Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

I thought this hostel has a great atmosphere. The attendant was excellent. So nice and so helpful and funny too. The rooms were standard- normal beds and space. The beds were a little squeaky but no big deal. I wish that the bathrooms would have been a little cleaner. The paint was chipping, etc. but it was good overall. The location was great because it was very quiet but it was quite far away from the center though.

• 9th Jul 2015

Definitely a good place for solo travelers, a good place to meet new people, hang out and have fun together. Would like it better if your Wi-Fi was more reliable and faster--webpages wouldn't load after a while or it would time out.

What can I say, you get what you pay for. The atmosphere in the hostel was great, it's got a British real pub feeling where I had great conversations. The stuffs were incredibly friendly. But the actual accommodation was a mess, there was 15 beds in the dorm, which was fine, but that was 2 power sockets while the dorm was incredibly cramped with slight odour. The shower was questionable, the drain didn't work quite well, I was standing in my own shower water. The place just seem to be patched up

One of the best hostels I've been in London. Excellent location if you like Fulham, very quiet at night, great pub, decent breakfast.

So friendly and welcoming... Either at 5 in the morning! Always asked how your day went and if there was anything they could do! Amazing and would go back in a heart beat

• 6th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

The staffs are pretty nice, they are willing to help you with everything that u need! Cheers Justin! The common area has a weird smell and it's a bit dirty but the bathrooms are clean! The neighborhood is a bit far from the city center, but is really near to the tube and to the buses stops. It's worthwhile.

The staff make a genuine effort, which is a welcome relief from the general London hostel stereotype. Nothing too fancy, but nice, clean, and quiet. Good value for money overall, as long as you're prepared to trek a little out of the centre.

The staff here was the real highlight they made me feel very welcome

It was a perfect place for me. The staff are kind and friendly. Very good location for travelers.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

The guy I checked in with was really cool and helpful-wish I would've remembered his name. The place itself is quite old and it's a bar, so there was either much much older people there for the bar or adult-aged people there for the hostel. Therefore the environment was kind of awkward. The beds were comfortable and the place was okay in terms of cleanliness (not as clean as I'm used to, but it may be bc it's an older building). There were lockers, but in the main area. Wifi didn't work in room.

I had a great stay the staff and some of the other backpackers made me feel really welcome and the location is pretty good too. My only feed back would be the beds tend to sqeek a lot there relly light metal framed beds I eould say replace them with timber bunks its hard to sleep when people are in and out. This place is great for people who want a chilled stay it's not a party hostel.

Not a great place, there was not blinds by the window next to my bed so I woke up around 5ish from the light, the room smelt bad too. (as only hostel rooms that haven't been aired enough can be) The shower had no hold for the shower head which was really annoying and I could only find one bathroom on 2 of the top floors. Was clean enough as a whole but these bits kinda annoyed me. Location is ok in SW London definitely not central. You're paying for what you get though as this was fairly cheap.

The hostel was very dirty, and even after taking shower, I still felt gross. Beds were thin and uncomfortable. The pub was ok, but I don't think it aided in the overall atmosphere. I won't come back as a solo traveler.

Very friendly staff and good atmosphere. Location is OK but not great if you're a tourist. Really lacking in kitchen space/bathrooms/toilets/sockets.

Homely and warm environment. Relaxed so i can feel at home and use the space how I want to. I had my lap top working in the pub area and no body bothers you but if you want to be social you can speak to others.

• 13th Jun 2015

The staff is helpfull. If you only want to have a place to sleep, that is ok. Showers and beds are clean. But the "kitchen" have a lot of issues. The tables were sticky dirty. The place has a lot of potential but it needs professional help to be called a good hostel.

• 8th Jun 2015

Great place to stay overall. The staff were wonderful... friendly and helpful. Only negative was the bathrooms. Some of the showers had very low water pressure and the weren't many facilities on each floor, which meant you had to go searching for an available bathroom. But if you don't mind stairs, this isn't a big problem.

Fun and friendly staff!

• 5th Jun 2015

All in all the hostel was acceptable..I liked breakfast and it wasn't expensive..The toilets have a funny smell..Matresses are a bit too soft and a friend of mine complained that hers had a dent in it..The staff is very nice and communicative and ready to help with directions

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Croatia

Okay so the hostel itself SUCKED. Smelled terrible. Some of the reviews I read said it smelled like bleach, and I would've gladly taken that smell over whatever I had. The room was disgusting and the showers made me sad. The pub atmosphere was fun, though. Don't go for the hostel, go for the pub.

• 1st Jun 2015