Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, New York, USA

Keeping in mind it is located in Queens, it's always going to take a little bit of time to get to Manhattan. That being said, the hostel is located close to several subway stops, which is convenient when routes change or stop running. Overall it was a nice hostel, but I'm glad I travelled with a friend and wasn't alone. The atmosphere isn't as social as other hostels I've stayed at, so it may be difficult if you want to meet people.

We (2 girls) stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. Girls were great fun, room was tiny and cramped once everyone has there luggage in the room. This place is a 'party hostel' with an event every night and music in the lobby 24/7, which can be great or not so great depending on your enthusiasm to back up partying night after night. I accidentally left an item at the hostel, felt the staff did minimal to assist. Location is great, take earplugs if your not likely to pass out in sleep

• 26th Dec 2013

I had a great stay. The staff was friendly and I thought the place was really nice.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

WiFi was terrible. Location is easier to commute to Manhattan. However it is also pretty noisy as it is closer to metro railway station.

Not sure why this place has such high reviews, our shower was mouldy and stank of it, the communal toilets were always pretty yuck. There is literally no room in the bedroom toilets im 5'4 and my knees were touching the wall when i sat on the toilet, too bad for my 6'3 boyfriend. No atmosphere, thought this place would have at least something on for Christmas day but alas nothing. Sure it looks pretty but its not all that great. Location was good next to the subway and kitchen was well equipped.

The Q4 was a truly remarkable hostel -- probably the best I've ever stayed at. If you want to meet a lot of new people, make friends, and have a great location just minutes away from downtown, then this is the place for you!

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Ukraine

hotel was reall great. alot of common room. the kitche is open 24 hours amazing in hostel.. but the upstairs loung close at 11. bad..showers in some rooms kind of awkward . the place great renovated and clean. interesting bank renovation with a lounge in vault in basement. got all u need kitchen basics. no freezer in fridges.. right near subway . walk a block and get off ur there. long island cit artist area.. thing i did not like sometimes room to hot or cold. other than that ok

Clean convenient place however breakfast option would be much appreciated.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Especially considering that the hostel is located in a very sketch part of town, I think there should be more security. There probably ought to be security at the main entrance. At the very least there needs to be additional security getting into the staircases. Although there probably ought to be both. I stayed in room 209 and most of the time I was there the sink was nearly overflowing with water because the drain was not functioning properly.

Welcoming staffs, very nice basement lounge, dryer not working very well during my stay though.

This place is not organized they assign more than one person to a bed and dont know who is sleeping where. There is no privacy. The room I stayed at was freezing cold even with the little heat source on. I would not recommend this Hostel to anyone. Pay extra and get a real hotel to stay in. I have stayed at many other hostels and they were much better than this place. The only good part about my stay was the night staff because they were very good with getting me a taxi to the airport. Beware!!

It is clean and tidy~ good location! Easy subway transportation to the majority of the places~ the only drawback is that it is not easy to get groceries~ But overall, i really enjoyed my stay at Q4.

• 18th Dec 2013
  • China

I was in room 302, it was horrible. Its extremely noisy one cannot sleep due to the noise from the trains. The Bathroom Sink is extremely tiny you cannot wash your face or even shave in the Sink. This was my first time and my last time staying in this dump. I do not know who or why some people gave this place such great reviews. The Kitchen down in the Basement is always dirty, and unkept all due to some nasty guests. The Laundry is not working well the Dryer is always broken. Its a DUMP!

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Guyana

Provide Free Breakfast

too noisy.. one of roomates checked in 3 am and he turned on the light and started brushing his teeth,, OMG

• 16th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

I found the staff unfriendly and the bathroom was too small and nothing to hang your staff on. The location was good to get into the city, but very loud, because of the train.

We couldn't walk without shoes in the room because the floor was so dirty. The staff wasn't polite in a natural way. They didn't always even answer when we said "bye" or "see you later". It really felt like they were "just working", not providing excellent service. There was also snow inside the public bathroom. The best thing was the great location next to the subway.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Finland

I loved that I was situated just down the street from the Queens Central Station, buying a week metro pass, gave the full advantage of being able to get to from one place to another in 30 minutes or less. Plus The common room downstairs is amazing, super spacious a bunch of recreational games to have with your hostelmates, and the kitchen was well stocked with hardware.

I thought the young front desk staff could have been more friendly, they all looked like they did not want to be there and were always quite abrupt. Not my style im afraid.

• 14th Dec 2013

The location is a mixed blessing: Q4 is very close to two stations, providing access to different subway lines, but the tracks are so close to the hotel it is very noisy.

• 13th Dec 2013