Quechuas Backpackers Puno Reviews

Jirón Independencia N° 301, Puno, Peru

Just on the border of the city-center, this place has clean rooms (incl. bath-room), comfy bed and an amazing breakfast-buffet (lots of bread, cereals, yogurt, fruits, meat and much more)! Shower had good water-pressure and hot-water all day long. Staff was friendly and helpful. Wifi is stable, but only fast enough in the lobby where it can get a bit cold in the evening. Feels a bit more like a hotel, than a hostel. Therefor the atmosphere is not as friendly as in other hostels. I recommend it.

We loved this hostel. It was so clean and modern. The breakfast and especially the fresh juice were really above average. We had a good stay. We did wonder when the taxi driver stopped on a hill and pointed towards the road we should walk towards the hostel, but it turned out the hostel was super popular and we easily met other travellers. I recommend planning a bit better than we did though... turns out you can only get to Isla tequile first thing in the moring so.... don't miss that boat.

Very clean hostel with hot shower. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in

Great Breakfast, very nice and clean rooms.

Nice hostal, with Warm water and decent breakfast. Really nice

This hostel is a few blocks from the main square, making it a great location. It is however up hill on a pedestrian-only street. Be prepared to get your lungs working! The bus depot to Juliaca is only a few blocks the other direction. Breakfast is great, yogurt in addition to a full spread for sandwiches (avocado, ham, cheese) and your typical bread and jam. I was fortunate to reserve a dorm and get a single (with private bath and TV) for the same price, which was a welcome surprise!

I booked a 6 bed mixed dorm and they gave me a private room with double bed and ensuite, I have zero complaints.

The rooms were very cold, but there was a heater available and the staff gave us an extra blanket for our convenience.