Qian Men Hostel Reviews

Meishijie 33, Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

Thanks for a good break - atmosphere a little 're-nao' for me though, would recommend for younger travellers:)

Qianmen hostel was my friend and my first place of accommodation, and I am so happy it was! Perfect location, lovely people and extremely affordable, all made the Qianmen hostel one of the most comfortable places to stay!

• 30th Jun 2014

This hostel truly has a fantastic central location - just a couple of minutes walk from the metro station and The Forbidden City / Tiannamen Sq. Plenty of shops / bakeries nearby for breakfast or snacks. Room was spacious - we booked a twin but ended up with a triple with very good air con and WiFi. We had a shared bathroom which is down some very steap stairs and in a sort of out building - perfectly clean however but a bench or area to leave your clothes would be helpful! Recommended.

• 24th Jun 2014

Lovely family run hostel with an authentic vibe in a very convenient location close to Tienanmen Square. We used the hostel for a trip to the Jinshanling section of the Great Wall, which I can recommend.

Excellent value with exceptional customer service from Lilly and Johnny and the rest of the cleaning and kitchen team. Large spotless room with continuous hot water essential after a day in Beijing’s atmospheric grime. For caffeine fiends, an excellent Italian coffee machine. The table in the court yard is a meeting place for travellers to share experinces and relax in this home style hostel. My young son and I will be back and recommend this haven in the chaos of Beijing.

• 13th Apr 2014

Well, this wasn't my first time at the hostel. I always go back to this hostel when i'm in Beijing. The location is excellent, the center of town with a lot of restaurant to go to. The atmosphere is almost always good here, but you have to make that for yourself ! This time they were fixing some rooms, that didn't bother me but the workers always pissed on the toilet instead of in it , that was not nice !!! :) See you again next year !

Our twin room was very shabby, dirty and one the mattresses was saggy. The room really needs renovation and some new furniture. The shared bathrooms are outside in the backyard which was quite cold because we stayed there in winter. I was glad that our stay was only for one night. But besides that the staff was very nice, the backyard is beautiful and it's near the railway station. Maybe it's bettter to stay there in summer.

• 5th Mar 2014

Great location, just 5 minutes from Tian'Anmen and just in the middle of a hutong area. I've been here before, in October, so that's why I decided to come back now. Only BIG problem: it's the beginning of March and Beijing is COLD. So, crossing the courtyard for going to the showers' room hasn't been that great - most of all because there is no place where to put your stuff, just a few clothes hooks.. so the less you were, the easier.. but it's cold outside!

At first I found the staff a bit grumpy, but it changed to the better when meeting other people in the staff. The location was definitely good, but the place really feels like it's falling apart and in desperate need for renovation. It was also quite cold. Probably it's more of a summer place to stay at. One thing that definitely changes the place to the better is their cooking. If you miss western food they make it like few Chinese can, especially the pizza. Good coffee and breakfast too

Everything was really fantastic. This was my first time staying in a hostel, and I was pretty nervous... I was very happily surprised. I think this hostel succeeds the most in its excellent quirkiness. When you walk outside into the little courtyard area, you get a very cool feeling. And I was afraid the showers would be gross, but boy was that shower heavenly!! High pressure and deliciously hot! :D (what is even this description). Basically, if you want a hostel, this is a great one. :)

• 30th Jan 2014