Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

Plastic mattress covers and an ensuite toilet that I could barely fit my knees in the place to sit down! Good decor, but could do with some more signage (floor numbers, main door sign and card swipe, etc). Kitchen needs another sink as there's a queue when people are making breakfast.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your feedback. To assure cleanliness we protect all our mattresses and pillows with covers. We will look into more visible signage. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Our first stop of our RTW trip and this hostel was great. Friendly staff, rooms were decent sized and good bathroom. Modern. Common area was nice. Wifi was good in rooms. Haven't really got anything negative to say. Overall good hostel.

The staff all seem unmotivated. They would help and give suggestions only upon request. But they did help they were very good :) The place was clean and tidy. Would stay there again

if they offer you a reservation for free ،، dont take it they will charge you even u dont stay !!! Poor communication with customer.

If you're a backpacker who needs a place to stay in New York that's decent, this Certainly fits the bill. The hostel provides individual lockers in our rooms, which was brilliant, but be advised you need your own padlock. The front desk does have them for sale at the fair price of six dollars each, and they're good padlocks. Right next to Queens Plaza subway station, so excellent links to the rest of the city Beds were good, as were the morning hot showers. Will definitely stay again

Will stay again n recommend

Only stayed here for one night but extremely clean hostel with a lot of space and great facilities. Need a big lock for the lockers! Very close to the subway - didn't find the noise to be a problem and the hostel do organise activities such as pub crawls. You can be in Manhattan within 15 minutes. There's a few bars, shops and restaurants around but none you would really want to head to. Places to pick up groceries though and cook in the large spacious kitchen. Overall great stay!

The hostel was okay, but not great. The room/bathroom were clean, but had no shelving to put stuff. We had the room right off the lobby, and the staff often played music/watched TV/loud conversations at all hours, which made it hard to sleep along with the 24 hour subway track opposite the hostel. The beds were so uncomfortable, thin mattresses and basically non-existent pillows, and everything is covered in plastic. Kitchen could use more bowls/cutlery etc. Our food was also stolen/thrown out.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our location. I must apologize for the noise coming from the front desk. I have since addressed this issue. I will look into placing more shelves in the rooms. To maintain clean and sanitary beds and pillows we use covers. I have also restocked the kitchen. We provide food labels in our kitchen so guest can mark their food. Thank you for staying with us & we would love the opportunity to make your stay a memorable one. Diana-Q4 Hotel

This hostel was awesome! It's super easy to get into the city fast, the rooms were nice and it is pretty close to the airport. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your delightful review!! We appreciated you staying with and look forward to having you again soon. Diana Q4 Hotel Guest Relations

6 subway lines available really close. 2 stops from Central Park south. I had the impression that this was the best place to stay in NYC, because it's not Manhattan (cheaper night rates and markets), but it's so close in distance. The location might not look really friendly at first because there's so much traffic around (big boulevard, bridge etc) but don't be afraid, the neighborhood is supersafe! Staff was just great to me. Rooms cleaned everyday. Big kitchen very equiped and clean.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • maritambem

Great value for the money. I stayed in 5 different rooms during 11 days and all were new, clean and had lockers. Yes, it's close to the subway station, so it might get a bit loud at night, but to be honest, you'll probably be too tired to even care. I did not have any problems sleeping there, and they have power sockets for every bed, and also an LED light for reading. I could meet many cool people in the lounge, but it does not have any event. Great location! I'm glad I stayed there. Fair price

• 31st Jul 2015

A breakfast would've been great but Hostel was good in general.Room was extremely clean.However, there was no room to place any items in the bathroom or in the room (no shelves at all).Had to place towel and clothes on bathroom floor. The fan in the bathroom wasn't working. The lock of the room door wasn't working, didn't get a room key card. That wasn't really the problem, but our IDs weren't checked every time we asked the staff to open the door, so anybody could have gotten into the room.

Bag-storage for 5 Dollar is unnecessary

The best thing about this hostel is the Value For Money. I could not find anywhere else cheaper with a better location. Security, location (near two subway stations that work 24x7), staff and cleanliness are great! I believe the hostel could improve its Atmosphere in order to make meet travelers easier, with more group activities and a bar downstairs. I was recommended to be in this hostel by a friend and I would recommend that my friends stayed in this hostel as well.

Pool table was great, except the need fix every single cue there! No freezer either....

Everything was perfect !! Thank to all the staff

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Location is good and facilities were okay. I could meet nice people in my room and basement. The night shift staff was very kind and helpful. But I'm not sure with other staffs. Don't expect much for this hostel. Nice location and meeting friendly people from all over the world. That's all.

Wonderful hostel, good lacation, very close to subway, few minutes to downtown. This hostel is very good to people who has very tiny budget to travel in a big city like New York. Just few minutes walk to subway. Because it closes to subway, you can hear the trains are running on the track in middle of the night. If you dont mind that, It is very good to place to stay.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

It's a very nice hostel, the staff and the people staying are really cool! One of the best thing about this hostel is that it's only block away from the Queens Plaza subway station you will always find a way back from anypart and any hour of NYC because QP is an important station for Queens. The only thing that I didn't like was that somedays we didn't have the best wifi and someother the room key didn't work. But, anyways I definitely recommend to stay in this hostel.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

The doorlock (cardkey lock) of the room has to work, it didn't in my room which led to improvising and a feeling of reduced security.

• 27th Jul 2015