Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

The hostel is two subway stops away from central park and less than a 5 minute walk from two different subway stations, so it is super easy to get to and from manhattan. The rooms are clean and each bed has a personal light and outlet nearby. The only thing is that its right next to an above ground subway, so it is pretty noisy. Bring earplugs if you can't fall asleep with noise.

• 10th Jul 2015

Very clean, functional, and fun. A good place to rest your head at night before hopping the N Train into the city each morning. So conveniently located just a block away from the subway; 5min ride into the heart of Manhattan! Made great friends with my bunk mates over the last few nights. Staff is helpful and efficient!

• 10th Jul 2015

i had a great time there.i was able to make the ladies behins the desk laugh.i enjoyed their smiles very much.a couple of other people asked questions.that was fine with me.in all an excellent time.

So very clean! Very close to an easy subway station that I never had to worry if I was on a local or express train.

Very clean hostel, one block from 2 subway stations. Atmosphere could be improved by activities or TV shows, TV games that could distract or engage people in the living room.

Chilled-out mid-size hostel in an excellent location for subway access: trains directly to the airport and to most of Manhattan and Brooklyn are a short walk away. However, one of those train lines is elevated and the noise would bother a light sleeper, especially in the front room that I was in. (That said, the front dorm room is very convenient!)

I liked my stay at the Q4 New York. The only thing I did not like was that I was the only one in the room (5 bed female dorn) that didn't have a plug or a small reading lamp at my bed.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Nice hostel. Decent location. Zero atmosphere. Average staff.

I didn't spend a lot of time inside the hostel but I have had a great experience! It was my first time in an hostel, so I was kind of worried, but everything went just fine. The only thing I would complain was the drain of the shower that was taking too long to drain the water. Two things you may be disturbed: The sound of the train (But is really just one small background sound and I was by the window.) and the restroom door it is a sliding door.

• 7th Jul 2015

This was one of the nicest hotels I stayed. I was a bit worried about moving away from Manhattan and enter Queens. But, it was a small train ride away from midtown Manhattan and the place was as safe as I could have wished for.

This hostel is a cheap/well located option to visit NY. However, the atmosphere and facilities do not create that much interaction among guests... I would consider it for a second visit to NY

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your review. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests. We are looking into different things to liven the atmosphere. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future. Kindly, Lexi Q4 Staff

Considering the prices in New York, it's a good deal. It´s a nice place very close to the subway station. Perfect to just spend the night and discover the city the rest of the day.

Very convenient location considering it is not in Manhattan. Close to 6 different subway lines at 2 different stations so very convenient to get around. Approx 15-20 minutes to Times Square and many other attractions. Room was good; there were not plugs/lights at every bed so that was inconvenient. Washroom is spacious, but the one in my room seemed to have some sort of mildew smell. Not the best atmosphere, but staff was good. Noisy since it's very close to subway, also has construction atm.

We loved our stay at Q4 the place was lovely, clean and modern. We arrived on 4th of July and the staff took us to see the fireworks. The staff were lovely. Also the common areas were really good with pool table and ping pong table and also outside our room was another lounge area that was really cosy and relaxing. The only downside is the hostel is beside the subway tracks so it is noisy but they give you ear plugs so it wasn't an issue

• 4th Jul 2015

The staff were lovely and the hostel was very cool and in a brilliant location! So close to two subway stations! We didn't spend a lot of time there due to travelling but it was easy to get to and lovely when we were there!

• 3rd Jul 2015

SUPER clean-- probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Bathrooms were great too.

• 3rd Jul 2015

We loved our stay at Q4! All-round excellent hostel - really clean rooms and also common room which was a nice space to meet with and chill with new and interesting people. Also, the location was very convenient as it is very close to the subway, with many cheap food options nearby. Best of all, the staff were the coolest people esp. Justin, Carlos and Kimberley.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Very clean hostel and very good common room with plenty of space to mingle. Went to 4th July with group of ~20 plus our guides Justin and Kimberley and had a brilliant night. One or two regular group activities would really get guests mixing such as pub crawl or a yankees game. Highly recommended hostel!

This hostel lacks the normal hostel experience in that there isn't really much of an atmosphere and no organised activities to get talking to other people. Other than that though if you are literally just looking for a cheap place to stay it's a good option.

Positives about the hostel are the location, the basement lounge, and the interior design. Negatives include small sinks in the restrooms, maintenance was not available to repair the toilet in my room during most of my stay because it was over a weekend, Check-Out time of 11am is too early, and I think smaller versions of the basement lounge could be on ALL floors, not just the 2nd floor.

• 2nd Jul 2015