Quetzalroo Reviews

6ta Avenida 7-84, Zona 10, Guatemala City, Guatemala

Nice hostel, really welcoming staff, nice breakfast. I don't know if the location was great, because we arrived by taxi by night, and just left with shittle to Antigua the next day, but I will guess that it was not too far fromthe city centre. Be aware that it doesn't have any signs at the gate, so it can be a little difficult to fint of you don't go there by taxi. Otherwise it was great!:)

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Norway

Great place to stay,close to the airport,very good pick up service,even took me to the dentist.they cant do enough to help.zone 10 is a safe area to stay .as i have said its a good hostel.

The owner organized a pub tour and went with us. The hostel itself was quiet. Really amazing was that the girl at the counter wrote down for at least 20 minutes some tips for guatemala while I waited for the shuttle service to Antigua. I didn't ask for that, she offered that by herself.

STAY HERE! I had heard from everyone that Guatemala City was just a place to pass through on the way to somewhere else, but this hostel and it's owners are passionate and dedicated to changing that. Marcos is amazing--he knows everything that's going on in the city and is happy to take you with him. I signed up for the walking tour, but since it was just me we went by bike instead and it was awesome. Marcos and his mother sometimes make dinner that you can buy and it's always tasty and cheap.

Staff was friendly and helpful. They were true to their word. They picked us up from the airport after we called when we landed. A friendly atmosphere and the food was excellent.

Great hostel! The owners are very helpful with history, hand drawn maps, and pick ups/drop offs to the airport and bus station. William, who runs the walking tour, is happy to take you out to the bars/clubs for happy hour and at night. Within an hour of arriving, Marcos (owner) took me to a live music bar to meet some of his friends. I visited great (cheap) restaurants and lively clubs with William that I would have never found otherwise. Felt totally safe in the city with these guys.

i really couldn't recommend theses guys enough, i booked one night and ended up staying 3, Marcos is amazing, a new friend :) everyone there went out of there way to make my stay in Guatemala fun, informative and safe. will definitely be going back on my way out :)

A crowded hostel, the actually location is hard to find. The area is not safe to walk around.

The best hostel in Guatemala.

This place was (compared to the hostels I stayed in in all other parts of Guatemala), pretty grim. The bathrooms were unclean, the Wi-Fi was inconsistent, and breakfast was toast and black coffee. The rooms are set out over several floors and there's no real social element, just a very shabby, downtrodden vibe. I would not recommend this place to my friends unless they needed to stay close to the airport at short notice.

This hostel is expensive but you are well looked after here. The owner, Marcos, speaks excellent English and takes guests out for nights out and arranges meals in the hostel on certain nights. The hostel also collects you or takes you to your next mode of transportation. The hostel is located in Zona 10, a safe but pricey part of the city. There´s a computer for free internet use and the dorms are comfortable. I´d recommend this hostel and Guatemala city is worth seeing too.

We have stayed at Quetzalroo 2 times on our trip and will return for our last night in Guatemala. It felt like home the first night we were there, with Marcos, his sister and Mom being very friendly and helpful. We were given suggestions on sights to see, places to stay and restaurants all over the country. A communal cookout completed our Friday night, with all the guests mingling and sharing info on good places to go. Highly recommende by us!

The airport pickup and drop off were a big plus. Staff were very helpful. Room and bedding were clean and comfortable. I did not use the laundry facility, but it would be a plus for those needing it. Thank you Quetzalroo for making me feel welcome.

Really can't fault this place. For the money I paid it was great value. Staff were helpful and even went out of their way to personally show me around town. All the adventure activities they offer are great value to easily undercutting the competition.

• 16th Oct 2013