Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

Excellent, friendly staff. Great social hostel too; met some really cool people at this place! Clean too!

As soon as I walked through the door here I felt very welcomed. The staff are really lovely and friendly. The room was a decent size with clean bedding. The toilets and shower rooms were clean and with lovely warm water in the showers. Although I never had time to have breakfast there I did see what they had out and it looked like loads of choice. The only problem was that there were only 3 lockers in the room I stayed in with 6 beds. The hostels about 3min walk to tube and very good bus service

I have enjoyed my stay in the QE. I was a bit unsure of the hostel before I stayed, but after dealing with excellent staff, such as Robert, who made me feel very welcome, and allowed me to stay more than the 2 weeks while I sorted out my flat. The breakfast is good value at £1.5 - as much you like. The hostel is a very quiet area of London, but not in the most central part of London, but there are 24 hour buses about.

The hostel was kept clean, warm and as the common room/bar was joint, busy! It's close to everything: the overground is a 5 min walk and the bus/tube/Sainsburys are only 8 min walks. I made some fab friends, which was nice as I'm travelling by myself. The only slight negative was there is only a microwave. This is okay for a short time, ready meals become your friend! The wifi is good too. I walked about 45 minutes to the Science and Natural History Museum, and I recommend it! (They're free!)

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Cleanliness not very good. Staff does the minimum. Expensive given what it is.

Disappointed you didn't enjoy your stay. I'm surprised you found the hostel bad value, when you only paid £8 for your 1 night, in a 6 bed dorm, located in Fulham, Cntrl London, which is one of the most expensive parts of London! I'm sorry you didn't find the place clean: each receptionist goes around at least 3-4 times per shift to check the showers and toilets, then the cleaner is on the morning, and then in the evening we have the cleaner clean the rooms and toilets again.

I will absolutely return some day. You are awesome.

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Finland

Friendly chilled atmosphere, the staff are really friendly, especially Robert, who pours the best beer. I also liked the view from the stairs - I could see Chelsea Fc stadium! This is my favourite hostel in London.

I liked Robert the most - very friendly and helpful - he loaned me one his phones so I wouldn't be late for work. The location is very quiet and not too far from the centre of London (20 minutes tube). Cleaning is good, but very dusty.

• 2nd Feb 2014

It's a nice hostel to stay for a couple of nights. Very old building and you can tell by the carpets. But it has a nice atmosphere, everyone is friendly and the facilities are always clean first thing in the morning!

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

I can say two things about the hostel: 1- you pay for what you get (some hostels seem to look like low cost airlines, and please, don't take this as a bad review, but it's my impression based on my experience, and not just talking about this hostel); 2- on my first night I had an issue which was fixed very quickly and in a professional way by the girl working in the morning (the two staff people I had contact with were very helpful). My opinion is good, but some people will think the opposite.

Really nice hostel with friendly staff (cheers Peter) in lovely quite area close to Thames River.. Definitely great place to stay in London !

Very friendly people in da hostal!!

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Everything about this hostel is nice, except it is a bit of a walk from the metro station.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay! We are only a 10 minute walk from Fulham Broadway, and 5 minutes from Imperial Wharf stations. From there, you're only a 20 minute tube journey to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square. Bus number 11 is also on Kings Road (5 minute walk away), which is a 24 hour bus that goes to Victoria, Westminster, Liverpool Street Train Station.

Nice quiet chilled out hostel. Great if you want somewhere quieter and laid back, and to meet some colourful locals, maybe not so if you're looking for a party place. About a half hour out of central London by tube, close to a few bus lines but a bit of a trek from the Tube stations (especially with big bags on your back). Breakfasts werent spectacular but were cheap and went til late. Staff were super friendly. Free maps of London were free, amazingly, ask Rob if you can take one, he loves it.

• 8th Jan 2014

Robert was very friendly and well mannerd staff

• 6th Jan 2014

Overall the hostel is good. Nice beds, location is alright. I really wanted to point out the staff working there could and should be better! I was with a friend who wasn't staying at the hostel and the plan was to chill in the lobby due to the rain and cold, the person in charge that night said in a very rude manner that he needed to leave right away. Also, I left my luggage in the storage room because and the person in charge that morning told me "why don't you f... take your luggage upstairs?

It was a good place to stay for the night. There were plenty of people there to spark conversations with and the lobby was cozy enough I suppose. You could watch the television or use the internet. Some lockers would have been nice because the room was pretty cluttered with everyone's bags. Not bad overall though

역에서 약간 걸어가야 하지만 동네가 이쁘고 가는 길에 공원이 있어서 괜찮았아요. 스태프들이굉장히 친절하고 재밌어요!! 샤워 순서기다리고 있는데 지나가면서 밑에서도 할 수있다고 알려줬어요 ㅋㅋ 아침도 과일이랑 요거트, 빵 등인데 종류도 다양했고 호스텔 평소 분위기도 훈훈했네요. 방과 화장실은 사용할 때마다 깨끗했어요. 그런데 제가 잤던 방 침대들이 조금 많이 삐걱거려서 자다가 몇번 깼어요. 그것빼곤 다 좋았네요. 기억에 많이 남는 숙소에요. 특히 동네가 너무 예뻐서! 교통도 지하철역 가깝고 버스도 관광지로 바로가는 버스들이 많아서 잘 이용했어요. 다음번에 또 런던에 간다면 이용하고싶어요!!

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • South Korea

I visited London during Christmas and because of good reviews I decided to stay at this hostel. I really loved the place, nice, clean and warm rooms. They have really cheap drinks and breakfast was really good value for money. I will definitely return to this place, also can recommend people to stay. Thanks for the staff for their kindness, they were so helpful.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Russia

Had a great stay and would recommend this place to anyone wanting a value for money stay In London, staff were great! Always willing to answer any questions and help out. If you come across Kane your in luck, gave me all the information I needed and helped me around London and anything else I needed, great place keep up the good work!

• 20th Dec 2013