Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

--- Very noisy - lots of train noise and traffic. Bathroom door closed very poorly - had to push really hard to close or open. Toilet paper holder was broken. Rooftop terrace was closed. Overall atmosphere of the hostel lacked of a good, friendly vibe. +++ Location. Very close to the subway.

The room we stayed in did not allow us to adjust the A/C. Although the staff at check in said that we were able to adjust it, we were unable to.

• 24th Jun 2015

It was a decent stay for a one night stay. The staff gave me a bunk bed of my choice and that was very thoughful of them.

I felt that the atmosphere of this hostel was very dark. The pictures posted online are similar, however, there is no real light that come in. The rooms are small. We traveled in June and our room air conditioning was turned all the way up. We had no control in turning it down or off. Other hostels I've stayed at in the past have been more inclusive, with activities for their guests. This hostel did not have any organized events.

Charged me for nights I didn't even book and refused to refund me so I lost 50 quid! Expensive for what it is, tight cramped and noisy didn't get any sleep. No locks on lickers and abou a 30 minute journey on the train to get anywhere. The blankets were dirty too.

We only stayed one night passing through but everything was great. Proximity to Tines square for the price and facilities were awesome. Full kitchen, big hang out room. The rooms were a little noisey but almost expected in NYC. Good air-con

I really enjoy the laid backed, friendly environment and clean space provided. The house keeping are really polite in the mornings, the rooms are always clean and tidy, the beds are the comfiest I've slept on at a hostel and the rooms are kept at a comfortable temperature regardless of the weather outside. The hostel is right by the train, it's not even a two minute walk down the street, and the area is mainly a business sector. Which is both convenient and provides for a quieter environment.

• 15th Jun 2015

SUPER CLEAN! It was great. So here are the drawbacks, which aren't many. No control in the room over air conditioning. No elevator. No food in room, but that's why there are no bugs. Location is great but right next to LOUD subway trains and construction. And there is no parking for miles. If you're checking in or out and trying to load into a car, this is impossible.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

The location to the subway was excellent! Not a lot in the area as far as restaurants and groceries are concerned. I would recommend to people!

• 14th Jun 2015

This hostel is really unfriendly, hardly anyone talks to each other. Also the having the air con directly on your bed is not good.

• 13th Jun 2015

Earplugs are definitely required, unless you are able to sleep through a brass concert, due to the subway and street noise. Also, the hotel says it controls the AC, but there is a control in the room, so that is a potential conflict among guests. In my room, the AC vent was directly above one of the beds, so the person sleeping there kind of had the ultimate say about it. Otherwise, the hotel facilities are very good and clean, with a good atmosphere.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Great hostel. Was a bit dark in the room at the corner but bathroom was great size and beds were comfortable.

A very clean hostel with great staff in a convenient location. Located next to the train tracks so bring earplugs.

i would come back.

• 10th Jun 2015

I couldn't breathe in the washroom. (Fan was not working). Outlet plugs were not enough. Not only they were broken down but I also had to climb down from my bed to use them.

Very nice hostel - good location... A bit noisy with subway right outside. .

The staff was very nice and helpful. The atmosphere was severely lacking and boring. Good thing you are minutes from Times Square. The room was very very very small. We slept in an 8 bed room. Between the beds and luggage you can't have more than two people standing up at any time. Security was not a concern and neighborhood is average. Just a block from subway station which is good.

Bed were very noisy.

It was my first time staying in a Hostel, and I have to say that Q4 went above and beyond. The staff was helpful and It was very quiet... I loved it... Next time I go to Ny I am staying at Q4.

• 5th Jun 2015

I LOVED my stay at the Q4 Hotel! This was my first time staying in a hostel and I was completely impressed. Be mindful that the directions you may have to get there may be off a little because the hotel is one some sort of side street. But the place was clean and smelled great everytime I walked in there. The staff was EXTREMELY attentive and efficient. The location is great because all of the really big attractions are 12-15 minute train ride away. Will definitely stay here again!

• 4th Jun 2015