Pura Vida MINI Hostel - Tamarindo Reviews

Calle Langosta, 200m North from the beach, 20m North from Kahiki Restaurant., Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Really great vibes. Awesome staff. Rebecca was super informative and helpful. Met cool people. Very laid back. Good kitchen, good bathrooms. Have a key but they don't really lock the door. It's small and homie. We took a shuttle to Montezuma that they booked for us but they charged us $50 instead of $40, just an FYI. However, we would highly recommend!

• 7th Mar 2015

Great vibe, cute place, very helpful staff. We loved Rebecca! The chillout areas are really cool and the location could hardly be better. The place is worth every penny. We loved everything about it. The beach bonfire was awesome!

The employee's were great! Some of the people staying were pretty gross. I understand the need to conserve the water, however I think the water should be off from 10/11 am- 6pm when people are usually at the beach or out in town. When we arrived there was no water, shared bathroom, which someone vomitted in and could not flush...no water. Up at 8 am, I couldn't brush my teeth... no water....not the fault of staff, just dirty foreigners....

• 27th Feb 2015

Had a great time at this hostel. Very laid back and great to relax in the evenings and meet people. Rebecca and Lilly were two of the best hosts I've had in a hostel and really helped me enjoy my time in tamarindo and the rest of Costa Rica!

I've just got to say the two girls who looked after is were FANTASTIC, the vibe of the place was positive and upbeat!. We couldn't have asked for a better first hostel!.

• 21st Feb 2015

I stayed one night and it was perfect. If you wanted to stay in a place that reminds you of america, tamarindo is the place to go. Pura vida mini hostel was off the beaten path a little which I loved. It reminded me that i was still in Costa rica. It was a 2 min walk to the beach away from all commercial things. Air conditioned rooms. Great kitchen. Cool little hang out 'rancho' and plenty of hammocks. Bring bug spray! Lots of mosquitos. Overall great hostel. Not so great town.

• 13th Feb 2015

Very cool hostel and i will gladly return. The shower water was cold but everything else was excellent. I left a belonging there which was shipped back to me so kindly. ..

Great small hostal. Enough space to choose to be on your own or to meet people. Pretty expensive. No breakfast included. Clean bathrooms/beds/toilets. Only two minutes walking to a not crowded beach. If you wanted a more crowded beach, 5 more minutes, not much. Very personal and helpfull staff!

The staff was super helpful and fun to talk to at the hostel. The hostel is set up the road from the downtown part of the city; which had very nice mellow vibe about it. It was really quiet and relaxing to just sit down on one of the bean bags and read your book. The other travelers there were really nice and almost felt like home being there for just one day! I would recommended anyone to stay at this hostel and wish I could of stayed longer! They have other affiliated hostels in Costa Rica!

Good accommodations, great owner. Stayed in private with two room shared bath. Quite nice. Very close to the beach. Definitely recommend

the staff at this hostel are VERY helpful and friendly. especially paul and rebecca. we enjoyed our stay here in a private room. be prepared to see huge disgusting grasshopper bugs, though. they are around at night. overall, the room was nice, staff were helpful, and we enjoyed our stay, despite me being horrified by the weird bugs.

Awesome hostel to hang out and meet people. Just a pity they stop the hostel life at 11 pm. All in all the hostel has a nice outdoor area with places to relax.

Awesome hostel! I already miss the relaxed vibe there! I will definitely recommend Pura Vida MINI hostel to other travelers! Cheers Oskar

Amazing staff and clientele. Perfect proximity to the beach and the towns amenities yet far enough away from the noise and chaos of the Tamagringo nightlife. Would gladly stay there again!

• 22nd Nov 2014

Excellent wifi, hammocks and great vibe!

The hostel is about 5 minutes from the main road. That was really nice because you could have a good sleep and not be woken up at 4 am by dance music. A relaxed hostel, not a party hostel.

• 15th Nov 2014

This hostel is great! The staff are super helpful and the set up is super chill and comfy. Happy to give advice on trip plans and buses. Rebecca (desk staff) has done a bunch of travelling round Costa and has some great recommendations so be sure to ask. We definitely hit some up and they were spot on.

Hostel with good vibes and nice commom area. At front desk we met Rebeca, always with a smile on her face and very helpful! And the most cute and sociable cat, Simba! Room (private) was fine, though pretty hot (we used the fan the whole night). There was a promise of hot water in showers, as usual in Costa Rica there was none. Day was so hot that cold shower was just what I needed,

There for a night, everything was great (room, kitchen, location, a/c) except the guy who was working the front desk, didn't seem like he was having a good day and wasn't the most responsive and seemed to take us as a nuisance. Otherwise, stay was good.

This is a great hostel. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The facilities were great, especially the common area. The hostel is also very close to the beach and only a few minute walk to the center of town. Will definitely be staying here again.