Puzzle Hostel Reviews

Luigi Cazzavillan Street, No. 44, District 1, Bucharest, Romania

Really good hostel, great atmosphere! The guys at the reception were SOOO helpfull with every issue we had (checking bus and train schedules, etc). Wouldn't hesitate in going back!

A few things let this hostel down. Front door wasn't locked and bedroom doors have no lock. Breakfast was terrible. Other than that the atmosphere was ok. Nice walk to town. A bit confusing with the directions on the website.

I recommend this hostel for the location, the kindness of the staff, the cleanliness, and the plus, the map of the city and excellent book guide of bucharest that you can borrow. And there is also a little present when you leave....

Internet worked good.. Clean, free breakfast , lockers, basic and ok

Another great hostel, and absolutely no complaints.It's clean, comfortable, the staff are enthusiastic & helpful and with a good atmosphere and secure premises, I would of course recommend it.Although I should add that the location isn't too great, however if you don't mind walking 20 or so minutes like myself, then you shouldn't have a problem.Fantastic Value!

The staff were very friendly and kind

This hostel is in a good location about 10 minutes from the old town. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The air conditioned rooms were really nice as it was very hot during our stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

the cleaner/ handy man was doing his everything to make our stay good at the hostel, from making us breakfast in the morning, and fixing my bag, he is probably the nicest happiest hostel worker Ive ever come across! If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have rated the hostel as high as I have, because it didn't have a proper lounge area, so hard to meet other travelers. The aircon was right over someones bed, so when that person checked in, he obviously turned it off. not the best place for an aircon.

Great terrace to meet people in good athmosphere. I enjoyed my stay and will come back next time.

If you your in Bucharest you have to at stay at this hostel, it's amazing! The owner and his family are brilliant and so welcoming. The BBQ on Saturday night was so tasty, all completely free!!!

The staff even his English is very limited but try hard to help in every which way he can friendly helpful.

Very good location, only couple of minutes from train station and old town. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean. Overall, the atmosphere is great and excellent value for money. I definetely recommend it; I will choose it again next time when I come to Bucharest.

The staff are very welcoming and gave us a nice plate souvenir. We were pretty much the only people staying at the hostel so the atmosphere was quite dead. Wifi worked very well and there was air con also. We would probably stay again if we were in Bucharest

These people were amazing I got to meet the family on a personal basis at a BBQ and the fellow tenants were like family. I have very fond memories of this place.

very helpful staff. defiantly I will be back the hostel :) thank you for the all the information and help. I had a wonderful time in Bucharest. :)

Fine place to stay with shared bathrooms and a small kitchen downstairs. I had a private room (the only one?) with tv which was accessible only from a dorm room. The staff was very friendly and helpful despite their level of English. At night stray dogs kept me awake for some hours which is a problem all over Bucharest unfortunately. The city center is at walking distance (15-20 minutes) passing through Cişmigiu park.

I had the best stay ever! AC in the room was very comfortable for this hot summer! Staff and owners are delightful and the place is really clean, situated in quiet are but with good access to old city center!

• 29th May 2014

I had a great pleasant stay, although it was short. The staff was friendly and very welcoming despite the fact that I checked in very late. I shared a clean, well equipped room, bathrooms were dity and the kitchen very cosy. I spent a very nice evening on the outdoor terrace getting to know other tourists' stories. The terrace is the perfect place to have a drink and chat if you don't want to go out. It's a great value for money and best choice if you want to get quick to city center.

• 28th May 2014
  • Romania

Excellent place to stay in Bucharest! The owners made us a surprise and we had the best BBQ in a evening, listening to guitar playing some really good Romanian songs. For this spring period the terrace was amazing for having a chat and a drink after a day of sightseeing :) Wi-fi so good everywhere and a very clean hostel !

• 21st May 2014
  • Romania

This hostel really made my trip to Bucharest! Great location, between North Train station and Old City center, walking distance to all the tourist sites. Helpful staff, intercom at entrance, reception 24/7.. so is really safe. Internet was very useful, AC in every room and the bathrooms were SPOTLESS!

• 21st May 2014