Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

2018 Total Reviews

very loud

• 22nd Sep 2014

Nice hostel, I only booked for 3 nights and I wanted to extend my staff, but it was full booked!! Reasonable price

This hostel does the job. It's easy and inexpensive to get to from JFK, and is a decent rate. Facilities are fine and room was clean and had a locker. Bathroom was nice. Where I was close to the reception was very dingy though

Had to wait until 5pm to check in and when I went to the room the bed was still not made. Then when I went to sleep late at night I found that they had given me two top sheets. Most staff were cold and unfriendly.

A substandard hostel with incompetent and careless staff. Check in took 30 min (including being sent to the wrong room) and saw staff completely apathetic to a guest's problem caused by another negligent staff member. Internet was so slow that I couldn't even use Google Maps to figure out where I was going next. Like all of NYC it was poor value for money.

The hostel is very close to station, but its noisy from the train, cars and ambulance are annoying all over the night. Other than that, it's a good one.

Thank you for your feedback. Q4 is adjacent to several major train lines and a major roadway. We apologize for the noise and we actively looking into ways to possibly lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing us. Q4 Management.

Great location, with many metro and subway lines near by to get round. Great value for money in NYC. Clean.

the hostel should find the way to reduce the noise from subway. a layer of plastic under the pillow and bed is making noise and uncomfortable

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

I was very happy with the staff at this hostel. They were very helpful with assisting us with planning our travels around NYC.

• 12th Sep 2014

The hostel is located on an extremely busy 4 lane road with a train line above. Our room was at the front of the building and there's no soundproofing at all. It sounds like the window is open all the time. We asked about the noise when checking in and were told there were free earplugs in a bowl in reception. Other than that that its a good hostel but the noise is enough to make us not want to go back sadly.

Very nice location it takes less than 5 minutes to the nearest Subway station and about 10-15 to be back in Manhattan, really great! Staff was helpful and friendly when I got there. Shared a room with 5 others and it was a nice atmosphere, beds were clean and i liked that you have a bathroom right there. Nothing to complain about! Our floor had a seperate small room to hang out and meet people with a TV- super cozy. Would wish that luggage storage after check out was free though!

• 12th Sep 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I have noted your concerns about the luggage fees. We strive for the best customer experience & we are actively looking into ways to improve this. Thank you for choosing Q4!!! Diana Gomez-Romero

I stayed at four different rooms.The 4- and 6-bed rooms were large enough,but the 5-bed-rooms are very small. Generelly, there is a lack of shelves and hooks,especially in the bathroom and at the beds,very small and helpful devices which easily and cheeply could be remedied.Most of the staff is helpful but somehow cold, as mentioned in other reviews and agreed over with my roommates.All rooms are nice and clean and equipped with new furnishing.It takes two or three minutes to the subway on foot.

• 11th Sep 2014

Q4 is a nice hostel. Really easy to reach from JFK airport. The room was really clean and nice, however during my stay there was constuction that started at 7am. People are nice and helpfull. I would recommend the place if you do not mind being a bit out of the actual centre. It is a 20 minute subway drive away.

• 10th Sep 2014

The kitchen has improved a lot since we first stayed there....but a ketle would be good! (and more mugs!). Full sized block out blinds would be good too. Most anoying thing....being charged to store luggage at the end of your stay....it's just NOT a traveller friendly thing to do. Overall, the location is convenient, clean, and the free earplugs do go someway to cutting out the noise from the elevated subway!

Thank you for your feedback. We are making strides in improving the guests experience while staying here. I have noted your suggestions and will act accordingly. Thank you choosing Q4!! Diana Gomez-Romero

Trains where a but noisy at night, sometimes other guests would be talking in the room but what do you expect living with 5 other guys. Facilities are great and location is wonderful, so many train options.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

We LOVED this place! Price for a week in New York can't be beat. Location was amazing-right next to the subway. Noise became background noise after like two nights. We felt safe, and our privacy was respected. 24 hour convenience stores located nearby for whenever you arrive or depart. It was the cleanest place I've stayed with all the essential conveniences. No TV but wifi available. The staff was cool, courteous, and helpful. The lounge area rocked. One suggestion: face, hand, and wash towels.

• 7th Sep 2014

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are making strides to making guests experiences even better starting with improved tv service and WiFi connections. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to having you visit us in the future. Diana Gomez-Romero Q4 Management

Very good connection to nyc. You need a lock for the lockers. If you want to leave your bagage for the day of check out it costs 5$ per piece.

• 5th Sep 2014

We had a private ensuite double room. The room was nice, clean and comparably spacious. The hostel is only a few minutes by subway from downtown Manhattan. However, for 150 USD per night we would have expected that our luggage would be kept at the hostel after a four night stay free of charge. Staff friendlyness and professionality varied very much. Be prepared to sleep with earplugs (noisy subway and road as well as construction works are in close vicinity).

Good location! Easy to find

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Gomez-Romero Q4 Management

this place has great potential and the hostel itself is of high quality - clean, modern and good facilities. what it does not advertise however is that ALCOHOL IS BANNED on site and they even check your rooms for it. there is absolutely ZERO atmosphere here and for a solo traveller it was lonely

• 2nd Sep 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Q4 is a drug and alcohol free establishment. This is for the comfort and protection of all our guests. We do apologize for this inconvenience. We are actively working on ways to liven up the atmosphere and are making great strides. Please look to us in the future and please let us know how we can make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing us! Diana Gomez-Romero-Q4 Management

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7