Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

Beautiful, clean, sparkling, modern; good cleaners; great loungeroom - darts board, TV, pool table, ping pong, two vending machine; comfy tables and couches; rooms are cosy; showers are nice and large; free printing; great kitchen. Toilets are cramped; beds are uncomfortable because of plastic sheeting; doesn't seem to be much atmosphere or community, hard to meet people; no free breakfast; pool table has no triangle and no chalk; vending machines are often sold out; can't eat in rooms.

We booked a 4 dorm male bedroom with 3 people, but when we arrived they put us in 8 dorm mixed bedroom. When we asked about it, they told us we should be glad that we where all still together in one room. Then they promised us that there will only be one extra guest in the room, so it would be like a 4 dorm room. We where there for 4 nights, every night there where different people coming in and out, our stuff was moved constantly, they didn't keep the restroom and bathroom clean!

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Absolutely no activities organised by the hostal, moved to HI hostel, far better!

1.) Insufficient Staff, takes a long time for check-in 2.) The common room on the 2nd floor is useless, closes at too early at 11:00pm and literally no body hangs out over there. 3.) There is no hand sanitizer in the restroom, I cannot believe it was not provided 4.) Lacks hostel events and tours

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

This was a great place to stay. Very clean, staff were nice, in a good area, right next to two subway stations and about a 15 minute walk over the bridge to Manhattan. The traffic is pretty audible if you get a room facing the main street, but you're in the city that never sleeps so don't have a cry about it and soak in the fact that you're in New York City!

I had a problem with my reservation, I did one for an habitation with four bed and they got me an habitation for six, I did the reclamation but they didn't anything about it. Nobody clean that habitation and the bathroom smelled bad.

fast connection to Manhattan. quiet area.

• 26th Dec 2014

Stayed 3 nights. Pretty average all around. My wife and I booked and paid for a 6 person room and we were put in an 8 person room that you could barely turn around in. Second night we returned to the room and found the staff had put someone else in one of our beds. We got the bed back but dealing with that was a hassle. Probably would try somewhere else next time.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We were undergoing room re-structuring so our apologies in the error of having you in the incorrect type. Thank you for choosing us and we would love the chance to better serve you in the future. Diana Q4 Management

I did a reservation for an habitacion to 4 people and they got me an habitation for 6, that one smelled bad, no body clean it before and after either. The help in te reception was no good because nobody fixed our issue.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may experienced while staying with us. We offer housekeeping 7 days so I apologize if your room was not to your expectations. I will look into all these issues and again we apologize and hope we get a chance to better serve you in the future. Thank you for choosing Q4 Diana Q4 Management

Very pleased with this place. Booked only for one night because I wasn't sure of the location and I read some reviews that said it could be noisy at night due to its proximity to the subway track. However I ended up staying for 4 nights. Location was great. Less than 5 mins away from the nearest subway station, about 3 stops away from Manhattan and the noise at night didn't bother me at all. Mind you I used ear plugs in my sleep.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

We appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Management

We had a really great time over there. It was my second time, and I will come back

Thank you for making us your go to while visiting NYC. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate you choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Management

A very nice and clean hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The only issue is the noise from the trains outside but the location is nonetheless perfect for going directly into Manhattan.

We appreciate your feedback. Q4 is adjacent to many major train lines making access into Manhattan very easy. We are actively looking for ways to possibly lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Management

We didn't have lockers for our beds. We were in a six bed dorm, but there were only four lockers. We also didn't have any nightlights or sockets close to our beds. Although the hostel is very well connected due to the metro, there is not much around to do in the area.

• 19th Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We recently underwent a room restructuring so we apologize for there not having the adequate amount of lockers in the room. We have corrected the locker issue as well as the issue with the reading lights. Again our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience. We appreciate you staying with us. Diana Q4 Management

The Q4 Hotel is not in Manhattan, you have to catch the subway over. Catch the N, Q, R or 7 subways lines into midtown from Queens Plaza or Queensboro stations. Area around hostel felt unsafe, abandoned, not much to see. I stayed in a 5 bed f only ensuite. Bathroom had tiny sink, exhaust fan not working, beds were creaky but comfy, good lockers, shower was spacious. Bathrooms all clean. Kitchen/lounge downstairs great, but wifi stopped working down there. No issues with accessing wifi in room.

Room was very cold and the blankets were thin. There was no bar there and nobody stays around the communal areas, so pretty much no atmosphere. Staff were helpful though and the facilities were good.

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize if the atmosphere was less than you expected. Here at Q4 we are not coded for a bar but any of our knowledgeable staff would have gladly directed you to many bar and lounges in the area or in Manhattan. We thank you for choosing us and we hope to serve you in the future. Diana Q4 Management

I had a layovet in New York for 18 hours. sincr I could not check back into the airport I had little options of where to sleep. The hotels around Manhatten are not in a backpackers budgrt! Q4 is a one hour train ride from the airport and a 30 minute walk from Manhatten. great service and clean. wifi throughout the building a plus!

We appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Q4 and we look forward to your next visit. Diana Q4 Management

The staff was quite friendly, informative and helpful. The facilities were very clean. I have never stayed at a hostel with such a clean and tidy kitchen! This was the first time my friend stayed at a hostel - it was a very positive experience! Thank you!

• 13th Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Management

Mixed feelings about this place its in a good location but right next to an overground train which runs all night. Its clean and has great facilities like a pool table in the lounge area. However, the matresses and pillows are plastic and feel horrible to sleep on. In addition they charge you $5 to store your baggage after checkout something which I've come to expect as standard from most other places.

• 12th Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Q4 is close to many major train lines making access to Manhattan very easy. We are looking for ways to possibly lessen the noise. Our mattresses and pillows are encased in plastic protectors for hygienic purposes. We apologize for this inconvenience to you. Thank you for choosing us. Diana Q4 Management

Stay was good. Lounge area on 2nd floor was very nice, and the kitchen and play areas in the basement were as well. Facilities were very clean and staff was friendly. I was surprised that the front entrance didn't require a keycard, especially since there is a door to the dorms that is not in direct view of the front desk. I did not feel unsafe in the building or surrounding area though. My bed was very creaky, so I'm sure it bothered my roommates when I moved around. Otherwise, Q4 was great.

• 5th Dec 2014

The hostel is really nice and very clean. You get a set up bed and a towel for free. - There are earplugs at the reception, for a very good reason. The Windows are terrible. Never had a hostel THAT loud. Sometimes over 61db with close windows in the night.... Hey new windows guys!

Thank you for your feedback. Q4 is adjacent to many major train lines making access into Manhattan very simple. We actively looking for ways to lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing us. Diana Q4 Management