Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

1902 Total Reviews

It's real close to the subway which make my life much more easier. The hostel is modern style and the room is really good. I think it's the best room for dormitory I have ever paid for so far. They provide the towel, but you have to ask from the reception and also free kitchen which is big.

It's bad that we can't turn off the AC. It was really cold in the room and I caught a cold because of that.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello apologies for any confusion during your stay. All the rooms have the control for the HVAC Unit by the inner room door, where you can indeed power the Heat or AC On or Off. We control the temperature from the Front Desk.

Was fairly clean and friendly staff. The bsthrooms are tiny and so where the rooms. Tere are lockers in the rooms but since the rooms are so small rhey were blocked by luggage, and you had to provide your own lock. The fridge was clean but very un-organized, not sure if the staff ever throws out things in there.

Good, clean and reasonably priced place in NYC. Walking distance to the nice park with great views of NYC. Nice rooms with comfortable beds, clean a bathroom and a restroom. It is very close to the subway. From the hostel to the Manhattan it takes just 10 minutes on the subway. Great hostel with cheap, clean and comfortable rooms and facilities. I will definitely stay at this hostel next time I am in NYC.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you again soon. Thanks for choosing us! Diana Q4 Management

The stay was what's expected. The area is and revolves around trains. So if you never slept among a train passing Brooklyn or Queens. Then your in for a surprise. Other things are there is a lounge on level 2 but t.v. Was not working but space was available. The lounge downstairs has a kitchen but not breakfast so bring your breakfast.To prepare. Overall half way there it is average stay with company people you don't know.

My daughter and i stayed here and were roomed with 3 young people from Thailand. I couldn't have wished for a better place or group!!

• 17th Jun 2014

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing us. Diana -Q4 Management

They say they have laundry facilities on the site but actually they do not have. When I asked a staff about laundry, I was told to go to a place three blocks away from the hostel. I was disappointed about that. However, even though the hostel isn't located in Manhattan, the location was so great! There are two stations nearby the hostel and it takes 15mins to go to Times Q.

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, we had to remove the laundry room from our location. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to possibly having you stay with us in the future. Diana Gomez-Romero -Q4 Management

Helpful and friendly staff and easy to get to Manhattan from this hostel. Clean rooms.

The staff was REALLY nice. The location was perfect, you could get to just about anywhere within 15 minutes. The kitchen is really well equipped. I really liked the decor, it was different and progressive.

• 12th Jun 2014

I consider myself to be a heavy sleeper and usually nothing can wake me. Even with ear plugs in I was awoken several times throughout the night to the sounds of the train and honking horns. The room was also incredibly hot and stuffy. Don't be fooled by the lovely décor. There is still no soap in the washrooms to wash your hands. And I didn't even receive a towel so I could dry off my filthy hands. I would have rather spent an extra few dollars to get a better night sleep else where.

• 12th Jun 2014

We do apologize for the inconvenience you experience while staying with us. Q4 is adjacent to the train system and a main highway. We are actively working on ways to possibly lessen the noise. All our rooms have central air conditioning which can be controlled in the room or at front desk. Our apologies if the room was too warm. We offer towels at check in and they are always available at front desk. We are presently installing soap dispensers in all of the rooms. Thank you for choosing us.

A nice hostel with very helpfull staff, its a 2 year old building so you dont get old showers or such that actually needed to be replaced for a long time (as in most hostels) It is a little bit loud with the subway system right next door but it makes it an ideal location to get anywhere in the city!

Subway right near the Q4 Hotel: Excellent transport connection, but lots of noise (even at night).

• 11th Jun 2014

I had a great stay at Q4. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean and location was excellent. 20 minutes walk from central park or less than 10 minutes in the subway.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

I absolutely loved my stay! check in/out were both very easy; i arrived before my room was ready, but they checked my bag for free. I was in New York for a wedding, and the proximity to the Queens Plaza subway station made it easy to get into and out of the city. the room was clean, and actually much nicer than some hotels i've stayed at. of course, the reviews i read about noise from nearby train tracks was very true, but the free earphones provided at the front desk completely eliminated that!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to possibly having you visit us in the future. Thanks for choosing the Q4! Diana Q4 Management

Q4 had an amazing common area, which nobody ever seemed to be in. The majority of staff were pretty unhelpful and they couldn't give much advice about anything. I also had to check out and move rooms 4 times in my stay of 11 nights, as did most other guests (apparently you have to email right after online booking, requesting one room...) Carrying suitcases up and down three flights of stairs every other morning is a huge pain, but apparently nothing can be done about it. Complaints were ignored.

• 5th Jun 2014

1.location is good.although it is in Brooklyn,but it is near to the subway,and if you get on the subway,it will take you 10 mins to times square(the most popular place in Manhattan) 2.it is very very clean here,feels like everything is new.(it seems more like hotel not hostel) 3.staffs are nice and warm heart. 4.free wifi,no breakfast.

Awesome place to stay met tons of people here and it's really close to a subway station.

• 5th Jun 2014

everything is good except noisy outside. If you can fall asleep quickly, that is a good place. close to railway.

• China

I do not have a bad word to say about Q4. Our room was spotless, the staff were so helpful and I would have to say that it was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! It is a little noisey at night but it's New York, it is loud everywhere!! When I am back in New York this is the place I will be staying!!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

i really like the hostel... its always peaceful running over the queens borough bride was amazing this time.. train right there and peaceful... but why the tbs are never working for the guest..? need my mtv also.. all time.