Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

This hostel had it all. Great staff, clean facilities, cool bar with cheap sneak and beer, and great location not far from nearest train underground station. The coolest thing was meeting lot of interesting people from around the world who stayed there so atmosphere was amazing. A girl at the desk you're awesome. I love your smiles. You're the reason I stayed at the hostel little bits longer. Guys I recommended this hostel. You won't be disappointed staying there.

An OK hostel to stay in...not extraordinary, but not terrible. Poor value for the weekend price...breakfast is not included and the setup of facilities is a bit awkward. Only three toilets in the main part of the hostel, and the 18 person bed room is in a separate building across a small courtyard, and has no wifi or toilet. Lockers are in the bar/reception area. Hostel staff gave us poor/vague directions to the airport, and in trying to follow them we almost missed our flight. Don't recommend.

Dirty, barely any showers/bathrooms, bad atmosphere-little to no communication between patrons.

• 6th Nov 2014

This was my first ever stay in a hostel. I was abit worried but couldn't of been happier with the service and value for money would Deffo stay here again and other hostels following my good experience only thing room did wiff abit of feet but other than that couldn't of been happier even got breakfast included. Happy days

• 5th Nov 2014

Much ruin attendance, lack of organization, lack of cleanliness and disrespect female clients, men are changing in front of them, laughing face staff clients.

• 29th Oct 2014

I stayed at the Queen's for a week and I think I would do so again. Although it's not exactly central London and it takes about 10 minutes to walk to the underground station, I did like the atmosphere and my bed was quite nice too. So is the wifi that works well in the bar area, and the breakfast that costs you only 1,50. The only thing that I would like to be improved is the cleanliness of the toilets and showers and that more showers function better -but I think they are already working on it.

• 28th Oct 2014

Clean, friendly staff, showers downstairs are powerful and warm, toilets are clean, close to Fulham Broadway Station with many shops, met friendly people who were staying in my room and the door has a code to get in so it is safe.

Nice atmosphere and great for a few nights' sleep. Perhaps there could be more toilets though.

Apart from the staff was very rude when I arrived, the hostel itself is quite good with sofas to relax and good wifi. The locations is good in a residencial area, the underground station is a little bit far though.

We saw some really great reviews of this hostel before booking and I have no idea why. The staff member who checked us in insisted that my wife & I had to be in separate (mixed) dorms, because they were full. There was no notification of this on booking or any time preceding our arrival, so we were split up for 3 nights despite there being a free bed in my dorm for the duration. Too few bathrooms, all grotty. Breakfast unappetizing, "kitchen" in the bar downstairs, pillows dire but beds clean.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here, staff were very friendly, lot of tables and couches to relax in at the local pub downstairs. Close to imperial wharf and tube station. Good brekky for £1.50, room was small with 6 ppl but clean and lots of showers and toilets down the hall. We felt comfortable there and would go back again.

While it wasn't a strictly unpleasant experience, it can't compare to the other hostels we've stayed in. This could be because of the sheer expense of being based in London, but this remains a hostel that I can't recommend to anyone.

I would like to recommend the staff to change the curtain and the carpet of the bedroom, because I think it is stinking a little bit.

• 14th Oct 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a great stay considering the very low price.

• 12th Oct 2014

Bed sheets kept coming off the mattresses which kept waking me up, maybe find large sheets could use more signs on walls pointing out bathrooms/ showers, stairwell in particular. If there are signs there they were hard to see so maybe large font or different colours quick tour of the kitchen area and rules on arrival would be helpful

I stayed for 2 days and loved this hostel. I would definitely recommend your hostel to my friends who will visit London :)

The downstairs area is a pub that is noisy at night, so some people try to do the best they can to Skype or whatever at the other end of the room. Internet wifi is shockingly abysmal - it doesn't work upstairs so no choice but to sit in the noisy pub area. The price is reasonable on weekdays but jumps up.to £35 a night on weekends which is much too much for what you get. Staff are friendly and helpful. 6bed dorm was average; there was a guy snoring like a boiling witches' brew, couldn't sleep.

Really pleased with this hostel. Great value for money.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel is wonderful. Main quality is the clealiness. The mattresses are hygienic (tye of plastic) but still comfortable and not noisy (like plastic mattress can be). The breakfast is very nice (real fruit juice, yogourt, cereal, SOY milk, jam and custards...).The staff is nice (reception 24/7). There is a real place with sofas for you during the day (even if it is in the pub). Nice place for a short stay in London. Main default : a bit distant form central london (but 2 stations near).

Absolutely disgusting place. Black mold everywhere, bed sheets provided were not cleaned. Missing faucets, no hand soap anywhere (even for staff), sketchy showers with peep holes cut out. A snide manager who reveals reservation details to other customers and strangers. The location is a solid 40 minutes away from the city center as well (if you include walking time)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6