Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

there could be a inhouse cafe in addition to having a kitchen....

• 1st Jan 2016
  • India

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would love to offer a cafe but unfortunately due to space limitations we cannot. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again. Diana-Guest Relations Manager

The hostel isn't that bad, except for the recepcionist. They should have a better mood for that position. The heat was't working one night and that really was bad. I asked for more blankets and guess what??? They didn't have any extra. That sucks... I mean you guys should be prepared for this types of problems. Having extra blankets is a "must" if you want to run this type of business.

There were some important things to improve: - Bed's sheets didn't feel like clean on the first day and they were not change neither there was an option to get a clean set. - Bed's sheets were broken in one of the sides, seems to be old and wore. - No elevator for people or just the luggage, we had to carried with two big bags up to the 3rd floor - There was winter (-2| C) and the was a huge cold leak on the cell's window. - Some front desk employee seems tired and not so much helpful.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

The hostel is great, really good experience with the staff and the people staying. Organized a great NYE party for all of us, so much fun!

Very nice and well-kept hostel! The staff is attentive and knowledgeable of the area. Got a great deal for lodging during New Year's. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to any person traveling to NYC.

• 28th Dec 2015

I stayed at 5beds dorm female, the one bed supposed to be under the ac so the person can sleep well not bothered by the wind from the ac. And then why there is some beds has the lamp but there is the bed doesn't have the lamp? And then the hostel should tells us about there is locker so we can prepare the padlock(may be its normal in hostel there is locker but it's because my first time stay at hostel so I don't know) but the rest is really goooodddd.😉

Thanks so much, we had a great stay!

• 22nd Dec 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your thoughts and opinions help us make the hostel experience better for guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Receptionist is very impolite. She should be kind and solve problems with true way. We will never stay again here.

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Turkey

Dear valued guest, We apologize for the cold and unfriendly reception you received from our staff. We strive for excellent customer service & again our sincerest apologies that is not what you received. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your thoughts and opinions help us make the hostel experience better for guests.

best hostel. with friendly staff

It rained one day, The room I stayed at had a leaking ceiling, we had to use our towels to dry the flooding floor. Location is nice, very close to metro, 10min from Times Square. Rooms are small but good enough to sleep at, I mean you're in NYC anyways, so just go out and party.

Dear Valued Guest, I first want to apologize for the experience you had with the ceiling leaking, this is something we will make sure we have fixed. Also thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your thoughts and opinions help us make the hostel experience better for guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

I sure would recommend this hostel. It is located in a very accessible part of New York, close to Queensboro and Queens Plaza subway stations, and it takes about 10 minutes to get to downtown. The downside is that it is so close to these stations and the train tracks that you can hear the loud train noises all the time. Furthermore, the hostel is very clean and safe.

In general, the hostel was average. But the bed in our room make so much noisy, there is only one plug in in the loft bed When we checked out we needed to pay more 3 dollars per bag since our flight would leave only in the evening ( most of the hostel after check out, they store our bags for free) . There is no locker in the hostel, the bags are stored behind frontdesk. The bathroom is really good, is big and clean. Inside the room there are lockers. The room is also very clean.

• 19th Dec 2015

Great location, all linens were provided. Facilities were clean with a very nice lounge & kitchen for all to use and relax in after a long day. Hard part was location- at times it took a while for taxis/ubers to get to our location due to the crazy intersection. But it's right down the block for a metro station- so it was very easy to get in and around the city! Would definitely go back!

• 18th Dec 2015

The restroom sink is so tiny we can't put our toothbrushes there. Space was very limited for our items, a small shelf would be very useful either in the restroom or room.

• 13th Dec 2015

The hostel is ptetty, recently renovated and lies just two to three metro stations from Manhattan. However, the hostel lies on the very busy road and also the overhead metro line is very loud. If you have the "luck" with the room facing the street and the bed near the window, it is impossible to sleep without the earplugs. The room, the bathroom and the shower were cleaned every day. The bathroom and the shower are very very small but are shared only by the people in the room.

The price of this hostel is very decent considering how close to Manhattan it is. It is very close to several subway lines and within several stops of Manhattan. I stayed twice, my 8 bed dorm was perfectly roomy but my 5 room was very small. Most staff members seemed pretty disinterested and there wasn't much of an atmosphere. Staff members were also a little blaze about security. But overall for the price and the location I would definitely recommend the hostel and stay there again.

Dear valued guest, We apologize for the cold and unfriendly reception you received from our staff. We strive for excellent customer service & again our sincerest apologies that is not what you received. In terms of the security measure, staff members have to take extra precautions until we are able to get new security for the hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your thoughts and opinions help us make the hostel experience better for guests.

This was more than I could have asked for in a hostel. It's located not even a full block from the subway and only cost $17 for an uber from LGA. The rooms are all keycard entry with USB/outlets/reading lights at every bunk. Very clean, and the private bath per room was awesome(although I felt bad when I had to shower at 3am for my flight) Will definitely be coming back!

Very nice hostel, it was my second time there.

Most of the staff were very unfriendly and unapproachable.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. May I first apologize for the staff being unwelcoming. We strive for excellent customer service and we are saddened to hear that is not what you received. We are currently undergoing a re-training process of all our staff. Please consider staying with us again and we would love the opportunity to make your stay a memorable one. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana-Q4 Guest Relations

Great and super helpful staff. They really went out of their way to help me even with some very specific info I needed. Thank you Justin! . Really nice and clean premises. Subway station at a stone throw of the hostel, super handy to get to downtown Manhattan in about 15 to 20 mins. Also E train to JFK airport has a stop at station just beside hostel. Area felt totally safe even at night for a lone female traveller. There´s a couple of good delis on same street than hostel. Thank u staff at Q4