Puzzle Hostel Reviews

Luigi Cazzavillan Street, No. 44, District 1, Bucharest, Romania

I had the best stay ever! AC in the room was very comfortable for this hot summer! Staff and owners are delightful and the place is really clean, situated in quiet are but with good access to old city center!

• 29th May 2014

I had a great pleasant stay, although it was short. The staff was friendly and very welcoming despite the fact that I checked in very late. I shared a clean, well equipped room, bathrooms were dity and the kitchen very cosy. I spent a very nice evening on the outdoor terrace getting to know other tourists' stories. The terrace is the perfect place to have a drink and chat if you don't want to go out. It's a great value for money and best choice if you want to get quick to city center.

• 28th May 2014
  • Romania

Excellent place to stay in Bucharest! The owners made us a surprise and we had the best BBQ in a evening, listening to guitar playing some really good Romanian songs. For this spring period the terrace was amazing for having a chat and a drink after a day of sightseeing :) Wi-fi so good everywhere and a very clean hostel !

• 21st May 2014
  • Romania

This hostel really made my trip to Bucharest! Great location, between North Train station and Old City center, walking distance to all the tourist sites. Helpful staff, intercom at entrance, reception 24/7.. so is really safe. Internet was very useful, AC in every room and the bathrooms were SPOTLESS!

• 21st May 2014

no single standard rooms, no breakfast, no English, no separate entries, no chairs in room, no silence, in conclusion bad, very bad, sorry

It's really sad to see this kind of review from a Romanian and to have positive thoughts from foreign tourists. It's unusual to be bothered about lack of English when you speak the same language as the receptionist, moreover you could have requested a chair or anything else you needed. Max is very supportive and helpful. The room has 2 beds and can be used both as single or double. What do you mean by single standard room? You were accommodated with your wife on the second night...

Was going to stay here originally for 1 night but ended up staying for 2. The staff were all amazing, and showed a lot of concern for their clients. The location is great as it is a 10 minute walk to Piata Romana or Gara de Nord making it convenient for early or late departures/arrivals. The beds were comfortable and clean and the hostel is quiet. While the hostel is a bit less traditional, the value and the people there made it well worth it for us. Not a party hostel.

Thank you very much ! :)

I strongly recommend this hostel after I' ve stayed here 2 days and was really impressed. The room was big with great facilities, secure locker, free towel, comfortable bed. The hostel is safe, offers a free washing machine and wi-fi. The staff was so helpful (they even cooked me a great breakfast)! Location is pretty nice in a quiet area but so close to city center and also main train station.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Romania

I had great time at Puzzle, having all the facilities I needed - washing machine for free, kitchen, great living room. The place is easy to find being situated between train station an city center. Staff is very helpful and present all the time. The hostel is cleaned every day!

It was wonderful having you at Puzzle Hostel !

Unfortunately the staff didn't speak any English, but were very willing to help. They have a nice table tennis table, and are very accommodating.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

The hostel was really simple and clean with a comfortable common room. Although some of the staff had limited English they were all very friendly and went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed. On top of this the breakfast was a great start to each morning. Would recommend this hostel if you are looking for a relaxed stay with a semi-sociable atmosphere. Location is a little bit outside the city centre but is a short walk from the main train station which makes up for this

The kitchen was good, the people at the hostel (mostly students) were really good people, location is excellent 10 minutes from piatta romana, the staff is very good (maybe a bit more english), only complain is the bathroom kept flooding, and the thingy to hang the shower was broken, other than that, really cool hostel.

I stayed at Puzzle Hostel at the beginning and end of my stay in Romania and it is great value for money. The six bed dorm I was in was clean and spacious and had lockers. Outside the dorm is an area with sofas where you can socialise or use your laptop. There are bathrooms on both floors and both were cleaned regularly by John who seemed to run everything! He is friendly and helpful as was everyone. It is fairly easy to find from the train station.

Staff are super friendly, great place to stay.

Thank you very much Eddie ! Hope to see you again.

Close to the main train station but a bit of a walk to the old town. Large rooms and lockers. Really clean. Very friendly staff.

Bathroom and toilets should be fixed.

I believe that you are confusing us with another hostel because we do not have any problems with the bathrooms or with the toilets. We feel disappointed when we are accused and rated for something that is not our fault. This is the case also with your review.

Brilliant hostel. Good atmosphere, and the Saturday BBQ was excellent. Cheers

Basic but nice hostel. Close to the station and not too far to the old town. Staff were friendly and laid back.

We enjouyed our time in this nice hostel, especially the great BBQ evening.

Hostel was crowded. Some people slept in the public spaces. Our double room was in the basement without window. Otherwise was the atmosphere good. A nice outdoor place to stay and eat.