Quetzalroo Reviews

6ta Avenida 7-84, Zona 10, Guatemala City, Guatemala

Friendly and very helpful staff, felt extremely safe, cosy hostel. Marcus was very helpful booking other hostels and giving advice for travelling around Guatemala. Great communal dinner!

• 12th Aug 2014

very good location; nice hostel; very helpful staff

• 9th Aug 2014

The guys at QuetzalRoo are super helpful - even arranging all my transport out to other places and planning my entire 10 day trip for me! Would recommend to anyone coming into Guatemala City before heading off.

Just like a home! This hostel is cozy and the staff (a family) is so friendly! I felt like I was staying in their home. It's so peaceful and quiet. There aren't many bathrooms, but again, I liked that aspect because it felt more like a home. The hand towel was changed daily! Super clean. Walking distance to a few malls and a major avenue. Marcos always had ideas each day of things to do and gives great tours. Go to La Terminal with him! Amazing experience.

• 22nd May 2014

Marcos was very friendly and took us to a great Guatemalan coffee shop and an excellent French restaurant for dinner. He is very knowledgeable about Guatemala city and give you the proper guidance for truly enjoying the city. The hostel is comfortable. The breakfast is very basic and the kitchen is off limits for guests. Great place to stay in Guatemala City!

Staff was helpful and nice but the hostel is still very overpriced. The offered bike tour was alright but also very expensive with very very simple bikes. Also they take you to expensive coffee places on that tour (3 USD for a coffee). Zone 10 seems a little borring (nothing in walking distance except a shoppimg mall), I would recommend to stay in Zone 1.

Great little place, near zona viva. Clean, and friendly staff. Only thing, with Hostelworld, I bought a 4 bed dorm, but I was put in a 6 bed dorm. Since their was one person who snored aloud, I couldn't help thinking if he would have been in my dorm if it was a 4 bed dorm as advertised...

View all Guatemala City Hostels