Pura Vida Hostel Reviews

calle guanacaste, 100m oeste de banco national a, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Best hostel i ever stayed in.clean ,comfy ,good music all day long, free coffe and free surfboards.very recomended .

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Slovakia

This hostel is a little out of the way.

Pura Vida Hostel was such a laid back place, everybody is just chilling enjoying the tropical weather Tamarindo offers. The staff was very helpful and informative.

Absolutely wonderful. The staff are friendly and incredibly helpful.

The hostel is about a block or two away from town, which we thought was a good thing because we had peace and quiet. The staff was very friendly with helping us to find activities to do and schedule our shuttle to our next stop in Costa Rica. Fun lounge area with hammocks where you can meet new people. Two kitchens which is great if you want to make your own food. Pad locked gate in the front so felt secure. Learn more about our trip at my blog: http://chasinsunflowers.blogspot.com/

Loved this hostel. Was a bit of a walk to anything we needed and especially to the beach but everything else made up for it. Nice and quiet and relaxing and the people are super friendly!

WE LOVED this hostel! The staff are amazing and so accommodating, we left at one point to stay at the pura vida mini hostel because we had done our bookings ahead of time but we immediately missed the pura vida hostel so we came back! The atmosphere is incomparable and I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Go see Marta she will help you out!!! :) -Tessa and Alexa from canada :)

• 9th Feb 2015

Staff is helpful when it comes to advice about further travels. Sometimes, however, they are not present and you mustering the bell and wait. Not really a problem, tho.

I stayed here for two nights and it was fine. The beds and pillows were really comfortable but the rooms were super hot. The location is nice because it is away from the super touristy area and really close to a delicious restaurant and coffee shop called La Bodega. We didn't take advantage of it but they offer free surf boards. Overall it wasn't a super memorable place but I was only there for 2 nights and Tamarindo wasn't my favorite place either.

• 4th Feb 2015

Awesome hostel with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff! I can really recommend this place!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Atmosphere was perfect- both chill and upbeat at different times. Good vibes. It was cleaned every morning, the hAmmocks and docking chairs are perfectly chill, and turtle tours with Sergio is a must!

We really enjoyed our stay! Nice common room and 2 kitchens so plenty of space to cook. The owners were really helpful and friendly! Thank you!

Super cool and chill atmosphere! The staff were helpful and the $2 breakfast was solid. My only complaints are there are a lack of charging outlets and no communal bathroom. We had a blast at Pura Vida in Tamarindo!

The hostal seemed to be a bit off of the beaten path. Usually that's not a problem for me, but Tamarindo has no showers or bathrooms on the beach so a closer hostel would have been more convenient. As well, as an older traveler, I found that most guests were quite young so I felt a little out-of-place. For the younger, future guests, I am sure they will enjoy it.

Really friendly owner- go as a guest, leave as a friend!

• 20th Nov 2014