Pyrenees Home Stay Reviews

22/2, R.K Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagari, Agra, India

This place was easily known by a tuk tuk driver at the airport upon an early arrival from Varanasi. You can see the Taj Mahal from the rooftop restaurant, which had solid food. Price was right for a pretty clean room with HUGE comfortable bed for my girlfriend and I. Staff was pleasant and responsive, even helping my girlfriend carry some chipati to our room when I was feeling rough.Owner also very helpful and well traveled. BEST tuk tuk guy in all of India, named Ali. Calm driver and sweet

The owner was very kind and helpful and he spoke English very well since he's been travelling a lot too. An amazing atmosphere and a great place to meet other backpackers. No lockers for value ables, but I felt totally safe all the time. All you need for a very sweet price! Truly recommended!

The owner is very friendly and very helpful. We stayed at the double bed room behind the reception counter, it's a little bit noisy because it's next to the reception area, if you wanna take a nap during the day time. The room and toilet is quite worn out, but still value for its price. Roof top restaurant staff is very friendly as well, but I think the food price is a bit expensive. You can see the Taj from far away, but don't expect much.

Kamal , the owner is kind caring

• 12th Jan 2015

Very nice athmosphere, all the help I needed from the owner Kamel.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

We really enjoyed our stay at Pyrenees Home Stay! The staff were extremely helpful and organised us an autorickshaw from Agra station back to the hostel despite our train being repeatedly delayed. We visited the Taj Mahal at sunrise with a REALLY WONDERFUL Autorickshaw driver called Hazim, recommended to us by the hostel. He took us for a morning Chai, somewhere reliable to buy a shawl, and then picked us up some delicious local street food for us to eat on the train to Gwalior.

A great Hostel, with very friendly staff! The cook was always open for a little chit chat and cooked even after 11pm. The owner is a very nice person, who traveled a lot, speaks perfect English and was incredibly helpful. Rickshaw to train station, Taj or for a tour is always available, to reasonable prices. From the rooftop restaurant you have a great view on the Taj Mahal, unfortunately was it very foggy when I stayed there. I can't promise, but I met friendly and open minded travellers ;-)

• 7th Jan 2015

Owner was very nice when we were staying there. As soon as we checked out, we were not treated as customers anymore. As our train was delayed till midnight, we got the feeling that we were unwelcomed to stay past our booking there. He finally chased us off despite being very indirect about it, saying he felt bad and that we were his customers. Crocodile tears. Stay if you're budget. If you want to hang around longer than you should, you will feel his wrath.

This was a nice place to stay. Though a little far from the places to see in Agra, you could easily get there--I still walked most places. Pyrenees did have quite a friendly staff too. But there are two things I would note as disappointments: first, there were constant power outages (not Pyrenees fault, but still not fun to constantly deal with), and second, it was very cold and the rooms had no insulation or heat. The nights were uncomfortable. But I was also there in the middle of December.

Location bit far from Taj Mahal. Bad water pressure for the shower.

Great staff, really helpfull, pleasant stay.

That is such a nice place to stay!The rooftop is amazing and we enjoyed our stay there so much!!

Very friendly staff and nice view of the taj from roof top. Rooms are tidy. A bit further out from the main bazaar area but easy enough to get around by rickshaw

a fairly clean and basic guest house that is bustling with travellers in Agra for a one night stay to see the taj. the owner was friendly and the rooms pretty standard for India. the wifi was iffy though and despite trying 3 or 4 we couldn't get a hot shower which we were desperate for. the restaurant is decent but order your food through the owner as the boys, while very sweet and smiley, don't speak much English.

View all Agra Bed and Breakfasts