Quetzalroo

Superb 426 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 426 Total Reviews

17th Jun 2017

Marcos and Maria are very welcoming and help with any reservations needed. They organize bike tours around the city and I would highly recommend it! So much fun and it was a great way to explore the city! Breakfast is included and wicked delicious - I especially love the different jams they make! I can't wait to visit again and stay here!

• jaapdinkelman2166
  • Netherlands, Male, 31-40
9th Jun 2017

Really enjoyed my stay here! The setup of the hostel invites all to sit and join each other in the living room. The staff is really friendly and the bike tour definitely gets my recommendation! Will visit again when I fly out of Guatemala!

9th Jun 2017

BEST EXPERIENCE IN GUATEMALA CITY. The owner, Marcus, knows exactly what's going on- he'll bring you to the new and upcoming areas, show you the sad history as well as th amazing future that this country has. His bike ride tour really made the trip, and tons of cultural context to boot! His brother brews artesianal beers which can be enjoyed on the rooftop with a picturesque view of the city (Zona Viva)

• Canada, Female, 31-40
9th Jun 2017

We had a great time at this hostel. We met amazing people who know a lot about the culture and are truly passionate about it. Thebike tour offered for only 120Q (10us) is a must!!!!! You will discover nice little places in this big city. You will also taste amazing coffee and food, we learned so much.... and had a lot of fun with the guide and the other travellers. Thanks for everything!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
6th Jun 2017

I stayed at Quetzalroo when I had to overnight in Guatemala City for a flight. I'd highly recommend, close to airport and free shuttle. Atmosphere was great thanks to Marcos getting everyone involved and taking us for a late afternoon bike through the city.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
28th May 2017

Very clean, quiet and close to the airport. My girlfriend and I stayed here twice and would stay again if ever in Guatemala City

• Canada, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2017

Quetzelroo was my last stop in Guatemala before returning to Canada. I arrived late (after 11 pm) after being stuck in a broken down bus for over half the day. The staff got me settled right away and were very sweet, and accommodating. The next day I was taken around the city on a bike tour by the hostel, my host was the very knowledgeable and attractive hostel owner Marcos. The tour itself was enough for me to give the hostel a 10 out of 10, it was the highlight of my stay in Guatemala city.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
23rd May 2017

Brilliant hostel! Just stayed one night but will stay again on my way back! Close to the airport and the owner will organise an uber for you from the airport. Marcus the owner also took me to a local bar at night and I met his friends and it was a really fun experience to see the real Guatemala (and realise it's not so scary or dangerous). Couldn't recommend this hostel more highly!!!

• Australia, Male, 41+
16th May 2017
7.1

A nice enough hostel which is clean and has comfortable beds. A little expensive for what is, the surrounding neighbourhood reflects this. Not sure its the best location for visiting sites around the city but is close to the airport which is what I needed.

• marcusnoble
  • England, Male, 18-24
9th May 2017

Fantastic place to stay, stayed for 5 nights. Based in a great area, just a few minutes walk from the mall and various restaurants. Maria, Marcos and Veronica were all lovely and so helpful - from bookings cabs, to giving info on the best sights to see, eat or go out in the night. The shared bathrooms were always kept clean and tidy and they even have a cute fluffy dog called Peanut who lazed around near the reception every now and then :) 🐶 Would recommend to anyone of all ages!