Pushpa Guest House Reviews

Lakeside, Pahari Marga, Pokhara, Nepal

After a long road trip from Kathmandu, I was warmly welcomed by the always-smiling owner, Raj, when I arrived at Pushpa. The room is clean, spacious and comfortable, with hot shower always available. Raj was very helpful in booking for my bus trip to and from Pokhara at a good price, as well as for the paragliding. The colorful courtyard also adds up to the pleasant atmosphere. Quiet, yet near the busy Lakeside. Raj made sure that my stay will be pleasant, and it was indeed.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Raj made me feel at home immediately when I arrived until when I left. I enjoyed how laid back the atmosphere is and the close location to Phewa Lake. There's a wonderful spot on the roof for chilling and my room was very clean and comfortable. My shower always got hot enough and had enough hot water supply for my entire shower. Despite country wide load shedding, backup power gave me a light. When the power is out, it would be nice to have 1 working light in the bathroom and 1 working outlet.

Lovely caring family who are very welcoming.

The guest house is located in a lane which is near the center of lake side. The room is big and clean. The most important thing is that the Manager Raj is really a nice guy. He let me know more about Nepal and arrange everything to me. I got an unforgettable experience in his guest house.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

This place is amazing, we really loved it!. Very friendly family running the place and Raj arranged a 10 day trekking through the Himalayas, a raftingtrip from Pokhara to Chitwan National Park and our stay in Chitwan National Park for us. All prices were fair. When we run out of money during the trekking he even loaned us over 100 dollar. Incredible! If you go to Pokhara you should definitely stay at Pushpa guesthouse and ask Raj anything, he's always willing to help you!

• 5th Mar 2014

We had a nice stay here and Raj helped to organise our trek with our guide Lal (who we would highly recommend) Nice family.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Had a fantastic stay here. The rooms are clean and spacious, showers are hot, and wifi works well. But the true highlight of coming here is the hospitality- I wish every guesthouse owner in Asia was like Raj! One of the best men you'll ever meet, he was friendly, attentive, and took great pride in giving his guests the best possible experience. The family are lovely too. He arranged us a fantastic trek around Poon Hill, and is a true expert- I couldn't recommend him higher. Many thanks, Pushpa!

initially i booked only for three days but finally i stayed for three weeks at pushpa guesthouse. its very well located, nice, clean, comfy, reasonably priced and the showers are hot all the time. wifi is sufficient and in case of blackouts, there is a backup power supply. on top of that, the owners are super friendly, helpful and lovely. it felt truley like a home away from home. last but not least, they also run a reliable travel agency, without beeing pushy. ...highly recommended!!

This guest house is good, but the owner seems to be much more kínder and colaborative when its time to leave the place, and he asks you to make a good review in hostelworld. On top of that,theres no electricity in the place from 10 a.m to 7 p.m. and the wifi signal is VERY weak.

I stayed at Pushpa Guest House for 3 nights. Room was really clean and comfortable, hot water run 24 hours. Price is quiet cheap for that location- central of Pokhara lake side, walk to boat station only takes 5 min.Most important things is the family that runs the guest house is very kind and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay at Pushpa guest house.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Very nice room. Close to everything. Staff very friendly would defiantly stay again.

We really enjoyed our 2 day stay at Pushpa. Location couldn't have been more perfect. It's just seconds from the main street in Pokhara, yet it's a calm and relaxed haven at the guesthouse. A really friendly, helpful and conscientious family who made us feel very safe and welcome.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Wales

The first thing I really like when looking for a hostel or guesthouse is the friendly and politeness of the staff, Pushpa guesthouse is one of the top guesthouse of that. Mr.Raj is very friendly and helpfully for us, a lot. He smiles a lot too. His wife and his kids are also very lovely. We didn't have much time staying and enjoying the guesthouse, but the guesthouse is very clean and located at the center of the pokhara lakeside, close to many restaurant and minimarts.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Thailand

Raj and family were brilliant hosts, very helpful and I would visit again when back in Nepal.

The owners are great and the hostel is definitely above average. We had a small problem with our shower but electricity blackouts and hot water issues are countrywide problems. The owners did their best to make sure our stay was comfortable.

Centrally located in Lakeside and with a friendly host family who will help you arrange things without being pushy to sell you other things. It was pretty cold at night since there isn't any isolation for instance in the windows but that is very common for guest-houses in Nepal though.

Raj and Anita were incredibly lovely and friendly, the room was really nice and had hot showers. Raj even sorted out us extending our stay even though the festival was on and everywhere was full. Couldnt be more helpful. WiFi needs a little improvement but overall this is a fantastic place to stay! We would reccomend it 100% and definitely stay again!

Cheaper and better than I had expected - do stay at this hostel ( :

• 28th Dec 2013

Great place to stay. Good value for money. Clean. Good location, just next to the main tourist road. The owner and his family are very friendly and helpful. They were not pushy at all. I'd definetly come back.

Good hot water shower, well managed by Raj and his family. Great location, good value for money. Just like a second home to me.

View all Pokhara Bed and Breakfasts