Pura Vida Hostel Reviews

calle guanacaste, 100m oeste de banco national a, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Overall an ok hostel, sadly the security was really bad. Despite telling us about their secure parking we had our car broken into and backpacks stolen. The police told us it was the fourth time in three weeks that security had 'fallen asleep' while a break in occured, its hard to write a good review when you lose everything. Lockers are provided in the dorms but not big enough for a back pack. The staff were very helpful with phone calls ect after the event but i cant recommend the place.

This was a great hostel. The staff was so helpful in pointing us in the right direction. The rooms were clean and had AC, which was amazing! It's a short walk to the beach and to all the bars and resturants. We would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Jun 2015

I absolutely loved the atmosphere at the Pura Vida. It's a laid back and chill place with an outdoor space next to one kitchen. Is sufficiently away from the city center to stay away from noise but still close enough to walk to restaurants, nightlife and the beach. I stayed there in June (low season) so not sure how quiet it is on high season. The night I arrived they had love music and guests were gathered listening to it. I was offered surfboards to use. I wished I could've stayed longer.

The dorm and bathroom was clean, beds comfortable and the common-area great with hammocks, tables etc. Wifi ist fast and stable and the location just 5 min. walk from stores and restaurants and maybe 10 min. from the beach. It's quite and secure (staff present most of the time and front-door locked at night). It's definitely a good place to stay a while.

Great place and awesome atmosphere with tons of friendly people. The people make the hostel.

This hostel was amazing. The staff were incredible and made you feel like part of the Family. Tomas was especially awesome and helpful with everything you need. I had only intended on staying here a few days but ended up extending my trip and even came back!

Super nice chilled place for everybody :) Thomas is super nice, accommodating and efficient... pura vida ;) Only draw back is the distance to the main surfing spot. Walking is cool, but walking with a heavy board is a good work out. Otherwise it's close to the supermarket and restaurants/bars.

Best hostel i ever stayed in.clean ,comfy ,good music all day long, free coffe and free surfboards.very recomended .

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Slovakia

This hostel is a little out of the way.

Pura Vida Hostel was such a laid back place, everybody is just chilling enjoying the tropical weather Tamarindo offers. The staff was very helpful and informative.

Absolutely wonderful. The staff are friendly and incredibly helpful.

The hostel is about a block or two away from town, which we thought was a good thing because we had peace and quiet. The staff was very friendly with helping us to find activities to do and schedule our shuttle to our next stop in Costa Rica. Fun lounge area with hammocks where you can meet new people. Two kitchens which is great if you want to make your own food. Pad locked gate in the front so felt secure. Learn more about our trip at my blog: http://chasinsunflowers.blogspot.com/

Loved this hostel. Was a bit of a walk to anything we needed and especially to the beach but everything else made up for it. Nice and quiet and relaxing and the people are super friendly!

WE LOVED this hostel! The staff are amazing and so accommodating, we left at one point to stay at the pura vida mini hostel because we had done our bookings ahead of time but we immediately missed the pura vida hostel so we came back! The atmosphere is incomparable and I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Go see Marta she will help you out!!! :) -Tessa and Alexa from canada :)

• 9th Feb 2015

Staff is helpful when it comes to advice about further travels. Sometimes, however, they are not present and you mustering the bell and wait. Not really a problem, tho.

I stayed here for two nights and it was fine. The beds and pillows were really comfortable but the rooms were super hot. The location is nice because it is away from the super touristy area and really close to a delicious restaurant and coffee shop called La Bodega. We didn't take advantage of it but they offer free surf boards. Overall it wasn't a super memorable place but I was only there for 2 nights and Tamarindo wasn't my favorite place either.

• 4th Feb 2015

Awesome hostel with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff! I can really recommend this place!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Atmosphere was perfect- both chill and upbeat at different times. Good vibes. It was cleaned every morning, the hAmmocks and docking chairs are perfectly chill, and turtle tours with Sergio is a must!