Quetzalroo

8.8
Fabulous 379 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

Amazing hostel. Marcos bike tour was what made the stay so memorable! Not a party hostel but lots of great people. Everyone is so kind, friendly and welcoming. Definitely recommend staying here!

9th Feb 2017

Although the Hostel allowed me to use credit card (VISA), to pay for my stay, they used an i-phone app rather than a card-reader. I had to pay in cash because my bank did not recognize this type of transaction and so rejected it. The shuttle schedule provided by the Hostel was not suitable for my flight, so the manager suggested Uber. He was not available to assist in arranging Uber when I needed to depart the next day, but one of the other guests very kindly made the arrangement for me.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Feb 2017

Homely, happy and helpful staff! Lovely family feel, family run hostel that soon makes you feel safe and interested in a strange and interesting city. Always clean. Hot showers which is nice if you're coming in from a hotter place and need a bit of warming up in the evenings. Breakfast is served to you by the staff as you sit around the dining table which is a perfect opportunity to meet other travelers! Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others travelling to Guatemala City.

• Sweden, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

My stay was great, I arrived really late at night but they managed to receive me without problem. The morning after they helped me book a shuttle to Antigua and I got picked up right by the hostel which was very convenient. The location is good, right in zona 10 which is very safe and also near the airport. Also walking distance to a few great museums.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Amazing staff, a real homey feel to it. A great free breakfast and a lift to the airport for which we just had to tip the driver. Highly recommend.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

Great staff, very friendly, free transport shuttle to the airport. Marco was very informative and helpful about travelling and things to do. Great hostel all round.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
30th Jan 2017

Only stayed for the night - good spot near the airport

30th Jan 2017

I enjoyed my time at this family owned hostel. Take the bike tour! So much more than a tour. Marcos is passionate about the history of his city and his country.

• Japan, Couple, 31-40
12th Jan 2017

Our bus was delayed and arrived to Guatemala City around 11:30pm. We were so glad that the hostel was so kind to check us in and found a nearby bar that was still open for some drinks and snacks. We had a nice private room and a shared bathroom that was very clean. They also had the most comfortable bed I slept in during my stay in Guatemala.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Jan 2017

It was a short stay but the staff was lovely, and the hostel was clean, quiet and safe.