Quetzalroo Reviews

6ta Avenida 7-84, Zona 10, Guatemala City, Guatemala

Staff was not helpful, unreliable, and unorganized My friend and I had booked a double bed and when we arrived, we were given one queen bed and when we objected they had said that they were full and that we had to settle.

• 24th Jan 2016

Dear guest, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We apologize for any inconvenience created for giving you one big bed instead of two separate ones (even do we recognize our error and only charged you for a one person room) that night indeed we had a full house and hope you understand how diffficult is to keep everyone happy all the time, mainly because you arrived late and leave very early without giving a fair try to our staff service and the differentiation.Safe travels.

Pretty chill hostel. Clean. The location is in a nice area but there is nothing around it. If you want to eat or do anything, you'll have to walk 20 minutes (not good idea at night) or take a taxi. This is not a party hostel and it's very low key. They do sell beer but I doubt they would even give you more than a few. They also cook and sell you food, which I thought was a little pricey.

Thanks for taking the time to reviewing our property. Even do we dont consider an accurate description of our place.(and it dont help us much in improving) We suggest for your further travels to leave the programmer mindset and interact more with travelers and other people of the hostel. We love to introduce guatemala city to travelers that simply wants to explore it and asks us for it being open to. But it was difficult in your case because you spend all day behind a computer screen. Safe travels. Quetzalroo.

We LOVED our one night at Quetzalroo was excellent. The owner was very cool and very passionate/knowledgeable about Guatemala City. He was fascinating to talk to and he spent all of Christmas Day with us taking us around the city. We wished we could have stayed longer to learn and experience more. Highly recommend the hostel- clean, comfortable and secure.

Highly recommend Quetzalroo hostel. Marcos the owner loves his mother country and it shows with how passionately he speaks of it. He's informative, cool and overall easy going. I arranged airport pick-up through the hostel in advance for Q50 or $6. If you need free wifi at airport hit the tourism kiosk "Inguat" for password. Wifi works in the hostel kitchen and t.v. room only. A complimentary breakfast was made each morning and a free shuttle to the airport may be arranged.

Another great stay at Quetzalroo! This place has wonderful staff and attracts a good group of guests. Comfy beds, excellent breakfast, perfect insider tips of the city (take the bike tour!), and a great location. I don't think I would appreciate Guatemala City as much if it wasn't for staying here. Thanks!

Excellent place to stay in a very nice location. Close to everything in Guatemala city. Marcus will always do his best to make your stay the most pleasant ever. Don't forget to try his craft beer...

The most travellers skip Guatemala City, this hostel is one of the good reasons to give the city a chance. The staff is very friendly an enthusiastic about to show the people the city. Join the bike tour and you'll be surprised how modern and creative this city is and a lot of good things going on! The dorms and privates are clean and friendly. There is a nice rooftop terrace to relax with a craft beer. I highly recommend this place!

• 11th Oct 2015

When you read about Guatemala City on the net, you have the feeling you cannot do one step without being robbed...I am super happy that I stayed at the Quetzalroo and that I followed Marco's recommendation to spend a day in Guatemala City and do the city bike tour with him and another guest of the hostel. A total eye opener! He showed us some really interesting and beautiful places of the city and it was very interesting to learn about all the history, art and people of the city.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Really cool place with nice, helpful staff, rooftop garden, even private balconies in some of the rooms. They give free rides to the airport too. The breakfast wasn't great after my stay in Antigua (toast and fruit), and make sure you ask how to get in after dark because it was not explained to me and took me a while to figure it out. But other than those minor quibbles, I loved my stay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Marco is a sly hostel owner. It is clear that he is more interested in making money off of travelers than he is helping them out. He just wanted us to stay in Guatemala city and take his personal shuttle, those two things were not on our agenda. We had to return to Guatemala city to fly out later that week and decided that it was not worth going back and I am happy about that decision.

• 23rd Aug 2015