Pyrenees Home Stay Reviews

22/2, R.K Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagari, Agra, India

Some of the staff were nice and friendly, but others are clearly just trying to rip you off. I had a private room but the pillows were brown and not very clean. My sheet had a speck of blood on it that was hidden under a pillow. The shower didn't work so I had to use the bucket. Overall it was average. Good price for a private room with bathroom, but it could probably use new pillows and sheets.

Pros: - nice food - strong wifi - cheap price - friendly staff - fairly close to the Taj (con: there are some hostels closer) Cons: - toilet paper costs extra 50R - mattress covers are dirty - power goes off (maybe just Agra..) - Only one point in the dorm to charge phones - poor security Conclusion: I stayed for one night and moved to an other hostel the next morning. It is cheap yes, but I have stayed in far better hostels / home stays for the same or even cheaper price.

Lovely people who always help you out with anything. Simple rooms, great rooftop bar, delicous breakfast and lunch! Strong WIFI, always a cheap auto-rikscha driver available.

• 21st Aug 2015

The hostel was ok considering the price you are paying, it was not perfectly clean but acceptable (maybe the linen could be cleaner). The staff is very gentle and helpful. It was not that far to the Taj Mahal. It took me maybe 25 min to go walking very calm to the ticket place, and from there the shuttle bus will take you to the Taj (In google maps you will see it far from the Taj but you should not to walk until there) I recommend this place if you want to save your money.

very basic facilities (no towels, no sheets), but met our needs as we were not looking for anything fancy (just a place to sleep for a few hours). Staff was friendly and attentive: we arrived around midnight and the owner met us and very easily set up a 4:45am rickshaw to the Taj (he has his own driver on call). Driver (Hari) was great-- very attentive, prompt when waiting for us, and well priced. Overall, not any place to boast about, but the price it can't be beat for a simple one night stay.

I felt very comfortable. Kamul, who loves hosting people, and his staff were very helpful and kind with me. The driver of the tuk-tuk is very reliable. I also recommend to eat in its restaurant with views to Taj Mahal.

This home stay was perfect for us, it was very cheap and most importantly the cleanliness, the room we had which was an ensure double room was clean and the bathroom was spot on, we couldn't of asked for anything better for this price. The staff were friendly and very helpful and made us feel very welcome. We also felt very safe staying here it was in a quiet area. Thanks Pyrenees home stay.

• 30th May 2015

They have a rooftop restaurant that serves very good food and very good prices. The guys that work there are great and helped us book our train tickets and also organised us a tuk-tuk to catch the train. Highly recommend. Got stung by a taxidriver we met at the station when we arrived, we did a day tour with him where he overcharged us and tried to get us to spend all the time. Ask the hotel to help you with day tours and tell them you are not interested in spending all your money on tat.

Such a great place to stay, the staff were friendly, the location was great, and the restaurant was excellent with amazing views of the Taj Mahal from the roof top tables!

View all Agra Bed and Breakfasts