Puriwasi Lima Reviews

Av. La Paz 174 Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I've stayed in a great many hostels in Lima, but Puriwasi is by far my favorite! While its facilities won't blow you away, the friendliness of its staff absolutely will. Kathy and Wendy are wonderful, and are always eager to help any way they can. The roof top patio/bar is a great place to hang out--Gino is a top-notch barman--and the general atmosphere is great. Beware: I think it's room 304 that faces a club so on weekends it can be very noisy. Otherwise, if I'm in Lima I will be staying here!

I was initially concerned that there was no doors locked at all (dorms or front entrance), but the staff monioted those coming and going very well which made me feel safe. Location was great. Close to Miraflores and Barranco too. Staff were excellent and friendly. Only downside was that it was pretty loud when parties were happening at night as the ceiling-roof of the dorms are pretty open but if you´re up for a good time, that shouldn´t be a worry.

I can't say enough about Puri Wasi and I've been all over the world...good location, good value....but by far the best staff I've ever met! Everyone that works at that hostel is super amazing and super helpful! I spent 5 days there and loved every minute of it. Gino the bartender was great fun (and a great opponent at Fooseball). I absolutely loved my stay. Sure they could fix the front door, but the staff knew everyone by name and wouldn't allow a random stranger in the hostel! Highly recommend

A good hostel, in the middle of Miraflores, top location; friendly staff and plenty of social areas in the building. Very recomended..!!

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Ecuador

Good hostel, well placed in miraflores, and good people

Clean, cheap and good, the best Friends in the bar.

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Peru

Great location,5 minute walk from Centre. The best Menu Del Dia we've had is located around the corner. (Exit hostel, Turn right, take 1st right, located at few doors up on left) Unfortunately our dorm was located across the road from a busy loud bar. The kitchen is small...2 people max can cook at the same time!

Security is bad at the hostel. Front door latch is worn so it swings freely and it doesn't even close nor do you have to be buzzed in. For "luggage storage" I just had to leave my bag in a corner, not even in a closed door. Room did not have outlets near each bed or in the locker. Locker is a crappy wood box, could take it apart with a phillips head screwdriver. Atmosphere was alright, location is pretty central in Miraflores.

Nice hostel with good wifi and hot showers but could have done with a few extra toilets. Close to Kennedy park and Inca markets. Bunk beds are really high so try and get bottom bunk if you can! There is a bar but we didn't check it out at night so can't comment on the atmosphere.

Location is excellent. The wi-fi works great at the reception area and the hostel is quite clean; beds are comfortable. On Saturday night big noise coming from the streets can disrupt your sleep but it is normal due to location. Breakfast is basic and the food at the bar is ok and cheap. Safety could be improved by closing the external door because anyone can walk in through the stairs and there were few moments with no-one at the reception.It has webcams Atmosphere is really good and chilling.

Thanks for your review! We really appreciate all of your comments, so we can offer a better service to you! we hope to see you again soon!

stayed in many hostels around the world, & one of the worst experiences: STAFF: - on two occasions staff mimicked me, then asked wether I understood Spanish! Luckily my girlfriend is fluent and understood everything!! Extremely rude -acted as guests; ALWAYS on their phones or Facebook. Or too busy in convo with colleagues to notice you - little interaction with guests. No enthusiasm - other guests noticed this too -lukewarm showers -rock hard beds with hard springs -location not too bad

Overall the hostel was pretty nice, a big bin to lock your stuff up, good location in Miraflores, a nice deck to hang out and meet other guests. I wouldn't stay here again though because the staff was overall not very friendly. Felt like I was bothering them with any questions.

The hostel was very clean and had a good vibe! It wasn't a crazy party hostel but it wasn't dull either. The staff made an awesome effort to bring the Halloween fun to traveling guests this weekend. They decorated the terrace/bar and actively tried to engage with guests to get the party going! The breakfast was simple but did the job! Coffee/tea, bread and an hardboiled egg. The bathrooms were VERY clean, and the showers were great.. hot water and good water pressure.

Not bad place. Super comfy beds but no atmosphere

Perfect place

The hostel is in excellent location, staff are great and there is bar at the roof that has very nice atmosphere at night. Hot showers and wifi everywhere. Althogh, most of the time the hostel is very quiet and seems like no one there. Room are not so clean and including restrooms. Good value for money in general - recommended.

This hotel is really nice! The showers and beds are amazing. The staff are extremely helpful and catering towards the guests, particularly Andrea who was at reception and the bar upstairs is always fun.

• 24th Sep 2015

brilliant hostal in a prime location and a very helpful and young staff. rooms can get a tad crowded but they werent small, and they provided massive storage boxes for bags. wifi was good in common areas, not too great in rooms. good backpacker atmos, not a huge party hostal but they have regular rooftop drinks which was welcoming. basic breakfast but they have a small kitchen. staff were great with recommendations. bathrooms could get quite dirty quickly but this wasnt really the hostals fault.

The Best bed of my trip! Large and comfortable. Staff is helpful But not so friendly. Good location full options of food and activities around. Breakfast can be better and please, more water have shower.

We had a great time. The hostel sent someone to pick us up from the airport. After quick, hot showers with good water pressure, we went to the hostel bar and had a ton of fun before going to clubs with people we met there. The staff was really friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had an excellent stay with great facilities. See you soon.