Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

The guy I checked in with was really cool and helpful-wish I would've remembered his name. The place itself is quite old and it's a bar, so there was either much much older people there for the bar or adult-aged people there for the hostel. Therefore the environment was kind of awkward. The beds were comfortable and the place was okay in terms of cleanliness (not as clean as I'm used to, but it may be bc it's an older building). There were lockers, but in the main area. Wifi didn't work in room.

I had a great stay the staff and some of the other backpackers made me feel really welcome and the location is pretty good too. My only feed back would be the beds tend to sqeek a lot there relly light metal framed beds I eould say replace them with timber bunks its hard to sleep when people are in and out. This place is great for people who want a chilled stay it's not a party hostel.

• 21st Jun 2015

Not a great place, there was not blinds by the window next to my bed so I woke up around 5ish from the light, the room smelt bad too. (as only hostel rooms that haven't been aired enough can be) The shower had no hold for the shower head which was really annoying and I could only find one bathroom on 2 of the top floors. Was clean enough as a whole but these bits kinda annoyed me. Location is ok in SW London definitely not central. You're paying for what you get though as this was fairly cheap.

The hostel was very dirty, and even after taking shower, I still felt gross. Beds were thin and uncomfortable. The pub was ok, but I don't think it aided in the overall atmosphere. I won't come back as a solo traveler.

Very friendly staff and good atmosphere. Location is OK but not great if you're a tourist. Really lacking in kitchen space/bathrooms/toilets/sockets.

Homely and warm environment. Relaxed so i can feel at home and use the space how I want to. I had my lap top working in the pub area and no body bothers you but if you want to be social you can speak to others.

• 13th Jun 2015

The staff is helpfull. If you only want to have a place to sleep, that is ok. Showers and beds are clean. But the "kitchen" have a lot of issues. The tables were sticky dirty. The place has a lot of potential but it needs professional help to be called a good hostel.

• 8th Jun 2015

Great place to stay overall. The staff were wonderful... friendly and helpful. Only negative was the bathrooms. Some of the showers had very low water pressure and the weren't many facilities on each floor, which meant you had to go searching for an available bathroom. But if you don't mind stairs, this isn't a big problem.

Fun and friendly staff!

• 5th Jun 2015

All in all the hostel was acceptable..I liked breakfast and it wasn't expensive..The toilets have a funny smell..Matresses are a bit too soft and a friend of mine complained that hers had a dent in it..The staff is very nice and communicative and ready to help with directions

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Croatia

Okay so the hostel itself SUCKED. Smelled terrible. Some of the reviews I read said it smelled like bleach, and I would've gladly taken that smell over whatever I had. The room was disgusting and the showers made me sad. The pub atmosphere was fun, though. Don't go for the hostel, go for the pub.

• 1st Jun 2015

it's a nice hostel.. I liked by stay here.. Wifi and free lockers were included and a descent breakfast was included for a small fee.. also I thought the beds were comfortable.. good location as well, really chill place to stay if you're in london

The hostel was everything you could need for a stay in London, its in a great location near Fulham Broadway tube stop. The staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and felt very safe. There was also a bar downstairs that had really good priced drinks, especially for London. I did enjoy my stay here and it will be first choice for when im back.

• 25th May 2015

Good hostel, don't hesitate to stay. About 10 min walk from the tube and right next to Stamford Bridge. It is above a pub and the facilities are basic but clean. The pub downstairs is cool you get a small discount and can hangout. The staff is the nicest and most helpful we came across, always there to help and are all very friendly. Justin was extremely helpful! Great value for the price very worth it.

Amazing place to stay friendly staff, clean and safe

Not a clean hostel in comparison to others I have stayed in in London. Nor is it good value for money, considering the building condition, staff friendliness and location of other hostels in London.

• 8th May 2015

Robert and Justin, they really give to hostel that cosy welcoming atmospher,. Best hostel and best value for money in London. Will see u guys in 2months time.

not really a hostel more a pub with beds upstairs. Wifi didn't work and the kitchen was just a kettle and a microwave, not even a sink.

The staff are lovely, very friendly and really try to make your stay as nice as possible. However, the hostel itself is very rundown and dirty ie. mould and blocked drains in the showers, no heating in the rooms (freezing) and the fridge stank like it hadn't had a clean out in years, possibly decades. So the atmosphere was nice, but the hostel is not sorry. For the money it is fine, but if you can afford somewhere else, stay there.

• 26th Apr 2015

i have actually stayed here before and it my favourite hostel in london - trust me, i have stayed in more than a few on travels. the happy piotr is always cheerfull and knows his stuff. the pub is always got a good vibe and the rooms are always clean. I could not ask for anything more. I will be back again 100%

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4