Queen Elizabeth Chelsea Reviews

58 Bagleys Lane, London, England

old the staff very friendly, especial the manager Artur.

• 15th May 2014
  • Mexico

Location in the zone 2, but still easy to get to the city centre. Clean rooms and overall nice common spaces. Breakfast costs £1,5 and is definitely worth the money! Hot water was sometimes hard to get and in the room there wasn't enough working wall plugs. However, overall good experience and value for money!

• 13th May 2014
  • Finland

Guys, I am amazed by your natural and genuine customer service. You make the place.

It's the best budget hostel I've stayed in London yet. Comfortable matrasse, nice staff, relaxed non-pushy atmosphere. But please guys, do some upgrade and provide HOT WATER in the morning as well, because that's a pain when more people are using it. Otherwise clean and spacious bathrooms. Breakfast doesn't worth £1,5, it's from the cheapest supermarket stuff available, but you can eat as much as you want.

The location is nice and the breakfast ok. However, I spent some nights in a 6-beds room, to be honest it was too small for 6 beds. The kitchen is not well equipped and there was no hot water in the showers. The wifi signal is very weak in the first floor.

Nice staff who know how to serve nice drinks,

• 1st May 2014

It's a good place to stay if you don't have money enough to be in another place. The good things about this hostel are: the bar and the sympathetic old seniors that reunites there to watch TV, and the breakfast. The dorms are not good, the bathrooms are not clean neither functional, and the location is terrible.

The bar has a good vibe, since it's a hostel/bar and the bar has all the stuff you need. Its very sheep seeing that in London is difficult to find such good price/quality as this one. I had some small problems, that i think it's important for who cames here. The 15 bed, are in some sort of a shed with a crowded room, and his propitious to get nooise all night since the bar his close, and people came and go. I toke my only shower there at 6am and it was totally cold. Btw.. Chelsea fans :)

This hostel was a pretty good stay. If you were staying there for only a couple of nights and holidaying, it would've been perfect. However I stayed there 5 nights and was house searching and working in my new job. So having people check in at 3am when trying to sleep was a bit exhausting but hey it was really cheap so I shouldn't complain. There is an express tesco 300m away which was great for the meal deals as this hostel offered a microwave. Could be better, could be worse!

My friend and I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which is a place for 3 people at most.. no space for even leave the backpacks. All the showers were cold, many clients complaining about that. And they charge to leave the backpacks in the luggage room, even if you gonna come back on the same day.

Overall below average. Poor facilities, in the 15 bed dorm I hardly could get any sleep. It was cold and smelly, the bathrooms far from it. Not enough toilets and warm water.

This is a fair hostel for someone looking for a cheap night's stay. However, I was disappointed by what seems like false advertising online, since I chose the hostel on the basis of its location ratings and included breakfast and shower facilities. There was a substantial commute from the hostel to London's tourist districts, and many tenants complained about the lack of hot water. However, the staff were very helpful.

• 25th Apr 2014

the place is very unsecured. I was scared to leave my bag and go to the city. they have loker, but you need to buy a locket which is 3 p. of course, you can buy it from reception, as well as other stuff.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Romania

Love this place but i miss Robert

the boy alejadro is amicable and so many food in his box, do not hesitate to ask him to share

I really liked the hostel. A+ to the Staff... they were very kind and helpful. Kudos to Alejandro, staff member that helped us a lot. I found everything clean, nothing dirty. Toilets were very clean and if you look for private and not shared bathrooms, don't worry, they have. Very safe place, they even have lockers, so take your locks. (If i could i would like to have contact through fb with some of the staff... facebook.com/arturoc) Add me.. i need a favor to ask..

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Honduras

Everything was better, than only excellent! Thank you fot atmosphere and good memories! :) :)

Really loved the atmosphere... especially the common are near the pub/reception.. The first floor showers could work better though. :)

• India

I was looking for a cheap host in London to spend 2 nights and I opted for this one. As I need to return to London more times, I will surely choose this youth hostel. Also, Alejandro (an employee from that hostel) helped me when I arrived there and advised me about a lot of things to take into account (places, bars, etc). Good care, friendly and patient staff.

• Spain

Well, considering that I was publicly humiliated and discriminated against for being a day over 35, I found the manager's comment unprofessional and unmannerly. YES WE ALL know hostels are for 35 and under, but the fact is some take older and some don't. Those who do are usually the nicer ones and those who don't usually have chubby little chauvenists running the place, which ultimately loses its atmosphere!! Funny the BAR itself is frequented by predominantly older men. Will write the travelog