Pyrenees Home Stay Reviews

22/2, R.K Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagari, Agra, India

enjoyed our stay here. however we did not like the staff going into our room to fill up water cooler etc while we were away. would have preferred it done while we are there. Wifi was available however it did not work in our floor.

Enough good hostel for this money. But location is not very good and in shower was only cold water

Vile - absolutely vile. AVOID this place at all costs. Rooms are dusty, unclean and teeming with cockroaches. But that's not the end of it. Owner tried to overcharge us - then threatened our lives by saying that "He knows how to f*ck people up" - suffice it to say, we made a swift exit from Agra after this - but not after reporting this incident to the police. The owner is violent, rude and extremely pushy. If you refuse to eat at his restaurant he becomes very hostile. AVOID this place.

How well u r born and brought up your attitude puts a big question mark to it.how well u can exaggerate your lie is your birth admiring i must admit it.your r a typical British Gujarati, set abroad who exxagerate's about his lifeis over there,god only knows about your study at Cambridge university also being a typical bloody British Gujarati.(others Gujarati are better off then u) u thoroughly enjoyed our service later how casually & easily denied to pay and putting allegation of overcharging & being pushy.if your stand at the point correct at that point,why u earth didn't seek the advice of the police in writing?why everything verbally&on net¬ registered your complaint here in agra? i guess,it's a disease from which you are suffering from which in my opinion is going to be very devastating in the future for you,there for god sake,improve your atitute or you'll be the suffer in the end. i have come to know that all the places that you've been to you only defamed them. exp..(Kathmandu)i am sure there many of them........(Nepal) 34% (hostel world feedback which is write by u....The name is true to itself, I left a couple of days ago and I'm quite happy; happy that I'm 5500 miles away from this place. Very pushy hostel (Ghan especially) in terms of forcing you to purchase treks through them. Being very tired, I ended up making a mistake and purchasing the Everest Base Camp trek for 905 USD (very expensive). Luckily, my flights to Lukla got cancelled so was entitled to a full refund. Ghan(who works/owns the hostel) tried to scam me by giving me 100 USD less. i think you write every where about hostel about Indian peoples nonsense. As far that video you claim you don't have any whereas.but i have evidence about your behave in my C C V T camera about you as well your friend.i don't want across the limit as being such good host .if u again trying to do......again..i can't stop my self to sending video to the British embassy ,Cambridge university as well British Gujarati community . take good care......

if u are looking for a quiet place and nice staff, this guesthouse may suit your need. staff are really helpful, would help u plan your trip and reserve train ticket even though the train is full already. but 15 mins walk to Taj Mahal is some sort of misleading, take a rickshaw from the guest house, it's convenient and at reasonable price.

Stayed for tonights. The staff was nice. The roof top is decent. No complaints

It was a very comfortable stay at Pyrenees Home Stay. There was WiFi nearly all over the time. If there is no WiFi, it is because of a power cut that is not the fault of the hostel itself. The owner was superfriendly who gave me the opportunity to stay the full day after checkout as my train was at midnight the night after checking out. He even allowed me to take a shower for free just before going to the train. Furthermore, the rooftop is gorgeous! Nice food, drinks and a good view of the Taj!

Was a nice place to stay. Nice food at the restaurant. Room was good, even managed to catch a game of live English football in my room. Lovely owner, even shared his lunch with me.

Good staff. They are helpfull and generous. Good place to stay in Agra.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

A great, quite place to stay while visiting Agra. The staff are all lovely and each a character. Good food with a large menu. Within walking distance of the Taj Mahal, and a short ride to Agra fort or the Baby Taj via rickshaw which the owner Kamal can organize along with other transport to sights around Agra. Rooms were clean and the beds comfy for the 200 Rp price! By and large a wonderful place to stay and I would not hesitate to return. Oh and they have beer and whiskey if you ask ;)

Really loved staying here. Myself and two other girls were traveling to Agra late at night and the owner was looking out for our safety and arranged to have us picked up. Also, there is a personal tuk tuk hired by the hostel who will take you to all the tourist spots for a decent price. Food was also really good at the restaurant and you can see the Taj Mahal from the roof. The rooms were also very clean. One of the best places I stayed in all of India.

• 24th Mar 2014

This hostel has two really great things going for it, first is the rooftop restaurant. The food was great; I highly recommend the French toast. And the second is the ability to meet follow travelers to discuss experiences as well as do's and don't 's. The hostel itself is pretty average. They have Indian style toilets that were cleaned daily, but still looked gritty and dingy. If you're in Agra for just a night and don't want to pay much for accommodation, this place will due.

Very nice place witth amazing staff. The facilities aré good, though the shared bathrooms aré not that great. Good location and good rooftop restaurant.

Excellent service; comfortable room; location; good food.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Very frindly and helpful staff, great location and a good place to meet fellow travellers. Great value for money! Highly recommended,

The good: Cheap dorm room, View of the Taj Mahal from terrace, Restaurant in terrace, you can get walking to the Taj Mahal (about 20 min), quiet neighborhood, some information given by the manager. The bad: No breakfast (as published), Wi-Fi didnt work, No hot water (they give a bucket with hot water when available), Very thin walls (I had the third floor and heard when they move all chairs in the terrace at 23 pm), Manager always trying to sell services, No free map at all (as published).

I have spend time in Agra on several occasions and I found this place a good one compared to other guesthouses. I have now spent 3 nights and the owner Kamol I found very helpful and honest, he gave me valuable information, he is a man that work hard to satisfy his guests. wi-fi, was running well. Trouble with wi-fi can happen in any guesthouse, so I think it is bit unfair to give him low credit only cause that .I would recommend this place to others, and i will stay here next time. Kudos

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Norway

The wifi was broken and i spent two days without internet connection (wich is too bad if you need to plan the next steps of your trip)

House run by owner who is a great person and his ability to help are amazing. Good home atmosphere and the best Tuk Tuk driver in India :) Really good value for money.

I booked two rooms in this hostel to stay with my family. Not easy to locate. Rooms were not clean. we wanted to find another hotel and this guy (kamal) started arguing. We paid for the first night. and he refused to give receipts for the payments. got after arguments. Not for family. Might be ok for bachelors and foreigners who likes some cheap rates. I paid the money and moved to nearby hotel.

The owner of the place is really nice and helpful. Place is some 15mins away from the most important sightseeing sites.. Cleanliness is not as good as we experienced it at other places.. an average place i would say, a little expensive for what you get.

View all Agra Bed and Breakfasts