Qian Men Hostel Reviews

Meishijie 33, Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

The hostel was very quiet and not crowded. Nice place to hangout at relax. Very close to tiananmen aquare and other tourist sites. This is my second time staying at this hostel.

toilets and showers are almost outside. fine if it's july but in november it's freezing cold!

Easy to find. Nice staff. Promised to get me a taxi at 5am and failed to do so.

• 6th Nov 2014

It's what you get when you stay in the older traditional buildings. Thin walled, open courtyards and very noisy. Beds were hellish uncomfortable but we didn't request a move, might just have been ours, who knows. Biggest down is only one set of shared toilets on ground floor so it's a long way to go, I'd have expected on each level. Considering these points it's not good value for money, you pay for location. Staff ok, place just decrepit.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Our stay in the Qianmen hostel was all together quite nice. The only problem was one women from the staff who can't speak any English, she was responsible for the reception most of time of our stay so it was a bit hard to get some serious help from her.

The place was nice, they gave us good advice about tours. The location was excellent, good breakfast

The staff is very rude and dont like to help if you need to change rooms. The upper rooms are dirty, the beds are unconfortable, ensuite bathrooms are dirty, pillows had holes in them. Overall we didnt enjoyed our stay in here so please think it twice before staying here.

Really nice and helpful staff. The shower in my room wasn't hot, so I had to use the public showers, which were very hot. Eating in the hostel restaurant is expensive compared with other food in Beijing, but delicious! The old house has a very nice atmosphere. I was travelling alone and felt safe and comfortable. It would be excellent, if the name and address of the hostel could be put on the website in CHINESE LETTERS, because Chinese taxi drivers mostly don't speak and read english!

great location, clean enough and lots of character.

We enjoyed a lot our vacations at this hostel, we recommend it definitely. They serve different kind of breakfast just for more or less 30 RMB. Location is perfect, with a subway station just five minutes by walk and very close to the Forbidden City. The staff's attention is excellent and nice. They also can arrange different organized excursions, for example to the Great Wall. And a very important point is the cleanliness, which was perfect.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Hostel bedding was clean and smelled like bleach but you could definitely tell it had been well used (permanent stains and rips). Day staff was definitely friendlier than evening staff.

Good dorms, at least the four bed. Long beds. Good aircon. Wi-fi a bit up and down. Good breakfast choices. Cheap sodas and beer. Not much atmosphere, too much horking and spitting in the courtyard (by staff much of it). Bit far to the toilets at night after a few beers. ;-)

I booked a bed and it was confirmed, but when I got there the staff said no room was left. I was very angry and argued with the staff. But her manner was terrible. Finally the other staff came and gave me a bed I booked. This was not nice.

The location of this place was amazing. Five minutes from the Qianmen subway and Tiananmen Square. It was so easy to get around from here and at night the local side streets give you plenty to do and eat! The room was pretty spacious and you could run the much needed AC any hour of the day-not the case in some other hostels in China. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The bathrooms/showers might not look the greatest but give you everything you need. Great value!

I stayed for 3 nights in a mixed 4-people room. The room is air-conditioned but there is no locker inside. When I asked if I can store my big luggage in a safe storage room, the staff said to just put in in the room. On the last night, suddenly the staff told me that I had to change room, and all my stuffs were moved at one side and my bed was already occupied by other people. I also lost my slipper that night. But location is perfect and some staffs can speak English.

It was a great hostel to meet other people. The food was a good price and the breakfast was amazing. The location was near many big attractions.

Thanks for a good break - atmosphere a little 're-nao' for me though, would recommend for younger travellers:)

Qianmen hostel was my friend and my first place of accommodation, and I am so happy it was! Perfect location, lovely people and extremely affordable, all made the Qianmen hostel one of the most comfortable places to stay!

• 30th Jun 2014

This hostel truly has a fantastic central location - just a couple of minutes walk from the metro station and The Forbidden City / Tiannamen Sq. Plenty of shops / bakeries nearby for breakfast or snacks. Room was spacious - we booked a twin but ended up with a triple with very good air con and WiFi. We had a shared bathroom which is down some very steap stairs and in a sort of out building - perfectly clean however but a bench or area to leave your clothes would be helpful! Recommended.

• 24th Jun 2014