Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

We only stayed here a couple hours to catch a flight, and it was ok. The rooms and hallways are small and hard to get bags in and out, and the walls are very thin so you can hear everything. Also the triple-bunks in the 6-bed dorm were a surprise. An ok hostel I guess, but it would be a little small for longer stays.

Had a great stay here can't complain about anything! Staff all very friendly, Rob is very helpful and always willing to help with anything he can! Will be back!

For the price you pay it's very well located only 17 min by tube to central london. There are lots of nice shops and supermarkets nearby. The room and bed was sufficient and clean. No bed bugs. You can hire lockers. The kitchenette is sufficient to cook frozen meals and make cup noodles. The showers are good and clean. Overall it's a cheap place to stay in London and it is value for money.

I loved the staff and the location. Very convenient!!! Robert and the guys are very helpful and laid back.

• 3rd Dec 2013

i really enjoyed my stay at the queen elizabeth hostel. the staff were very helpful, especially one member called scott . the hostel has a nice atmosphere and is well situated for the city. many thanks

Had a really great stay there. The staff were wonderful. Rooms were clean and tidy And I made so many new friends

One of the nicest histels i've stayed in -for sure the best in the UK!... Super clean, staff is great (kudos to Robert, with his funny hair and friendly smile ALWAYS ready to help), comfortable beds, great showers, and above a pub, which is nice for casual drinks after a long day! Biggest downside is a lack of a full kitchen, but there is a kitchenette and sitting area / tv area in the pub. A little out of the way but easily accessible by the overground AND the prices are fantastic.

It's not value for money, in london this is a cheap hostel, it has a small kitchen at least which is good, rooms, not that good, bathroom sucks, the lounge are is good, it's a pub with some couches, what bothers me is that they charged me 1 pound to print 2 pages, it's like flying on a low cost, is more a hostel for people trying to get a job in london, close to imperial wharf (train) not that close to fullham broadway (tube).

Disappointed to read that you did not have a positive experience at the QE. £9 a night, for a 6 bed dorm in Central London, offers excellent value for money. As it is winter, London gets quiet and this does attract people looking for work (this is the same in any London hostel). We do have a maximum stay of 2 weeks. If you had stayed longer than 1 night, you would have definitely met more travellers. Sorry you did not enjoy your stay, but you are always welcome to visit us again for a beer.

the may include the breakfast in the Price of the stay.

Thank you for the feedback about breakfast.£1.50 is a very fair price for what you get included,and costs us more than £1.50 to produce.If you were to go to a cafe in London and just ask for toast, they would charge you minimum £2 for 4 pieces of toast with only butter on it,and jams costing extra!With us, £1.50 gets you as much bread as you like, plus as much juice, jam cereals and yoghurt as you like. That is excellent value for money. Please stay again, you are most welcome! Thank you!

The staff were nice and helpful, however, there are only 2 bathroom with showers and one of them didn't work. The first night someone stole my towel. I slept with my wallet and most important things on my bed. When I asked the guy at the reception if he saw any towel; he just laughted and said, " if you leave your things unattended people will take it. I wasn't expecting the hostel to pay me for the towel but I wasn't expecting him to be so indifferent either. I guess it worths the 6 euros .

Sorry you had your towel taken and the staff being indifferent - I'm sure you know people stealing towels is beyond our control. For your valuables, we offer lockers that are free with your own lock. Sleeping with your valuables is not a safe way to store them. As for showers and toilets, we explain upon checkin that we have more showers and toilets upstairs, and toilets in the bar for people to use 24 hours. Sorry you didn't hear that upon checkin. Thank you.

Very good hostel, probably the best you will stay in at these excellent prices. There are many positive things to say about the Queen Elizabeth Hostel: it's always clean, there's free wi-fi, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's quiet at night and the hostel is in a great location - quiet but close enough to town. During my stay there was a problem with the hot water and heating, as there can be anywhere, but it was fixed quickly. Perhaps most importantly, the beds were clean and comfortable

• 14th Nov 2013

Quite a homey place indeed. Staff very friendly and facilities ok (typical hostel standard, some installations a bit noisy so just make sure you have earplugs with you). I was in a constant rush so didn't hang out at the pub but the place in general seems very welcoming and stands out from the crowd. Might be a good place for a newcomers to meet new people!

Very welcoming and friendly. Felt at home straight away especially with the bar staff - Arturs!! Would definitely recommend this hostel to others.

• 4th Nov 2013

I have stayed at other hostels in London, and this is really one of the better ones, at a good price. Breakfast is excellent value at £1.50, especially for a fussy vegan eater like me, The place is really comfortable place, and very quiet as it's not in the centre of London (but only 15 minutes by tube). Staff is really great, especially Robert the manager and Val!

Great hostel, with hostel bar. Friendly, helpful staff! Especially Piotr the night porter! Really good value for money, and nice quiet location. Would definitely stay there again... Thanks!

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

The hostel was a very friendly place and the beds were very comfy and the sheets were the warmest ive ever stayed in a hostel, big thanks to Arthur who was very helpful during my stay at the hostel.

• 31st Oct 2013

Friendly staff (robert especially) , good location near a tube stop and cheap beer. \\\\\\\\\\\\

i was very impressed with the location of the hostel. a member of staff, arther was very helpful with places for eating, sights, etc. i would recommend to people!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are very friendly and helpful, they always say hello and have a chat to you. The place is a short walk from Fulham Broadway station and in a quiet neighbourhood. There were always plenty of other people around in the bar area to meet. If you're looking for a big party scene though this isn't the place for you.

nice Hostel with nice staff, 100% for Piotr :p