7.6
Very Good 727 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 727 Total Reviews
Qian Men Hostel Located at Meishijie 33, Xuanwu District, Beijing.
China
Beijing 100051 Meishijie 33, Xuanwu District
76% 727
39.8957609 116.3942241
    Rooms available

10th Oct 2016

This place is all about location. Very close to Forbidden City. Nice courtyard setting invites to drink beer all night, but all rooms face the courtyard. Rooms were clean, hot water and wifi working. Mattress was pretty hard. staff speaks ok Englisch and is helpful. Breakfast not included, Full American was very good and around 30yuan.

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
16th Sep 2016

This is the best hostel with great location at Qian Men, 5 minutes' walk to subway and food is available everywhere. Near Dashilar night market and Qian Men walking street. We stayed at double room with private bathroom. The room is bright and clean with simple amenities. The tour package offered by this hostel is not really value for money. overall, I would highly recommend for budget travellers.

26th Aug 2016
7.1

The bar next to the hostel is awesome! But the hostel itself is not very social. Not only backpackers but also Chinese families with little kids. I had to pretty much kick the door for it to close but other than that the room was good.

20th Aug 2016
8.0

I enjoyed the stay. Location is great and staff are helpful. Note: If you book a trip to the great wall in Jinshanling make sure you have a good breakfast before you go! The hostel promised breakfast with the trip and we were offered dry bread and a bottle of water. The last person on the bus did not even get one because they ran out of the "delicious" dry bread. When we got to the great wall food was overcharged. Make sure you eat and take your own food with you.

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
18th Aug 2016
8.0

Solo & MixedRoom Pros: The place is in a very good location. Even though it is beside the main road, yet inside the hostel, it has a peaceful ambience. Staff could speak in English. It also serve western foods and has a small pub. Peaceful and a has tradtional Chinese ambience. Offers tours. WiFi. No curfew. Cons: You need to pay 10RMB for the usage of towel. No free toiletries (shampoo and soap). For dormitories-- the toilet, bathroom and washroom are located on the 1st floor.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
16th Aug 2016
4.3

I will never come back again. I messaged that I was arriving after midnight and I got confirmation that they were keeping my room which they did not. No apologies. No security for your luggage. You just leave it in the area in from of the reception where everyone passes by.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2016
7.7

In a good tourist district. Not flash but fine if you just want a place to crash.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
21st Jul 2016
7.7

Good hostel, our room was clean, as were the common areas. Close to the Hutongs for great food, Tiananmen square, and the subway.

15th Jul 2016

This hostel was in an excellent location. I have two complaints. The air conditioning unit was right above my bed. My roommates wanted the AC on all the time, as a result I caught a cold and missed out on one day of my traveling. The bathroom is pretty far away, it requires a work out to get to it. Otherwise, it was a decent hostel.

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2016
6.9

When I arrived, the manager was excited to receive me & immediately took my bag and welcomed me to rest on the bench in reception. At check in, they asked for a 100 RMB cash deposit in addition to what I owed for my stay. I was shown to my room on the second floor, where I shared a four bed room with four other people (myself and two sets of mothers with their young daughters, so five people in the room total). Showers & bathrooms are on the first floor. It is a very old building so be prepared.