Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

15minutes walk from the tube station. The staff were friendly but the room was a bit crowded and noisy since it's close to the Main Street.

The hostel location is quite good because there are bus stops and metro stations near to it. Also the neighbour has a nice atmosphere. The bathrooms and beds were clean, but the whole place smelled like mold and it was quite bad to sleep. Moreover, the bedroom I stayed in had two windows, but one was locked and it was really warm inside it! The breakfast was good and cheap.

It was a pleasant stay. Beds are clean and showers are hot. Very helpful staff and nice manager Arthur.

• 20th Jul 2014

I Had a comfy bed and good sleep. The showers had hot water and clean. The staff expecially Arthur was very helpful.

• 17th Jul 2014

The room is cleaned but my 15 bed mix dorm do not have wifi but is still a really clean and decent hostel. Also, with the 1.5 pounds breakfast, it is a good hostel

The staff at Queen Elizabeth Chelsea hostel were outstanding. Kane was extremely helpful in helping my friend and I find our way around the city. All of the other people working at reception were funny and helpful as well, especially Aaron. I will definatly come back if I'm ever back in London.

• 14th Jul 2014

The staff were really friendly. The pub downstairs had a nice atmosphere. The rooms were cramped and were not clean. Also, the bathrooms smelt bad.

Great atmosphere, clean hostel and friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again. Kane was fantastic and tended to my every need, thank you for everything!

• 13th Jul 2014

Dear fellow travelers, In all my travels in hostels I've never been treated so badly as I have been treated here. The Staff is simply rude, arrogant and offensive. After asking to change the reservation to two instead of four days because of personal issues the 'lovely' receptionist told me to "go find my room by myself" and slammed the keys on the desk, and even dared to laugh afterwards. Though cheap, there is a limit to everything, and these guys are definitely going past it.

• 13th Jul 2014

OK hostel, cheap beers in the pub. Not so much backpacker feeling though. The 15 bed room was too crowded and the air was bad.

Staff was pretty good overall, Kane definitely helped me a lot. Other than that, place was a bit dive-y. The 15 bed dorm was awful and incredibly cramped, I had to sleep with my bag on the end of my bed since there was nowhere else to put it. Took a good 20 minutes on public transit to get to the city center, which was a hassel too. Ultomately I would say to stay here if you need some quieter nights and make sure to spring for a step above the big dorm.

The staff were very professional, friendly and welcoming from the very start. Kane in particular was great at advising where to find good coffee, supermarkets close by and how to get to the shops. He was very helpful and great to just have a chat with :)

Kane was the only staff member I really interacted with, but he was great--helpful and fun to talk to. The place is a little out of the way--10 minute walk to Fulham B'way tube station, but the lack of immediate surroundings (and bar in the hostel) helps create a great atmosphere in the hostel. A great choice for anyone who can accept a 20-50 minute trip home from wherever they are in London.

The hostel had a great community and I met so many amazing people. The staff was really friendly, accommodating, and always available. An ideal place to stay if you want to be out at all hours. There is always someone on staff to let you in.The negatives are as follows: rooms are really small and the wifi is only available on the first floor in the pub. Weekends are expensive, but it is the same everywhere in London.

I've never had to hostel in London before, I now know what cattle in a stockyard feel like. It turns out that this kind of hostel is the only thing affordable in the city. The showers were great, otherwise the staff was fairly dismissive. I've never seen so many beds crammed into one room before, with luggage strewn wherever one could find a place in the narrow aisles between the beds. The response to this will be 'Western Europe is expensive' but it's not a good enough excuse for me.

It's a very funny place to stay in London. Staff are very sympathetic and friendly. Regards to Kane, Arthur, Nur and all people there!!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Clean and friendly hostel and very nice bar downstairs. Thank's to Arthur.

• 5th Jul 2014

This was the first hostel of the trip and so far it's on the list of good places to stay. Staff were amazing and approachable. The location wasn't too bad, just a ten minute walk from the station. Only downside was there was no kitchen. Defiantly would recommend it!!

At first I was a bit concerned with the location (being 40 minutes from 'the center') but boy was I relieved. There's all kinds of cool pubs and parkks within walking distance and the area's super safe (like getting food by yourself at 4am and feeling fine). Cane and the other bar tenders are unreal, real cool guys, and beers are super cheap at the hostels pub. Probably one of the highest 'value for money' places I've been to in the UK and in a while. Cheers!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • dmoodley

Great staff, helpful and friendly. The beds were a bit squeeky, but everything was clean and tidy. Good place to stay.