Pura Vida Hostel Reviews

calle guanacaste, 100m oeste de banco national a, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

The hostel was great, would definetly stay there again. We had a private room and the room was spacious and clean. The staff was awesome, you really felt like home there. The hanging out area was very nice and every evening people sat there together and spent the evening. Location is also good, walking distance to the beach but away from the bar-noice.

I been in many 4-5 stars hotels and I can't recall better customer service! Pura Vida staff is helpful like no others. You don't even have time to finish thinking your need and it's already on the table. The spot is perfect, not too far from the beach and not close ... so you have the tranquility needed. The social area is perfect! The kitchen super clean! I can't point any negative point in my 6 days stay ... I'm coming back that's for sure!

• 10th Oct 2014

Thank you for review :) Hope to see you next month again :) Tomas

Pura Visa the only hostel to stay at in Tamarindo. The owners care about your stay and do their best to make sure your experience is a positive one. They know you by name and can recommend things to do all over Costa Rica that fit for you. I've stayed in about 10 hostels all over central America and this is by far my favorite. Pura vida has great travelers from all over. I can't say enough good things about this place!

• 24th Sep 2014

Hey man where are you ??? all the girls are asking about you !!! safe travells loads of smiles to you ... thanks for a review . PVT

Amazing staff, super knowledgable and interactive. The hostel hosts events throughout the week which were actually enjoyable- Normally hostel ran excursions aren't my favorite.

great time!! bus schedule should be posted for customers to see....

Hi Thank you for your review, It was pleasure to have you here, hope to see you again. Regarding the bus schedule we have it here in the book and I think i showed you buses from it couple of times . Have fun on your travels Kind regards Tomas

Very nice atmosphere and Robert is a very helpful guy...

The service was great. Just wish the rooms were a bit cleaner looking.

• 22nd Aug 2014

fantastic hostel with a great vibe! I met some great people there and really enjoyed it! well run, great communal space and relaxed. I would stay there again :)

Thank you for taking time to write a nice review :) It was pleasure to have you here:)

I received such a warm and wonderful welcome staying at Pura Vida! I wouldn't trade it for anything! Robert is wonderful and creates a fantastic community in this wonderful hostel. The beds are very comfortable too!

I loved this place. Didn't want to leave. Stayed an extra 3 days. The ambience was very special. Robert, who runs the hostel, loves to cook and even bake bread. He shares with all . What a treat!

The hostel is a bit if a walk to the main strip and to the beach. It's on a prettying dirt road that at times can be annoying to walk every time you want to go to and from the hostel. For 12$ a night it's a good deal. I wouldn't stay again, though.

Robert was great with recommending restaurants and overall being very helpful with anything we needed. Chill vibe, no issues. I would have liked to have the option of a small blanket just for when AC was on (without is WAY too hot) but never asked!

Had an amazing stay at Pura Vida hostel. We booked for 3 nights, and afterwards extended our stay for nearly 2 weeks. The owners Robert and Thomas are amazing - very helpful and always happy to hang out and have some fun. The hostel itself is just outside the main strip, which makes it a nice quiet place - although there are usually people hanging out in the main area if you are up for it. Rooms are simple and clean - just what we needed. Had a fantastic stay and would go back!

Pura Vida was amazing! Thank you for all your help. We will never forget you all.

• 10th Jun 2014

Planned to stay 2 nights end up here almost 2 weeks :)This place has the best Vibes :) Very positive vibe all over hostel. I felt very welcome here and I made many friends for life. Thomas and Robert are amazing hosts. Pura Vida

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Norway

I traveled all around the world but this hostel is by far the best one i ever stayed in my life. Robert and Thomas are the best host and always make sure you having fun and they recommend only the best places in town. Social are is beautiful and you can meet lots of new friends. Two big kitchens for cooking and always clean. Nice tunes playing all day long. This hostel is Perfection. Don't look any further this is the place to stay.

• 26th May 2014

Really great place to stay in centre of everything. Situated close to beach bars everything is just next door. Special thanks to Tomas and Robert for all their help with organizing my trip, they backpacked most of CR and have good knowledge where to go and what places to avoid. If you are looking for clean and safe place where you can meet lots of new friends and have lots of fun this is really where to stay. Very recommended !!!

• 6th May 2014