Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

I liked the Hostel, the people was nice. The toilets and the showers were clean. I was in bedroom 12 and I think there are too many beds regarding the space in the room. I think that maybe 1 bunk bed and a normal bed were execessive in that room. But everything else was super. Breakfast for 1.5 £. That's great.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Spain

It was very sweet place with very good atmosphere. Good beds and showers. Thanks to Arturs for pouring good pints.

I booked this hostel rather last minute but I'm so glad that I did! I stayed here for a little less then two weeks before moving to another part of London and it was a really great place to meet other people. The staff here is awesome--Kane and everyone else on staff are all easygoing and friendly.

• 21st Jun 2014

Had a awesome stay here, having a pub downstairs is always a ++ in my books, 7min walk to station, and heaps of shops close by. Hostel it's self was great, stayed on the 1st floor in a 6 bed room. Was clean and tidy, shower was fine and not moldy like som ofvthe other reviews say. Staff were excellent, always friendly and helpful when ever you needed something, especially Kane, 'you're a champion mate, thanks for making it an awesome experience, keep up the good work'. Id recommend this hoste!

• 20th Jun 2014

The staff are really helpful. Let me check in at about 1:30am with no fuss. Very accommodating. The location is not the best. Quite far by train, and you have to take the overground, which is not the world's most efficient transit line. The place seems rather grimy. It used to be a pub and still has that feel of soot and spilled drinks. The communal showers didn't feel sanitary enough to use, and the private toilet room is rather run-down. Not the cleanest place.

Staff is nice, wifi works, free breakfast. Location so-so, kind of out of the way. Never seen 6 beds packed into such a tiny space.

Elizabeth Queen is a great Hostel, the beds are good, breakfast really nice and only for 1,50 pounds and it also have a great bar downstairs. For a long stay is a really good hostel and it is 10 minutes from the subway so it is really easy to get everywhere. The staff is really helpful, especially Edward, Emily, Peter and Kane. They have a really good disposition to help in everything and to make your stay really pleasant. I will definitely come back!!!!

The showers had poor water pressure, but they did the job although smelling kind of funky. The bedroom I was in smelt pretty funny too. BUT the staff were very friendly and helpful- no complaints at all. The beds were comfortable and the towels you can buy at reception are quite decent. Excellent value breakfast and comfy downstairs chairs. Excellent location- good neighbourhood and close to everything. Definitely bring flip-flops though- floors are dusty.

I have only good things to say about this place. I had a great stay there: the staff are super nice, and there is a complete continental breakfast for £1.50 which is insane. I was expecting triple bunks but I got a room with 4 beds in it (double-bunks) which pleasantly surprised me. The bedding was sparkly white and clean. It even seems to draw a great class of guests as everyone I met was lovely. Only small letdown is there isn't really a kitchen, but there is a fridge, microwave and kettle.

The hostel is clean and beds are comfortable. There is nice Pub downstairs with nice bartenders but the best Guinness is sold by arturs.

• 16th Jun 2014

Showers were powerful for a hostel which is good. but there weren't enough to go round at bust times, its in the middle of a housing estate so its pretty safe i think. no kitchen big downer!

• 15th Jun 2014

Staff were friendly, easy to find. Had everything I needed.

It is pretty far from the center, and dirtier than expected - although it is a pub!

This hostel was amazing, I met some many cool travellers in one night. Not a party hostel but great place to meet people. The sink or the pipes were noisy just in my dorm but the guy who works there is super nice. They offer breakfast for 1.50£ and have a fridge, microwave and plates and cutlery etc. if you want to be close to the centre of London it isn't the best but definitely a genuinely great hostel

It was really awesome! I love the experience, the staff was very nice and kind! The bathrooms are clean and the price is good! I also like the breakfast, the price is reasonable and it is very good!

Staffs are great, friendly...location, transportation and it's worth for what you pay...I will stay again if I go to London.

So nice to have a lovely hot shower in a place that feels very homely. Much better than the last time I stayed. :)

This hostel had a pretty awesome bar in front, great time in London.

We had to go outside to get to our room and the wifi didn't get out there. Not much for a kitchen, but you can make it work. There are hardly any plugs in the rooms and tons of people. 24hr reception is great, but you cant bring your own alcohol in. The walk from the tube is pretty far but not unbearable and I felt safe the entire time.

Compared to other hostels I have stayed this one did not stand up. The location was aware from the main areas of site seeing and included at least a 10 minute walk to the closest metro. It was located above a pub, so until it closed the place could get quite noisy. My travel partner had to wait an extra 2-3 hours to finally get put in a bed due to having sold an extra bed than what was available. Overall, the staff was generally nice and helpful, but the atmosphere was nothing to write home abou

• 3rd Jun 2014