Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

Very nice hostel - good location... A bit noisy with subway right outside. .

You are not allowed to consume alcohol on the premises which does not add to a good atmosphere. in an expensive city it would be nice to be able to have a few beers in the kitchen before going out. It would also help people get to know each other more. Except the staff sat down in the kitchen drinking alcohol, dominating the atmosphere and watching youtube videos while ordinary guest were not allowed to drink. I would have no problem whatsoever with this except if i were allowed drink too.

• 6th Jun 2015

The staff was very nice and helpful. The atmosphere was severely lacking and boring. Good thing you are minutes from Times Square. The room was very very very small. We slept in an 8 bed room. Between the beds and luggage you can't have more than two people standing up at any time. Security was not a concern and neighborhood is average. Just a block from subway station which is good.

Bed were very noisy.

It was my first time staying in a Hostel, and I have to say that Q4 went above and beyond. The staff was helpful and It was very quiet... I loved it... Next time I go to Ny I am staying at Q4.

• 5th Jun 2015

I LOVED my stay at the Q4 Hotel! This was my first time staying in a hostel and I was completely impressed. Be mindful that the directions you may have to get there may be off a little because the hotel is one some sort of side street. But the place was clean and smelled great everytime I walked in there. The staff was EXTREMELY attentive and efficient. The location is great because all of the really big attractions are 12-15 minute train ride away. Will definitely stay here again!

• 4th Jun 2015

Never mind the train noise. If you're a girl, don't choose the 6 female dorm. Chance is they'll put in you in the room right next to the reception where they play loud music until late at night and where you can hear pretty much every conversation that happens at the desk.

Having towels, pillows, and bed sheets was amazing.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review! We appreciate you staying with us. Diana Q4 Hotel

Suggestion: more cleaning supplies for the hostel guests to use in the kitchen area: broom, dustpan, dishcloths etc. People who make food should clean as they use the kitchen during the day. A sign or two in several languages reminding would help also. Guests not used to hostel culture do not clean their place after eating, leave a pan dirty. Also, keep an eye on the number of mugs and cooking/serving utensils. All in all, the place was in great shape, everyone working wonderful. Thanks!

• 3rd Jun 2015

I've not been to many hostels but this was a really good one!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Creaky bed was annoying, but I didn't mention it as I could have.

• 1st Jun 2015

Dear Valued Guest, We apologize for the squeaky bed. Had we known we would have corrected this problem for you. Again our sincerest apologies and we thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Atmosphere lets this place down and it's a shame. Staff were professional and the place was very clean. Excellent bathroom.

I like Q4

• 31st May 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review! We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you stay with us again. Diana Q4 Guest Relations

It is good hostel for the money. I don't like the fact that they control the A/C and it is always warm. In addition, it is next to the metro tracks and it is very loud all the time. On the other hand, you can get to the metro station in two minutes.

• 29th May 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Great value for your money. Very close to the subway, which was great.

• 28th May 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your delightful review. We appreciate you staying with us. Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Clean Hostel, subway across the street. Kitchen & Lounge is big although there is only one stove, no freezer, a free food shelf would be nice :) Beds are comfy. Overall great value for money considering that it takes you 10-15mins to get into Manhattan. I'd stay here again.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank for you for your feedback. We do have a shelf for free food in the kitchen and we will look into getting a freezer. Thank you for choosing us! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Nice hostel, not too expensive for New York, a bit inconvenient due to being in queens but still right outside the subway so that's cool. Kitchen and common area are nice and well equipped, rooms are a bit loud because of the train, but overall good

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review. We apologize for the noise from the trains. We are actively looking for ways to possible lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing us! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

It'd be perfect if Q4 provides water dispensers. Anyway it's a nice place to stay!

I had a very pleasant stay here. Everything is great! The location is safe and closed to the subway station. And it is only a short train right straight to downtown Manhattan. The noise from the subway trains is really not that loud. Even though the staff is not the most friendly group I have met, but they are very nice and helpful. Beds can be a little noisy, but not a big deal. The whole place is clean and well taken care of. Overall, it is a good place to stay for the price I paid.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of the noise from the trains and we are actively looking into ways to possibly lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again. Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Receptionist was very friendly. She gave mw all required information. But, at night n I came back, someone else had occupied my bed. This was totally disturbing and unsafe. This could have been managed better.

• 24th May 2015
  • India

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review. We apologize for any uneasiness you felt while staying with us. We do encounter situations where guests occupy the wrong beds. We are actively looking for ways to improve these mishaps. We are honored that you chose to stay with us & we would love to serve you again. Diana Q4 Guest Relations