Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

1. No free food 2. Small handwasher 3. No SOAP! 4. Smells bad. Me and our friends can't even describe these smell! 5. One Japanese man was farting all night 6. No windows 7. terrible pillow and bed cower

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Ukraine

great place to stay. cleanliness is vital. Security is very important for safety.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

I had a very pleasant stay at q4. I have stayed in many low budget hostels and this as by far the best. So clean and fresh. Great common area where I got to make breakfast each morning and catch up on emails and my blog. My only negative comment I would say is that the staff don't really engage that much with you. Maybe was my fault but my friend owns a backpackers in Cape Town and they give each guest a personal tour and always there to encourage site seeing and getting to know the place.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • South Africa

nice and affordable place to stay, location is convenient

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

Awsome stay! Staff is really friendly and helpful. A little walk to the subway station and you are on Times Square few minutes later. Only thing, bring earplugs for sleeping, subway is a bit noisy.

• 20th Jul 2015

Really great place to spend the night, meet some interesting world travelers, and conveniently located in Queensboro. I am from NYC, and every time I visit home I use this hostile.

Overall it was a pleasant experience but some things really bothered me, there was no shampoo provided which almost all Hotels and even Motels provide as a complimentary, there was no phone to call the receptionist again all the hotels have it or TV in the room. I didn't like that i had to share the room with 2 strangers which I had no idea what their background were. There was some upside to it, its right next to the Metro which is the only way to travel in NY, it was a very new looking hotel

• 17th Jul 2015

Wasn't greatly impressed by the noise at reception where a staff member and guests were having a basically shouted conservation after 1am that was clearly audible from the 1st floor rooms.

Great links into Manhattan and to JFK but a little out of the main attractions. The two male night staff during my time were excellent, engaged others not so much. It was a hindrance to pay separately for different booking and pointless Lots of outside noise and light, worst sheets and pillows known to man. A $5 fee to store you bag after a week's stay is extortionate and rude. There were 2 school groups staying simultaneously during my stay which sucked the atmosphere out of the common room.

Very close and easy to get to Manhattan. Definitely need ear plugs as it is located next to main road and under train tracks. Very clean. Not a lot of atmosphere, possibly ruined by large group of French students who were constantly in shared areas. Overall good value for money.

I have stayed there before and enjoyed my stay but my last time there, there was a group of about 30-40 younger guests that kinda of took over the place. I couldn't sit and eat or watch tv. Very frustrating.

• 14th Jul 2015

My weekend holiday to NY was excellent and a great location to stay is always a plus. The location is a 15 minute subway ride from Midtown Manhattan and a 3 minute walk from subway stop. Others complain about noise level due to subway; however, it wasn't too much of a nuisance. My room slept 8 guests all from around the world and was a great opportunity to meet and socialise with them. The facilities are exceptionally clean, safe, and inviting. Wifi free!

For female 6 beds I suggust you guys bring ear plugs with you because you will hear the train all night. I'm lucky to have that and I sleep very well. And for the other rooms I don't know. Location is really extremely great it's just 2 mins from queens plaza train.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

The hostel is two subway stops away from central park and less than a 5 minute walk from two different subway stations, so it is super easy to get to and from manhattan. The rooms are clean and each bed has a personal light and outlet nearby. The only thing is that its right next to an above ground subway, so it is pretty noisy. Bring earplugs if you can't fall asleep with noise.

• 10th Jul 2015

Very clean, functional, and fun. A good place to rest your head at night before hopping the N Train into the city each morning. So conveniently located just a block away from the subway; 5min ride into the heart of Manhattan! Made great friends with my bunk mates over the last few nights. Staff is helpful and efficient!

• 10th Jul 2015

i had a great time there.i was able to make the ladies behins the desk laugh.i enjoyed their smiles very much.a couple of other people asked questions.that was fine with me.in all an excellent time.

So very clean! Very close to an easy subway station that I never had to worry if I was on a local or express train.

Very clean hostel, one block from 2 subway stations. Atmosphere could be improved by activities or TV shows, TV games that could distract or engage people in the living room.

Chilled-out mid-size hostel in an excellent location for subway access: trains directly to the airport and to most of Manhattan and Brooklyn are a short walk away. However, one of those train lines is elevated and the noise would bother a light sleeper, especially in the front room that I was in. (That said, the front dorm room is very convenient!)

I liked my stay at the Q4 New York. The only thing I did not like was that I was the only one in the room (5 bed female dorn) that didn't have a plug or a small reading lamp at my bed.

• 7th Jul 2015