Fabulous 329 Total Reviews
Fabulous 329 Total Reviews
Quetzalroo Located at 6ta Avenida 7-84, Zona 10, , Guatemala City.
Guatemala
Guatemala City Guatemala 10110 6ta Avenida 7-84, Zona 10
89% 329
14.6050963 -90.5108213
    Rooms available

15th Aug 2016

A quiet hostel (which suits me) away from the main bars of Zone 1 but close to some ( good but expensive) restaurants and an American Mall. The beds are wide and very comfortable. The rooms are spacious and not cramped with beds. The staff are very friendly and willing to help with whatever problem or request you might have.

• USA, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2016

I loved staying at Quetzalroo! Marcos is an incredible host and took us to a great local spot. He really loves Guatamala and is bringing love and creativity to a situation that can seem overwhelming. I'll be back at the end of my trip before I fly out and hope to take infamous bike tour then.

30th Jul 2016

the best: the guy running the place. Really mindful and nice

• belgradista
  • Germany, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

Everything was good! Arranged transfer from bus station and to airport with them easily! The owners (fortunately they are Guatemalans) are very friendly and want you to have a good time! They took me and another guest to a nearby local place for dinner which was great! Would have loved to do the bicycle tour!

• USA, Female, 41+
3rd Jul 2016

I first stayed at Quetzalroo in 2013 at the end of my trip. I was so happy and relieved to discover a welcoming family run hostel in Guatemala City. Staying in a hostel with a fun, open environment really made my Guatemala City experience great! I think the area is pretty safe, too. I initially chose Quetzalroo in 2013 because of it's location (near the airport and very close to a musuem that I wanted to visit), but I left Guatemala feeling like I had made friends and a home away from home.

• USA, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

My friend and I had a wonderful time staying at Quetzalroo. We used it as a transition point in Guatemala City to explore there and go to other parts of the country. Everyone at Quetzalroo made us feel welcome and a part of the community there. They were always willing to help make hostel or shuttle reservations and recommend places to stay and visit around Guatemala. They love to show and teach people about Guatemala and share their knowledge of their country with you.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Jun 2016
8.0

Quiet hostel near the airport. Not a good location for restaurants but luckily the friendly owner took us out in the car to a restaurant. Not much else nearby. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice free breakfast (fresh fruit, toast and jam) and filter water provided. Weird room setup as we had to walk through a dorm to get to our private room. Clean rooms and towels provided. Quite quiet not much atmosphere. Wifi only in common room.

1st Jun 2016

I stayed one night in this amazing hostel and wish I could have stayed longer. It is a very cute, comfy atmosphere with an outgoing helpful staff. breakfast was on point. Honestly my favorite hostel in Central America. Has hot showers, nice beds and cool artwork everywhere. I highly recommend going on the bicycle tour. It is the best way to see Guatemala City. We spent half the day peddling through the streets with Marcos and got to see so many different parts of the city. Best vibes!

22nd May 2016

Quetzalroo was great! The hostel itself is very basic but has a lot of character. Marcos and his mother were wonderful hosts; they made us feel very welcome. My only regret is that we did not spend more time in Guatemala City! We will definitely come back.

• Slovakia, Male, 31-40
19th May 2016

We stayed just for one night to catch the plane in the morning. Not expecting much we took the bike trip organized by the hostel and it turned out to be the best day of the whole 3 weeks trip in Central America. Open-minded guide Marco with great taste in good coffee and local food showed us the Hipster-New-Guatemala city aswell the other part of the dark guatemalan history with bright future... An unique way how to explore the city! 10/10 Thanks a lot!!