Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

2089 Total Reviews

Very clean, close to the subway so pretty much close to everything! The only thing is that I had my room on the hall and at night we could hear the staff talk loudly ALL NIGHT LONG, which was a little anoying. appart from that, I had a great stay at Q4

• 3rd Oct 2014

Thank you for your feedback. First, let me apologize for the noise level of our staff. I will address this with them promptly. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to possibly serving you in the future. Q4-Management

Excellent place!Two min to Subway,clean room,nice friendly staff,and good atmosphere.Perfect choice to short stay at NYC.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Poland

Near the railway, too noisy to sleep

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Q4 is adjacent to various major train lines and a main highway. We do apologize for the noise and we actively looking for ways to lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing us! Q4 Management

Good palace to go to airport. Thank you so much . I could sleep well.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Good location, just one stop away from Manhattan. Make sure you get the earplugs from the reception to ensure a good night sleeep, as the metro station is so close and trains run 24 hrs. Rooms, Bathrooms and common areas very clean. The atmosphere is very poor, there is a common area in the basement which is pretty cool, however there is no music, the TV never worked in the week i stayed, despite the fact that I talked about to the people in recpetion.

Pretty great experience in Q4. It would be better if the bathroom can be bigger.

This place was really great - my only complaint was the really strong air freshener / candle smell in the hallway with undertones of mold.

• 26th Sep 2014

This is an excellent budget option for New York City. It's the fourth time I've stayed here, and I am very comfortable with the high ratings I give to Q4. The hostel has several public transportation options just about at the door step that bring you right into Manhattan and beyond. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly, and the vibes are good.

Very noisy because of the railway in front of the hostel. No alcohol allowed, staff performes room checks....

• 24th Sep 2014

A reasonably priced place for exhorbatant New York. Good sized common room in basement. Hard to get a good nights sleep though with the noise of the trains directly across the street and with no proper curtains and bright streetlights the room is never dark. Take the free earplugs on offer you will need them. I didn't choose to stay there again on my return visit.

Great hostel! I love that it's newer and modern. The 4-bed ensuite with bathroom is a wonderful set-up. Much easier with four people in a room and one bathroom than 8-10 people in a room. Clean, a little noisy with the train but the complimentary ear plugs solve that problem. Beds are comfortable and the place is very secure. Safe, nice neighborhood and the subway is barely three blocks away. 7 train is 10 minutes into Manhattan. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Staff was nice, too.

very loud

• 22nd Sep 2014

This hostel was so good for my stay. I stayed there for 2 weeks. The staff is welcoming and helpfull. The building is close to subway so it's noisy all the time but you can take earplugs at the reception. The hostel is so clean; there is a full kitchen in the basement. The quality/price is good too. Queens is a safe borough and peaceful (so far away from the crazinest of Manhattan!!!). I really enjoy my stay and the sofa (in the living room) in this hostel!!!

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Cote d'Ivoire

Nice hostel, I only booked for 3 nights and I wanted to extend my staff, but it was full booked!! Reasonable price

What a great hostel close to NYC and great value! The rooms were very spacious for NY and clean. The decor is up to par with modern hotels, which was a nice surprise. Overall very satisfied and would definitely stay here again if needed.

This hostel does the job. It's easy and inexpensive to get to from JFK, and is a decent rate. Facilities are fine and room was clean and had a locker. Bathroom was nice. Where I was close to the reception was very dingy though

Great place, great staff, clean rooms, everything good. The one thing i disliked of my stay is that the main common room, even if big and well equipped, is downstairs and travelers would just use it to have dinner and use their laptops, with not much interaction. I don't know if i should blame it on the disposal of tables being not very circle talk inviting or the fact that NYC is a really tiring city. Maybe it was just my perception. If you come with friends you wont care about this tho.

Had to wait until 5pm to check in and when I went to the room the bed was still not made. Then when I went to sleep late at night I found that they had given me two top sheets. Most staff were cold and unfriendly.

Q4 is a nice hostel with helpful staff, but it is incredibly loud from the traffic and subway. Unfortunately impossible to get some sleep without earplugs.

• 14th Sep 2014

A substandard hostel with incompetent and careless staff. Check in took 30 min (including being sent to the wrong room) and saw staff completely apathetic to a guest's problem caused by another negligent staff member. Internet was so slow that I couldn't even use Google Maps to figure out where I was going next. Like all of NYC it was poor value for money.