Pyrenees Home Stay Reviews

22/2, R.K Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagari, Agra, India

Great guest house! Fair prices and a view of the Taj Mahal from the rooftop! Raj is available to cook fabulous meals for you after a long day exploring and Ashim the tuk tuk driver is the best! He'll show you everything you need to see and more! Kumar, the homestay owner goes above and beyond for his guests. He even accompanied me to the dentist to help translate! Really wonderful place and people.

Had deluxe suite

It is a basic hostel, but is clean. It is located in a residential area, but can get to Tal Majal only about 25 min walking. You can go to the fort and the old city in shared rickshaw to go through there. There is a good restaurant and the owner is an honest person. I recommend this hostel, I was very comfortable staying there.

My stay here was wonderful and Kalmal helped me out with everything from transportation to accommodation in my next city. The place has a really good atmosphere and it was great value for the money, too!

No the greatest hostel in the world but the staff are friendly and relaxed. More than happy to help you with anything from travel advice, booking train tickets, etc.. albeit for a small commission. I get the impression Agra is not the best place for hostels, so maybe this is one of the better ones but there's definitely room for improvement. The wifi is only available in the loby, I had bed bugs in my 'deluxe' room, and the food was poor. But the roof top is great and I meet some cool people

First impressions were good value for money, friendly staff. WiFi could have been better and the food was average but cheap. Room was decent but after the first night I woke up absolutely covered in bites all over my back, shoulders, stomach, upper arms and thighs. I believe they are from bed bugs and later asked to move rooms. The man at reception didn't believe me until I showed him but I don't think anything was done about it so beware! Strongly advise using own bedding no matter how hot!

enjoyed our stay here. however we did not like the staff going into our room to fill up water cooler etc while we were away. would have preferred it done while we are there. Wifi was available however it did not work in our floor.

Enough good hostel for this money. But location is not very good and in shower was only cold water

Vile - absolutely vile. AVOID this place at all costs. Rooms are dusty, unclean and teeming with cockroaches. But that's not the end of it. Owner tried to overcharge us - then threatened our lives by saying that "He knows how to f*ck people up" - suffice it to say, we made a swift exit from Agra after this - but not after reporting this incident to the police. The owner is violent, rude and extremely pushy. If you refuse to eat at his restaurant he becomes very hostile. AVOID this place.

How well u r born and brought up your attitude puts a big question mark to it.how well u can exaggerate your lie is your birth admiring i must admit it.your r a typical British Gujarati, set abroad who exxagerate's about his lifeis over there,god only knows about your study at Cambridge university also being a typical bloody British Gujarati.(others Gujarati are better off then u) u thoroughly enjoyed our service later how casually & easily denied to pay and putting allegation of overcharging & being pushy.if your stand at the point correct at that point,why u earth didn't seek the advice of the police in writing?why everything verbally&on net¬ registered your complaint here in agra? i guess,it's a disease from which you are suffering from which in my opinion is going to be very devastating in the future for you,there for god sake,improve your atitute or you'll be the suffer in the end. i have come to know that all the places that you've been to you only defamed them. exp..(Kathmandu)i am sure there many of them........(Nepal) 34% (hostel world feedback which is write by u....The name is true to itself, I left a couple of days ago and I'm quite happy; happy that I'm 5500 miles away from this place. Very pushy hostel (Ghan especially) in terms of forcing you to purchase treks through them. Being very tired, I ended up making a mistake and purchasing the Everest Base Camp trek for 905 USD (very expensive). Luckily, my flights to Lukla got cancelled so was entitled to a full refund. Ghan(who works/owns the hostel) tried to scam me by giving me 100 USD less. i think you write every where about hostel about Indian peoples nonsense. As far that video you claim you don't have any whereas.but i have evidence about your behave in my C C V T camera about you as well your friend.i don't want across the limit as being such good host .if u again trying to do......again..i can't stop my self to sending video to the British embassy ,Cambridge university as well British Gujarati community . take good care......

if u are looking for a quiet place and nice staff, this guesthouse may suit your need. staff are really helpful, would help u plan your trip and reserve train ticket even though the train is full already. but 15 mins walk to Taj Mahal is some sort of misleading, take a rickshaw from the guest house, it's convenient and at reasonable price.

Stayed for tonights. The staff was nice. The roof top is decent. No complaints

It was a very comfortable stay at Pyrenees Home Stay. There was WiFi nearly all over the time. If there is no WiFi, it is because of a power cut that is not the fault of the hostel itself. The owner was superfriendly who gave me the opportunity to stay the full day after checkout as my train was at midnight the night after checking out. He even allowed me to take a shower for free just before going to the train. Furthermore, the rooftop is gorgeous! Nice food, drinks and a good view of the Taj!

Was a nice place to stay. Nice food at the restaurant. Room was good, even managed to catch a game of live English football in my room. Lovely owner, even shared his lunch with me.

Good staff. They are helpfull and generous. Good place to stay in Agra.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

A great, quite place to stay while visiting Agra. The staff are all lovely and each a character. Good food with a large menu. Within walking distance of the Taj Mahal, and a short ride to Agra fort or the Baby Taj via rickshaw which the owner Kamal can organize along with other transport to sights around Agra. Rooms were clean and the beds comfy for the 200 Rp price! By and large a wonderful place to stay and I would not hesitate to return. Oh and they have beer and whiskey if you ask ;)

Really loved staying here. Myself and two other girls were traveling to Agra late at night and the owner was looking out for our safety and arranged to have us picked up. Also, there is a personal tuk tuk hired by the hostel who will take you to all the tourist spots for a decent price. Food was also really good at the restaurant and you can see the Taj Mahal from the roof. The rooms were also very clean. One of the best places I stayed in all of India.

• 24th Mar 2014

This hostel has two really great things going for it, first is the rooftop restaurant. The food was great; I highly recommend the French toast. And the second is the ability to meet follow travelers to discuss experiences as well as do's and don't 's. The hostel itself is pretty average. They have Indian style toilets that were cleaned daily, but still looked gritty and dingy. If you're in Agra for just a night and don't want to pay much for accommodation, this place will due.

Very nice place witth amazing staff. The facilities aré good, though the shared bathrooms aré not that great. Good location and good rooftop restaurant.

Excellent service; comfortable room; location; good food.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Very frindly and helpful staff, great location and a good place to meet fellow travellers. Great value for money! Highly recommended,

View all Agra Bed and Breakfasts