Punto Urbano Reviews

Av.Godoy Cruz 326 Ciudad Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina

The first thing that comes to mind is the amazing breakfast. As almost everywhere in South America it is more on the sweet side. But apart from the usual stuff they also serve eggs and crossaints, plus (and this is where it really gets special) you get fresh pancakes and omlettes brought to your table if you like. Another nice thing are the free or very low cost workshops (mate classes, empanada classes, ...) that take place almost every evening. Free cake in the afternoon is another nice touch.

I was very disappointed with my stay at Punto Urbano. I was unknowingly traveling to Mendoza on a weekend where there was a band playing an hour outside of the city, and the hostel used this as an excuse to hike up prices by 300% for Friday and Saturday. This is the only hostel in Latin America where I have experienced any sort of theft, and I know I was not the only guest to which this occurred. The facilities were also quite dirty. Overall, I was out several hundred pesos and a lost weekend.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • chapmans8977

Not really my kind of hostel. It wasn't the best for solo travellers looking to meet people

Hello, I'm sorry you didn't feel ok here. Maybe, as you stay only one night you couldn´t feel the good vibes of our hostel and enjoy of the everyday activities as the mate class, empanadas cooking class, asado night among others that help solo travelers to find friends and socialize. Regards Punto Urbano Staff

Had so much fun staying at your hostel. The people at the front desk were ever so helpful and did everything to help make my stay amazing. Spent time at hundreds of hostels and this one is one of the best. Thank you for everything you guys did. Beer festival was worth the extra time spent. Special thanks to Magali for your patience with me.

Good hostel at a pretty central location. Staff was very helpful and free breakfast was delicious. Free wine hour helps too. Only problem was that the door and window in my room didn't seem to lock (it could just be me since I'm really bad with doors) and there was no locker since it's a private, but I don't really have any valuables anyways. Would stay again!

The free wine in the backyard helps to get to know the people and adds to the nice atmosphere. Breakfast is better than in other places as you get more than the usual dry bread and dulce de leche/jam. Nonetheless the facilities are rather old and especially the bathrooms need some new stuff and please, guys, hooks! Overall I enjoyed the stay there though and can recommend the hostel.

Quite the basic hostel. Spacious, great hang-out area outside, wi-fi was a bit shaky, really nice breakfast, mattress and pillow was run down, easy walking distance to center, helpful staff.

You can book all your activities and organize outings with them and they have free wine for an hour each night plus a large outdoor garden and multiple common areas. Good place.

Staff were very helpful with getting to wineries around Mendoza. The asado dinner was very good! Great breakfast. While laundry is offered, it was in use the whole time I was there so I couldn't wash my stuff :/

A really fantastic hostel. The staff were incredibly attentive and were always ready to help. The breakfast, free wine and free empanada classes were amazing! Excellent value for money and the perfect atmosphere to enjoy the City and meet new people :)

Had a lovely time in Punto Urbano, we were only ment to stay for 3 nights and ended up staying for 6!! The breakfast is AMAZING and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Also the back garden is beautiful and peaceful AND has wifi, what more could you want!

• 10th Nov 2014

This is a brilliant hostel! While first appearances aren't great, we grew to love this place and were really sorry to leave. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the place was unbelievable value for money. Between the great spread for breakfast (including delicious made-to-order pancakes!), free wine hour and free empanada-making (eating!) classes, we fekt like they were paying us to stay! The kitchen is great and the place is really clean. They offer tours too. Highly recommended!

The hostel itself was great - comfortable and great location. The staff is exceptional! They book excursions for you and answer any questions about Mendoza.

Personnel très serviable et gentil. l' auberge a besoin d' un petit 'LIFT UP' Aucun endroit pour serrer ou accrocher les vêtements.La fenêtre de notre chambre donnait sur un patio et ne se barrait pas, par contre on la réparer après deux jours.Petit déjeuné inclus délicieux.Bon rapport qualité/prix.

Nice, chill, vibrant place. Rooms are well sized and beds are quite comfy. Beautiful 'garden' to sit in and twice a week a BBQ for 120 pesos including wine. Go cycling in Maipu bodegas instead of booking an arranged tour!

Thanks for your comment Rob! Cheers! Punto Urbano Staff

I had an okay stay here. The beds are small and creaky (especially the wooden ones) and the mattresses really need renewing. I had a dorm to myself, though, which was nice and you can't fault security in this place as nobody gets in our out of the building without being buzzed in or out. Staff was friendly and helpful. Kitchen is big, but not well stocked, basic tools are missing and an upgrade in pots and pans would be good as well. The backyard is nice and the breakfast quite good.

Thanks Anja for your comment, we'll be working to improve. Have a nice trip. Regards Punto Urbano Staff

Our stay was great, but we were continuously told to be quiet even though it was 10pm on a saturday and they provided free wine

• 31st Oct 2014

Thanks for your comment girls, I'm sorry that you feel like that. One of our services is free wine for 1 hour in order to create a social ambiance, but dont forget this is not a party hostel. We have a sociable hostel without forgeting about those guests that want to sleep because they have activities early in the morning. Regards Punto Urbano Staff

Great hostel! Breakfast in amazing... Made to order pancakes/Omlettes, cerial, rolls and pastries! Rooms are nice and spacious with lockers. (Our fan didn't work though) washing machine available which is nice and they also have free activities some evenings like empanadas

Thanks for your comment. The fan is already fixed. Save travels!! Punto urbano Staff

Had a really good stay at this hostel, breakfast was amazing. Only negative is that the staff were unfriendly and behaved like you were bothering them.

This hostel is exceptionally good value for money, the breakfast is exquisite, and the garden is a lovely refuge from the city. Very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, lots of great free extras, such as wine every night and pancakes at breakfast. The only tiny thing missing was free tea and coffee throughout the day, a minor thing that some other hostels provide. But, I would 100% stay again, excellent hostel.

Thanks for your review. We followed your advise and implement it so, next time you stay with us you would be able to enjoy of a cup of tea or coffee at any time of the day. Thank you very much! Punto Urbano Staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3