Pyrenees Home Stay Reviews

22/2, R.K Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagari, Agra, India

Pros: - nice food - strong wifi - cheap price - friendly staff - fairly close to the Taj (con: there are some hostels closer) Cons: - toilet paper costs extra 50R - mattress covers are dirty - power goes off (maybe just Agra..) - Only one point in the dorm to charge phones - poor security Conclusion: I stayed for one night and moved to an other hostel the next morning. It is cheap yes, but I have stayed in far better hostels / home stays for the same or even cheaper price.

Lovely people who always help you out with anything. Simple rooms, great rooftop bar, delicous breakfast and lunch! Strong WIFI, always a cheap auto-rikscha driver available.

• 21st Aug 2015

The hostel was ok considering the price you are paying, it was not perfectly clean but acceptable (maybe the linen could be cleaner). The staff is very gentle and helpful. It was not that far to the Taj Mahal. It took me maybe 25 min to go walking very calm to the ticket place, and from there the shuttle bus will take you to the Taj (In google maps you will see it far from the Taj but you should not to walk until there) I recommend this place if you want to save your money.

very basic facilities (no towels, no sheets), but met our needs as we were not looking for anything fancy (just a place to sleep for a few hours). Staff was friendly and attentive: we arrived around midnight and the owner met us and very easily set up a 4:45am rickshaw to the Taj (he has his own driver on call). Driver (Hari) was great-- very attentive, prompt when waiting for us, and well priced. Overall, not any place to boast about, but the price it can't be beat for a simple one night stay.

I felt very comfortable. Kamul, who loves hosting people, and his staff were very helpful and kind with me. The driver of the tuk-tuk is very reliable. I also recommend to eat in its restaurant with views to Taj Mahal.

This home stay was perfect for us, it was very cheap and most importantly the cleanliness, the room we had which was an ensure double room was clean and the bathroom was spot on, we couldn't of asked for anything better for this price. The staff were friendly and very helpful and made us feel very welcome. We also felt very safe staying here it was in a quiet area. Thanks Pyrenees home stay.

• 30th May 2015

They have a rooftop restaurant that serves very good food and very good prices. The guys that work there are great and helped us book our train tickets and also organised us a tuk-tuk to catch the train. Highly recommend. Got stung by a taxidriver we met at the station when we arrived, we did a day tour with him where he overcharged us and tried to get us to spend all the time. Ask the hotel to help you with day tours and tell them you are not interested in spending all your money on tat.

Such a great place to stay, the staff were friendly, the location was great, and the restaurant was excellent with amazing views of the Taj Mahal from the roof top tables!

Good, pleasant hostel. Very good rooftop restaurant. Not so good: hot water was available only now and then.

• 8th Apr 2015

This place was easily known by a tuk tuk driver at the airport upon an early arrival from Varanasi. You can see the Taj Mahal from the rooftop restaurant, which had solid food. Price was right for a pretty clean room with HUGE comfortable bed for my girlfriend and I. Staff was pleasant and responsive, even helping my girlfriend carry some chipati to our room when I was feeling rough.Owner also very helpful and well traveled. BEST tuk tuk guy in all of India, named Ali. Calm driver and sweet

The owner was very kind and helpful and he spoke English very well since he's been travelling a lot too. An amazing atmosphere and a great place to meet other backpackers. No lockers for value ables, but I felt totally safe all the time. All you need for a very sweet price! Truly recommended!

The owner is very friendly and very helpful. We stayed at the double bed room behind the reception counter, it's a little bit noisy because it's next to the reception area, if you wanna take a nap during the day time. The room and toilet is quite worn out, but still value for its price. Roof top restaurant staff is very friendly as well, but I think the food price is a bit expensive. You can see the Taj from far away, but don't expect much.

Kamal , the owner is kind caring

Very nice athmosphere, all the help I needed from the owner Kamel.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

We really enjoyed our stay at Pyrenees Home Stay! The staff were extremely helpful and organised us an autorickshaw from Agra station back to the hostel despite our train being repeatedly delayed. We visited the Taj Mahal at sunrise with a REALLY WONDERFUL Autorickshaw driver called Hazim, recommended to us by the hostel. He took us for a morning Chai, somewhere reliable to buy a shawl, and then picked us up some delicious local street food for us to eat on the train to Gwalior.

A great Hostel, with very friendly staff! The cook was always open for a little chit chat and cooked even after 11pm. The owner is a very nice person, who traveled a lot, speaks perfect English and was incredibly helpful. Rickshaw to train station, Taj or for a tour is always available, to reasonable prices. From the rooftop restaurant you have a great view on the Taj Mahal, unfortunately was it very foggy when I stayed there. I can't promise, but I met friendly and open minded travellers ;-)

• 7th Jan 2015

Owner was very nice when we were staying there. As soon as we checked out, we were not treated as customers anymore. As our train was delayed till midnight, we got the feeling that we were unwelcomed to stay past our booking there. He finally chased us off despite being very indirect about it, saying he felt bad and that we were his customers. Crocodile tears. Stay if you're budget. If you want to hang around longer than you should, you will feel his wrath.

This was a nice place to stay. Though a little far from the places to see in Agra, you could easily get there--I still walked most places. Pyrenees did have quite a friendly staff too. But there are two things I would note as disappointments: first, there were constant power outages (not Pyrenees fault, but still not fun to constantly deal with), and second, it was very cold and the rooms had no insulation or heat. The nights were uncomfortable. But I was also there in the middle of December.

Location bit far from Taj Mahal. Bad water pressure for the shower.

Great staff, really helpfull, pleasant stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3