Quito Airport Guesthouse Reviews

971 Alfonso Tobar y Tulio Garzon, Tababela, Pichincha, Quito, Ecuador

The building I stayed in (both my bedroom and the shared bathroom) were infested with spiders and other bugs. I was bitten at least a dozen times by something during the night. On the recommendation of the front-desk attendant, I walked a few blocks to try to buy food, but couldn't find the locations he described. And when I returned, he had left and I had to wait outside the gate, after sunset, for 10-15 minutes for the non-english-speaking worker to answer the doorbell. Do not stay here.

This guesthouse is in the back of the property, with a nicer hotel in front as the main building. There were a few guests in the main hotel, but I was the only person in the back in the cheapos. At night it was a little weird being the only person in this old building in the back, except the spiders, so I mulled it over, broke out another $35 and upgraded to the hotel, which was very nice. The staff here was excellent. They got me a ride before dawn to the airport for $5.

• 6th Jul 2014

Staying at the Quito airport guesthouse was a life saver. I arrived into Quito on a late flight after a 20h+ trip and was heading out again from the airport the next morning. A transfer was easily arranged and when I arrived there was someone there to meet me. Check in was efficient and I appreciated being able to speak in English after a long trip. I was able to arrange a transfer back to the airport for the next day and order breakfast before I left. The room was spotlessly clean.

• 1st Jul 2014

My fault for not knowing Spanish but hard to communicate the need for food.

• 11th May 2014

Booked one of the cheaper rooms. Good value for the price ($15/night) - 4 walls, roof and a clean bed :) Friendly staff.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly in arranging an early morning taxi to the airport. My only reservation is that the door rooms were pretty spartan.

• 8th Apr 2014

Did the job just fine for us as a place to stay the night before an early flight from the new Quito airport. I wouldn't stay any longer as there's very little in town. Getting here without using a taxi, however, was more the challenge but we saved a lot of $ so was worth it (website will give you instructions, I suggest printing a map before you go there as there is a 5-10min walk from the bus stop and we nearly got lost)

bugs crawling on the walls, the whole room looked more like a cell in a jail than a sleeping room, it was a shabby shack at best. There are nicer hostels/b&bs in Tababela if one needs to sleep close to the airport (even if I couldn't find them on hostelworld) The staff are friendly though.

Convenient location if arriving late in Quito. I had a cheap room in the secondary house, which was sinply a bed put into a former kitchen. All sorts of bugs visited me during the night.

We only stayed one night, but this place felt like an upscale B&B. Wish we could have stayed longer!

if you plan to use their pick up service book it with at least 2 days in advance as I did on the same day and never got reply (the owner said he'd check email only twice a day) and when i complained he said he was doing me a favor. the woman at the reception was kind but was not told I was going to arrive late although I had mailed the manager about my late flight. the room is clean good value for money but the management clearly needs to be more communicative externally and internally

Interior and exterior doors are very noisy, woke me several times in the middle of the night from people coming/going or using bathroom. At the least instruct people to be considerate with doors/leave signs. Rooms a bit damp/cold feeling, window wouldn't close, concrete floors could use more rugs. Great service arranging transport to/from airport at off hours, thanks.

Staff not friendly - it appeared to be an inconvenience for them that we were there. There was no sign identifying the Hostel and my taxi driver had to call the hostel multiple times go get directions. The location map on the Hostelworld website showed the wrong location for the hostel (it apparently was at their old location which is more than 20 miles from the new location). I informed the hostel manager, of this problem and she did not seem interested in correcting it.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

If it would be my only place where i had been stayed in Ecuador then i would not think much about it, but has i had been in many places in Ecuador for now, then that is really good place it has water!!!!!! even HOT if you want, it has also bed, and clean one. And no mouses run around in your room..... That place is ok if you start your travel to Ecuador, and you think that its just the best place if you had been already traveled in Ecuador, People if you come to Ecuador then do not expect comfor

View all Quito Bed and Breakfasts