Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

We all really liked how the hostel was decorated, and we liked that there were many galleries around the area. There was a blackboard with a list of galleries and free entry dates which is an awesome initiative by the hostel. The lounge area is quite nicely set up as well. Overall it was a good stay! My only comment would be that the shared shower for our dorm was a bit weird as there was only one hanger and clothes hung inside had a chance of getting wet.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Q4 has great facilities, I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm. The room was super clean, high ceilings, nice tiled shower, the room even had pretty chandeliers! It's not in manhattan but 7 minutes on the subway gets you over the bridge to Central Park! I would stay here again for sure.

• 11th Jul 2014

Q4 was clean and felt very safe. It's definitely a hike from NYC, but there are a few subway stops close by (just be careful because some of the subway lines close late at night.) There's not a whole lot in the area surrounding the hostel, so be prepared to travel if you want to go to a fun place to eat or be entertained. Everyone was nice and helpful though, and it was overall a good experience!

• 10th Jul 2014

However there is a huge transportation hub just within a few steps (Times Sq is 10-15 mins only), the late night noise of the heavy traffic of the Queensboro Plaza, the subway and the railway may be slightly disturbing.

Enjoyed my stay in Q4. Clean. Airconditioned and spacious 4 bed dorm with own bathroom. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Will stay there again. They are honest about noise from the subwaytrains which runs frequently close to the hostel. Personally it didnt bother me at all and they provide ear pluggs.

On behalf of all of us here at Q4 we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for excellent customer service and look forward to having you again. Thank you for choosing us!! Diana Gomez-Romero Q4 Management

Positives: Just a few stops away from Manhatten! Everything was very clean! Water Pressure was outstanding! I will stay here again. Negatives: Beds are very loud. One of the least vibrant hostels I've stayed. Electric stove is a bummer.

Staff was hilariously inept; it took the receptionist about 40 minutes to check in five reservations. There was also a malfunctioning fire alarm in our room, which beeped every minute the first night we were there. We asked the receptionist to replace the battery in it, and he claimed that he "didn't have the right tools" to replace it. I've never met anyone who didn't know how to replace a 9V battery. Otherwise, great location, nice room, clean bathrooms, close to the metro!

• 4th Jul 2014

On behalf of my staff and the management at Q4 we apologize for any dissatisfaction you many have encountered while staying with us. We are in the process of training our front desk agents further to avoid this problem in the future. Please consider staying with us in the future as we would love to have you again. Thank you for choosing the Q4 Hotel Diana Gomez-Romero Management

I have been staying in hostel for almost 10 hostels and I like Q4 the most, because the hostel is just across the street from Queen Plaza metro station, the room is nice, the play room(basement) is so cool and the kitchen too. Everything is good and better than other hostel I have stayed. REALLY RECOMMENDED!!!! ดีอะ อยู่เลย ไม่ผิดหวัง ห้องสบาย ห้องน้ำในตัว แอร์เย็น สะอาด ห้องนั่งเล่นมีทุกชั้น ชั้นใต้ดินเป็นครัวกับ Common room ก็เลิศนะ

Excellent up-to-date facilities. Best I've seen from 7 cities in Europe and two cities in USA.

Interesting location, very close to Manhattan and Brooklyn, not too far from the airport via the subway. Small park nearby to sit in on a lovely sunny day :o) Well decorated interior. Very clean and cool inside, clean linen, good sized kitchen with ample utensils and space to cook. Wasn't crowded but was a social place. Bit costly, then again this is New York. Well worth it, I would stay here again.

dorm ~40-45$+tax: private bathroom toilet/toilet paper+shower/hot water/no soap/free towel (ask) + western toilet/toilet paper, power outlet near bed and bedlights (depending on room), locker in room (need padlock), wifi (common+bedrooms) kitchen/common room at basement: 2 big fridges, oven, microwave; ping-pong table, pool table, tv but no window A bit noisy at night (traffic and subway nearby) Grocery nearbies including cranberry one Luggage service 5$ (vs greyhound station 9$)

I did expect much for the price so i was impress by the place.Beside the heavy snoring in my room, that you can't control. The free ear plug was welcome. Will recommend to young traveller or hard core camper like me. The place is very clean, and location is terrific. I will definitely select the place if i travel alone again in New York.

• 27th Jun 2014

Great hostel! Little bit expensive, but it's new york. Outlet and light for each bed. Very clean bathroom and kitchen. Large lounge/dinning area. Staff was nice.

• 25th Jun 2014

I had a pleasant stay in the q4 hotel. Rooms and and washing rooms were spotless. Free wifi, nice kitchen and nice common area. Staff was friendly and helpfull, no complaints here. A bit out of town, but easy acces to the subway and airport.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

It's real close to the subway which make my life much more easier. The hostel is modern style and the room is really good. I think it's the best room for dormitory I have ever paid for so far. They provide the towel, but you have to ask from the reception and also free kitchen which is big.

It's bad that we can't turn off the AC. It was really cold in the room and I caught a cold because of that.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello apologies for any confusion during your stay. All the rooms have the control for the HVAC Unit by the inner room door, where you can indeed power the Heat or AC On or Off. We control the temperature from the Front Desk.

Was fairly clean and friendly staff. The bsthrooms are tiny and so where the rooms. Tere are lockers in the rooms but since the rooms are so small rhey were blocked by luggage, and you had to provide your own lock. The fridge was clean but very un-organized, not sure if the staff ever throws out things in there.

Good, clean and reasonably priced place in NYC. Walking distance to the nice park with great views of NYC. Nice rooms with comfortable beds, clean a bathroom and a restroom. It is very close to the subway. From the hostel to the Manhattan it takes just 10 minutes on the subway. Great hostel with cheap, clean and comfortable rooms and facilities. I will definitely stay at this hostel next time I am in NYC.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you again soon. Thanks for choosing us! Diana Q4 Management

The stay was what's expected. The area is and revolves around trains. So if you never slept among a train passing Brooklyn or Queens. Then your in for a surprise. Other things are there is a lounge on level 2 but t.v. Was not working but space was available. The lounge downstairs has a kitchen but not breakfast so bring your breakfast.To prepare. Overall half way there it is average stay with company people you don't know.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4