Pyrenees Home Stay Reviews

22/2, R.K Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagari, Agra, India

This was a nice place to stay. Though a little far from the places to see in Agra, you could easily get there--I still walked most places. Pyrenees did have quite a friendly staff too. But there are two things I would note as disappointments: first, there were constant power outages (not Pyrenees fault, but still not fun to constantly deal with), and second, it was very cold and the rooms had no insulation or heat. The nights were uncomfortable. But I was also there in the middle of December.

Location bit far from Taj Mahal. Bad water pressure for the shower.

Great staff, really helpfull, pleasant stay.

That is such a nice place to stay!The rooftop is amazing and we enjoyed our stay there so much!!

Very friendly staff and nice view of the taj from roof top. Rooms are tidy. A bit further out from the main bazaar area but easy enough to get around by rickshaw

Staff are friendly and Helpfull :)

a fairly clean and basic guest house that is bustling with travellers in Agra for a one night stay to see the taj. the owner was friendly and the rooms pretty standard for India. the wifi was iffy though and despite trying 3 or 4 we couldn't get a hot shower which we were desperate for. the restaurant is decent but order your food through the owner as the boys, while very sweet and smiley, don't speak much English.

I was staying in small single bed non ac room which was very comfortable and clean. The location of hotel is very good. It's a quiet place but very close to the main ghat (Dashashwamed). View from the roof is beautifull. The only thing i cannot recomend is hotels restaurant. But even with that it's a very nice place.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Poland

My stay at Pyrenees Home Stay was really nice! I arrived at 3am as the train was delayed and Kamal who was alreday sleeping was real nice. The staff is really friendly. Good atmosphere d the rooftop restaurant sevrves good food. And also, it is cheap! Thanks again Kamal as well as all your staff! Gilles

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Really enjoyed my stay here! Not a "top-end" spot by any means but great value for your money. Within walking distance of the Taj, with a nice view and AWESOME food at the roof-top restaurant. Very helpful staff as well- good spot!!

nice staff, not much to do around therefore you need a rickshaw...the drivers work together with the hostel, prices are good but expect to be taken to places where the driver gets a commission, kitchen didn't seem to be so clean

Great guest house! Fair prices and a view of the Taj Mahal from the rooftop! Raj is available to cook fabulous meals for you after a long day exploring and Ashim the tuk tuk driver is the best! He'll show you everything you need to see and more! Kumar, the homestay owner goes above and beyond for his guests. He even accompanied me to the dentist to help translate! Really wonderful place and people.

Had deluxe suite

It is a basic hostel, but is clean. It is located in a residential area, but can get to Tal Majal only about 25 min walking. You can go to the fort and the old city in shared rickshaw to go through there. There is a good restaurant and the owner is an honest person. I recommend this hostel, I was very comfortable staying there.

My stay here was wonderful and Kalmal helped me out with everything from transportation to accommodation in my next city. The place has a really good atmosphere and it was great value for the money, too!

No the greatest hostel in the world but the staff are friendly and relaxed. More than happy to help you with anything from travel advice, booking train tickets, etc.. albeit for a small commission. I get the impression Agra is not the best place for hostels, so maybe this is one of the better ones but there's definitely room for improvement. The wifi is only available in the loby, I had bed bugs in my 'deluxe' room, and the food was poor. But the roof top is great and I meet some cool people

First impressions were good value for money, friendly staff. WiFi could have been better and the food was average but cheap. Room was decent but after the first night I woke up absolutely covered in bites all over my back, shoulders, stomach, upper arms and thighs. I believe they are from bed bugs and later asked to move rooms. The man at reception didn't believe me until I showed him but I don't think anything was done about it so beware! Strongly advise using own bedding no matter how hot!

enjoyed our stay here. however we did not like the staff going into our room to fill up water cooler etc while we were away. would have preferred it done while we are there. Wifi was available however it did not work in our floor.

Enough good hostel for this money. But location is not very good and in shower was only cold water

Vile - absolutely vile. AVOID this place at all costs. Rooms are dusty, unclean and teeming with cockroaches. But that's not the end of it. Owner tried to overcharge us - then threatened our lives by saying that "He knows how to f*ck people up" - suffice it to say, we made a swift exit from Agra after this - but not after reporting this incident to the police. The owner is violent, rude and extremely pushy. If you refuse to eat at his restaurant he becomes very hostile. AVOID this place.

How well u r born and brought up your attitude puts a big question mark to it.how well u can exaggerate your lie is your birth admiring i must admit it.your r a typical British Gujarati, set abroad who exxagerate's about his lifeis over there,god only knows about your study at Cambridge university also being a typical bloody British Gujarati.(others Gujarati are better off then u) u thoroughly enjoyed our service later how casually & easily denied to pay and putting allegation of overcharging & being pushy.if your stand at the point correct at that point,why u earth didn't seek the advice of the police in writing?why everything verbally&on net¬ registered your complaint here in agra? i guess,it's a disease from which you are suffering from which in my opinion is going to be very devastating in the future for you,there for god sake,improve your atitute or you'll be the suffer in the end. i have come to know that all the places that you've been to you only defamed them. exp..(Kathmandu)i am sure there many of them........(Nepal) 34% (hostel world feedback which is write by u....The name is true to itself, I left a couple of days ago and I'm quite happy; happy that I'm 5500 miles away from this place. Very pushy hostel (Ghan especially) in terms of forcing you to purchase treks through them. Being very tired, I ended up making a mistake and purchasing the Everest Base Camp trek for 905 USD (very expensive). Luckily, my flights to Lukla got cancelled so was entitled to a full refund. Ghan(who works/owns the hostel) tried to scam me by giving me 100 USD less. i think you write every where about hostel about Indian peoples nonsense. As far that video you claim you don't have any whereas.but i have evidence about your behave in my C C V T camera about you as well your friend.i don't want across the limit as being such good host .if u again trying to do......again..i can't stop my self to sending video to the British embassy ,Cambridge university as well British Gujarati community . take good care......

View all Agra Bed and Breakfasts