Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

Stayed in 15 bed dorm (more than 15 beds in room upon arrival), and for 11 pounds a night, what can I expect? The room was extremely small and the walls had a black substance (mold?) all over. No lockers in the room meant everyone had to leave luggage on the floor, making the room even smaller and easy access for theft. Facilities were poor and I frequently saw one staff member arguing with residents. Location not ideal but the tube is so easy to use. Decent place to meet travelers though.

Thank you very much! We had a great stay and felt very welcome, even arriving in the midst of night. Very remarkable was the breaktfast, which was really exceeding expectations for that price! Will definitely recommend you!

• 4th Dec 2014

Nice hostel, great staff. Only downside is no kitchen, but you know that from a hostel description which makes it a fair deal.

No place to sit The toom is very tight .. you can't put your bag

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Egypt

Nice place, nice area, great staff (two dudes that work at night Andrew and Kyle i think they are called and the girl from Hungry that works in the afternoon been really helpful and friendly). The outside room needed a little ventilation but I was not much a problem.

it is expected that 16 dorm room is bad, so dont pick it unless u are up for sleepless nights and budget travelling no hot water for basin, but shower and toilet is clean rooms are often cold and damp, the room smells bad staff are friendly u need to walk for 10 minutes from fulham boardway tube station, kinda far away from the tube 50,00 euros for two nights is not really cheap, but the 1.50 pound of breakfast is a valued meal if u are there early

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Although the Queen Elizabeth Chelsea was not the cleanest or best located hostel that I've stayed in, the atmosphere and the staff completely make up for it. They are so fun and sweet and helpful. The guys at the front desk are very entertaining and they know all about London! There is a pub below the hostel where you check in with lots of friendly locals - a great place to hang out if you're traveling alone or waiting on a friend like I was.

• 27th Nov 2014

A gem of a girl working bar and reception, but the place is in need of overhaul!

This hostel had it all. Great staff, clean facilities, cool bar with cheap sneak and beer, and great location not far from nearest train underground station. The coolest thing was meeting lot of interesting people from around the world who stayed there so atmosphere was amazing. A girl at the desk you're awesome. I love your smiles. You're the reason I stayed at the hostel little bits longer. Guys I recommended this hostel. You won't be disappointed staying there.

An OK hostel to stay in...not extraordinary, but not terrible. Poor value for the weekend price...breakfast is not included and the setup of facilities is a bit awkward. Only three toilets in the main part of the hostel, and the 18 person bed room is in a separate building across a small courtyard, and has no wifi or toilet. Lockers are in the bar/reception area. Hostel staff gave us poor/vague directions to the airport, and in trying to follow them we almost missed our flight. Don't recommend.

Dirty, barely any showers/bathrooms, bad atmosphere-little to no communication between patrons.

This was my first ever stay in a hostel. I was abit worried but couldn't of been happier with the service and value for money would Deffo stay here again and other hostels following my good experience only thing room did wiff abit of feet but other than that couldn't of been happier even got breakfast included. Happy days

• 5th Nov 2014

Much ruin attendance, lack of organization, lack of cleanliness and disrespect female clients, men are changing in front of them, laughing face staff clients.

• 29th Oct 2014

I stayed at the Queen's for a week and I think I would do so again. Although it's not exactly central London and it takes about 10 minutes to walk to the underground station, I did like the atmosphere and my bed was quite nice too. So is the wifi that works well in the bar area, and the breakfast that costs you only 1,50. The only thing that I would like to be improved is the cleanliness of the toilets and showers and that more showers function better -but I think they are already working on it.

• 28th Oct 2014

Clean, friendly staff, showers downstairs are powerful and warm, toilets are clean, close to Fulham Broadway Station with many shops, met friendly people who were staying in my room and the door has a code to get in so it is safe.

Nice atmosphere and great for a few nights' sleep. Perhaps there could be more toilets though.

Apart from the staff was very rude when I arrived, the hostel itself is quite good with sofas to relax and good wifi. The locations is good in a residencial area, the underground station is a little bit far though.

We saw some really great reviews of this hostel before booking and I have no idea why. The staff member who checked us in insisted that my wife & I had to be in separate (mixed) dorms, because they were full. There was no notification of this on booking or any time preceding our arrival, so we were split up for 3 nights despite there being a free bed in my dorm for the duration. Too few bathrooms, all grotty. Breakfast unappetizing, "kitchen" in the bar downstairs, pillows dire but beds clean.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here, staff were very friendly, lot of tables and couches to relax in at the local pub downstairs. Close to imperial wharf and tube station. Good brekky for £1.50, room was small with 6 ppl but clean and lots of showers and toilets down the hall. We felt comfortable there and would go back again.

While it wasn't a strictly unpleasant experience, it can't compare to the other hostels we've stayed in. This could be because of the sheer expense of being based in London, but this remains a hostel that I can't recommend to anyone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5