Qian Men Hostel Reviews

Meishijie 33, Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

The location of this place was amazing. Five minutes from the Qianmen subway and Tiananmen Square. It was so easy to get around from here and at night the local side streets give you plenty to do and eat! The room was pretty spacious and you could run the much needed AC any hour of the day-not the case in some other hostels in China. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The bathrooms/showers might not look the greatest but give you everything you need. Great value!

I stayed for 3 nights in a mixed 4-people room. The room is air-conditioned but there is no locker inside. When I asked if I can store my big luggage in a safe storage room, the staff said to just put in in the room. On the last night, suddenly the staff told me that I had to change room, and all my stuffs were moved at one side and my bed was already occupied by other people. I also lost my slipper that night. But location is perfect and some staffs can speak English.

It was a great hostel to meet other people. The food was a good price and the breakfast was amazing. The location was near many big attractions.

Thanks for a good break - atmosphere a little 're-nao' for me though, would recommend for younger travellers:)

Qianmen hostel was my friend and my first place of accommodation, and I am so happy it was! Perfect location, lovely people and extremely affordable, all made the Qianmen hostel one of the most comfortable places to stay!

• 30th Jun 2014

This hostel truly has a fantastic central location - just a couple of minutes walk from the metro station and The Forbidden City / Tiannamen Sq. Plenty of shops / bakeries nearby for breakfast or snacks. Room was spacious - we booked a twin but ended up with a triple with very good air con and WiFi. We had a shared bathroom which is down some very steap stairs and in a sort of out building - perfectly clean however but a bench or area to leave your clothes would be helpful! Recommended.

• 24th Jun 2014

Lovely family run hostel with an authentic vibe in a very convenient location close to Tienanmen Square. We used the hostel for a trip to the Jinshanling section of the Great Wall, which I can recommend.

Excellent value with exceptional customer service from Lilly and Johnny and the rest of the cleaning and kitchen team. Large spotless room with continuous hot water essential after a day in Beijing’s atmospheric grime. For caffeine fiends, an excellent Italian coffee machine. The table in the court yard is a meeting place for travellers to share experinces and relax in this home style hostel. My young son and I will be back and recommend this haven in the chaos of Beijing.

• 13th Apr 2014

Well, this wasn't my first time at the hostel. I always go back to this hostel when i'm in Beijing. The location is excellent, the center of town with a lot of restaurant to go to. The atmosphere is almost always good here, but you have to make that for yourself ! This time they were fixing some rooms, that didn't bother me but the workers always pissed on the toilet instead of in it , that was not nice !!! :) See you again next year !

Our twin room was very shabby, dirty and one the mattresses was saggy. The room really needs renovation and some new furniture. The shared bathrooms are outside in the backyard which was quite cold because we stayed there in winter. I was glad that our stay was only for one night. But besides that the staff was very nice, the backyard is beautiful and it's near the railway station. Maybe it's bettter to stay there in summer.

• 5th Mar 2014