Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, New York, USA

Great hostel. There is a little noise from the subway at nights but they provide ear plugs. The hostel is very close from the subway so it doesn't even matter that it is not in Manhattan.

The hostel is in good location and is very clean. Good value for the money!

Located really near the subway so getting into Manhattan from Queens was easy. In the 8 bed dorm I stayed in there was only one toilet so sometimes there was quite a long wait to use it. Also, the locker space under the bed will fit valuables but not large travel rucksacks or suitcases.

Great hostel, wonderful decor and an abundance of common areas to hang out in. Whilst it was clean, none of the toilet bins had lids on them (not great for ladies' times of the month) and only the toilets in the common areas had hand wash. The lockers are only big enough for valuables, perhaps a small rucksack 24 reception is brilliant and the staff were friendly and helpful!

Great hostel located right next to two different subway stations making it really easy to get wherever I had to go quickly. I moved here from a more expensive hostel for the cheaper price and was very happy. The surrounding area isn't anything flash and there is a train line right outside that might bother some. Only issue I had was that it cost $5 to store my luggage after checking out, & then found other guests were allowed to store them downstairs for free. Would've be nice to know first....

First time staying in a hostel. Enjoyed it. Great common room. Only negative was that I could hear the subway all night. After a couple of nights, it didn't bother me. I would stay there again.

• 7th Dec 2013

I highly recommend the Q4 Hotel. It is very clean and good value for your money. The only thing I didn´t like was the loud noise from outside the hotel. The next time I come to New York I will stay at the Q4 Hotel again.

The hostel in itself is really nice and it's definitely a great value for money in NYC. Easy and fast to reach the center with the metro station almost right in front.The only negative point is that there's really not much around, so don't expect to find bars or restaurants nearby (few take away in the street tho), but kitchen and common room are pretty nice :)

In my opinion is a great hostel that has everything, is very clean in a great location because it is two blocks from Queensboro Plaza (subway N, Q, 7) and Queens Plaza (R), in an area that while not the best has everything to eat and shop nearby. The people at the reception are very sympathetic, especially a girl who was Ecuador.

Convenient location. I could go to Manhattan by train and Brooklyn by bus.

The first night I was there it was freezing in the room! I saw some guys shivering. The second night, the heater was turned on, and the room was warm. The front door to the property was wide open at all hours of the night. ANYBODY could have walked in off the street up to the floors above and the basement below, without being seen by the staff. Of course, they can't enter the dorms without the key card, but if someone were to carelessly leave their room door open......

• 29th Nov 2013

It would have been much better had we been able to put our luggage at the hostel for free for one day.

It was my second stay at the hostel, and I liked it just as much as I did the first time. The only problem was the temperature in the room -- it was so cold at night that i had a terrible time sleeping, no matter what I did.

This hotel is wonderful! clean and friendly!

• 27th Nov 2013
  • China

This was my second experience in a NYC Hostel. The hostel is EXCELLENT !! It's a hostel with a hotel quality. Even better ! The room it was so clean , all the areas of the hostel was clean , and the Staff was really awesome ! So helpful ! The metro it's not so close to the hostel, but it's like a 2 blocks away, but 3 stations away from Times Square so it's really close. A little bit noisy because the street have a lot of movement, but they give earplugs for FREE ! Excellent hostel !

• 25th Nov 2013

Quite nice hostel. Concerning the close train station it's a good location, but unfortunately there's a construction site next to the hostel, so it's noisy after 7am. Staff was really nice & helpful and the room was clean.

• 24th Nov 2013

Thanks. I had a very nice stay in your hostel. My only inquiry would be about the sink in our bathroom. Since the area is quite small (and the sink itself was quite small),immediately after even when one washes her/his hands, the ground is full of water. A plastic carpet or some ground cover would help to solve the problem. Not everyone is drying that space under the sink after use. One might really slide & fall...

Very clean ,very close to train station ( 2 mins walking), the kitchen area is very nice and there are comfortable spots to sit. You can hear the train at night very loud sometimes.

Basement lounge is AMAZING! Such a great atmosphere, and the old "caveaux" with the lounge area inside represents a brilliant idea and a incredibly relaxing area! Position is perfect, Queensboro Plaza and Queens Plaza have lots of subway's lines passing through and you can go basically everywhere with few stops journey. Trains pass close to the hostel, if you have a room close to platform could be a bit noisy but although it's usually tough for me to sleep, in that hostel I slept like a baby! :)

The staff were not helpful at all, often rude.

• 22nd Nov 2013