Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

For the price you pay is a very good hostel. Clean and good location. I definitely recommand it!!

• 11th Jan 2016

Friendly staff

This Hostel felt more like home where everyone were a one big family. Everyone were greeted for example on the morning when you wake up and also asked "Did you sleep well?" and when you came back on the evening the staff asked "How was your day?" That was amazing! Not every hotel nor hostel has that kind and warm staff who are there to help you. They helped me many times with directions anywhere where I needed to go. Definitely gonna go back! Thank you Queen Elizabeth Chelsea

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Hopsu
  • Finland

Excellent hostel with the most welcoming staff. The underground and overground stations are within walking distance as well as plenty of buses.

It will be a perfect stay if you can make sure the bath tub is not blocked.

Everything in this hostel is exactly what you pay for (in a good way). Location is a 10 min. walk from Fulham Broadway, which is not too much but can be felt like a lot when it's really cold. Would stay here again.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

The bar/reception with old local guys was a little strange at first sight, staffs were kind and helpful, bad thing was the 6-8 minutes walk to the nearest metro station so you could get to the center of the city, breakfast for $1.50 was a good deal. If you can't find anything in their price range with a better location this is not a bad place to stay.

Thanks for the review. Any thing in London that is 10 minutes or less walk to the Tube station is fantastic! You will find very few hostels right next to a Tube station. We are also a pub, and as a result we get a lot of people drinking in the pub who do not stay at the hostel, who are actually interesting characters - they will be able to tell you some of the most interesting stories about London - things a guide book will not tell you!!! :)

Very very good, very very nice. You can trust a Paddy to make a decent boozer.

First hostel I ever stayed in and I loved it!!! All the staff are great - Lucia, Justin, Scott, Velta and Robert. All so friendly and welcoming, definitely made some lovely friends there. The whole place is very clean and comfortable, couldn't really fault it on anything! If you're going to stay in a hostel in London I'd recommend this one as it isn't far from the train station and bus stops all around so great to get everywhere in London.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Overall if you can't find a better located place, for around the same price, it's not a bad place to stay.

The Queen Elizabeth Chelsea is by far the most amazing hostel I have ever stayed. I have travelled all over the world staying at numerous hotels and hostels and never have I come across a place as good as the The Queen Elizabeth. The staff our extremely friendly and went out of their way to Make your stay as pleasant as possible. 'King' the manager is a exceptional person, who personally went out of his way to help me during my stay along with Angus the owner. A great hostel well recommended 5*.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Wales

Too less toilets we always had to wait very long to get into. Cleanliness was very poor. The toilet was dirty. Once the cleaningstaff came in, saw us and just wiped once under one bed and left.....whole cleaning for our room?? I know that over new years eve rooms are more expensive but for nearly 50 pounds for to persons we have expected more!! The rooms were stinky and the sleepingspace very less. Only nice things: the staff answered our questions and the location was good.

People forget that there are toilets in the bar, which can be used. Unfortunately, some guests are not very good in their personal hygiene either, which can make the room smell. :(

Staff was very helpful with all questions I needed answered , Justin at the front desk helped me once and again even when I asked the question 20 times, he did not mind elaborating and helping out. the "subsidised" breakfast has really good value for money and the pub isn't half bad as well. You get a chance to mingle with the locals that are quite a cheery old folk who got thethe deserved name "Fulham's finest" and are great fun as well.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Israel

The atmosphere sucks big time apart from staff which is eager to chat . If you enjoy company of people who mostly enjoy themselves then you to go! Facilities - from the showers blocked with pubic hair to the extra small luggage storage covered in bad smell. 1 fridge for all residents no laundry. Overall it's cold in the community area but warm in room, nice staff and creepy pub guests during the day, 24/7 and reception is a plus

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Poland

We allowed this guest to check out late, without permission, numerous times, without penalty, and was wanting to stay longer than the 2 weeks. As it says on our description, our cooking facilities are limited, and if you want a hostel with a proper kitchen, we are not for you, and it's best that you don't stay here - it clearly says that. As we are a pub, open to the public, you will meet all sorts of people from all walks of life. :) Thank you.

The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful. Clean enough, though not perfect, fridge, microwave, and dishes to use were a plus. Clean comfy beds. Location is centered enough near the tube and several convenience stores. For the price it's fantastic, would definitely stay here again.

Nice stay at Queen Elizabeth, the staff was very friendly and the location is ok 10 minutes walk to public transportation

• 20th Dec 2015

Fantastic hostel, cheap breakfast in the mornings (GBP1.50), location close to a tube station so very accessible. Towels available for purchase (GBP4) and lockers are also available for use (BYO lock)

Overall the hostel was good. I would say, you get what you pay for. It's cheap in cost (especially for London) but it definitely is not the coziest hostel I have been to. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest. However, our room was pretty clean. It also had pretty decent beds. No wifi or plug ins in the room we were in was a downfall. But the cheap breakfast and nice staff were a plus. Would I stay there again? Maybe. The goods outweighed the bad. But it is only average in my opinion.

Thanks for the review! As stated in our profile, we don't offer Wi-Fi in the large dorm, but there are electrical points throughout the room. There is at least 1 electrical point per person in that room. :) Cheers.

great value for money! seems like the problems people had with the upkeep and cleanliness of this place has been improved. I found everything to be clean and the facilities to be working and in good condition. staff is great! be prepared that there's not much to do in the area, but there's a bus close by, and an underground about 10 min walk away. I was told the bus is going at night at well. maybe the directions on this site could mention this as well.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you for the review! We have been making improvements to the place, such as cleaning, new flooring, carpets and paint jobs. We will be making more improvements in the coming months. Thank you.

Location-wise, it is very near to the Fulham Broadway Station with about 5-10 minutes walk away. The staffs are friendly and everything is fine considering the price. All in all, a value for money hostel.

• 14th Dec 2015