Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

Only stayed for one night to catch a early flight from La Guardia ( Avoid La Guardia with all cost!). Location is perfect, staff friendly. Very loud hostel due to the train lines and a busy road right next door. Room only had 4 lockers when there was 6 beds and not enough sockets for all to charge their phones at the same time!

The Local NYC offers better value stay

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Spacious converted loft conveniently located near a couple of subway stations... and just minutes to central Manhattan. Although not for everyone i like this location, in a developing part of Queens and i love the noise of the elevated subway rattling above - very NYC. The hostel has excellent facilities although it kind of lacks a certain vibe - maybe it needs speakers playing music in the common areas..? Or maybe the staff need to interact more with the guests..? Jason was great though.

Clean and good room

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to hear you were happy with our rooms. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana

Many of the outlets in the room next to the beds were broken. Should be an easy fix!

Fine hostel in Long Island City, Queens. 50 yards (literally) from the subway, which takes you to Midtown Manhattan in 5 minutes. Excellent lounge room with ATM, ping pong, pool table, flatscreen tv with Netflix and kitchen. No in-house bar but there is a deli, liquor store and a dozen food places across the street. Very affordable for NYC standards. Highly recommended.

It's a fantastic place. It's out of the way a bit I suppose, but considering it's right next to a subway stop that takes you in to Manhattan in a stop, or down to Brooklyn in like 3 or 4, it's brilliant. Staff are great and helpful from things to do to just general chit chat. Downstairs has fun stuff for down time. Back in New York at the end of april and I intend to stay here!

• 14th Mar 2015

This was a really great place to stay. It was affordable for my budget, and provided great facilities. The staff were very helpful- they quickly pointed me in the right direction, or provided a solution to my problem (i.e directions, printing facilities, phone charging facilities). Very happy with my stay: would definitely stay again.

NYC has expensive accommodation and Q4 is included. I hate the fact that they charge $5/bag just to leave a luggage in their luggage room on the day of check-out. I have stayed in >60 hostels around the world and this is the first time I encountered the charge for luggage. The pillow was thin and uncomfortable. The staff were not really knowledgeable about NYC. I asked one girl (she's a student) if the Natural History Museum has a pay-as-you-wish entry system and she said no but it's not true!

Al lado de la estación queen plaza del metro!! Así que es súper fácil llegar a Manhattan, entre 10 y 15 minutos, si te vas a quedar cerca de una semana te conviene comprar la tarjeta del metro de 7 dias (ilimitada) por $30 y así movilizarte. Por la misma razón puede llegar a ser un poco ruidoso ya que el metro funciona las 24 horas del día pero no encontré que fuera tanto. Me quede en una habitación de 6 y todo bien, hay calefacción en las piezas...estuve durante el invierno así q no pase frío.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Good hostel. I think probably the best value for you money in NYC. It costs around the same as most of the other hostels, but is really nice. The staff was pretty good, the rooms were clean. The biggest draw for me, however, was the really excellent common rooms they have. Under the building is an entire subfloor that has a kitchen, a ton of tables, couches, a pool table, and table tennis. I met a lot of cool people just by hanging out in the common room there, it had a great atmosphere.

• 12th Mar 2015

The shower had an incredible disgusting smell. The bed numbers were not clear. Other than that all was well...good location and got a good nights sleep.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for the smell you experienced in the shower. We have housekeeping 7 days a week at our hostel so had we have known we would have gladly inspected it and have it re-cleaned to your satisfaction. All our beds are marked with the bed letters on each. We appreciate you choosing us and we would love the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you. Diana-Q4 Guest Relations

Quite loud at night.

Nice place to stay, but you can hear the noise from the train. For me,I do not care. I like this hostel!

I will come back :-)

• 7th Mar 2015

Dear Valued, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to Q4! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Overall, I am more than happy with my stay at the hostel. Especially for the price. It is located at the curve of a metro line which means that noise can be a substantial issue. I can sleep through the regular train noise, but I can't say that I got a good nights sleep. It is essentially a hub for metro lines, which makes access to most parts of the city reasonable. I was a little cramped on the dorm bed (6'2" - 188cm). I come to NY to see friends, so def. meets my needs. Will stay again.

• 27th Feb 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for opting to write a review. Q4 is adjacent to most major train lines making access into Manhattan very easy. We are aware of the noise from the rail and we actively looking into ways to possibly lessen the noise. Thank you fr choosing Q4 and it would be our pleasure to serve you again. Diana Q4 Management

Mostly everything is good. The location is clean and you can reach downtown easy. Because of the good connetion you have to live with the noise from the subway. Lots of the staff looks like they are not motivated and they watch movies all times. sometimes it is really loud in the morning so you wake up if you have a room next to the enterence.

• 24th Feb 2015

Warning! Room temperature was close to freezing all night. I got a bad cold because the blankets are too thin and sleeping bags are prohibited. Staff was unfriendly and completely unwilling to deal with the situation. Refund was denied. Never again!

• 20th Feb 2015

Hello, We had an issue with the heating system in that room so we offered to upgrade the guest at no charge but he refused. We gave him a choice of any accommodations he would like and still he refused. We made all attempts to appease the guest but our efforts were unsuccessful. We would like this review removed.

This hostel is very modern, great location, in Queens but right next to subway and only one stop from Manhattan. Only downside was it was extremely quiet so was hard to judge the atmosphere but it was off season so not the hostels fault.

This hostels web address should honestly be thebomb.com!

Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate your feedback and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Hotel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7