Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

1902 Total Reviews

First time in a Hostel. May have been spoiled from this one... The rooms are very clean and even trendy... go figure. This will be my headquarters from now on when I travel to NYC.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Overall the stay was pleasant enough for its expenses, but the staff's ridiculous mistake (that lead to them dragging us up from our beds in the middle of the night and trying to throw one of us out on the basis of him being a NY upstate resident) was just absurd.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Finland

The staff didn't seem too enthusiastic about helping hostel visitors, and their service was average at best. Additionally, a TV is blasting in the lobby 24 hrs a day. If you are unfortunate enough to sleep on the main floor, you'll be hearing it all night...even after you and your roommates go to sleep. The main door to the building is left unlocked all day. It wouldn't be difficult for someone to walk in off the street and use the common areas. However, individual rooms do lock.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Thank you for having booked you stay with us at Q4! Sorry to hear of your experience. With regards to the Main door being unlocked it is only because our facility is indeed open 24 hours and we do not have a curfew for guest convenience. As you may have noticed we are monitored by Video Cameras 24/7 and offer additional overnight security. Again thank you for staying with here at Q4!

This was a cheap (for one person), clean place to stay in a location very close to Manhattan and with exceptional access to public transit. I didn't find the atmosphere to be particularly social. I will echo some of the previous comments in that I do really think they should put handsoap in the bathrooms. I had my own hand sanitizer with me, but it was kind of gross to think about how other people are likely walking around without having washed their hands.

Hello, my name is Diana Gomez-Romero one of the managers here at Q4. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of installing hand soap dispensers in all of the rooms. Thank you for choosing us.

nice staffs, nice kitchen, good location cause it is close to subway. One thing that I would recommend is the price should included taxes while booking, the taxes is pretty high.

• 29th May 2014
  • Thailand

The place is really nice, very close to the subway. Although, the noise from the train is kind of annoying.

• 24th May 2014

No soap??? Really??? It was a real pain to have to go out and buy it. I've never been to a hotel that doesn't have it. It costs less than a dollar. Please fix that.

• 24th May 2014

Hello, we are presently working on getting soap in all of the guest rooms. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for staying with us.

Although Q4 Hotel is not located in Manhattan, the actual distance/time to the city (Midtown) is shorter than many other hostels in the Manhattan Island. Very convenient bc the subway stations are so close by. The downside is that you can hear the trains passing by all the time. The staff are helpful and super friendly. I feel very welcomed every time I returned to the hostel - they always smiled at and greeted you. Yes I definitely recommend Q4 for traveling to NYC.

• 23rd May 2014

Location is convenient. Queens Plaza is like a huge transportation hub so even during night the traffic noise is avoidable. But for me, since I went back to the hostel quite late and very tired, I still had sound sleep without any problem. I stayed at a four-bed female room, which overall is quite good. I like the way the washing sink, the toilette and the shower are all separated. Very clean! would be perfect if there is a table in the room though. I like the big kitchen and common room a lot!

Clean, comfortable, good staff and a great location!

I will come back

• 22nd May 2014

Good location and very clean, they provide locker but no lock, you need to buy one for $6, so please do bring your own lock.

Great location and clean Hostel, Atmosphere could be better..

• 17th May 2014

I will be back!! I had the best stay, awesome location and so comfortable there, the rooms are clean.. Only thing like others have said that the trains are noisy but I personally had no troubles sleeping!! I can't wait to come back in two weeks and will be on my list to stay on my next visit! Thanks Q4

My flight got in to NYC very late because of delays, so I called ahead to let them know so they wouldn't think I no-showed. So when I finally arrived, I got checked in and settled right away. My private room was what I needed: very no-frills (not even hand soap!), but good location, clean, helpful and friendly staff, and the right price. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• 16th May 2014

There was no security at the establishment, and the door remained open at all times which means that anyone could have walked in at any time past the front desk if they wanted.

• 15th May 2014

Overall a good experience! Rooms are clean and the beds are comfy for a hostel. The staff was welcoming and helpful and in the lobby there are lots of coupons, maps and pamphlets to help inspire you to explore the city. Would definitely come back! It's also super close to two subway stations and really easy to get to from anywhere.

• 13th May 2014

The only inconvinient is the noise of the the trains and the traffic surrounding the hostel, although it provides free earplugs. Very close to 2 subway stations, and the relation quality x price it is worth it.

• 13th May 2014

overall, it is a good hostel to stay. there are some facility and equipment concern. the first is the ventilation in the bathroom does not function, which make the room humid. the second is the air-conditioner in the room does not work, which also make the room airless. the third is the window in the room is locked, which block the fresh air from coming in. other than the ventilation problem, the equipment and facilities are high quality and the cleanliness are perfect. security is good too.

• 10th May 2014
  • Taiwan

the location is perfect, the hostel is very clean and the value for money is excellent, i really recommend this hostel, i will come back

• 9th May 2014