Pyrenees Home Stay Reviews

22/2, R.K Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagari, Agra, India

The good: Cheap dorm room, View of the Taj Mahal from terrace, Restaurant in terrace, you can get walking to the Taj Mahal (about 20 min), quiet neighborhood, some information given by the manager. The bad: No breakfast (as published), Wi-Fi didnt work, No hot water (they give a bucket with hot water when available), Very thin walls (I had the third floor and heard when they move all chairs in the terrace at 23 pm), Manager always trying to sell services, No free map at all (as published).

I have spend time in Agra on several occasions and I found this place a good one compared to other guesthouses. I have now spent 3 nights and the owner Kamol I found very helpful and honest, he gave me valuable information, he is a man that work hard to satisfy his guests. wi-fi, was running well. Trouble with wi-fi can happen in any guesthouse, so I think it is bit unfair to give him low credit only cause that .I would recommend this place to others, and i will stay here next time. Kudos

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Norway

The wifi was broken and i spent two days without internet connection (wich is too bad if you need to plan the next steps of your trip)

House run by owner who is a great person and his ability to help are amazing. Good home atmosphere and the best Tuk Tuk driver in India :) Really good value for money.

I booked two rooms in this hostel to stay with my family. Not easy to locate. Rooms were not clean. we wanted to find another hotel and this guy (kamal) started arguing. We paid for the first night. and he refused to give receipts for the payments. got after arguments. Not for family. Might be ok for bachelors and foreigners who likes some cheap rates. I paid the money and moved to nearby hotel.

The owner of the place is really nice and helpful. Place is some 15mins away from the most important sightseeing sites.. Cleanliness is not as good as we experienced it at other places.. an average place i would say, a little expensive for what you get.

The staffs were very kind and willing to help us. Location was also not bad as it was within wa lkable distance to Silpgram (ticketbox to Taj mahal) unlike what was shown from the map in the hostelworld. The map was going to be fixed so remember that even location is good! You also can get a glimpse of Taj mahal from the roof top restaurant. I liked it cuz it wasnt situated in the busiest area like all other hostels and was able to provide a peaceful and quite atmosphere.

• 6th Dec 2012
  • South Korea

The staff was nice enough to make us some food when we check in at 10pm late hours. The room was acceptably clean but the water heater was spoilt when we wanted to shower. Although the staff did gave us a bucket of hot water and explained that its too late to repair the heater, it is still a problem we had until the next day. The neighbourhood was quite noisy (wedding periods)and the guests who came back/ check in in the middle of the night is really very noisy.

1 2 Next » last »