Pushpa Guest House Reviews

Lakeside, Pahari Marga, Pokhara, Nepal

Raj was just the most accommodating and lovely host we'd stayed with on our entire trip. He made us feel so welcome, was incredibly helpful and informative, and made our stay in Pokhara very memorable! Facilities, location, cleanliness (and wifi!) were all great, couldn't be happier!

Spent two and a half weeks here, so that should about cover it. Lovely family, and would gladly return. Thanks, Raj!

Hotel manager raj and his staff really takes care of things that need to be taken care, neat bed, tidy room, hot shower availibility, wi fi is decent, i had a great stay, to sum it up, its kind of homestay, cheers

This guesthouse is fantastic.Great location, and Raj, the owner, is likely the nicest man in Pokhara. He set me up with his friend and associate, Lal, for a wonderful week long Annapurna trek. I highly recommend this guesthouse.

Raj and his family were truly amazing and a great help on my short weekend stay, right from the time of the booking when he helped me with my domestic flights, arranging everything even if he had never met me before, till the moment I arrived at his guest house and he quickly proposed me activities and places to visit on the two half-days I had. Location is great, just in a parallel street of the main road, and the rooms are clean and wide, with good wifi signal. Overall, highly recommended.

Raj is one hell of a guy!! With a heart of gold!! He will do anything to help you out, the room was great :) the warm shower is amazing! Would defenetly stay here again! Our 3 days turned into 9, totally recommend this place!! And the location is also really good!

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Great place to stay in Pokhara. Great value for money, clean room, amazing hot shower. There is building work going on around but that's the same everywhere in Pokhara. Plus if you're in your room during the day I think your missing the point. Raj who runs the place was amazing. We hired a motorbike with his help for under half what the motorbike man wanted me to pay. Can't praise Raj's helpfulness enough!!! Plus the rooms are super cheap, so why wouldn't you stay here?

Great value and location. Centrally located on the main street that runs along the lake in Lakeside. Easy 5-10 minute walk to anywhere along the lake and many good restaurants just around the corner(Check out the Lemon Tree). Raj was always keen to help and make sure my stay was a good one. Any questions, he will be glad to answer/help. Had a hot shower everyday, even when the power was out. If you need books, maps, or postcards/stamps, nearby is Fewa Book Shop. Good prices and friendly staff.

We had a nice room on 1. floor with bathroom. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was no common room and power was turned off several hours during the day (light still working though). All in all a decent stay.

Could not have been made to feel more welcome! Guest house was always kept clean ,nothing was ever too much trouble for them. I wish Raj and his family all the best in the future.

• 2nd Feb 2015

good showers and very helpful staff - thanks so much!

Very nice guesthouse. The manager Raj and his family made my stay a great pleasure. Helpfull with everything it's very close to the lakeside of Pokhara and the mainroad. You only for your stay there. No breakfast/lunch/dinner included. But that's all worth it.

Overall had a great time at pushpa. Great views of the Himalayas from our bed and helpful staff. Unfortunately the Internet was temperamental to say the least and there was loud building work next door during our stay, but obviously the latter was no fault of the hotel's. Would stay there again

Lovely accomodation and the beds were clean and comfortable. We arrived very ill and Pushpa was an ideal place to rest up and get better. There was building work next door but it never occured during the night so we felt there were no problems with noise. Raj and his family, the owners, are very warm and welcoming and helped us out with getting paragliding booked as well as a tourist bus back to Kathmandu during a banda (strike). Top notch!

• 12th Jan 2015

We take some level of infrastructure facilities, services and customer care for granted. In Nepal it's better not to take such things for granted and instead rely on trusted professional helpful people with a genuine giving attitude. Raj with his family is such a person. From the moment You book well past the moment You leave he will work with You to plan, arrange and execute the vacation You want. He can arrange for You paragliding and other activities. Will help You with transport and all

Wonderful guest house located in the Lakeside, the most touristic area of Pokhara. It is managed by a marvelous nepali family which is always trying to do their best in order to make your life easier. I was there several days and I never felt alone because they were always there helping you with a huge smile. The manager can organize many things for you, such as trekking, paragliding, bus to Kathmandu...One day I was totally sick and the manager´s wife prepared me delicious Dal Bhat.

The delightful and thoughtful Raj ensured a great stay - 3 times: before trekking, between treks, and after trekking, always ready to help, but never intrusive, freely offering suggestions for our unsupported treks as a family of 5, and going out of his way to ensure our comfort in Pokhara. Pushpa was a great base in central Lakeside. It was amazing to be be greeted with hot showers on our return from winter treks!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • South Africa
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Family run guest house with a phenomenal owner, Raj!. He helped us a lot organising our treks and day trips without asking any extras. He is happy to make your stay in Nepal as easy as possible. Very well situated the guesthouse is very clean and pleasant to stay. Thanks Raj!

The hotel is very good value for money; but what it makes it different is Raj, and his family. He is always trying to help, and he is honest!! don't hesitate, and just go and have a nice time with this family.

Pushpa Guest House is a beautiful guest house smack in the centre of Lakeside, the rooms are nice with the best shower I've had in Nepal. What really made our stay though was the fantastic service from the owner Raj, who went above and beyond to make sure we had the best time possible in Pokhara. He booked all of our activities for us, even got us discounts on somethings, sorted our laundry, taxi to the airport, and even had a nice cup of tea waiting for us on our last morning. A true gent!

• 27th Oct 2014