9.0
Superb 335 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 335 Total Reviews
Quetzalroo Located at 6ta Avenida 7-84, Zona 10, , Guatemala City.
Guatemala
Guatemala City Guatemala 10110 6ta Avenida 7-84, Zona 10
90% 335
14.6050963 -90.5108213
    Rooms available

15th Sep 2016

The family that runs Quetzalroo are all very kind and welcoming. The rooms are great, an awesome communal room, free wifi, free breakfast of fresh fruit bread and coffee. Roof deck was a great place to hang out with the other travelers, but even better was having Marcos from the hostel join us and share withus more in-depth Guatemalan history. I heard his bicycle tours of the city are fantastic as well.

• Israel, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2016

Best staff ever. I stayed in so many hostels in my life. Never felt home as this one. The family is super gorgeous and let you feel one of the member. Help in every single thing. So recommend.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
5th Sep 2016

This place is impeccably clean and very comfortable. It's in an apartment building and kind of feels like you're staying in a home - there's even a loungeroom with a TV. The staff are very kind and welcoming, and there's always someone around to help you with problems, questions etc. In terms of location, Zona 10 is not very exciting, but it is clean and safe. there's a fancy mall and a Supermarket down the road if you need to shop, see a movie, get cheap eats to cook or from the foodco

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Aug 2016

I don't normally leave reviews but I was genuinely impressed by the quality of my experience here. This is a great hostel in a city that seems to be overlooked by many travellers. If you can spare a night or two it is well worth visiting. The bicycle tour is excellent and a "must do" if you really want to understand the capital and its history. The hostel itself is quiet at night (not a party hostel) but still has a social atmosphere with decent communal areas for meeting other travellers.

15th Aug 2016

A quiet hostel (which suits me) away from the main bars of Zone 1 but close to some ( good but expensive) restaurants and an American Mall. The beds are wide and very comfortable. The rooms are spacious and not cramped with beds. The staff are very friendly and willing to help with whatever problem or request you might have.

• USA, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2016

I loved staying at Quetzalroo! Marcos is an incredible host and took us to a great local spot. He really loves Guatamala and is bringing love and creativity to a situation that can seem overwhelming. I'll be back at the end of my trip before I fly out and hope to take infamous bike tour then.

30th Jul 2016

the best: the guy running the place. Really mindful and nice

• belgradista
  • Germany, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

Everything was good! Arranged transfer from bus station and to airport with them easily! The owners (fortunately they are Guatemalans) are very friendly and want you to have a good time! They took me and another guest to a nearby local place for dinner which was great! Would have loved to do the bicycle tour!

• USA, Female, 41+
3rd Jul 2016

I first stayed at Quetzalroo in 2013 at the end of my trip. I was so happy and relieved to discover a welcoming family run hostel in Guatemala City. Staying in a hostel with a fun, open environment really made my Guatemala City experience great! I think the area is pretty safe, too. I initially chose Quetzalroo in 2013 because of it's location (near the airport and very close to a musuem that I wanted to visit), but I left Guatemala feeling like I had made friends and a home away from home.

• USA, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

My friend and I had a wonderful time staying at Quetzalroo. We used it as a transition point in Guatemala City to explore there and go to other parts of the country. Everyone at Quetzalroo made us feel welcome and a part of the community there. They were always willing to help make hostel or shuttle reservations and recommend places to stay and visit around Guatemala. They love to show and teach people about Guatemala and share their knowledge of their country with you.