Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

1943 Total Reviews

Very nice hostel close to Manhattan. Can be noisy but no problem as they provide ear plugs. Staff was friendly and provided some really good advice! Dorm area doesn't really give much feeling but don't forget to check out the downstairs lounge+kitchen area. Only downside: internet was as slow as back in 1991, couldn't even check emails at any given time of the day. Lockers are metall and robust.

The Q4 hostel was very good, lovely staff, clean rooms and the kitchenette and living room was spacious and useful. For a hostel I feel that it was quite over priced but since we felt safe maybe that's the price we were willing to pay! The only thing I could complain about was the size of the room, we were in a 4 bed and all had huge suitcases, leaving little or no floor space! The next thing was having to pay 5 dollars on your final day to mind luggage, after we had already paid a lot anyway!

It is close to the Metro and roads. You may feel very noisy.

i'd like to begin by saying that am grateful for i had a roof over my head during my visit to the city. fantastic location -- chic abodde! my disapointment was that even when i called Q4 to inform them of my late arrival, i was presented with the surprise that my bed was never made. no joke! i was tired; all i wanted to do was SLEEP ... without arguiing, i went straight to bed. tha following morning i notified front desk of my finding... it went on one ear and exited on the other. sad!

• 9th Aug 2014

Q4 is amazing! The location is very good,when you get off Queens plaza station,just walk a few minutes,then you can arrive there.Staff are helpful and nice.My friend and I live in double pravite ensuite,and it costs 75 dollars per person. The room is not very big but it is nice.It is near subway so it is a little noisy. However,my friend and I are tired everyday,so the noise does not bother us. The most impressive thing is basement.People can cook,eat,play games there.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • China

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you in the future. Diana Q4 Management

All in all a nice and clean hostel. The bathrooms are really tiny, though. There was no soap there and you could not put your towels anywhere.

• 8th Aug 2014

We really lived the common space in the basement for eating and meeting other travelers. It was a very clean and inviting space, and the bank vault-turned-relaxation room was particularly cool.

• 6th Aug 2014

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and decor. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to possibly having you back with us in the future. Diana Gomez-Romero Q4 Management

Very nice, clean and spacious hostel in an excellent location. One feels safe and comfortable and the price is very good for a New York hostel. Maybe consider a basic breakfast and tea and coffee?

Thank you for choosing us. We are always glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We will look into possibly adding a basic breakfast in the future. Have a great day! Diana Gomez-Romero Q4 Management

Excellent location and facilities. The only thing this hostel doesn't have is breakfast included. Very good hostel.

Cleanliness of the shower could have been better and nicer. No place to hang towels. Would have been much better if there were hair dryer in the room.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

There were some hidden fees they hit us with at the end. Read EVERYTHING in your confirmation email. It's different than the website!

• 2nd Aug 2014

I apologize if you felt we had "hidden fees". Here at Q4 we try our best to be as forthcoming and transparent with any additional fees you may encounter. Please consider staying with us in the future and if you any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you for choosing the Q4 Hotel. Diana Gomez-Romero Q4 Management

The only thing I was upset about was theiggagw storage fee on the day you check out. This is not a common practice that I've seem. Hostel world does not mention it's a fee. And you don't find out until after you get a seperate email from them after you've made a reservation and given them a deposit. I think it's just something that should be mentioned up front is all. Staff also didn't seem to care that I was upset, no sympathy also a little rude about it. Will stay again.

• 1st Aug 2014

Staff stands out. The lounge is the best I have seen in a long time. Very cosy. Strongly recommend it for the NYC visitors. The bunk beds creak a little though. Time to oil them up. :-)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Norway

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us & that our staff met your expectations. Thank you for choosing Q4 and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you Diana Gomez-Romero Q4 Management

The Q4 hostel was much nicer than anticipated. It was just one subway ride from Manhattan and a quick 2 min walk from the station. The overall look and feel of the building was modern and fresh. They offered some things out of the ordinary like free earplugs and tips on what to do in the city. I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm. The room was spacious enough and so were the lockers. The facilities were clean and taken care of. The staff was really helpful and nice too.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Swaziland

We would stay there again - without any questions! Best hostel I´ve been so far!

Came back to this one for another stay in NY with a couple of friends. Awesome place for meeting fellow travellers, living in a clean and relatively spacious environment close to Manhattan without having to spend your whole budget on the lodging.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The bed and room was quite comfy, also was it directly at the queensboro Plaza which is about by metro 10 minutes far away. The hostel was not very lively, there was a Kirchen in the basement, but not so much things going on.

Very nice! Near to subway station and bus stops. Clean, cool, comfortable. Just not really cozy but the location is perfect location, price is ok and rooms are really nice. I'll come back!

Close to subway and to the river. Noisy because of subway and traffic but they provide earplugs. Friendly staff.

Great time here. Wonderful staff.

• 18th Jul 2014