Pura Vida MINI Hostel - Tamarindo Reviews

Calle Langosta, 200m North from the beach, 20m North from Kahiki Restaurant., Tamarindo, Costa Rica

We had a nice stay, the dorms were good w/ a/c and comfortable beds. The commun area is great, kitchen has everything you need. there is only 2 bathroom/shower (one man one woman) for everybody in the dorm, and we were asked to go to bed at 11 because we were still talking in the commun area.. But still nice hostel and really nice town, close to everything. Some people got some things robbed in their car on the street while they were waiting for the check in so be careful!

Great location, honest and very helpful staff, will follow up on your request and remind or update you often.

Nice vibe, great communal spaces to hang out. Close to the beach and town, but away from the noise. Not all the private rooms have AC; if I could do it again I would have gotten the deluxe private because the rooms get quite warm without AC. Occasionally, howler monkeys would come onto the property!

Beds were super comfortable. Rebecca was very nic and accommodating. Good value for money.

Amazing staff and very helpful 5 minutes from the beach and you have access to a pool... very refreshing!!! I experienced better atmosphere in other hostels but this is a great value for money! Def not a party place, especially during low season!

Loved staying here. Rebecca was an excellent host, and had great recommendations for tours and activities going on. Would definitely stay here again.

• 1st May 2015

Great hostel to stay at while surfing for a few days in Tamarindo! Pura Vida mini hostel has a communal vibe with an inviting, chill atmosphere, and staff offered really helpful information about town, surf shops, yoga studios, restaurants to check out, etc. Definitely recommend!!

Awesome place, great staff.

Staff was great super friendly, a very quiet hostel with a social atmosphere, clean kitchen and good location.

The staff is super friendly and fun!! Thanks for making it such an enjoyable stay!! Very clean and the air conditioner was great!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Pura Vida Mini is by far the best hostel in Tamarindo! It is about 5 minutes from the main strip and 10 minutes from the beach, but worth the walk. A/C in the rooms at night, outdoor hammocks and deck for lounging, towels for rent, free wifi, functional bathrooms (not great but hot water), and overall peaceful location. No breakfast, but who cares. There was a water shortage when I visited, so they asked that you only shower during certain hours.(not great but hot water) .

Really great vibes. Awesome staff. Rebecca was super informative and helpful. Met cool people. Very laid back. Good kitchen, good bathrooms. Have a key but they don't really lock the door. It's small and homie. We took a shuttle to Montezuma that they booked for us but they charged us $50 instead of $40, just an FYI. However, we would highly recommend!

• 7th Mar 2015

Pura Vida MINI hostel is in a great location with clean, basic accommodations that won't disappoint but what makes this place exceptional are the staff! Rebecca and Lilly really make this place and are incredibly hospitable. From hooking me up with an airport transfer, connecting me with a surfing buddy at the hostel, to just kicking it and talking about anything under the sun, these ladies are two of the best hostel staff members you'll have the pleasure of meeting.

• 6th Mar 2015

Great vibe, cute place, very helpful staff. We loved Rebecca! The chillout areas are really cool and the location could hardly be better. The place is worth every penny. We loved everything about it. The beach bonfire was awesome!

The employee's were great! Some of the people staying were pretty gross. I understand the need to conserve the water, however I think the water should be off from 10/11 am- 6pm when people are usually at the beach or out in town. When we arrived there was no water, shared bathroom, which someone vomitted in and could not flush...no water. Up at 8 am, I couldn't brush my teeth... no water....not the fault of staff, just dirty foreigners....

• 27th Feb 2015

Had a great time at this hostel. Very laid back and great to relax in the evenings and meet people. Rebecca and Lilly were two of the best hosts I've had in a hostel and really helped me enjoy my time in tamarindo and the rest of Costa Rica!

I've just got to say the two girls who looked after is were FANTASTIC, the vibe of the place was positive and upbeat!. We couldn't have asked for a better first hostel!.

• 21st Feb 2015

I stayed one night and it was perfect. If you wanted to stay in a place that reminds you of america, tamarindo is the place to go. Pura vida mini hostel was off the beaten path a little which I loved. It reminded me that i was still in Costa rica. It was a 2 min walk to the beach away from all commercial things. Air conditioned rooms. Great kitchen. Cool little hang out 'rancho' and plenty of hammocks. Bring bug spray! Lots of mosquitos. Overall great hostel. Not so great town.

• 13th Feb 2015

Very cool hostel and i will gladly return. The shower water was cold but everything else was excellent. I left a belonging there which was shipped back to me so kindly. ..

Great small hostal. Enough space to choose to be on your own or to meet people. Pretty expensive. No breakfast included. Clean bathrooms/beds/toilets. Only two minutes walking to a not crowded beach. If you wanted a more crowded beach, 5 more minutes, not much. Very personal and helpfull staff!