Pyrenees Home Stay Reviews

22/2, R.K Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagari, Agra, India

A great Hostel, with very friendly staff! The cook was always open for a little chit chat and cooked even after 11pm. The owner is a very nice person, who traveled a lot, speaks perfect English and was incredibly helpful. Rickshaw to train station, Taj or for a tour is always available, to reasonable prices. From the rooftop restaurant you have a great view on the Taj Mahal, unfortunately was it very foggy when I stayed there. I can't promise, but I met friendly and open minded travellers ;-)

• 7th Jan 2015

Owner was very nice when we were staying there. As soon as we checked out, we were not treated as customers anymore. As our train was delayed till midnight, we got the feeling that we were unwelcomed to stay past our booking there. He finally chased us off despite being very indirect about it, saying he felt bad and that we were his customers. Crocodile tears. Stay if you're budget. If you want to hang around longer than you should, you will feel his wrath.

This was a nice place to stay. Though a little far from the places to see in Agra, you could easily get there--I still walked most places. Pyrenees did have quite a friendly staff too. But there are two things I would note as disappointments: first, there were constant power outages (not Pyrenees fault, but still not fun to constantly deal with), and second, it was very cold and the rooms had no insulation or heat. The nights were uncomfortable. But I was also there in the middle of December.

Location bit far from Taj Mahal. Bad water pressure for the shower.

Great staff, really helpfull, pleasant stay.

That is such a nice place to stay!The rooftop is amazing and we enjoyed our stay there so much!!

Very friendly staff and nice view of the taj from roof top. Rooms are tidy. A bit further out from the main bazaar area but easy enough to get around by rickshaw

Staff are friendly and Helpfull :)

a fairly clean and basic guest house that is bustling with travellers in Agra for a one night stay to see the taj. the owner was friendly and the rooms pretty standard for India. the wifi was iffy though and despite trying 3 or 4 we couldn't get a hot shower which we were desperate for. the restaurant is decent but order your food through the owner as the boys, while very sweet and smiley, don't speak much English.

I was staying in small single bed non ac room which was very comfortable and clean. The location of hotel is very good. It's a quiet place but very close to the main ghat (Dashashwamed). View from the roof is beautifull. The only thing i cannot recomend is hotels restaurant. But even with that it's a very nice place.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Poland

My stay at Pyrenees Home Stay was really nice! I arrived at 3am as the train was delayed and Kamal who was alreday sleeping was real nice. The staff is really friendly. Good atmosphere d the rooftop restaurant sevrves good food. And also, it is cheap! Thanks again Kamal as well as all your staff! Gilles

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Really enjoyed my stay here! Not a "top-end" spot by any means but great value for your money. Within walking distance of the Taj, with a nice view and AWESOME food at the roof-top restaurant. Very helpful staff as well- good spot!!

nice staff, not much to do around therefore you need a rickshaw...the drivers work together with the hostel, prices are good but expect to be taken to places where the driver gets a commission, kitchen didn't seem to be so clean

Great guest house! Fair prices and a view of the Taj Mahal from the rooftop! Raj is available to cook fabulous meals for you after a long day exploring and Ashim the tuk tuk driver is the best! He'll show you everything you need to see and more! Kumar, the homestay owner goes above and beyond for his guests. He even accompanied me to the dentist to help translate! Really wonderful place and people.

Had deluxe suite

It is a basic hostel, but is clean. It is located in a residential area, but can get to Tal Majal only about 25 min walking. You can go to the fort and the old city in shared rickshaw to go through there. There is a good restaurant and the owner is an honest person. I recommend this hostel, I was very comfortable staying there.

My stay here was wonderful and Kalmal helped me out with everything from transportation to accommodation in my next city. The place has a really good atmosphere and it was great value for the money, too!

No the greatest hostel in the world but the staff are friendly and relaxed. More than happy to help you with anything from travel advice, booking train tickets, etc.. albeit for a small commission. I get the impression Agra is not the best place for hostels, so maybe this is one of the better ones but there's definitely room for improvement. The wifi is only available in the loby, I had bed bugs in my 'deluxe' room, and the food was poor. But the roof top is great and I meet some cool people

First impressions were good value for money, friendly staff. WiFi could have been better and the food was average but cheap. Room was decent but after the first night I woke up absolutely covered in bites all over my back, shoulders, stomach, upper arms and thighs. I believe they are from bed bugs and later asked to move rooms. The man at reception didn't believe me until I showed him but I don't think anything was done about it so beware! Strongly advise using own bedding no matter how hot!

enjoyed our stay here. however we did not like the staff going into our room to fill up water cooler etc while we were away. would have preferred it done while we are there. Wifi was available however it did not work in our floor.

View all Agra Bed and Breakfasts