Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

Everything was perfect !! Thank to all the staff

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Location is good and facilities were okay. I could meet nice people in my room and basement. The night shift staff was very kind and helpful. But I'm not sure with other staffs. Don't expect much for this hostel. Nice location and meeting friendly people from all over the world. That's all.

Wonderful hostel, good lacation, very close to subway, few minutes to downtown. This hostel is very good to people who has very tiny budget to travel in a big city like New York. Just few minutes walk to subway. Because it closes to subway, you can hear the trains are running on the track in middle of the night. If you dont mind that, It is very good to place to stay.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

Great location just across Queens plaza station, you can reach to Downtown Manhattan in a few minutes. I liked the fact that you have ensuite bathroom and despite the train noise the rooms are very comfortable.

Front staff could have been more friendlier.Room was very nice and floors were nice wood floors.Comfortable beds and bedding. Bathroom clean and shower great. Air conditioned very well.

1. No free food 2. Small handwasher 3. No SOAP! 4. Smells bad. Me and our friends can't even describe these smell! 5. One Japanese man was farting all night 6. No windows 7. terrible pillow and bed cower

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Ukraine

great place to stay. cleanliness is vital. Security is very important for safety.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

I had a very pleasant stay at q4. I have stayed in many low budget hostels and this as by far the best. So clean and fresh. Great common area where I got to make breakfast each morning and catch up on emails and my blog. My only negative comment I would say is that the staff don't really engage that much with you. Maybe was my fault but my friend owns a backpackers in Cape Town and they give each guest a personal tour and always there to encourage site seeing and getting to know the place.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Q4's location was the best. I found it extremely easily. Once there, it was really easy to go grocery shopping or find my way back. It was clean and the lounge is the best I've been in so far. Reviews on Hostel World warned that it's location came at a cost with the train so close. I was concerned about it a little, but I knew myself and figured It'd not be so loud I couldn't sleep through it and that was the case. The staff was always helpful for any question I had.

• 21st Jul 2015

This Hostel is one of the best hostels I ever stayed at. It´s so cheap, clean, and everybody is so nice and helpfull. It´s so close to a Dry cleaner, and the subway. And its also super close to a skyline over Manhattan.

• Denmark

nice and affordable place to stay, location is convenient

• Turkey

Awsome stay! Staff is really friendly and helpful. A little walk to the subway station and you are on Times Square few minutes later. Only thing, bring earplugs for sleeping, subway is a bit noisy.

Perfect hostel

Really great place to spend the night, meet some interesting world travelers, and conveniently located in Queensboro. I am from NYC, and every time I visit home I use this hostile.

Overall it was a pleasant experience but some things really bothered me, there was no shampoo provided which almost all Hotels and even Motels provide as a complimentary, there was no phone to call the receptionist again all the hotels have it or TV in the room. I didn't like that i had to share the room with 2 strangers which I had no idea what their background were. There was some upside to it, its right next to the Metro which is the only way to travel in NY, it was a very new looking hotel

• 17th Jul 2015

Wasn't greatly impressed by the noise at reception where a staff member and guests were having a basically shouted conservation after 1am that was clearly audible from the 1st floor rooms.

Great links into Manhattan and to JFK but a little out of the main attractions. The two male night staff during my time were excellent, engaged others not so much. It was a hindrance to pay separately for different booking and pointless Lots of outside noise and light, worst sheets and pillows known to man. A $5 fee to store you bag after a week's stay is extortionate and rude. There were 2 school groups staying simultaneously during my stay which sucked the atmosphere out of the common room.

Not a good place to meet people. The staff is not helpful and seem to be polite only by accident. The noise is really bad, earplugs do help but if you are a light sleeper I suggest you stay elsewhere. Our six bed dorm had only four lockers with no intention of getting the missing two. The subway is close so moving around is quick and easy. The beds were very good. If you need a cheap place just for sleeping, this is it.

Very close and easy to get to Manhattan. Definitely need ear plugs as it is located next to main road and under train tracks. Very clean. Not a lot of atmosphere, possibly ruined by large group of French students who were constantly in shared areas. Overall good value for money.

I have stayed there before and enjoyed my stay but my last time there, there was a group of about 30-40 younger guests that kinda of took over the place. I couldn't sit and eat or watch tv. Very frustrating.

• 14th Jul 2015