Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

There should be a power point / outlet for each bed. Apparently for my room 310, all but 3 of the beds do not have direct access to the power point. The Wifi is also pretty unstable - but that is fine.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Singapore

Great hostel - clean and modern with helpful staff. The basement area was great to eat and chill out in.

Close to subway stations. Great facilities. The high pitch noise from the subways was very irritating on the first night because the window was not closed. No problem sleeping after the window was closed.

Hostel was very clean and the employees were friendly. Great customer service.

• 18th May 2015

I would like to have a breakfast.... or a machine to buy some food.

• 18th May 2015

The best of this place is the location, just one block away from the queens plaza subway stop and three or four stops to fifth avenue. The rooms are clean. However the staff is not to helpful and it could be extremely noisy as they're renovating another hotel nearby and, as I said, the subway runs just a few feet from the hostel.

some beds in the middle of the room don't have plugs near them, it's very unconvenient!!!

I can not recommend this Hostel - very unpleasant staff and customer service - you have to pay for storing luggage (even in check-out day), wait for check in (we had to wait till 4 PM), noisy train around hostel, lamps did not work, noisy and unwilling staff etc...nothing special.

• 15th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Right across the plaza from the subway! Very clean and safe.

I used to stay at the Chelsea Highline Hotel whenever I came to NY to see shows. No longer! Didn't realize how much better a hostel experience could be. Q4 is now my go to place to stay. Clean, spacious with common areas, super friendly and helpful staff. The only negative was that the wifi was hit or miss in my room and in the common areas. Once my devices were connected it was okay, but I kept going through stretches where my devices wouldn't connect, and that was frustrating.

• 12th May 2015

Good place, great price. If you're travelling alone, it's much better than staying in a hotel. Not too expensive and it's location means you don't have to have a car to get to it, unlike most motels .

• 12th May 2015
  • India

Great location, very easy and fast to go to Manhattan. Good environment and excellent staff.

• 10th May 2015

I like it, near the queenzbora plaza subway station.

• 10th May 2015
  • China

With the exception of one, the staff were totally uninterested in the guests. Once, I left my key in my room and explained the situation to the desk - they gave me a new one without even asking for my name! My laptop was in that room and anyone could have got the key! One of my friend's camera went missing from the common area and the staff showed no initiative to check CCTV, nada. And when I came to check out, the guy laughingly said I had overpaid by one night (I had not) - zero consideration!

Excellent location, affordable for young people ... fun and surprisingly quiet in the room even across from the very loud train . 10 min to times square. Clean rooms , fun kitchen :)

• 8th May 2015
  • Ukraine

In general, all's good. The hotel - or shall we say it, hostel - is new, the staff are mostly young (at the concierge). The location is just one/two stops from Manhattan, it's in the Long Island City. But our well-designed room is not for light sleepers as it's next to the elevated train tracks, so it's constantly noisy.

• 6th May 2015
  • Indonesia

This place is a treasure! Love the design, location FANTASTIC, safe, new, great staff. For my future trips to NY the ONLY OPTION

Very clean, good size rooms. Bathroom is small and the sink takes some getting used to so you don't splash everywhere. Staff was helpful. Only complaint was that I asked for the staff to call me a taxi and they called me a car service - which would've been fine, except I asked for a taxi so I could pay with credit card, instead, the car had to stop at a bank and I had to take money out and be charged an additional fee.

Staff were very un-helpful and un-friendly, wouldn't strike up conversation or even reply to you if you made the effort too. Tv didn't work downstairs and providing some of the basic cooking supplies such as oil would have been good. The room was clean but the sockets were very sketchy, mine hung off the wall, sparked, plug wouldn't stay in and the usb ports didn't work. It was also incredibly noisy due to the subway. The redeeming factor was the lovely travellers I met along the way.

• 1st May 2015

The location is excellent! Just few minutes walk from metro station. Staff are very helpful and friendly. I observed they did their to cater the needs of my roommates. Hairdryer is not available in the room, but can borrow one from reception. The kitchen wasn't very clean. There were rotted apples and oranges on the table. Even though they asked guests to label tgeir food in the fridge. It seems that they did not throw away expired food regularly. I saw milk and pizza from early April.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the condition of the kitchen. We have housekeeping here 7 days a week to maintain the property but we do ask guests to help maintain the common areas clean but cleaning up after themselves which is not always the case. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you again. Diana Q4 Guest Relations

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6