Pura Vida MINI Hostel - Tamarindo Reviews

Calle Langosta, 200m North from the beach, 20m North from Kahiki Restaurant., Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Extremely clean and the kitchen was well stocked. The owner was really helpful and knowledgable about routes/buses/times etc. The AC in our room started dripping inside badly the first night. We told the owner about this and she had a repairman come in that day to fix it! Two negative things was that the pool access, while lovely, is not close

• 19th Aug 2014

Good place. Didn't like the owner. Had a wierd system for next day reservations, some bullshit going on but the rooms are good.

Super cool hostel, good value, clean, it ticks all the boxes. The owner Miriam is super nice!

The owner of the hostel was very friendly accommodating. There was always a staff member available and willing to help with any questions. The location was ideal up the road from the beach and the town. Direct access to excursions set up for you through the hostel all you had to do was pay and show up.Very calm and cool atmosphere in which the people staying there have the opportunity to meet one another and hang out.Keep in mind esp when booking shuttle services name is Pura Vida MINI hostel.

• 15th Aug 2014

Everything was awesome. Pura vida!

A good chilled out atmosfare with with an excellent staff that will help you with everything you need! Comfy beds and a big kitchen to cook in

Marchicio I hope I spellcorrectly is a top host alongwith his sister fernanda. Made our stay!

Very Nice hostel, Nice personnel spécialy mauricio ! Hostel cheap with a lot of people to meet, the commun area was spécialy Nice to discuss with everyone !! Mehdi

• 14th Jul 2014

Great place! Good location, good price, good deal, has all the amenities, I recommend it 100%!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Costa Rica

Really good Hostel to stay in Tamarindo. The kitchen is fully equip and help a lot travellers on a budget to save money as Tamarindo is really expensive. The guy at the reception, René Luis is so helpfull. He is the reference for any questions travellers may have about Tamarindo but also about other countries of the region that he had already visited. I recommend the place. It close to the beach, like 1 minute walk no more, and it is full of hamacs.

I had a good time at Pura Vida mini Hostel. Rene, the guy working at the hostel when I was ther was a great guy to hang out with. The only minor qualm I had was that some 13% tax was added to the price advertised on hostelworld, which made the rate closer to $12 per night. I have never seen this tax before.

• 13th Jun 2014

I have met the owner in person and stayed here now almost for a month. I love this place. It's cheap, clean and especially a lot of value for budget travelers considering there is AC in the dorms. The location is walking distance to the beach. Great for beginner surfers who can walk up to Tamarindo beach and advanced surfers can go to playa Langosta which is not far if you take bus/taxi or have bycicle and your own board. Rene is one of the most friendly receptionists I have ever met!

I highly recommend staying at this pura vida mini hostel in tamarindo. Although the value isn't incredible, it's comparably one of the best values you'll find in tamarindo. The staff and facilities really stuck out to me, super friendly and helpful staff, and I loved the hammocks on the second floor balcony. Stay here!

For a twenty-something year old traveler, pura vida was perfect. Cheap and a lounge to meet other travelers. Can't ask for more. 45 second walk to the beach

• 31st May 2014

I was not impressed with the unfriendliness of the staff, I would not stay here again.

• 28th May 2014

Dear, thank you for your feedback. I am not sure to what unfriendliness of the staff you are commenting, as far as to my knowledge my staff member Lili - French Canadian spoke French and had a great time with you even exchanging a face book friendship. In the future please provide more details so we can attend to the issue immediately. Kindly Miriam

I've been travelling for 18 months and this is one of the nicest hostels I've been in. Super friendly staff (we did karaoke, margarita nights, burger nights); Perfect location (one little street from the beach, next to the bus stop and a supermarket, but quiet); Great atmosphere (lots of hammocks and trees); very clean and organized; annnnnnd, again, just super friendly people. I stayed for a week and would love to go again just to visit everyone who works there.

The doors all have locks and there are security cameras, but the facility itself is open to outside. Someone had a phone stolen (by someone not staying there), but it had been left unattended outside. Staff was very nice and helpful, made any reservation and recommendation for you. The atmosphere was relaxed and the clientele was very fun! It's a good place to make friends. It's only a minute walk to the beach and there's a supermarket and bars very close.

• 22nd May 2014

Big WIN at the MINI Pura Vida! Lili is the best and the guests were so awesome too!- all one big family. Far above average here by all measure. the atmosphere is so tranquil and home. The staff thru osmosis teach u about the city, the best beaches for relax or surfing, where to party, and the best SMOOTHIES! Omg ! Speaking of staff! The best part of this home is LILI!!!! owns pura vida attitude and will teach u the proper way to swing in a hammock. The other pura vida tried to rip me off!

Place is new therefore clean, staff is really nice and gret atmosphere all around