Punto Urbano

8.2
Fabulous 758 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Jun 2017

Free wine! Friendly staff, good outside area, would come again

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
25th May 2017
6.0

Had a private room for about $30aus, definatley got what we paid for, mouldy hole in the roof dripping water onto our lugguge. Very run down old building, kitchen always filthy maybe from guests? Good breaky and were able to check in early which was really handy after long flight/airport sleep. Wifi good. Lockers/cupboards in private room. Location okay, tours on offer.. wouldnt go back

• Australia, Male, 25-30
20th May 2017

Really cool hostel with a nice chill vibe and good location. Staff are always accommodating and very helpful. Gianina was especially helpful. Breakfast is good and free wine at night is a nice addition. Definitely would recommend.

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th May 2017
7.1

The free wine and people were awesome, the free breakfast and coffee was really good as well. My friend and I got upgraded to a private room free of charge, but the ceiling in the private room was drooping and leaking from two corners so the floors (and one wall of outlets) was always wet, which seemed kind of dangerous. The outlets even started smoking and making popping noises in the night, but nothing caught on fire.. Other than that I really loved this hostel

Hi Mary Jo Headrick, thank you for your help. We thought that you preferred that room that is moistened with the heating by the cold outside and the heat inside. I hope you follow your trip well

• Switzerland, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
17th May 2017

Great hostel, good location, wifi, kitchen, breakfast, dorms, nice garden area, owner is super friendly and let me take breakfast after I arrived in the morning for free, great promotion with free wine during happy hour, I really enjoyed my stay there and would definitely go back.

23rd Apr 2017
6.0

I don't recommend staying here. When people say it's a little run down, that's too generous. Things are broken: the light in one bathroom, the soap dispensers in some bathrooms, things all over are half broken. My locker turned out to be one of them! And someone broke it open and stole money. The police think it was a staff member since they must have known the condition, and the owner was not helpful. They have a ton of people living there for cleaning too, but they don't seem to clean.

15th Apr 2017
8.0

Decent but not great. Hostel staff were friendly and informative and you can book activities through them. Not many English speakers there in my experience, unlike some other hostels. Mattress too small for the bed. Free wine was a big bonus though.

12th Apr 2017
7.7

It's clear this hostel was once really good but has fallen on harder times: the owner (a really friendly and nice guy) attributes this to poor hiring and increased competition. You can do worse than stay here - it's not too bad. At the bottom of town (~15 min to centro, ~10 min taxi from bus terminal), its secure (buzzer on gate, good lockers), cheap, and with free wine. Breakfast is good (crepes or eggs), staff are friendly (help with trips etc), and wifi is good. It just needs a refurb/update!

• Denmark, Couple, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017

We had a great stay. Free bottle of wine at arrival and free wine every evening. Breakfast was amazing. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful; I had to change the date for my bus tickets, and the receptionist helped me with calling the bus company. Also helped us with arranging trips. The hostel arranges social events almost every day, but unfortunately no one signed up when we stayed. So it was not super easy to meet other people.

31st Mar 2017

I've stayed in quite a few hostels in Chile/Argentina and this was definitely my favorite! Really nice place; I highly recommend it!