Qian Men Hostel Reviews

Meishijie 33, Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

Location of the hostel is excellent, a short distance from the Qian Men metro station and plenty of food outlets nearby. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again whenever I visit Beijing again.

Great staff and great location!

The hostel was very quiet and not crowded. Nice place to hangout at relax. Very close to tiananmen aquare and other tourist sites. This is my second time staying at this hostel.

toilets and showers are almost outside. fine if it's july but in november it's freezing cold!

Easy to find. Nice staff. Promised to get me a taxi at 5am and failed to do so.

• 6th Nov 2014

It's what you get when you stay in the older traditional buildings. Thin walled, open courtyards and very noisy. Beds were hellish uncomfortable but we didn't request a move, might just have been ours, who knows. Biggest down is only one set of shared toilets on ground floor so it's a long way to go, I'd have expected on each level. Considering these points it's not good value for money, you pay for location. Staff ok, place just decrepit.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Our stay in the Qianmen hostel was all together quite nice. The only problem was one women from the staff who can't speak any English, she was responsible for the reception most of time of our stay so it was a bit hard to get some serious help from her.

The place was nice, they gave us good advice about tours. The location was excellent, good breakfast

The staff is very rude and dont like to help if you need to change rooms. The upper rooms are dirty, the beds are unconfortable, ensuite bathrooms are dirty, pillows had holes in them. Overall we didnt enjoyed our stay in here so please think it twice before staying here.

Really nice and helpful staff. The shower in my room wasn't hot, so I had to use the public showers, which were very hot. Eating in the hostel restaurant is expensive compared with other food in Beijing, but delicious! The old house has a very nice atmosphere. I was travelling alone and felt safe and comfortable. It would be excellent, if the name and address of the hostel could be put on the website in CHINESE LETTERS, because Chinese taxi drivers mostly don't speak and read english!