that added value.

• 10th Dec 2015
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

In overall a nice hostel, the best part is that they have a lot tours and free wine so it is a really good place to met other people. The atmosphere is really good. The toilets are old and sometimes a bit dirty. I would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4