Quito Airport Guesthouse Reviews

971 Alfonso Tobar y Tulio Garzon, Tababela, Pichincha, Quito, Ecuador

The building I stayed in (both my bedroom and the shared bathroom) were infested with spiders and other bugs. I was bitten at least a dozen times by something during the night. On the recommendation of the front-desk attendant, I walked a few blocks to try to buy food, but couldn't find the locations he described. And when I returned, he had left and I had to wait outside the gate, after sunset, for 10-15 minutes for the non-english-speaking worker to answer the doorbell. Do not stay here.

This guesthouse is in the back of the property, with a nicer hotel in front as the main building. There were a few guests in the main hotel, but I was the only person in the back in the cheapos. At night it was a little weird being the only person in this old building in the back, except the spiders, so I mulled it over, broke out another $35 and upgraded to the hotel, which was very nice. The staff here was excellent. They got me a ride before dawn to the airport for $5.

• 6th Jul 2014

Staying at the Quito airport guesthouse was a life saver. I arrived into Quito on a late flight after a 20h+ trip and was heading out again from the airport the next morning. A transfer was easily arranged and when I arrived there was someone there to meet me. Check in was efficient and I appreciated being able to speak in English after a long trip. I was able to arrange a transfer back to the airport for the next day and order breakfast before I left. The room was spotlessly clean.

• 1st Jul 2014

My fault for not knowing Spanish but hard to communicate the need for food.

• 11th May 2014